• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guarding an abnormality (Stone Golem vs Dimensional Refraction Variant)

Point is, I'm not 100% sure if the DRV has a win condition, since it may not be able to hit the Stone Golem.

Unless D&D's hit means "not only land a blow, but do damage", as opposed to "land a blow at all".
Yeah I know, it means it can hit the DRV and DRV can also hurt it. And as I said, lower tiered elementals can't come back to the physical plain fast enough

OK, here's an explanation for D&D creatures with Type 9

Yeah I get that.
But that's for if it's KILLED.

I'm concerned with the "Needing attacks that can hit on 3 planes at once to hit it"?
IT RETURNING FROM THE DEAD FROM ANOTHER PLANE AIN'T GONNA MATTER IF YOU CAN'T HIT IT TO MAKE IT DEAD TO BEGIN WITH.

Quote the justification:
Immortality (Type 9; They require +2 magical weapons in order to be hit[4] which means it exists on at least three planes[5])

& quote the linked scan: "Normal weapons do not harm stone golems. In fact, it requires +2 or greater enchantment to damage them. The only spells which affect a stone golem are: rock to mud slows the golem 50% for 2-12 melee rounds, mud to rock restores all damage suffered by the golem, and stone to flesh makes the golem vulnerable to normal attacks on the following melee round."

& as for the "knock around or tear it apart" argument, the DRV's profile lists its Lifting Strength & Intelligence as Unknown, & it manifests as a vaccuum, & its best telekinesis feat listed on the profile seems to be lifting a human "over 3 meters" into the air. Even with equipment, that's nothing compared to a humanoid mass of solid stone.

& while the DRV's profile SAYS:
Telekinesis (Can rip apart employees it enters in contact with)

The story in its summary I read said, in part:

Then, Chomsky’s body suddenly rose over 3 meters into the air. His arms and legs were awkwardly stretched out just like if he was performing a holy ritual. If his legs were on the ground, he might have looked like he was performing in an elegant play or doing ballet. Everybody stopped and looked at him. Chomsky started to scream. He screamed like a madman who witnessed something terrible. Nobody knew what to do. Some employees tried to pull Chomsky down by his legs. Chomsky did not move. Then, Chomsky stopped screaming. After a short silence, Chomsky opened his mouth and attempted to mutter something. The two employees who were trying to pull Chomsky down started to scream. Blood poured down from his body. His arms and legs separated, leaving the armless, legless body floating in the air. All hell broke loose in the hallway and everybody began running."

So as far as I can tell, the DRV lifted a human & stretched/deformed the human's limbs, & after the human's allies tried to pull him down out of the air, his legs were torn off; It's dubious what LS stretching/deforming human limbs is, but the Unknown LS makes sense, because I'd question that the TK for "ripping apart an employee" was its doing when the limbs only came off AFTER other humans were pulling on already deformed limbs.

It's also questionable the screaming was from the pain of the strain of his limbs being stretched to an extreme, since the DRV explicitly attacks primarily through mental attacks, & Chomsky had stopped suddenly before he went into the air.

I'd also question if it's sufficient to actually pull apart stone, let alone Magical Stone with Class M.

The Stone Golem also has an extreme resistance to magic. Considering magic's scope, if that didn't include Telekinesis like in D&D, I'd be surprised.

So I'd question why the golem wouldn't just smack the vaccuum around.

Last edited:
Oh shit. I didn't realize that. OK yeah this is probably a stomp
To the DRV's credit, it has slightly superior AP, so it might gradually be able to break the golem apart, maybe.

But if it ISN'T a stomp BY the golem, it's a stomp against the golem.

Regeneration (Mid-High, possibly High. Can regenerate from being turned into ashes. Possibly comparable to WhiteNight)

NPI or not, the DRV is a malicious vaccuum; Punching it is like punching the air, whether you do damage or not. So:

A. The golem punches it & the DRV eventually runs out of stamina & gets incapacitated/dies.
B. Same thing as A, but the DRV regenerates in a combat applicable time, & because it's a vaccuum, it's both well out of the scope of the Golem's physical abilities, & probably its intelligence to restrain it. I doubt the golem's got a building sized resealable jar to shove the DRV into, let alone the problem-solving skills for that.

Reading the DRV's profile more, it's possible it might have other feats of TK or whatever, but it still lacks an actual LS rating for its Intelligence, & it's questionable it can hurt the mindless, solid-stone, magic-resistant golem anyway.

If a D&D expert wants to clarify if resisting magic means resisting telekinesis, too, then we can be even more certain of how screwed or not the DRV is.

If the DRV has an achievable win condition, it's likely because the golem can't kill it, or at least, can't punch the vaccuum (Which'd have to be in spite of NPI, somehow.) down fast enough for the DRV to chip away the golem.

Also, typing DRV so many times, I've had to constantly remind myself that the DRV, the Dimensional Refraction Variant, is not the DMV, the Department of Motor Vehicles, lol.

Basically it's just a system in which an abnormality respawns in their containment at the next day even if destroyed
Ah, alright. Thanks.

So it comes down to how its TK is, & if D&D Resistance to Magic means Resistance to Telekinesis, & if the DRV has the sense to leverage that non-stop, since it sure ain't suffocating or mind-attacking the golem.

So it comes down to how its TK is, & if D&D Resistance to Magic means Resistance to Telekinesis, & if the DRV has the sense to leverage that non-stop, since it sure ain't suffocating or mind-attacking the golem.
Eh, DRV has unknown LS. But it's probably not gonna stop its attack until its target is dead

Eh, DRV has unknown LS. But it's probably not gonna stop its attack until its target is dead
It attacks non-stop until the target is dead? Does it understand when something animate has no mind?
  • WHITE Damage: Most of its attacks deal "White" damage, meaning that they will harm the person's mental health instead of their physical body. When their mental health gets low enough, opponents will go insane, either committing suicide, fleeing, or lashing out at everything around them.
It has Unknown Intelligence, so I am a little curious if it'll realize to go with TK & stick with it as opposed to just spamming Mental Attacks, since IDK if the DRV will know if the Golem its targeting for its attack has a mind or not. Being able to attack the mind doesn't necessarily mean being able to detect the mind, AFAIK.

It has Unknown Intelligence, so I am a little curious if it'll realize to go with TK & stick with it as opposed to just spamming Mental Attacks, since IDK if the DRV will know if the Golem its targeting for its attack has a mind or not. Being able to attack the mind doesn't necessarily mean being able to detect the mind, AFAIK.
Yeah but it is still aware of whether or not its target is still moving, or attacking it

From the wiki

While breaching, it has 600 HP and slowly moves toward a targeted room, while also dealing 40 Red Damage every 0.2 seconds for 1 second (total: 200) to employees who pass through it. Employees killed by the Abnormality will be dismembered and their bodies and limbs will float on the same spot, with distortion surrounding them.

Red Damage is physical by the way. And that also means I made a mistake in its standard tactic. It's mostly just gonna float around and hurt the golem when it gets close

From the wiki

While breaching, it has 600 HP and slowly moves toward a targeted room, while also dealing 40 Red Damage every 0.2 seconds for 1 second (total: 200) to employees who pass through it. Employees killed by the Abnormality will be dismembered and their bodies and limbs will float on the same spot, with distortion surrounding them.

Red Damage is physical by the way. And that also means I made a mistake in its standard tactic. It's mostly just gonna float around and hurt the golem when it gets close
Ah okay. So it hurts by proximity presuming the Golem needing +2 to hit it & Resistances don't prevent that. Not 100% sure myself.

DRV is only 8-B via Telekinesis now. Regardless, not even employees who can withstand Nothing There's attacks (the physically strongest Abnormality which far upscales from the 46 tons) can survive the telekinesis when it sets in. The Golem's Type 9 only applies to weapons, not TK. Unless somebody says otherwise, TK shouldn't count as "Magic", and as such should be able to affect the Golem. Also, DVR having a range of Several Hundred Meters means that Golem is getting affected as soon as the fight starts.

Finally, the regen of Abnormalities is combat-applicable, as Abno's can respawn before the day is over and can do so multiple times over the course of the day (Take for example when using Shelter from the 27th of March). And even if the respawn did take an entire day, i'm decently sure the SBA time limit is 3 days.

Then this brings up if the Golem's D&D Resistances (IIRC, there was something about D&D pages often having numerous undocumented resistances because of the sheer quantities.) would include Telekinesis, since there are means of TK in D&D.

Don't they respawn back in their containment when killed?
They do, but that's because their locked in there. For example, Ordeals can just pop out anywhere because they're not bound like that.

I guess technically it's not combat applicable in Lobotomy Corporation.

I guess technically it's not combat applicable in Lobotomy Corporation.
I mean, they do appear in the next ordeal but that's also not combat applicable due to how unreliable their schedule is

So it's applicable if they're not fighting in their verse?

Not sure if this is still fair but bumping this. The only telekinesis I know in D&D are from spells. Also an abundance of Lob Corp's Black Damage users rely extremely on ignoring resistances and durability. With Infinite's reasoning regarding on the Nothing There scaling, the regeneration that's applicable, I'm going to go ahead and vote for DRV. If it's still fair.

The problem is the only way to hurt this thing is to hurt it in multiple universes at once. The 4-D mind manip might work but this thing is already mindless
That seems fair. I don't know well enough about the golem to really argue that multiple universe thing. I'm gonna go for a tie vote then since neither can knock out the other in that case

Back