• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

The car started up without fail, the engine making minimal noise despite the vehicle's immense size as it darted towards their next location.

"You've still got those maps I showed you memorized, right, Charlotte...?" Elis asked.

Charlotte scowled at Dean, clearly in no mood for his taunts. Glancing at Elis, she gave the girl a small, curt nod.

"...Yeah. It's all there..." Charlotte muttered. Her voice was hoarse, restrained. Rage and sadness mixed within her body, threatening to overwhelm her if she didn't keep her emotions in check.

The speed of the vehicle picked up, with Elis nodding.

"Alright... Just keep yourself in check, Charlotte. We don't want a repeat of last time."

"...I'm a professional, Elis. Don't compare me to the kid." Charlotte said quietly. She reached her hand into her pocket, attempting to fish out another cigarette, only to come out empty-handed, having smoked Timcanpy's entire pack during the night.

Charlotte said nothing in response, simply closing her eyes, her Spatial Awareness converting her vision of the car into a mass of geometric shapes and angles as she closed off her sight.

“That’s right…I’m a professional…” Charlotte thought. She took a breath, attempting to slow the pounding heart within her. She repeated the phrase in her mind, as if trying to convince herself.

“…I’m not doing this for…revenge. Not for my planet…not for their victims…not for Elis…and not for her…” she thought.

“…All that matters…is that the job gets done…” She murmured. She took another breath; another attempt to calm herself down as they drove closer to the base.

Last edited:
Eventually, after around an hour or two, the car came to a stop, and the grey-haired soldier came out of the cockpit and into the passenger's area, her sniper armed at her back.

"We're about 500 klicks Northwest of the base about now... You all ready?" She said, tightening her gloves a bit.

Charlotte slowly opened her eyes, coldly staring towards the front of the vehicle. Her fists were clenched, tight enough that the knuckles of her left fist had grown pale from the strain. Slowly, she breathed out, before nodding at the Soldier.

"....Ready." She said quietly. Slowly, she stood up preparing to exit the vehicle.

Relama walked to Charlotte and smiled before nodding "I'm ready for this..."

"Ready." Kentoria simply said as she got on while Talandar brought an armored Olorin who didn't say anything and was looking terrified

"Good. Let's move." The grey-haired soldier said, the door to the vehicle shooting open and allowing the toxic winds of Krieg to fill the car. (We'll assume those without radiation resistance put their rad suits back on before we departed)

Adrian hopped out of the car and could immediately tell something was up, his makeshift Spatial Awareness immediately alerting him of something that seemed to be hidden from the basic 5 senses as he began focusing, the geometric dimensions of the entrance very slowly outlining itself in his mind. Valkiria hopped out and immediately knew something was up, her Enhanced Senses immediately allowing her to fully visualize the entrance to the cult base.

"Follow me, for anyone who can't see the entrance." Valkiria said.

Charlotte didn’t have much trouble seeing the entrance, her extensive experience and skill with using her Spatial Awareness allowed her to visualize the entrance as quickly as Valkira had. Burying her hands within the pockets of her suit, she silently walked next to the woman, continuing to spread her senses outward incase of additional tricks.

Brownie didn't need help, he really could see the problem and was probably better suited for this whole planet even probably better than his native inhabitants.

He remembered how Rex entrusted him with the mission while he stayed to watch Seraphina, the black beast hoped that the girl would not try anything silly this time, although she does not seem like it, she is beginning to grow fond of the girl

Kentoria jumped out, following Valkiria with a nod as she gripped her sword extremely hard, making her knuckles white while Relama exited as well, while Olorin and Talandar were extremely close to Elis, who apparently hasn't left the truck thing yet lol

Elis made sure to specifically hop out last with Timcanpy in golem form plopped onto her shoulder, gripping her staff. She couldn't see the entrance herself, but Timcanpy could, and so the golem provided telekinetic directions to her with ungodly speed and accuracy, beyond what a normal human could process, at least. Elis breathed out, beginning to move towards the entrance.

Unlike a simple hole in the ground, this time, the entrance into this base was a tunnel of stairs leading underground, easy to spot without the sensory blocking, but clearly whoever put up the spell didn't expect most to see through it.

"Who wants to go in first...?" Elis whispered, trying to make as little noise as possible. She wanted this infiltration attempt to go better than last time, so they needed to be organized.

"The golems should likely make up the vanguard, they can survive basically anything..." Kentoria whispered to Elis, while Olorin closed her eyes and looked terrified beyond what she was before

The black beast smiled, he could take it, even in this size, he became better than these simple golems in their restricted, more agile, most quiet and most deadly form, so he step forward to be the first

Charlotte breathed out, her body trembling slightly.

“…I still have Elis’s maps memorized. And I’m one of the better fighters in the group for direct engagements.” Charlotte said quietly. She took a step forward, staring at the entrance.

“And with my Spatial Awareness, I should be able to sense if anything comes up.”

"We'll go like this, then... Timcanpy, Charlotte, and Brownie can go in as our Vanguard... Most Golems can be rebuilt so long as they aren't turned into microscopic dust particles, and with her durability, I'd recommend she stay at the front while Charlotte and Brownie scout behind her and cover her. The rest of us, especially big guys like Adrian and Talandar, can stay in the back as to not draw attention and serve as the rearguard, which will also keep Olorin in the back so that we don't have to focus on protecting her. If by any chance we get split up, we should probably make an effort to pair up with somebody beforehand so that we aren't completely lost as well, if that's alright..." Elis murmured, calculating every single possible scenario that could happen in this mission to formulate the perfect strategy.

"E-elis..." Olorin murmured quietly before speaking "if they come from behind..." Oloron said quietly, slowly getting off of Talandar and coming close to Elis

Talandar silently turned into golem form and nodded to Elis, trusting her to handle this

Relama moved to be next to Adrian, trusting his adaptation to assist in taking a hit or two, while Kentoria moved to the front of the backline silently, clearly in a bloodlusted state of mind concerning cultists right now

"Most of everyone here has 360 degree vision in some shape or form, Olorin... We'll be alerted of attacks from behind." Elis assured Olorin, her demeanor serious, but soft as to ease the girl's worries.

"Most of everyone here has 360 degree vision in some shape or form, Olorin... We'll be alerted of attacks from behind." Elis assured Olorin, her demeanor serious, but soft as to ease the girl's worries.
Olorin still looked scared, even if her suit was practically indestructible due to Elis's enchantment, beginning to try to cling to Elis in fear, just feeling the sides of her armor was enough to reveal that Olorin was trembling pretty hard

Olorin still looked scared, even if her suit was practically indestructible due to Elis's enchantment, beginning to try to cling to Elis in fear, just feeling the sides of her armor was enough to reveal that Olorin was trembling pretty hard
"Olorin... Haa... I think you should go wait in the car, Olorin. You clearly can't handle this." Elis said, her voice still soft. She didn't want to sound harsh, but, they didn't have time to cater to Olorin and take care of her as usual.

"...Get back in the car, Olorin." Charlotte said quietly, more bluntly than Elis. She moved to the front of the group, her feet tapping impatiently.

"...Talender can stay with us. I assume you two can communicate with each other if needed."

"Just because I'm scared doesn't mean I'll slow you down... also... I can't really do much long-distance communication with Talandar..." Olorin said, going quiet and shaking her head, not trusting everyone here anywhere near enough to say why she couldn't do much long-distance communication with Talandar

"Assuming her suit is enchanted, Olorin is good, for lack of a better term, bait. She'll more than likely take no damage from anything thrown at her suit, and has the mentality that'd get her targeted if seen." Kentoria said, her quiet voice giving away she knew it was a ruthless way of thinking, but it'd be an effective one, Olorin hesitating before nodding, not going against Kentoria's thoughts on the matter

"The suits enchantments aren't invincible yknow..." Elis silently grunted before crossing her arms and shaking her head. They couldn't waste time arguing.

"Whatever. Let's move in as we discussed, now..." Elis said.

"The magic itself can be nullified and the enchantments can still wear down from extended damage, akin to my own resistance enchantments..." Elis whispered as Timcanpy transformed into human form, moving in front of Charlotte and Brownie.

"As my master ordered, I will shield you from damage." Timcanpy said.

Charlotte glared at Kentoria for a moment, but said nothing to the woman. The idea of using Olorin as bait left a sour taste in her mouth, but she wasn't in the mood to argue with her further.

"...We're burning daylight. let's move." Charlotte said flatly. She turned towards Timcanpy, giving the Golem a quick nod.

As instructed, Timcanpy moved in the absolute front of the group, brandishing Aeon in its deactivated state at her side. Valkiria followed behind her, Charlotte, and Brownie, keeping her senses keen all the while, while the grey-haired soldier remained next to her, doing the same as the surroundings quickly darkened due to a lack of underground lighting. Adrian gripped the handle of Dragon Slayer tightly, covering himself in a cloak while Kirby sat on his shoulder, releasing a gentle, pink light to illuminate the dark.

Elis grunted at the idea of using Olorin as bait, clearly adamantly against such a plan in any capacity as she moved at the absolute back of the group with Olorin and Talandar. "No way I'm letting that happen..."

(And now we wait for everybody else lol.)

Back