• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

(If you feel the need to delete it, alright. I would've just accounted for Orphic's actions in-story, but, your character, your decision.)

Adrian was swift to follow Kentoria into a spot, while Elis and Valkiria followed Olorin and Valkiria respectively. Timcanpy shifted into golem form, moving towards Elis at blinding speeds, as...

"Are the sacrifices ready?" A gargantuan voice rang throughout the area, footsteps of steel and iron emanating as the being walked. Unlike the various cultists standing next to the monstrous fiend, seemingly a male, he was not picked up by Charlotte's Spatial Awareness, his robes swaying back and forth with each step.

"Y-Yes... My Lord... The Eclipse is on the precipice of completion..." The grunt cultists looked up at their sovereign, "We just need a catalyst... Someone to initiate the sacrifice..."

"Find One." The man said as he stopped moving, "Find it quick." And he just stood there in front of the entrance to the hallway.

"Yes, My Lord...!" They all said simultaneously, immediately disappearing in a blur.

...And he just stood there, crimson spirals for eyes flashing through the darkness within his hood.

Kentoria didn't speak, seemingly didn't even breathe as she waited for it to pass

Relama held his breath, he wasn't going to make them obvious

Olorin pushed her face into Elis's chest to hold herself back from making noise as Talandar stood as a metalshield

Charlotte shivered, a bead of cold sweat slowly forming on her brow.

“What the hell…is he?” Charlotte thought. Her Spatial Awareness was only picking up empty space, the…things geometry seemingly negating her attempts to analyze him.

“Eclipse…” the words echoed in her mind, her teeth grinding inside her jaw as the weight of his words slowly became clear. It would happen again…the same thing that had taken her planet from her. That has taken Phoebe from her.

“…..” Charlotte said nothing, barely breathing. Yet her body began to tremble with rage, the woman’s fists clenched tight enough to bite into her flesh. It took all her willpower to stop herself from attacking the man, an almost palpable bloodlust flashing across her face.

"Charlotte, chill the **** out, now." Elis ordered telepathically, multiple beads of sweat rolling down her face as she did her as she tried to control her breathing, sensing Charlotte's bloodlust.

The robed monstrosity continued to stand there, though, almost as if he was testing something, he took a few steps down the hallway the Stars of Cinder were in, seeing what would happen, if anything would react...

Kentoria's eyes sharpened, she knew they'd probably been found out at this point, but she still didn't even move a muscle, she was akin to a statue

Relema leaned back more than he already was, not even making a sound as he closed his eyes

Olorin shifted herself further into Elis's chest, holding herself back from crying out that way

Charlotte didn’t take her eye off the strange figure before them. She practically ignored Elis, the girl's command only seeming to make her more agitated as she struggled to maintain her composure.

Suddenly, she grabbed the thumb of her right hand, pinching it between two metal fingers. In a silent, discreet motion…she dislocated the bone, bending the finger at a clearly unnatural angle. A burst of pain flooded through her body…but with it came focus. She was using the sensation to bring herself under control; the woman focusing her attention on her body to prevent herself from spiraling further into her rage. The bloodlust in her body slowly began to fade, her trembling body growing still against the wall.

Last edited:
Brownie stood still as a wall, mixed with the shadow of his hiding place, he hoped that the Cultist would get out of there, since he knew that the others would not last for eternity

Elis tightly hugged Olorin against herself, electricity gently crackling around her... "Please please please please please please please please please please don't notice..." She thought to herself.

"...."

"Heh."

Step. Step. Step. Step.

The monstrous man simply chuckled. Did he notice? If he did he didn't seem to... care, assuming he did. His steps rang out, and they got farther, and farther, and farther... Until they'd completely disappeared.

Dean still hidden, talked telepathically with the other members of Stars of Cinder

"His presence is gone from our range, dont sense him nearby"

Told them about the monstruosity

Charlotte waited several moments, staring at the robbed figure until he finally disappeared from view. Once she was sure he had vanished, she took a small breath, slowly moving herself out of the shadows. Unceremoniously, she popped her thumb back into place, flexing the finger several times to ensure proper movement.

“How’d you know he was coming, Val?” Charlotte said quietly. Her voice was blunt, and exceedingly cold.

Valkiria breathed and trembled, slowly coming out of her hiding spot. Her knees were still shaking, but, she could stand.

"I... I-I-I... R-Rem... m-... remember...! H-Him..." She heaved out, "Wh-When I was... here... a-as... a kid... H-H-His... scent... And his... e-eyes... I r-r-remember... r-red... haa..."

Elis continued hugging Olorin against her, breathing out in relief. The fact that Charlotte had nearly blown her cover birthed unimaginable anger within her breast, but, she didn't have time to focus on that.

Charlotte eyes softened slightly as she heard Valkiria speak, noticing the trembling in her voice. She stared at the woman for a moment, before shaking her head, her eyes hardening once more.

“Anything else you can tell us about him?” Charlotte asked.

Last edited:
Kentoria slowly came out of her own hiding spot, scowling as she glanced over at Valkiria, her eyes softening a little as she saw and heard her

Olorin was trembling hard, she was clearly terrified, just hugging against Elis tight as she could manage

Skarr came our of the hiding spot and gently put a hand on Valkiria's shoulder

Relama came out of his hiding spot, breathing heavily

"Calm down, Olorin... Breathe..." Elis said, gently running her hand through Olorin's hair, pulling the girl into her chest in a desperate attempt to calm her down before they started moving again.
Charlotte eyes softened slightly as she heard Valkiria speak, noticing the trembling in her voice. She stared at the woman for a moment, before shaking her head, her eyes hardening once more.

“Anything else you can tell us about him?” Charlotte asked.
"H-H... H..." Valkiria tried to get the words out, but, clearly the overwhelming scent of blood, plus her own fears were keeping her from responding properly.

"Looks like she's out of it..." Adrian groaned, clearly frustrated.

Olorin took deep breaths, before trying to get up with Elis to go over to Valkiria, clearly just acting on instinct by that point

Relama got some scrap from a pocket and made a smoke machine in seconds, putting it in front of Valkiria so the smoke could overwhelm the smell of blood

"Seems there are ways to get her back into it..." Kentoria said thoughtfully

Charlotte gritted her teeth, turning away from the woman.

“*******…Damn it…” She muttered. She leaned against the wall, closing her eyes as she attempted to calm herself down. Her Spatial Awareness still surrounded the area around them, though, for the first time in her life, she wasn’t even sure she could rely on it anymore. This new feeling of uncertainty only amplified her already overwhelming frustration, her teeth grinding silently in her mouth as she pressed herself against the wall.

"Don't get to frustrated, Charlotte... An opponent like that is something we can't face normally in the first place." The grey-haired soldier said as she came out of her hiding spot, "Though it's rather unfortunate that our formation has been broken because of this..."

Valkiria seemed to be calming down swiftly, her trembling ceasing as the smell of blood was covered.

Timcanpy shifted into Human Form, moving to the edge of the hallway where Dean was to scout the area.

"All right Valkiria, can you say now...?" Kentoria gently asked, this was uncharacteristic of her but it was clearly a way to not be forceful

Charlotte glared at the soldier for a moment, before shaking her head, wiping her non-metallic hand across her face.

“Let’s just…keep moving. If Val knows anything, she can tell us on the way.” Charlotte muttered, her voice cold, restrained.

(bump)

"I-I can... move..." Valkiria said, "We need to figure out what their doing... We... should... follow that man. He's this part of the c-cult's... leader..."

"Which means he's stronger than ****... no mission like a suicide mission, let's do this." Kentoria said, smiling to Valkiria in silent thanks as Olorin shook herself, moving to only cling to one of Elis's arms, while Relama simply gave Valkiria the smoke machine and Skarr took a couple steps forward

Charlotte shook her head, slowly beginning to walk forward. She’d already figured out that man was their leader, the fact that the cultists addressed him as ‘my lord’ made the fact clear enough to her.

“…All the more reason to kill the bastard…” Charlotte muttered. She clenched Phoebe’s Fist, the nanomachines rippling violently across her arm as she walked.

Dean would stop her movement with telekinesis and moves the hand she held the Phoebe's Fist up

"Miss Charlotte...dont try to rush things out...or let your anger take you over...think things through....think smart....you cant just go to him and expect to be easy"

Last edited:
Charlotte scowled, forcefully her hand out of the man's telekinetic grip.

"...Get the **** off me, Dean." Charlotte said bluntly. She closed her eyes, taking a breath.

"...I don't plan on attacking him. Not yet, anyway. But we need to get moving. I'm not going to stand around here while that bastard makes another eclipse." The woman said, her eyes hard.

"Oi, butt-buddies, quit the infighting and move your asses..." Adrian grumbled, before turning to Valkiria. "Can you track him?"

"Even with the smoke, I have his scent... Just follow me and we'll catch up to him..." Valkiria heaved out, as Adrian nodded. He was... calm. Collected, contrary to one may believe. He couldn't allow his rage to consume him. The mission was more important than his personal vendetta against the calamities or the cult, and he knew that... Kirby continued to sit on his shoulder, silent the entire time, having nothing to say, really. She would simply follow her master's orders.

"Let's move." Adrian moved behind Valkiria, who swiftly took the front of the group to lead them down the hallway the hooded monstrosity and his servants had gone down. Elis sighed and moved, with Timcanpy sticking close to her master. Elis glared at Charlotte for a moment, purple electricity gently crackling around her before she simply turned away and moved, and uh whoever else I play also started moving.

He lets her hand go when she was forcing her way from the telekinesis

"Again...dont rush things out....we need some info about him and how to deal with him...not just going after him like this..."

Charlotte returned Elis's glare, unflinching at the girl's gaze. Pushing past Dean, she fell in line, following behind Valkira and Adrian as they walked.

"...I know, Dean. Just get moving." Charlotte said quietly. She took another breath, rubbing her temple with her non-metallic hand. She took another small breath, in a vain attempt to ease the growing agitation within her frame.

Back