• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Meanwhile, Elis would finish gathering all of the necessary coordinates, and would move to gather the rest of the group. She moved towards where Charlotte was to inform her first.
Charlotte was still within one of the training grounds within the base, carefully looking over the guns Olorin had created for her. She didn't consider herself a Marksman, not really anyway...but he had to give the girl credit; they were among the most well-made guns she'd ever fired. The recoil, the accuracy, the power...it was clearly the work of a genius.

"Wonder whose's smarter between her and Elis." Charlotte thought absentmindedly. It was helpful, distracting herself with idle thoughts like this. It kept her from being emotional, from thinking about just what she wanted to do to those cultists. She could almost imagine her hands around their throat, wringing the life from their eyes as she slaughtered them...

"...Focus..." She thought to herself. If she kept thinking like that, she'd make the same mistake that Seraphina did. Slowly, she took a breath, her gaze returning to the weapons in her hand. She had already grown attached to the handcannon in particular, Pheobe's Joy proving to be the most compatible with her marksmanship style. Though, of course, her main weapon had already long since been decided, the nanomachines on her arm vibrating softly as she held Pheobe's Fist to the light. Looking at the weapon reminded her of Elis again, remembering the conversation she had with Relma earlier.

"...Hope the kid's alright..." She muttered to herself.

"Leave her be, it's best right now." Talandar's voice sounded quietly behind Timcanpy while Olorin basically had her mental breakdown, crying and murmuring incoherently

Charlotte was still within one of the training grounds within the base, carefully looking over the guns Olorin had created for her. She didn't consider herself a Marksman, not really anyway...but he had to give the girl credit; they were among the most well-made guns she'd ever fired. The recoil, the accuracy, the power...it was clearly the work of a genius.

"Wonder whose's smarter between her and Elis." Charlotte thought absentmindedly. It was helpful, distracting herself with idle thoughts like this. It kept her from being emotional, from thinking about just what she wanted to do to those cultists. She could almost imagine her hands around their throat, wringing the life from their eyes as she slaughtered them...

"...Focus..." She thought to herself. If she kept thinking like that, she'd make the same mistake that Seraphina did. Slowly, she took a breath, her gaze returning to the weapons in her hand. She had already grown attached to the handcannon in particular, Pheobe's Joy proving to be the most compatible with her marksmanship style. Though, of course, her main weapon had already long since been decided, the nanomachines on her arm vibrating softly as she held Pheobe's Fist to the light. Looking at the weapon reminded her of Elis again, remembering the conversation she had with Relma earlier.

(Ya know I thought Charlotte would enjoy the shotguns more lol)

"Oi, Charlotte." Elis's voice would ring throughout the room, the size causing her voice to echo slightly as she walked up to her, holding a few stacks of paper in her hand.
"Leave her be, it's best right now." Talandar's voice sounded quietly behind Timcanpy while Olorin basically had her mental breakdown, crying and murmuring incoherently
"Okay." Timcanpy said blankly, turning away from Olorin and beginning to walk away. She was not ordered to comfort the girl, only to transport her, and she had Talandar to protect her, so she felt no reason to stay.

"Oi, Charlotte." Elis's voice would ring throughout the room, the size causing her voice to echo slightly as she walked up to her, holding a few stacks of paper in her hand.
Charlotte's gaze shifted away from Pheobe's Fist, glancing at Elis as she approached. Normally, she would have sensed the girl long before she entered the room, but she wasn't exactly in the mood to monitor her surrounding. A lapse of awareness that could've cost her dearly, if she had still been within the dangerous environment of her home planet. She made a mental note to pay more attention, internally chiding herself for her perceived mistake. Momentarily dismissing the thought from her mind, she walked toward the girl, concern barely visible on her face.

"...Was just thinking about you, Elis. How are you holding up?" Charlotte asked.

"You should note to Elis that she's in a bad spot mentally..." Talandar said as he approached Olorin
"Okay..." Timcanpy would murmur as she walked away, shaking her head.
Charlotte's gaze shifted away from Pheobe's Fist, glancing at Elis as she approached. Normally, she would have sensed the girl long before she entered the room, but she wasn't exactly in the mood to monitor her surrounding. A lapse of awareness that could've cost her dearly, if she had still been within the dangerous environment of her home planet. She made a mental note to pay more attention, internally chiding herself for her perceived mistake. Momentarily dismissing the thought from her mind, she walked toward the girl, concern barely visible on her face.

"...Was just thinking about you, Elis. How are you holding up?" Charlotte asked.
"...Poorly. Very poorly. But that's not what I came to talk about." Elis said, just breathing in slowly, and then breathing out. She handed the papers she was holding to Charlotte. At a glance, each had an absurdly intricate map drawn onto them, every twist, turn, route, and hallway was mapped down without even missing an atom.

"These are the maps I drew for all the cult bases that Olorin's device located... Memorize them. Please..." She requested.

Olorin trembled for a bit more before staggering up to try and find Elis, seeming panicked, and jumping at even the slightest noise and seeming extremely shaken up

"...Poorly. Very poorly. But that's not what I came to talk about." Elis said, just breathing in slowly, and then breathing out. She handed the papers she was holding to Charlotte. At a glance, each had an absurdly intricate map drawn onto them, every twist, turn, route, and hallway was mapped down without even missing an atom.

"These are the maps I drew for all the cult bases that Olorin's device located... Memorize them. Please..." She requested.
Charlotte's face hardened as she saw the papers in Elis's hand. Silently, she grabbed the maps, her hands trembling as she flipped through them. Analyzing and memorizing them took seconds, if that much, the geometry of the area nearly instantly implanted itself into her mind. She blinked, rearranging the shapes and angles she had seen into the valuable information Elis wanted to convey, a process that took only a small fraction of a second. At this point, she could perfectly recreate a 3-D model of the base within her mind, with perfect accuracy. Or at least, as much precision as the original maps had.

"....Done." Charlotte said quietly. Gingerly she handed the papers back to Elis.

"...Need anything else?"

Charlotte's face hardened as she saw the papers in Elis's hand. Silently, she grabbed the maps, her hands trembling as she flipped through them. Analyzing and memorizing them took seconds, if that much, the geometry of the area nearly instantly implanted itself into her mind. She blinked, rearranging the shapes and angles she had seen into the valuable information Elis wanted to convey, a process that took only a small fraction of a second. At this point, she could perfectly recreate a 3-D model of the base within her mind, with perfect accuracy. Or at least, as much precision as the original maps had.

"....Done." Charlotte said quietly. Gingerly she handed the papers back to Elis.

"...Need anything else?"
"No... Not unless you need anything from me..." Elis said, telekinetically folding the papers and sliding them into her left breast pocket, not seeming to have noticed Olorin approaching the area yet.

"No... Not unless you need anything from me..." Elis said, telekinetically folding the papers and sliding them into her left breast pocket, not seeming to have noticed Olorin approaching the area yet.
Charlotte stared back at Elis for a moment, before slowly crouching in front of her, meeting her at eye level. She straightened her suit with her hand awkwardly, unsure of how she should phrase what she wanted.

"Elis....I'm...not going to pry into...what you saw...alright?" Charlotte said quietly.

"...But...I'm here...if you need a shoulder to lean on. For...any reason."

Charlotte stared back at Elis for a moment, before slowly crouching in front of her, meeting her at eye level. She straightened her suit with her hand awkwardly, unsure of how she should phrase what she wanted.

"Elis....I'm...not going to pry into...what you saw...alright?" Charlotte said quietly.

"...But...I'm here...if you need a shoulder to lean on. For...any reason."
"....I... I'll deal, Charlotte." Elis said, rubbing her eyes a bit, bags visible under them.

"I just need to keep working..."

Charlotte continued to look at Elis, concern growing on her face.

"...Alright, Elis. Just...remember, you have people in your corner. Me, Olorin, Tim...we've got your back..." She said.
Elis would flinch, electricity gently crackling around her for a few moments before she shook her head.

"Alright, Charlotte... I... Alright. I'll try and see if I can get the Masked Man to let us leave by tomorrow..." She said, beginning to turn around to walk away.

Elis would flinch, electricity gently crackling around her for a few moments before she shook her head.

"Alright, Charlotte... I... Alright. I'll try and see if I can get the Masked Man to let us leave by tomorrow..." She said, beginning to turn around to walk away.
Charlotte stared at the girl for a moment, before shaking her head, breathing out.

"...Alright Elis...take care." Charlotte said, watching the girl as she left.

Elis turned back to Charlotte for only a moment, smiling crookedly and waving bye as she left the training room. As soon as she left the room, she took a few steps from the door, and leaned against the wall, breathing heavily as electricity crackled around her.

"H...hg... Haaa... Calm down, Elis... Everything is fine... You just need to work... and keep working... and keep working..."

She slid down the wall, just sitting onto the ground as purple electricity crackled around her.

"Just... breathe... Keep working... keep... ugh..." Elis shook her head, sniffling a bit as she curled up. She was tempted to utilize her electricity to alter her brain. To shift her neurons ever so slightly. To speed up the flow of dopamine to her brain. To calm herself down... But she didn't. She couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Haaaaaaa..." She just sat there. Breathing. Calming down, as electricity gently crackled around her..

(Dunno what you want me to do, Elis and Olorin aren't even relatively in the same area and she ain't expanding her senses that far lol.)

(Yes, the problem is that this is very slow, more than it should be, yes I'm fine with them interacting but come on friend, the only ones who are enjoying more than the account are you, Reaper and something Midas, but at this point it seems that they are in wanting to **** mode or that they has a depression, training or something like it. sometimes i wonder if i should leave the RP for a week and then see if it moves 2 meters)

(Sigh. I have 0 idea why you neglected to ******* tell me your problem you ******* idiotic dumbass, but yeah, if everyone is cool with it, I'm fine with moving forward and will make an effort to fix the pacing in the future to make things fun for everyone.)

(Your not pulling strings bro, your telling me an issue you have. Forgive me if I sound like an ass but sometimes I cannot tell if you people are literally ******* illiterate or not because I say this all the time, please, for the love of god, tell me if you think the RP is going in the wrong direction, I want to fix it.)

(I don’t really care either way. I’m fine with moving forward)

Charlotte slowly moved to the wall of the training area, leaning against it. She could sense her…sense the electricity emitting from her flesh, the heaviness of her breathing, her body, curled against the wall. Charlotte wanted to help her, but…she didn’t know how, the memory of her failed attempt at comforting the girl still fresh in her mind. Slowly, she took out another one of Timcanpy cigarettes, placing it between her lips.

“…She…needs time…” Charlotte thought. She breathed out, a cloud of scented smoke escaping with each exhale.

“…If she ever…needs to talk. I’ll be here. I…just need to have her back…” She thought. She stared at the wall for a moment before slowly she slowly shook her head, turning her attention back to her weapons.

(Then yeah, moving forward.)

"Elis."

"I..."

"It's time. We have to move-"

"I know, grey. I... I know. I have all the paths memorized."

"Alright, Elis. I'll be in the car."

The next day came incredibly quickly. Elis didn't sleep at all.

The grey-haired soldier got into the same vehicle they used on the last mission, starting it up. Adrian was the first to come out, brandishing the Dragon Slayer on his back. He said nothing to Elis.

Next came Valkiria.

"Val..."

"Get some sleep on the ride, Elis."

"A-Alright..."

Valkiria entered the vehicle with Adrian and the grey-haired soldier, just breathing out.

"Master..."

"Go wait in the car, Timcanpy."

"You need rest."

"In the car. Wait... That's an order..."

"...."

Timcanpy went into the car.

"...Did you know all of this would happen, Mask...?"

"...."

"Did you...?"

"Good luck, Elis."

The Masked Man disappeared.

Elis waited for the others.

Charlotte silently boarded the vehicle, sitting down near the edge of the car. Her suit reeked of banana-scented smoke, bathing her in something akin to a twisted perfume. Bags were visible underneath her cold gaze; her eyes hardened, stone-like. Her arms trembled visibly, her fists slowly clenching and unclenching. Phoebe’s Fist had already wrapped itself around her arm, the nanomachines moving imperceptibly along her flesh.

Tarak walked into the car a few moments later, his joints creaking audibly as he dragged himself onto a seat. His face was, as always, expressionless, the undead lacking the facial muscles to convey his emotions in any meaningful way. Yet, his body was unusually ridged, his bony fingers wrapped tightly around his old, withered club. Flashes of purple appeared across his bones periodically, his dark magic constantly shifting and writhing within his skeletal frame.

Dean would make himself appear in the vehicle near Charlotte via one of his portals, sensing her scent from the ciggars

"Bananas....quite the choice miss Charlotte..."

Tells with a little smirk to her

Back