• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Vitreous Drinker vs The Hunter (Bloodborne) [Sorta REMATCH] 7-0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gun, specifically, that is only achievable by his 7-C gun, has better range than the Hunter's Pistol to such an extent?

Killing him, Weekly. The Vitreous Drinker has no cure to being shot to death.

What gun, specifically, that is only achievable by his 7-C gun, has better range than the Hunter's Pistol to such an extent?

Killing him, Weekly. The Vitreous Drinker has no cure to being shot to death.
The cannon, church cannon, piercing rifle, and bowblade

The Hunter would have to get in range of the Drinker's gaze to be able to shoot him with the guns he has at his disposal. Hell the Drinker can literally just teleport on top of him instantly with Dimension Door and would know exactly where he is due to his senses + crows

The cannon, church cannon, piercing rifle, and bowblade

The Hunter would have to get in range of the Drinker's gaze to be able to shoot him with the guns he has at his disposal. Hell the Drinker can literally just teleport on top of him instantly with Dimension Door and would know exactly where he is due to his senses + crows
The longest ranged weapon the Hunter has is the piercing rifle, which can be acquired after killing the Blood Starved Beast, pre-Vicar Amelia. That's 8-A.

So nah. Hunter can play range. You're 100% aware of this. The Drinker can Dimension Door once, which can indeed potentially **** the Hunter over, but the Hunter can still move while nauseated.

I'm not saying the Hunter's odds are good, just that they are good enough to justify a non-stomp.

The longest ranged weapon the Hunter has is the piercing rifle, which can be acquired after killing the Blood Starved Beast, pre-Vicar Amelia. That's 8-A.

So nah. Hunter can play range. You're 100% aware of this. The Drinker can Dimension Door once, which can indeed potentially **** the Hunter over, but the Hunter can still move while nauseated.

I'm not saying the Hunter's odds are good, just that they are good enough to justify a non-stomp.
He can move but so can the Drinker, which invalidates the Hunter's movespeed when the Drinker would be absurdly faster than him due to how speed equalization works.

They are not good enough no, his odds are 0%

Let it be known, then, that if this is not considered a stomp, Weekly votes for the Drinker.

Like I know you want to farm D&D wins but arguing a stomp is fair just to spite me is a new low for you Bambu

Like I know you want to farm D&D wins but arguing a stomp is fair just to spite me is a new low for you Bambu
This is adorable. I don't even touch threads normally, not do I vote for D&D consistently. Genuinely, Weekly cannot get anything right.

Bruh you brought a person who actively hates and has a massive grudge against me into a debate against me and expected them to be unbiased
He brought someone whose favorite video game of all time is Bloodborne, and someone who has been actively distancing themselves from D&D. Grow the **** up, Weekly, this is where my distaste for you comes from.

Everyone who disagrees with me is wrong and biased.

And your conclusion is wrong as well and seemingly biased too.

This is absolutely a stomp
So biased, I corrected information since the original thread, like shit about the ravens being any factor besides intel-gathering. So biased, I have also corrected Bambu himself on this thread. So biased, I brought up the ability that got the damn creature disqualified from the non-smurf thread in the interest of fairness. So biased, that despite you constantly being condescended to me, I kept correcting your lack of info and constantly brought scans to satisfy your burden of proof, when I genuinely didn't need to.

Sure, I am being biased, Weekly. I simply can't form a proper conclusion using the info I know from one of my favorite verses.

Eating the onion is generally I'll advised, dog.

Regardless. I'm going to cut the useless chatter. Weekly, if you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, do feel free to leave or simply be quiet. You've offered little save for misinformation and arguments in poor faith.

Lephyr, do continue to count votes.

So to summarize this thread:

*Due to standard battle assumptions the hunter and drinker start at their furthest range apart from each other, which would be 100 meters. Also thanks to standard battle assumptions they know where each other are at the start of the fight. This means the drinker literally just thinks and Dimension Doors to the Hunter, thus immediately crippling him with Horrific Gaze.

*The Drinker incapacitates the Hunter just by being near them due to its Horrific Gaze ability, which makes the Hunter unable to do anything other than walk around, makes them unable to attack, and unable to use items or thought based abilities (thus nullifying th use of things like the hunter and bold hunter marks).

*Thanks to Speed Equalization, the hunter and drinker have equalized combat and reaction speed, but not movement speed, meaning the Hunter would have Normal Human to Athletic Human movement speed while the Drinker would have Supersonic+ to Hypersonic movement speed. This means that as soon as the Hunter is in range of the Gaze, he has zero means of escaping it or fighting back against the drinker.

*The Hunter range spamming would do nothing but give away his position as the Drinker has a passive forcefield that the hunter's firearms cannot bypass.

*The drinker has thought based death manipulation that can bypass the Hunter's resurrection via Finger of Death, touch based soul manip that does the same via Vampiric Touch, and can KO him by thinking with Eyebite.

*On top of this, the Drinker is 5x stronger than the Hunter, meaning that with the hunter unable to defend himself or even dodge, they will die in a few attacks.

*And not only is the drinker absurdly more intelligent than the Hunter at that point in the game, but if for some reason it doesnt kill the hunter with one of its resurrection bypassing abilities, Vecna just tells the Drinker how to deal with the Hunter when he shows up again.

*Even if you want to try to argue that the drinker's instawin abilities arent starting moves it does not matter, once it's in range of the hunter the hunter can do literally nothing to protect himself or escape.

So please, do tell me how this is not a stomp.

Last edited:
Ive also brought this up to a few other people on the wiki who agree it's a stomp, I've asked them to come here to confirm as much

Eating the onion is generally I'll advised, dog.

Regardless. I'm going to cut the useless chatter. Weekly, if you have nothing constructive to add to this thread, do feel free to leave or simply be quiet. You've offered little save for misinformation and arguments in poor faith.

Lephyr, do continue to count votes.
That snarky attitude is not appreciated bambu. You're free to leave too if all you're going to do is push for a stomp to be treated as fair, let the people who actually care about accuracy do the debating.

That snarky attitude is not appreciated bambu. You're free to leave too if all you're going to do is push for a stomp to be treated as fair, let the people who actually care about accuracy do the debating.
Your temper tantrum, baseless accusations, etc are not appreciated. See yourself out if you cannot act like an adult. Otherwise I will take this as deliberately wasting staff time and move to have you topic banned from versus matches for a time.

So to summarize this thread:

*Due to standard battle assumptions the hunter and drinker start at their furthest range apart from each other, which would be 100 meters. Also thanks to standard battle assumptions they know where each other are at the start of the fight. This means the drinker literally just thinks and Dimension Doors to the Hunter, thus immediately crippling him with Horrific Gaze.

*The Drinker incapacitates the Hunter just by being near them due to its Horrific Gaze ability, which makes the Hunter unable to do anything other than walk around, makes them unable to attack, and unable to use items or thought based abilities (thus nullifying th use of things like the hunter and bold hunter marks).

*Thanks to Speed Equalization, the hunter and drinker have equalized combat and reaction speed, but not movement speed, meaning the Hunter would have Normal Human to Athletic Human movement speed while the Drinker would have Supersonic+ to Hypersonic movement speed. This means that as soon as the Hunter is in range of the Gaze, he has zero means of escaping it or fighting back against the drinker.

*The drinker has thought based death manipulation that can bypass the Hunter's resurrection via Finger of Death, touch based soul manip that does the same via Vampiric Touch, and can KO him by thinking with Eyebite.

*On top of this, the Drinker is 5x stronger than the Hunter, meaning that with the hunter unable to defend himself or even dodge, they will die in a few attacks.

*And not only is the drinker absurdly more intelligent than the Hunter at that point in the game, but if for some reason it doesnt kill the hunter with one of its resurrection bypassing abilities, Vecna just tells the Drinker how to deal with the Hunter when he shows up again.

So please, do tell me how this is not a stomp.
All of this ignore the Drinker's actual tactics. The Drinker wants knowledge first and foremost. It's entire shtick is to form rings of spionage abusing its Eye Drink ability on creatures around the field. In fact, the Drinker doesn't even engage in actual combat without spending literal days studying its target. And because I'm so biased, Here's the scan explaining it's behavior.

This gives the Hunter ample time to do... Whatever the **** it wants before and actual engagement begins.

Now here's the part I argue the creature's skills at using its personal abilities. But I think we both are tired of that.

Now then, being interested in watching the Hunter's abilities, the Drinker wouldn't immediately incap nor kill. And that's where the Hunter has an opportunity to strike. That's where it wincons comes true. You said yourself the Hunter bypasses forcefields, it can range spam at this point and keep gaining distance. The Hunter, if it's nearly anything as smart as a person with common sense, should be able to realize this creature it's toying with him, as it constantly sends ravens just to keep watch.

My argument? The Hunter has a chance to abuse the creatures initial mindset. However, as a creature well accustomed with fighting opponents with the Hunter's skill sets, it still retains a solid chance to give fight and win when finally taking it seriously and use its abilities.

I seriously ******* hope you told these people the actual info.

All of this ignore the Drinker's actual tactics. The Drinker wants knowledge first and foremost. It's entire shtick is to form rings of spionage abusing its Eye Drink ability on creatures around the field. In fact, the Drinker doesn't even engage in actual combat without spending literal days studying its target. And because I'm so biased, Here's the scan explaining it's behavior.

This gives the Hunter ample time to do... Whatever the **** it wants before and actual engagement begins.

Now here's the part I argue the creature's skills at using its personal abilities. But I think we both are tired of that.

Now then, being interested in watching the Hunter's abilities, the Drinker wouldn't immediately incap nor kill. And that's where the Hunter has an opportunity to strike. That's where it wincons comes true. You said yourself the Hunter bypasses forcefields, it can range spam at this point and keep gaining distance. The Hunter, if it's nearly anything as smart as a person with common sense, should be able to realize this creature it's toying with him, as it constantly sends ravens just to keep watch.

My argument? The Hunter has a chance to abuse the creatures initial mindset. However, as a creature well accustomed with fighting opponents with the Hunter's skill sets, it still retains a solid chance to give fight and win when finally taking it seriously and use its abilities.

I seriously ******* hope you told these people the actual info.
Lephyr. The Hunter cannot get past Gaze, something you are consistently ignoring. Also the hunter's firearms cant get past forcefields, only his physical attacks, meaning range spamming wont work.

Lephyr. The Hunter cannot get past Gaze, something you are consistently ignoring. Also the hunter's firearms cant get past forcefields, only his physical attacks, meaning range spamming wont work.
So another lie on the other thread. Amazing.

Here's a game plan the Hunter can do: Strike down the ravens. They take time to comeback. Once those are gone, the Hunter can now stealth around the creature.

There, Gaze avoided.

So another lie on the other thread. Amazing.

Here's a game plan the Hunter can do: Strike down the ravens. They take time to comeback. Once those are gone, the Hunter can now stealth around the creature.

There, Gaze avoided.
Cool, the hunter still cant do anything to hurt the drinker due to being unable to get within 60 yards of it without crippling himself

Cool, the hunter still cant do anything to hurt the drinker due to being unable to get within 60 yards of it without crippling himself
Literally go from behind, wtf xD

The Ravens are what protect it from stealth offense, the main thing that stops the Gaze. You said himself the Hunter can employ hit-and-run tactics. He can even use summons to gain an advantage, forcing the creature to use it's best movement option (being dimension door, which it can only use once). Whether to escape or re-position itself.

There, threat avoided.

Literally go from behind, wtf xD

The Ravens are what protect it from stealth offense, the main thing that stops the Gaze. You said himself the Hunter can employ hit-and-run tactics. He can even use summons to gain an advantage, forcing the creature to use it's best movement option (being dimension door, which it can only use once). Whether to escape or re-position itself.

There, threat avoided.
??? The Hunter never employs hit and run tactics, you were the one saying that about the drinker. The Hunter's tactics are full on aggressive cqc. Summons require prep time and tend to be something he can only get after dying once or if given a few minutes of prep before a fight.

I feel like you have no idea what the **** you're talking about in regards to the Drinker, lad. I don't think you've asserted anything correct about him yet.

I feel like you have no idea what the **** you're talking about in regards to the Drinker, lad. I don't think you've asserted anything correct about him yet.
That's nice, keep telling yourself that as I'm reading off of the drinker's statblock exactly what it does and can do

That's nice, keep telling yourself that as I'm reading off of the drinker's statblock exactly what it does and can do
Where on the statblock it says the Gaze is an AoE. I'll be waiting.

Please, I've told you before. If you don't actually know the mechanics of dnd, don't act as knowledgeable. You quite clearly are not.

You mean the statblock that doesn't even include the gaze to begin with, lmao? Or the one I provided that specifies it is a gaze attack? E.g., functions on the thing's line of sight?

You mean the statblock that doesn't even include the gaze to begin with, lmao? Or the one I provided that specifies it is a gaze attack? E.g., functions on the thing's line of sight?
The statblock quite literally specifies it's within range of the gaze, so the creature needs to look at you

Now the Drinker has 360⁰ sight suddenly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back