• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Charlotte glanced at Kentoria, before smirking slightly, shaking her head.

"...Lay off, Kentoria. A few cigarettes never hurt anybody." Charlotte said. Looking down at Olorin, she unceremoniously grabbed the girl off the ground, pulling her to her feet, assuming she hadn't fully recovered from her trip.

"...You alright Olorin?"

"It actually does hurt a lot of people, Charlotte. You just seem to be immune to... many, many forms of cancer and disease." Timcanpy explained, while Elis moved with Charlotte to see if Olorin was alright.

Olorin nodded "just stunned... we'll be able to scan to entire planet once I'm done." Olorin said as she tried to get over to another section, which had so many little intricate parts it felt like watching an entire atomic structure to just look at

"It actually does hurt a lot of people, Charlotte. You just seem to be immune to... many, many forms of cancer and disease." Timcanpy explained, while Elis moved with Charlotte to see if Olorin was alright.
"...Eh?" Charlotte said blankly. She raised an eyebrow, looking at Timcanpy.

"...Been smoking for as long as I can remember. Nothing bad ever happened to me." Charlotte said. She seemed...genuinely confused. Medical knowledge wasn't exactly common in the slums.

(But can they? What if its all an illusion that is designed by some neckbeards with nothing better to do?)
(Life is an illusion, man.)
"...Eh?" Charlotte said blankly. She raised an eyebrow, looking at Timcanpy.

"...Been smoking for as long as I can remember. Nothing bad ever happened to me." Charlotte said. She seemed...genuinely confused. Medical knowledge wasn't exactly common in the slums.
"Well, in actuality, there are many consequences of consuming nicotine in large amounts. These would include, but are not limited to various forms of lung cancer, colon cancer, cervix cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer, and pancreatic cancer, all of which can be highly lethal when untreated. Excessive amounts of smoking have been shown in various studies to also increase the risk of things such as strokes and one may possibly even develop dental defects from them, other defects being included but not limited to blindness, loss of limbs, teeth, or even the removal or eradication of other organs from the body. I would suspect that your need for glasses to improve your vision may be caused by excessive amounts of smoking, but, that is mere speculation on my part." Timcanpy explained swiftly.

Charlotte stared at Timcanpy for a few moments, before shaking her head.

"...Oh." Charlotte murmured. She glanced down at her cigarette, hesitating for a moment before breathing out.

..I'll...I'll keep that in mind, Tim." Charlotte said. Her voice lacked the usual edge she adopted when talking about her smoking habits. Clearly, she was processing the new information.

"Guess that explains why some old-timers had such shitty lives after retirement." Charlotte thought, remembering a few older gangsters she had met. Many of them suffered from some kind of lung problem, though she had chalked it up to simply their environment than any effect of the cigarettes themselves.

"If you are worried about the potential consequences, I could manufacture a nicotine alternative that would produce the same effects but have a much lighter consequence on your health, Charlotte." Timcanpy said, her voice less monotone than usual.

Charlotte glanced at Timcanpy, breathing an inward sigh of relief. She hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...I don't want to add more work to your plate, Tim. But...if you have some...spare time in the future, I'd...really appreciate it." Charlotte said. She flashed the women a small smile.

"Oh, no, it would not be work. It is very easy. I simply have to remove and rearrange some harmful chemicals found within nicotine in my new substance. I can draw you a comprehensive diagram, if your understanding falls short." Timcanpy said, light beginning to build in her now cupped hands, clearly now working on Charlotte's cigarette substitute.

Charlotte shook her head, chuckling a bit.

"...I'll take your word for it, Tim. You don't have to go that far." She said. She took a step closer to Timcanpy, looking down at the source of light.

"...Didn't know you knew how to make things like this, though. How'd you learn?"

"I am capable of manipulating all basic elements known to mankind, and my master pre-programmed me with immense intellect capable of capitalizing off of resources, both in and outside of combat. She is simply many more orders of magnitudes more intelligent than myself, which is why I never need to utilize my own intellect, since my master is capable of performing far more efficient calculations than I." Timcanpy explained, something physical beginning to slowly form in her cupped hands.

"I could probably do it as well, but I... well I prefer to stay out of science experiments." Relama commented, silently thinking that Timcanpy and Charlotte were likely to become a thing

"I am capable of manipulating all basic elements known to mankind, and my master pre-programmed me with immense intellect capable of capitalizing off of resources, both in and outside of combat. She is simply many more orders of magnitudes more intelligent than myself, which is why I never need to utilize my own intellect, since my master is capable of performing far more efficient calculations than I." Timcanpy explained, something physical beginning to slowly form in her cupped hands.
"Hey, don't sell yourself short, Tim. Ain't nothing wrong with being less intelligent than a genius like Elis." Charlotte said, chuckling a bit.

"...I'd...like to see you do smart things like this more often...if you're alright with it." Charlotte said.

"Hey, don't sell yourself short, Tim. Ain't nothing wrong with being less intelligent than a genius like Elis." Charlotte said, chuckling a bit.

"...I'd...like to see you do smart things like this more often...if you're alright with it." Charlotte said.
"I never suggested that I was at fault for being less talented than my master. I could never hope to be as amazing as her, nor do I ever desire to. And if you desire for me to create more things for you, ask." Timcanpy said as she continued working.

Elis blushed a bit as she heard Timcanpy compliment her from a distance, but she swiftly shook her head.

"Heh...I'll have to take you up on that, Tim." Charlotte said, chuckling a bit. She leaned down a bit, continuing to watch as Timcanpy manipulated the light.

"But, hey, if it means anything, I think you're amazing in your own right."

"Your compliment is appreciated. I do not particularly think I am special, though. My master is special." Timcanpy said as she finally finished molding the light, manifesting a golden-colored box of cigarettes in her cupped hands with a "T" on the front of it.

"Also, I am finished."

Charlotte raised her eyebrow at Relama, before shaking her head. She turned back to Timcanpy. Gingerly, she reached out, grabbing the box in her hands.

"Oi, thanks Tim." She said. She moved the box around with her fingers, examining it.

" And like I said, don't sell yourself short, alright? Being able to...make things like this seems pretty special to me. The average joe couldn't do something like this."

Charlotte glanced at Timcanpy for a moment, before shaking her head, smirking.

"Alright, alright. I'll drop it Tim. But I do appreciate this, really." She said. Slowly, she opened the box, taking out one of the cigarettes inside.

"...Did you do anything to these, besides lowering the nicotine? I can smoke them like any old cigarette, right?"

"Barring lowering the nicotine levels, I simply made them taste like banana instead of that abhorrent bitter aftertaste one gets after smoking a cigarette. I do not know if you like banana." Timcanpy said.

Charlotte cocked her head.

"...Don't think I've had a fresh banana before...but I'm sure it's better than the taste cigarettes usually have." Charlotte said, nodding. Slowly, she lit one of the cigarettes, before slowly placing it into her mouth. She took a deep drag, before breathing out, a soft smile appearing on her face.

"...This is...really great, Tim. Thanks." She said.

Dean would be at a table in his room, leaning on the chair to its feet on the back, as his legs were crossed on top of the table, using his telekinesis to write something on a paper

(WELP, I figured I may as well get this ball rolling again. We all missed the Stars of Cinder, I bet.)

"It is of no consequence, Charlotte." Timcanpy said with a gentle bow.

"For now, you all should get some rest and we'll head out tomorrow morning... Or train, it depends on how you condition yourself before a big fight." The grey-haired soldier suggested, "For now, I should... discuss some things with the Masked Man..."

"Should we leave you two alone?" Relama asked, while Olorin began to work on the more advanced and precise stuff for her scanner, enough little parts scattered around her to look like entire little cities were strewn about

"I do not understand why we would need to be left alone, but, should Charlotte desire it, I've no qualms." Timcanpy said, the golem shrugging.

Charlotte cocked her head.

"...Don't think I've had a fresh banana before...but I'm sure it's better than the taste cigarettes usually have." Charlotte said, nodding. Slowly, she lit one of the cigarettes, before slowly placing it into her mouth. She took a deep drag, before breathing out, a soft smile appearing on her face.

"...This is...really great, Tim. Thanks." She said.
(Poke)

Charlotte shook her head, taking another drag of her new cigarettes. She savored the banana taste in her mouth for a moment, before speaking.

"...It's fine, kid." Charlotte said. She grabbed Charlotte's Fury, feeling the powerful Assault Cannon in her grip.

"...Gonna go test some of Olorin's weapons. Best to break them in now when I'm not getting shot at...." She said. She slowly began to walk away from the group, before glancing back at Timcanpy.

"...Oi, but let me know if you need anything, Tim." Charlotte said, nodding at the golem.

Last edited:
Charlotte shook her head, taking another drag of her new cigarettes. She savored the banana taste in her mouth for a moment, before speaking.

"...It's fine, kid." Charlotte said. She grabbed Charlotte's Fury, feeling the powerful Assault Cannon in her grip.

"...Gonna go test some of Olorin's weapons. Best to break them in now when I'm not getting shot at...." She said. She slowly began to walk away from the group, before glancing back at Timcanpy.

"...Oi, but let me know if you need anything, Tim. Good luck with the boss." Charlotte said, nodding at the golem.
(Tim isn't going to see the Masked Man lol.)

"Alright, Charlotte." Timcanpy said, nodding back.

Elis simply slumped down, clearly planning to go back to sleep for the time being. For this mission, she'd need rest, and lots of it.

Back