• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sunny Milk and Lightning, Very Very Frightening (Touhou Low Tier Upgrade and Ability Addition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna clarify that I have 0 calcing skills so this will be less of an actual calc and more of a 'here is everything needed to do the calc'. The high 8-C was just an estimate, I believe.

Okay, so here's Nitori's flood spell card in question (using the Hakurei shrine stage in AoCF since it's a safe lowball, and easier to measure).

AoCF runs at 60 FPS, and the flood moves approximately this far in a single frame.
unknown.png
Here's Nitori's height compared to the three fairies. We know they're 1.387 meters tall, and should have a head size of 0.27391666666 meters (from here). This means Nitori's head size is about 0.29158870967 meters (I feel like I did this part wrong...).
unknown.png

From there, scaling her head to the flood, we find that it moved 1.23285752685 meters in one frame (241/57= 4.228070175438597, 4.228070175438597 x 0.29158870967 = 1.23285752685).
unknown.png

1.23285752685 x 60 = 73.971451611 m/s, which is 266.2972257996 km/h. From there I think we only need to figure out the volume of the flood, which I think also requires estimating how high above the ground they are... yeah, that's beyond my already shitty math abilities. But I hope this is enough info to give someone else the push to do an actual calc of this feat.

Out of curiosity, you got a full body (not half body) shot of Nitori next to the fairies?

Friezing feats may or not count for AP anymore
They do, it's just a matter of scaling to physicals, which I got covered.

good thing we got the ues thing accepted right

right
UES standards aren't really set in stone but the fact that Touhou has a universal source of power that is directly connected to at least one physical stat (stamina) and amps magical and physical power in equal measure will probably be good enough for most people.

Well, that's a nice surprise. Wasn't expecting to see tier 7 results aside from Raiko's storm stuff, and more importantly this still means there's a clear difference in power between the fodder and the low tiers.

Oh yeah, since we have the calcs needed for making what will hopefully be the final low tier CRT, we really do just need to get healing approved and we can move on. We got other people waiting for a CRT slot, after all.

Ye, so... Will yokai like Nitori get the Low 7-C+ Stuff but fairies like Cirno and Sunny Milk will get the 8-B Stuff (assuming that both calcs are accepted) due to the fact that Fairy is generally fodder - not including Clownpiece and Tanned Cirno - or am I wrong?

Yeah, fairies and fodder youkai scale to 8-B for the most part, while everyone above them will scale to Nitori (and some of them may scale to a tier 6/5 feat). We'll have to figure out just where exactly tanned Cirno belongs in the scaling chain, however.

Yes. It's basically just healing, then other users post their CRTs, then I'll post the final low tier upgrade CRT (assuming the calcs are evaluated by then). The fact that we need like 20+ bumps to get a single ability addition approved of is kinda ridiculous if I'm being honest.

Very nice. I can get started on a (hopefully final) low tier CRT covering the scaling and getting this stuff applied. In the meantime... We really do just need healing approved and we can move on :v

Okay. I will close this thread. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Just for clarification, the water dragon scales to physical AP why? Late check of the thread and file kinda doesn't make it apparent

Okay. I unlocked this thread again, given the above.

I'll answer Zark's question assuming someone else doesnt beat me to the punch in a moment, just need a quick refreshment on Touhou's UES.

Hope this answer is sufficient. Everybody in Touhou has access ti what is known as 'Spirit', which functions as a sort of energy source for most attacks and techniques in the series (explanation page is here). It fits the qualifications for a UES for a number of reasons, which means that magical techniques like Nitori's water dragon (as well as Cirno's ice creation and Nitori's flood) should scale to physicals. First is that Spirit is treated as equivalent to stamina, a physical statistic. Second is that it naturally empowers ALL attacks, physical or magical. In the bullet hell games, it powers up each character's basic shot, which includes physical attacks like throwing weapons and sword slashes. Finally, Spirit is also equivalent to Chi/Qi, which also empowers physical statistics.

Granted, this isn't on any page yet since I was hoping to cover it in a thread dedicated to applying the accepted calcs, but I guess getting it out of the way now is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back