• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of stone fight! (Chelshia vs Mystic Stone Knight)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Rock Gal : 0
Rock NB-Pal : 0
Rock Boi : 0

8-C versions used
Reincarnated Ancient Dragon Knight, Zeal and Base Chelshia used
Speed equalized
Starting distance is 10 meters

So uh, remember that one weird phase I had when I made a bunch of matches featuring rock elementals? Dessicator vs Rock Lobster, The Hunter vs Stone Golem, Wilson and Maxwell vs Galeb Duhr, and probably many more that I've missed and all of them always had "Rock Boi" on the OP.

Yeah, it's back

...Calling the Mystic Knights 'NB' has never occurred to me before, but yeah...They're always called 'it's. I guess they canonically are.

I will note that Chel is way stronger than the Knight, it seems. .38 tons to 1.69 I believe?

AP scales to about 6,400,000,000 Joules (about 1.529 tons) for Zeal actually thanks to the passive effect on 'Old Dragon Knight's Soul', which Chel doesn't seem to have a way to Power Null or turn off. So the difference is closer to a 1.11x in Chel's favor, shockingly close.

Chel is probably NB in the sequel that'll come at some point so this is moderately amusing.

What's the fellas schtick? His main thing that he's got that makes him interesting
Their main 'Schtick' is the Orb and Combo system, Zeal can use invisible energy Orbs in the air like a match-three puzzle game to give themself temporary Damage Boosts, shoot AOE energy blasts, Heal themselves, and make Forcefields to block damage.

'Old Dragon Knight's Soul' has the passive stat boost effect, but it also has a trigger effect. If Zeal scores 2 'Wood' combos at once they get a temporary 5x damage amp and reduce incoming damage by 25%

'Wood Orb Change' allows Zeal to change several other Orb types into Wood Orbs, which will make the above easier to trigger

They have a limited and temporary invulnerability they use at the start of battles, however Chel probably wouldn't trigger it anyways? So it's kinda useless here I think?

They can also use 'Power Released' to give themselves a 2x amp for an extended period of time, but they tend to PIS this and only use it after they take enough damage.

And they can fly and use ranged energy blasts with their swordplay. We've never seen this version of Zeal animated in the games or anime, so we don't know how much they'll actually use that mobility, but one of the other forms of Zeal actually uses their flight so there's that.

They're also weak to Fire attacks, and take extra damage from them, but Chel's Fire Manipulation seems like it won't take long to turn off so I don't know how long that's actually going to be an advantage.

Yes it is...This is every time PAD gets brought up, this series loves to frontload characters sometimes with too many things (sometimes the same power...over...and over...and over...)

I'm leaning Zeal so far? Chel's main advantage here seems to be the fact they can bust out Fire Manips and their Lifting Strength is FAR better than anything Zeal might even be scaled to in the future, let along what Zeal has now. The Dash Attack also seems to let them at least challenge Zeal's mobility (though I'm not sure it's 'better', per say)

But the Fire Manip can be turned off with any damage and the LS might not be easy to use when Zeal has flight mobility, isn't afraid to use range, and has an AOE blast and forcefields that might make it hard to get in on them. Plus the AOE might work as a 'get off me' even if Chel manages to get the pin.

Meanwhile Zeal has options to boost their AP in a number of ways, heal damage they do take, and both the damage reduction and forcefields let them shrug some hits off better. The AP being neck and neck makes Zeal's survivability advantages harder to overcome.

And Zeal having Damage Boosting options means they can take the AP lead from time to time to hit Chel even harder.

It seems like Zeal has everything they need to last longer and hit harder, and Chel has to work a LOT harder than Zeal does here.

If they start ten meters apart idk if they’ll be even able to fly away before Chel does the grab considering that distance will be closed in less than a second. Even if they do Chel has ways to get to opponents In the air and still provide pressure/hit them

I don’t think he’ll be able to get far enough away to use the range attacks that he has, at least.

Chel has slightly more AP and way more LS, and likely has more stamina than the knight (and some more justifications to back that up). Shes gone up against people who like to use range to their advantage and have handled them fine enough. I don’t see how this could be any different.

All the knights attacks happen in like really obtuse and specific ways that idk how they work in a normal fight

The big difference I'm seeing is the forcefields and the Orb system in general. 1.11x AP difference is completely negligible, and making Orb combos can be done with just gestures or even thoughts, meaning a forcefield can pop up to block Chel on the lunge or the Mass Attack's AOE effect can go off and pretty much any time, and with just two Wood Orb combos it's got a hefty 5x boost.

Chel attempting to grab at Zeal and just wrestle for the win runs the risk of an attack 5x stronger than her blowing up in her face, or just face planting into an invisible wall that popped up out of nowhere. Even with Chel having experience with ranged or flying opponents, it doesn't change the fact that once either of those happen, Zeal absolutely has the opening to back off, use that mobility and range, and use forcefields and combos again at a safer position. Even if Chel knows how to fight those kinds of characters, Zeal using their mobility and range is less ideal.

Chel's LS is an an advantage, but it's also just not going to be safe being so close to Zeal when that nuke damage could go off, especially since it will be difficult to predict and dodge, and doing so would require letting go of Zeal, either she's willingly getting off Zeal to run, or she's getting blown off.

Stamina also will be iffy since Zeal might not be the same since their only justification is fighting other monsters, but they can supplement that with Damage Reduction, Forcefields, and Healing off damage to give them better survivability and lognevity, all things Chel can't seem to do.

Zeal fights with swords and energy blasts like normal, the whole Orb system basically is a 'boosting' power that happens while they fight. While it seems obtuse (and it is, it's a ridiculous Universal Power System and I don't know why they didn't leave it as a Game Mechanic but instead use it literally in-story now), the animations, story mode, anime, and games have made it clear that PAD characters fight 'normal' and multi-task doing these Orb Combos while they fight.

Basically, I don't think LS is going to work, it's too dangerous a position. Chel's going to get thrown off relatively easily, or blocked from doing it in the first place. She's going to need to beat Zeal into submission, but Zeal's versatility coupled with mobility will make that an uphill battle once she realizes pinning isn't working.

hey so I'm going to leave a more in depth post later I'm a little busy (I'm going to be moving back to college tomorrow so sort of preparing)

I'd prefer if things don't move without me so yeah.

Minor update, thread might need the OP changed.

The Tier 8's had a calc for them that's been in the background for a while accepted. However since I might've lowballed the calc we're doing it again.

They may end up in High 8-C, so we may just need to key change, however if they end up in a higher Tier 8 we might not be able to do this...

The calc was accepted at High 8-C, but a recalc was requested, and hasn't been evaluated yet...So not sure where we're at on even being able to make a CRT.

So yeah...Will updated when all the Tier 8's are sorted out better. It's either High 8-C, 8-B, or 8-A depending on feedback

Back