• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Movie Discussion Thread

Therefir said:
CinnabarManx421 said:
Also if anybody is willing, this still needs to be calced.

(1:40)
The vid that links gives is broken.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I believe so. It was agreed to be I think awhile ago but nobody ever ended up calcing it. Plus even non-combat Gem Tech was proven to move at FTL speeds in another calc.
Non-combative tech moving at FTL speeds doesn't ground scaling other tech to it. That's like saying humanity has lightspeed bullets because we can generate lasers.

inb4 this thread becomes a revision debate for stuff completely unrelated to the movie

WeeklyBattles said:
The FTL stuff is for combat tech, which this tech scales to. Gems have FTL weapons, not just ships Dargoo.
Why specifically does that tech scale to the FTL stuff? Not all weapons are created equal, in speed and in potency.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Oh, it's that feat. Didn't we have a talk on that on the other thread or did that kind of peter off before concluding?

We talked about it yes and you said you would try to calc it, then when I asked you about it later you said to just post it on the requests thread, which I have been doing for months with no luck.

If Steven wants a happy ending... SHATTER HER! It's the only way... I want to see the SHATTERING!

Otherwise if she survives she will be a painful migrane that will haunt Beach City forever.

InazumAzure said:
If Steven wants a happy ending... SHATTER HER! It's the only way... I want to see the SHATTERING!
Otherwise if she survives she will be a painful migrane that will haunt Beach City forever.
New villain: Sweating don't think gonna Escape but No need Redeem will disppeared..

Navy/Aquamarine are legit the only two villains who didn't succumb to the power of freindship, which they probably did off-camera anyways since the diamonds were systemically slapped with Steven's worldview.

They've resisted Talk no Jutsu. It gets even more impressive when you remember that this is Steven Universe, the show where Talk no Jutsu can be effective within minutes in the most rushed and poorly made way possible.

Seriously tho, except for mybe Peridot (and I guess you could count Lapis or Bismuth), every redemption was utter trash.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
It would be funny if Steven tried to redeem her, and it blew right in his face.
I would love to see that in the movie. Steven uses Talk No Jutsu just as she grabs Steven's hand she suddenly kidnaps Steven(and maybe incapacitate the Crystal Gems *humans included* for good measure) and transports both of them to a random planet/country for the real final battle!

I want Steven to snap go out of character, get pissed, via another brutal beating from her and do the same to her only 10x worse then shatter her.

Nobody must interfere, nobody must be around but only the two of them.

Eh I doubt my wish can come true in a span of 90 minutes.

Oh well if the movie won't give me my wishes then I hope season 6 or the future seasons to come will break and shatters Steven's personality and character even more than Seasons 1-5(Diamond Arc).

Don't know about anyone else, but I've got a bit of a problem with the way White Diamond's profile is written:

> The Diamonds are considered to be by far the most powerful Gems in existence,

This may serve as an AP justification but needs a source.

> so greatly superior to others that even the thought of a Diamond getting "poofed" is considered laughable.

This is a durability feat, not an AP feat.

> Easily turned Blue and Yellow Diamond into mindless puppets at the same time.

This seems to be hax, not AP.

> While the exact degree of the Diamonds' superiority to other Gems is unknown, the fact that any other Gem "poofing" them is seen as a joke suggests the difference could be absolutely massive.

This is a durability feat, same as above.

> Superior to the other diamonds, as she was able to control Blue and Yellow with relative ease

Once again, this is hax.

> (Also implied to be personally responsible for the broken state of the gem homeworld )

The only source for this is an article that doesn't contain a source inside it. So there is no way of verifying this.

So White Diamond's profile is basically written with only one solid AP justification, and needs to be edited for that.

@Damage I believe similar issues exist for Yellow and Blue's profiles, but I agree.

So, the movie makes me dislike Pink Diamond even more.

She essentially abused her authority to make Spinel stay still for 6000 years. Similar to making Pearl silent about what really happened with "Rose Quartz" being shattered.

It makes me really feel for the "villian" and really hits home with Steven's fustration with dealing with problems Pink left behind.

Anyway, Good movie. Phanel's scythe seems to bypass durabilty since it sliced through Steven's shield.

No i mean its literally not showing up anywhere on today's directory, for me it did not air today :/

Back