• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steal the crown from under their nose (The Hunter vs Stone Golem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its literally a Bloodbone enemy

Man i love when profiles have a bunch of vaguely explained abilities and no notable attacks section, especially when its a obscure monster...

Alright, so going through its abilities:
  • Immortality (Types 1, 2, and 7): Nothing new to the Hunter
  • Attack Reflection/Damage Reduction (Its skin somewhat deflects attacks): Would barely apply, deflection bonuses dont really come up too often in combat
  • Telepathy via Detect Thoughts: Potentially useful but its a concentration spell, if this is used the Drinker loses the ability to use any other spells unless it drops concentration, meaning its basically just throwing away stamina for no reason.
  • Disease Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation via Eyebite and Horrific Gaze (Inflicts a nauseating feeling, frightens foes, and can even induce comatose; the gaze of a Vitreous Drinker induces immense fear and a sickening feeling): Eyebite is useful on paper but the Hunter counters basically all of it, the ability to fight with completely obscured vision is very helpful
  • Absorption via Vampiric Touch (Can absorb a target's life essence): Same as Detect Thoughts but marginally more helpful, but requires the Drinker to get within range of the Hunter which is a bad idea
  • Portal Creation via Dimension Door: Meh option all around, cant BFR with it, cant use it to attack without hurting itself, most it can do it teleport into stealth.
  • Soul Manipulation and Death Manipulation via Finger of Death: Arguably the most useful spell here, but its not an instant death unless the opponent is already weakened, its entirely possible to dodge which the Hunter is entirely capable of given thats their entire fighting style, and even if it did kill it wouldnt get through the Hunter's immortality
  • Information Analysis, Sense Manipulation (Can lash out with its tongue to steal a target's ability to see, rendering them blind and allowing the Drinker to see through their eyes): Not really useful against an opponent who can fight while blind. Also seeing through an opponent's eyes renders the drinker unable to use spells as it uses concentration.
  • Biological Manipulation (Its tongue covers the target's eyes with horrific growths): Bloodborne in a nutshell
  • Resistance Negation (A target that has been tongue lashed by the drinker loses its ability to resist certain effects): I...dont know where this comes from
  • Summoning/Creation of Spectral Ravens, Ravens are Incorporeality and have Flight, Magic, Reality Warping, Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3), Preparation: Cool summons but ultimately just an annoyance.
  • Ghoul Touch: Not sure why this isnt included but should be, touch-based paralysis is cool but can be countered by the Hunter's Mark which just requires the Hunter to think to use
So basically this is just a really annoying Arcane build boss fight but the Drinker doesnt really have any means to beat the Hunter permanently

Summoning/Creation of Spectral Ravens, Ravens are Incorporeality and have Flight, Magic, Reality Warping, Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3), Preparation: Cool summons but ultimately just an annoyance.
Thing is, all of his ravens can do the same spells he does, which includes the Death Manip
opponent is already weakened, its entirely possible to dodge which the Hunter is entirely capable of given thats their entire fighting style, and even if it did kill it wouldnt get through the Hunter's immortality
No actually, this is gesture based and instantaneous, working on anything within this thing's LoS, you know, a creature with eyes everywhere. Also it insta-kills anyone without resistance. I learned this the hard way when I submitted him to a tourney
Portal Creation via Dimension Door: Meh option all around, cant BFR with it, cant use it to attack without hurting itself, most it can do it teleport into stealth.
Not really. Once the Drinker realizes that the hunter respawns via lanterns, he can just go to each present lantern while leaving a raven in the previous lantern to death manip the hunter when they pop out
So basically this is just a really annoying Arcane build boss fight but the Drinker doesnt really have any means to beat the Hunter permanently
The guy has infinite stamina and his birds have all manners of Self-Sustenence. I'm tentatively sure he can just repeatedly kill the hunter every time they comes back until they get bored

Okay, im going to preface this by clarifying that ive been working on the D&D pages for almost two years now and have been playing the game since 3d edition. I am well aware of how the abilities work.
Thing is, all of his ravens can do the same spells he does, which includes the Death Manip
The Ravens can only use the Drinker's touch spells. Death manip is via Finger of Death, which is a ranged attack, not a touch spell.
No actually, this is gesture based and instantaneous, working on anything within this thing's LoS, you know, a creature with eyes everywhere. Also it insta-kills anyone without resistance. I learned this the hard way when I submitted him to a tourney
Its not actually, it requires both verbal and somatic components, meaning it has to say the spell out loud, only up to a range of 60 feet. And no, it doesnt:

"You send negative energy coursing through a creature that you can see within range, causing it searing pain. The target must make a Constitution saving throw. It takes 7d8 + 30 necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one." - 5e

"You can slay any one living creature within range. The target is entitled to a Fortitude saving throw to survive the attack. If the save is successful, the creature instead takes 3d6 points of damage +1 point per caster level (maximum +25). " - 3.5e
Not really. Once the Drinker realizes that the hunter respawns via lanterns, he can just go to each present lantern while leaving a raven in the previous lantern to death manip the hunter when they pop out
Wouldnt work, the Drinker wouldnt remember it because time gets rewound each time the Hunter dies. And again, the Ravens cant use death manip.
The guy has infinite stamina and his birds have all manners of Self-Sustenence. I'm tentatively sure he can just repeatedly kill the hunter every time they comes back until they get bored
Kill...how exactly? Like yeah it might get lucky one or two times but the Hunter's entire strategy i the long term is learning an opponent's attack patterns and how to counteract them.

"You send negative energy coursing through a creature that you can see within range, causing it searing pain. The target must make a Constitution saving throw. It takes 7d8 + 30 necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one." - 5e

I assumed that @Mr._Bambu was correct here and that the spell did cause insta-death
The Ravens can only use the Drinker's touch spells. Death manip is via Finger of Death, which is a ranged attack, not a touch spell.
Oh yeah, didn't notice that one until re-reading the arguments in that thread
And again, Finger of Death is a ranged spell, meaning it can be dodged

I mean, the effect happens instantaneously at the point of a finger so unless he can move fast enough to dodge a simple gesture, I don't think it's something that can be dodged
Wouldnt work, the Drinker wouldnt remember it because time gets rewound each time the Hunter dies. And again, the Ravens cant use death manip.
Wait what? So this is how he can Incon Flowey

Also yeah if the Ravens can't cast insta-death then this is probably a stomp

Necrotic damage is weird, technically its just dark magic, the opposite of Radiant damage which is holy magic, and the only reason that Finger of Death causes death is due to the abundance of necrotic damage it causes, hence why it can be survived if the target isnt weakened.

I mean, the effect happens instantaneously at the point of a finger so unless he can move fast enough to dodge a simple gesture, I don't think it's something that can be dodged
Ah my bad, reread the spell and yeah it is instant, misread the save details lol

The struggle of translating between 3.5e and 5e
Wait what? So this is how he can Incon Flowey
Eeyup lol

Eeyup lol
Assuming I just need something to cause an incon, I'm considering using an elemental since they can only be hit by weapons that can hit something in multiple universes at once. I got a guy in just in the hunter's AP range

Assuming I just need something to cause an incon, I'm considering using an elemental since they can only be hit by weapons that can hit something in multiple universes at once. I got a guy in just in the hunter's AP range
Yeah that would be an incon at best, though you would probably have to put it up against the rest of 8-A due to how inconning is treated in that bracket

And just to get this concluded

Incon FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Deflection bonuses is effectively a passive forcefield. It's based on the ability "Unholy Grace". While the statblock doesn't include flavor text on what exactly is that, it's comparable to an angel's protective aura.

• Telepathy via Detect Thoughts: Potentially useful but its a concentration spell, if this is used the Drinker loses the ability to use any other spells unless it drops concentration, meaning its basically just throwing away stamina for no reason.
While a concentration spell-like ability, it's duration doesn't end for quite a bit. Nothing stops it from doing hit and run tactics and use the effect from stealth.

• Disease Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation via Eyebite and Horrific Gaze (Inflicts a nauseating feeling, frightens foes, and can even induce comatose; the gaze of a Vitreous Drinker induces immense fear and a sickening feeling): Eyebite is useful on paper but the Hunter counters basically all of it, the ability to fight with completely obscured vision
You didn't address the effect of Horrific Gaze, so I'm assuming it works. This is what Horrific Gaze inflicts. And it will keep on working as long as The Hunter is within the Vitreus' gaze.

• Absorption via Vampiric Touch (Can absorb a target's life essence): Same as Detect Thoughts but marginally more helpful, but requires the Drinker to get within range of the Hunter which is a bad idea
Why would that be a bad idea?

• Information Analysis, Sense Manipulation (Can lash out with its tongue to steal a target's ability to see, rendering them blind and allowing the Drinker to see through their eyes): Not really useful against an opponent who can fight while blind. Also seeing through an opponent's eyes renders the drinker unable to use spells as it uses concentration.
The Vitreus' ability to see through an opponents eye doesn't take away his concentration. Plus, the Vitreus Drinker does not use spells. It uses spell-like abilities. These don't require components, they are thought based.

• Resistance Negation (A target that has been tongue lashed by the drinker loses its ability to resist certain effects): I...dont know where this comes from

Comes from the same ability that the Vitreus uses to render a target blind. It applies a -4 to Will Saves and overall saves against his spell-like abilities. It can do so with but a touch.

• Ghoul Touch: Not sure why this isnt included but should be, touch-based paralysis is cool but can be countered by the Hunter's Mark which just requires the Hunter to think to use
Not included because the Vitreus Drinker does not have it.

Vitreous drinkers settle within towns, cities, or other civilized areas. They use their eye drinking ability on a wide range of animals and people within the city or region they haunt. A single vitreous drinker might ambush and drink the sight of beggars across the city. These victims are unwitting sentinels for the drinker, forming a living network of spies

This is the Drinker's standard tactic. It indeed would abuse stealth and slowly form a network of information on a target, thanks to the ability to see through a victims' eyes. This makes sense, as they are emissaries for Vecna, the god of secrets. Ambushing a Vitreus Drinker is nigh impossible too, as that's the primary concern of it's Ravens. They do not attack, nor can interact with the world. They are meant to observe (and the Drinker can observe through them).

I am going to preface this by saying i am well aware of everything you brought up here, i am one of the D&D knowledgeable members
While a concentration spell-like ability, it's duration doesn't end for quite a bit. Nothing stops it from doing hit and run tactics and use the effect from stealth.
Hit and run tactics wouldnt really do anything? The Hunter has an abundance of healing items, absurd stamina, and is no stranger to hit and run tactics themselves, plus having summoning that would make stealth borderline useless asthe Drinker would have to avoid upwards of seven people simultaneously.
You didn't address the effect of Horrific Gaze, so I'm assuming it works. This is what Horrific Gaze inflicts. And it will keep on working as long as The Hunter is within the Vitreus' gaze.
I did though? The Drinker is nothing the Hunter hasnt already seen in his own world, hell the Hunter has a resistance to disease manip by default and even the Blood Vials the Hunter uses would make him basically unaffected by nausea as they make him immune to illness.
Why would that be a bad idea?
Because the Drinker would be getting into CQC with a stronger, significantly more skilled opponent who fights beings identical to the Drinker every 10 seconds in his world?
The Vitreus' ability to see through an opponents eye doesn't take away his concentration. Plus, the Vitreus Drinker does not use spells. It uses spell-like abilities. These don't require components, they are thought based.
Im aware, but you cant use two concentration abilities at once, even if theyre not spells, you have to drop concentration on one to use another.
Comes from the same ability that the Vitreus uses to render a target blind. It applies a -4 to Will Saves and overall saves against his spell-like abilities. It can do so with but a touch.
Ah, cool, still doesnt help him when the Hunter can just fight while completely blind
This is the Drinker's standard tactic. It indeed would abuse stealth and slowly form a network of information on a target, thanks to the ability to see through a victims' eyes. This makes sense, as they are emissaries for Vecna, the god of secrets. Ambushing a Vitreus Drinker is nigh impossible too, as that's the primary concern of it's Ravens. They do not attack, nor can interact with the world. They are meant to observe (and the Drinker can observe through them).
See, heres the issue with that, the Hunter can just null that completely by using any number of headpieces that obstruct his vision, thus rendering the ability to see through his eyes useless. And even if it did manage to get info on the Hunter, if it manages to kill him, all of that info will be lost when time resets and the Hunter will know what its doing and work to prevent it.

Hit and run tactics wouldnt really do anything? The Hunter has an abundance of healing items, absurd stamina, and is no stranger to hit and run tactics themselves, plus having summoning that would make stealth borderline useless asthe Drinker would have to avoid upwards of seven people simultaneously.
Quite effective when you have an ability that effectively continuously gives you knowledge. The summons are also irrelevant, they are things the Vitreus Drinker already can contend with as a CR 11 creature. Let alone the amount of tactics a group of adventurers at that level would be able to conjure up. The overall point is that you are mistaken believing concentration is a deterrent.

I did though? The Drinker is nothing the Hunter hasnt already seen in his own world, hell the Hunter has a resistance to disease manip by default and even the Blood Vials the Hunter uses would make him basically unaffected by nausea as they make him immune to illness.
How many layers? Horrific Gaze has 10. If the Hunter gets affected, all it will do is walk around. Will not be able to even use thought based abilities.

Because the Drinker would be getting into CQC with a stronger, significantly more skilled opponent who fights beings identical to the Drinker every 10 seconds in his world?
The Vitreus Drinker can contend with adventurers with way greater variety than the Hunter, all with all manner of experience with all kinds of monsters. And it can contend with four of them at once (if not more). Not that it particularly matters, as effectively the Vitreus Drinker would need one touch to use the ability that renders the Hunter's resistance moot (assuming he has the layers in the first place).

Im aware, but you cant use two concentration abilities at once, even if theyre not spells, you have to drop concentration on one to use another.
Good thing only one of the Vitreus Drinker abilities requires concentration, huh? Which he can drop and it won't end the effect.

Ah, cool, still doesnt help him when the Hunter can just fight while completely blind
Good for him. Doesn't stop the resistance negation, which is the notable aspect of it.

See, heres the issue with that, the Hunter can just null that completely by using any number of headpieces that obstruct his vision, thus rendering the ability to see through his eyes useless. And even if it did manage to get info on the Hunter, if it manages to kill him, all of that info will be lost when time resets and the Hunter will know what its doing and work to prevent it.
Doesn't need to specifically use the Hunter's eyes. Can use any creature it touches, and it's completely in-character for it to abuse this. That's the point. Re-starting the battle don't particularly matter anyway. Finger of Death + Horrific Gaze it's what matter here anyways.

-

Noted how you ignored the passive forcefield from Deflection, so I'm assuming it works.

Yeah, forget about skill.

As undead, vitreous drinkers have no true ecology. The creatures were reputedly created by Vecna for some nefarious purpose. Some legends state that Vecna actually advises each of the vitreous drinkers, directing them to some unknown end. Across countless worlds and the infi nite planes, vitreous drinkers work together to fulfill Vecna’s unguessable aims.

How many layers? Horrific Gaze has 10. If the Hunter gets affected, all it will do is walk around. Will not be able to even use thought based abilities.
Six, so fair on that point, that works once, Hunter resurrects and changes his strategy to kill the drinker before it can look at him.
The Vitreus Drinker can contend with adventurers with way greater variety than the Hunter, all with all manner of experience with all kinds of monsters. And it can contend with four of them at once (if not more). Not that it particularly matters, as effectively the Vitreus Drinker would need one touch to use the ability that renders the Hunter's resistance moot (assuming he has the layers in the first place).
That ability being...?
Good thing only one of the Vitreus Drinker abilities requires concentration, huh? Which he can drop and it won't end the effect.
What? The Drinker has multiple abilities that require concentration: Detect Thoughts, Arcane Eye, Eyebite, and Vampiric Touch are all concentration spells
Good for him. Doesn't stop the resistance negation, which is the notable aspect of it.
Cool? How does resistance negation make any difference when the opponent's eyes are obstructed?
Doesn't need to specifically use the Hunter's eyes. Can use any creature it touches, and it's completely in-character for it to abuse this. That's the point. Re-starting the battle don't particularly matter anyway.
How would that help though?
Finger of Death + Horrific Gaze it's what matter here anyways.
That wouldnt permakill the Hunter though, he'd just resurrect and adjust his strategy to kill the Drinker before it can use that.
Noted how you ignored the passive forcefield from Deflection, so I'm assuming it works.
It wouldnt no, even in-game Deflection isnt all that useful, and the Hunter can just use an AoE weapon if need be. Even the Drinker's profile notes it as 'somewhat deflects attacks'
Also, rereading Eyebite

The Hunter needs to contend with 11 layers of this. I'm assuming the entity that gives the Hunter a rewind would negate the Comatose aspect.
It would, but at the same time the Drinker would need to focus specifically on The Hunter as Eyebite is a single target concentration spell, if it focuses on any of the Hunter's summons then it leaves itself open to being ganged on by the rest of the team
Yeah, forget about skill.
How does that give skill exactly?

Six, so fair on that point, that works once, Hunter resurrects and changes his strategy to kill the drinker before it can look at him.
Resurrects? The ability doesn't kill by itself. He just gets incap'd. The Vitreus Drinker wouldn't want to kill immediately, it wants knowledge for Vecna. After getting incap'd, it's free real state for Detect Thoughts, potentially learning about the rewind. And that's assuming the Hunter gets to know it needs to stop being seen by the creature, assuming the creature doesn't keep abusing its hit-and-run tactics (as it is his standard tactic).

That ability being...?
The one you thought it was Eyebite. The one that renders the Hunter blind.

What? The Drinker has multiple abilities that require concentration: Detect Thoughts, Arcane Eye, Eyebite, and Vampiric Touch are all concentration spells
Only DT requires concentration. Arcane Eye once activated it's free. Eyebite it's free, already linked it. Vampiric Touch it's instant, by definition can't be concentration.

Cool? How does resistance negation make any difference when the opponent's eyes are obstructed?
Horrific Gaze or whatever of its spell-like abilities now affect the Hunter. But since it doesn't resist Horrific Gaze in the first place, doesn't really matter.

How would that help though?
Studying its opponent. Look at the intelligence of the Beholder, the Vitreus has greater intelligence than it.

That wouldnt permakill the Hunter though, he'd just resurrect and adjust his strategy to kill the Drinker before it can use that.
Doesn't need to. Keep spamming it and GG.

It wouldnt no, even in-game Deflection isnt all that useful, and the Hunter can just use an AoE weapon if need be. Even the Drinker's profile notes it as 'somewhat deflects attacks'
This is incorrect on almost every level. Deflection is a passive forcefield. If the Hunter can't bypass it, he ain't even hitting the Vitreus Drinker.

'It would, but at the same time the Drinker would need to focus specifically on The Hunter as Eyebite is a single target concentration spell, if it focuses on any of the Hunter's summons then it leaves itself open to being ganged on by the rest of the team
The Vitreus Drinker can already fight summon-spammers (multiple, in fact). Also, how are they bypassing Horrific Gaze exactly?

How does that give skill exactly?
Doesn't give skill. What it does give is Vecna constantly telling it what to do. Specially useful against the time rewind, as Vecna would now be aware of it and would want to get more knowledge about it, instructing the creature what to do to gain said knowledge.

Resurrects? The ability doesn't kill by itself. He just gets incap'd. The Vitreus Drinker wouldn't want to kill immediately, it wants knowledge for Vecna. After getting incap'd, it's free real state for Detect Thoughts, potentially learning about the rewind. And that's assuming the Hunter gets to know it needs to stop being seen by the creature, assuming the creature doesn't keep abusing its hit-and-run tactics (as it is his standard tactic).
Yes, The Hunter would auto-resurrect under that circumstance. Also can you post a link to Horrific Gaze? Ive looked on every D&D site and stat block for the Drinker and cant find any indication that this ability actually exists
The one you thought it was Eyebite. The one that renders the Hunter blind.
Again, blindness does nothing to the Hunter
Only DT requires concentration. Arcane Eye once activated it's free. Eyebite it's free, already linked it. Vampiric Touch it's instant, by definition can't be concentration.
"You must concentrate to use an arcane eye. If you do not concentrate, the eye is inert until you again concentrate. "
Horrific Gaze or whatever of its spell-like abilities now affect the Hunter. But since it doesn't resist Horrific Gaze in the first place, doesn't really matter.
It kinda does? Still want to see the actual description for Horrific Gaze.
Studying its opponent. Look at the intelligence of the Beholder, the Vitreus has greater intelligence than it.
Drink Vision requires concentration soooooo
Doesn't need to. Keep spamming it and GG.
Spamming against an opponent it doesnt know is there? The Hunter's time manip resets time to well before the fight starts, allowing the Hunter to snip from a distance or stealth kill if need be.
This is incorrect on almost every level. Deflection is a passive forcefield. If the Hunter can't bypass it, he ain't even hitting the Vitreus Drinker.
He can bypass forcefields yes, Martyr Logarius uses the same ability
The Vitreus Drinker can already fight summon-spammers (multiple, in fact). Also, how are they bypassing Horrific Gaze exactly?
Range spam. And still want to see Horrific Gaze's description.
Doesn't give skill. What it does give is Vecna constantly telling it what to do. Specially useful against the time rewind, as Vecna would now be aware of it and would want to get more knowledge about it, instructing the creature what to do to gain said knowledge.
Outside help isnt allowed my guy

Yes, The Hunter would auto-resurrect under that circumstance. Also can you post a link to Horrific Gaze? Ive looked on every D&D site and stat block for the Drinker and cant find any indication that this ability actually exists

Again, blindness does nothing to the Hunter

"You must concentrate to use an arcane eye. If you do not concentrate, the eye is inert until you again concentrate. "

It kinda does? Still want to see the actual description for Horrific Gaze.

Drink Vision requires concentration soooooo

Spamming against an opponent it doesnt know is there? The Hunter's time manip resets time to well before the fight starts, allowing the Hunter to snip from a distance or stealth kill if need be.

He can bypass forcefields yes, Martyr Logarius uses the same ability

Range spam. And still want to see Horrific Gaze's description.

Outside help isnt allowed my guy

The statblock with all its abilities.

Dark vision doesn't require concentration, it's passive for the creature.

About range and stealth: The creature can already fight creatures with those tactics and win. You specially cannot stealth or ambush the Vitreous Drinker thanks to it's multiple eyes + ravens.

And although arcane eye requires concentration to move it, same as DT, he can stop it and the effect will stay.

Can he actually bypass forecefields? Because been looking for it on the profile and it isn't mentioned (though admit partial blindness ovo)

The statblock with all its abilities.

Awesome, this confirms my suspicion, its single target. That ***** over the Drinker massively when the Hunter decides to mob it with summons, it would only be able to Gaze one of them and then get mobbed by the other six
Dark vision doesn't require concentration, it's passive for the creature.
Not sure why you bring this up but okay
About range and stealth: The creature can already fight creatures with those tactics and win. You specially cannot stealth or ambush the Vitreous Drinker thanks to it's multiple eyes + ravens.
Cool, the Hunter figures that out and then opts for range spam or summon swarming
Can he actually bypass forecefields? Because been looking for it on the profile and it isn't mentioned (though admit partial blindness ovo)
He can yes, i can make a CRT if you want

Awesome, this confirms my suspicion, its single target. That ***** over the Drinker massively when the Hunter decides to mob it with summons, it would only be able to Gaze one of them and then get mobbed by the other six
Incorrect

Each opponent within range of a gaze attack must attempt a saving throw each round at the beginning of his or her turn in the initiative order.

Hm, such dnd knowledge huh.

The rest already addressed. Make a thread and let's see what people vote.

Read the creature's statblock again.
I have, multiple times, vision concealment would still **** over the initial attempt to use the Gaze ability, which would be more than enough time to turn the drinker into a pulp before the allotted 6 seconds that a rounds lasts passes

It doesn't. Opponents just need to be in range for him.

We can even bring this up to the other supporters if you prefer to confirm it 100% tho.
I also requires 6 seconds to pass (the time it takes for one round to pass) which is an eternity for people fighting at MHS speeds and is more than enough time for 7 hunters to turn the drinker into a pulp if it decides to just teleport into the middle of their group

I also requires 6 seconds to pass (the time it takes for one round to pass) which is an eternity for people fighting at MHS speeds and is more than enough time for 7 hunters to turn the drinker into a pulp if it decides to just teleport into the middle of their group
The 6 seconds are for the entire round (including every possible action within, those can be a lot). It's abilities are either passive (the ones that matter), thought based (which you acknowledged can work, even if the hunter then rewind) or only require touch (which I argue the monster can pull off).

So uh... Yeah, lol.

The 6 seconds are for the entire round (including every possible action within, those can be a lot). It's abilities are either passive (the ones that matter), thought based (which you acknowledged can work, even if the hunter then rewind) or only require touch (which I argue the monster can pull off).

So uh... Yeah, lol.
Cool? The passive ability that matters gets initially nulled via eye concealment, leaving the Drinker open to being pummeled by seven hunters at once and ending in the Drinker's death before the Hunters even get affected by the Gaze

The thought based spells would work but would do little to stop the hunters, they can all fight while blinded so Drink Vision wouldnt impede them and Eyebite and Finger of Death only work on one person at a time

The ones that use touch dont instakill so not sure why that matters, and trying to touch an opponent who millions of times physically stronger than you (Class 1 vs Class M) ends very badly for the Drinker. Hell, attempting a melee attack would more than likely end with the Drinker getting killed instantly via a Visceral Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back