• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Olorin's grip on Elis's arm tightened as she felt the electricity, before she took a very deep breath to try and calm herself

Kentoria sighed and moved, just staying quiet

Brownie was walking attentively in this place, wondering, how is it that the cults, whether they are of calamities or not, manage to have so much space for those things, they really put the heart both metaphorically and literally

Valkiria was quick to alert the group that they had gotten closer to the hooded man's location... He'd only been walking away from hem for a few minutes, after all, so, he couldn't have gotten so far that it'd take forever to reach him. The group would soon be able to see a door within their view.

"Let's stop..." Valkiria said, "He's in there, but we can't all go at once... Whose going in to check it out...?"

Brownie looked at the others, hoping someone would go, after all most probably don't trust him, even though he has a small size, good agility, is easily camouflaged and doesn't have vocal cords to speak if he is caught.

Charlotte slowly shook her head, taking a shaky breath. Her fists were still tightly clenched, clearly on edge.

"...Relama can make things invisible, I saw him make Talandar disappear." Charlotte said flatly, leaning against the wall.

"...If we use that, we could cloak someone and send them in that way."

Elis breathed out, "I'd recommend using that on Brownie... He's the most suited for stealth out of all of us here with his small size... I can send in Timcanpy with him for good measure..."

(assuming Tim is following me, if she goes)
Brownie begins his journey, he had the scent of him specifically, ignoring anything that is irrelevant but being careful with every step and walking through the darkest area to be less detectable.

(bump a week later.)

Timcanpy followed the Black Beast calmly in golem form, making as little noise as possible as both she and Brownie approached the door, which was slightly cracked open. Timcanpy prompted Brownie to peer through the small opening with a gentle wing motion intuitively, due to her lack of 5 senses in Golem Form.

Brownie would be able to see the monstrous cloaked man standing next to one of his underlings, looking down at some sort of... mechanical pit.

"Do it." The man ordered. The underling said nothing, simply nodding. They had no reason to question the will of their master, after all.

As they nodded, the cultist would press a button on a touchpad, causing electricity to spark in the mechanical pit. Slowly, a corpse was raised from the pit by mechanical hooks, held in the air by its arms. It was one of the corpses that had its blood drained that the group had seen so many times as they were exploring the base, devoid of all life.

As the corpse had risen into the air, the cultist moved toward it with a syringe, injecting it into one of the hollow veins. It seemed to contain a black liquid, the liquid writhing visibly, akin to a living organism. The cultist was swift with their injection, removing the syringe after about 2-3 seconds once it had been drained into the corpse.

A few moments later, new life seemed to spring into the corpse. It's previously pale, hollow complexion shifted, color returning to the body... But not for long. The expression that was displayed on the face of the now living human was one of immense agony, a tortured shout ringing from their body as their skin began to visibly shift. A bone-like carapace shot from their body, akin to armor, their form immediately shifting from what was previously considered "human" as they were dropped back into the pit.

"It's a success, sir..." The cultist said, "You'll have your army soon. Once we've gathered the necessary sacrifices for the Eclipse, recreating the ritual on the next world with these artificial calamities will be easy..."

"Good. I knew investing in this project would be worth it." The man said, the crimson spirals that were their eyes glaring down into the pit. "Make sure enough are ready once Krieg has been destroyed. We'll need them."

"Yes, sir..." The cultist said, bowing.

Timcanpy immediately began motioning for Brownie to begin moving back toward the group with her.

The black beast nodded and then left with Tim back to the group, it seems that they were building a series of prototype zombies that would work as calamities in this resident

(blacklight Moment)

(References :alien:)

Timcanpy immediately began telepathically relaying what Brownie had seen to her master.

"What the..." Elis murmured, rubbing her chin in both thought and horror. She couldn't get it. "A-An army... out of these corpses...?"

Charlotte glanced at Timcanpy and Brownie as they approached, her gaze cold.

“…Find anything useful?” Charlotte asked quietly, her fists tightening slightly.

“Weaknesses, vulnerabilities…anything we can use to kill that bastard?”

Timcanpy ignored Charlotte, simply speaking telepathically to Elis, who nodded.

"Yeah... Yeah, Kentoria is right. We need to destroy this place as soon as possible, just burn it to the ground..." Elis murmured, breathing out.

Charlotte glared at Timcanpy for a moment, before shaking her head, muttering a curse under her breath.

“…*******…” She began. She took another breath, biting her tongue.

“…As long as we can kill these bastards.” Charlotte thought. She pressed herself against the wall, simply staring at the door.

Elis breathed out shakily, "I know we c-can't just destroy the place... B-But we can't just leave it intact and... leave these guys to do as they please..."

Dean thinks for a while before coming up with an idea

"I can infuse explosive energy into something and then detonate it at my command, i could try infuse it into the entire place, although i will need some time and little focus to have all of it covered entirely"

"...If any of them can sense energy, then something like that would just screw us over." Charlotte said quietly, her eyes still glaring at the door.

"...Better to make a smaller bomb than turn the whole place into one.”

Last edited:
Charlotte breathed out, rubbing her finger on her temple.

“… You're a professional…” Charlotte repeated to herself. She took another breath, before speaking.

“…To destroy a building, you don’t NEED to cover the entire thing in explosives, Dean. Smaller explosives, placed in key areas, can still cause it to collapse on itself.” Charlotte explained.

“Surrounding the entire building with energy will attract more attention than condensing it because the energy will be…all around them. It would be like covering the walls with paint and expecting them not to notice it.”

"....." Elis sighed, "You guys get out of here and I'll stay and place electromagnetic explosives near the foundations... I'll use technology that'll dismantle the matter's electrons so that it'll happen seamlessly and without noise..."

"I'm not leaving you." Kentoria said, before even Olorin could say anything, but she just silently let her grip on Elis get tighter as she nodded in response to Kentoria's words

"You should probably leave, Valkiria..." Skarr said, nodding to Elis

"Stay safe, all right?" Relama said, Olorin silently smiling a little to him and nodding

"If you guys stay, the building will collapse onto you guys as well and you'll get caught with me... I can teleport to Timcanpy once you're all out, plus I resist my own electricity, so I won't die..." Elis murmured, "So go..."

Back