• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can read the first eight chapters of the revised version here:

If you want to read the full text of the original version posted 2 years ago just slap it on the Wayback Machine. The full book is going to be about 100K words longer and has some revised prose so it's different.

I like the confirmation that the book is licensed and can actually count as part of Legends Canon.

I can only take solace that it will never be part of the official Star Wars canon.

But if the jabs at the new canon or the original version's Judeo-Christian allegories remain in the revised version remain, you already know what my opinions were in regards to the original.

En0PWosVEAA0Cml

What do you guys think?
She did a damn fine job.

What was especially exciting for me was that we're going back to Tython (after visiting it in the Aphra comics) and learning that Thrawn may be active again in the New Republic era.

No it makes more sense considering how massive Starkiller base was.
Whut???

It makes sense the resurgent class could do that considering how massive of a project Starkiller base was in. More money per gram to make things more powerful gram per gram that was a stupid post by me. Bombarding the surface of that planet in mere minutes. Starkiller base could destroy the entire solar system tens of thousands of light-years away in the same amount of time. The Imperial was far more powerful than the Venator class star destroyer

The Resurgent has far more powerful turbolasers ion cannons concussion missile launchers point defense lasers shields sensors communications engines than the imperial class. Her Concussion Missiles should be capable of talking on the falcon and the Gonzti class with ease.

Concussion Missiles Are Likely Small City Plus Level as they should be more than capable of directing harming falcon sized starships without shielding with ease. Main Line Thurbolasers should be thousands of times more powerful the very least likely far more.

Name reveal finally... though it's kind of a stupid name in my opinion.

Also I know literally nothing about Star Wars power-scaling, does Mando's durability get an upgrade since
he blocked hits from Ahsoka?

Also I know literally nothing about Star Wars power-scaling, does Mando's durability get an upgrade since

The Beskar Armor does. It confirms out-right that beskar is uniquely able to block lightsabers.

After CRT, lightsaber tier will get downgraded to either Unknown or At Least Large Building level+ (it will be stated that lightsabers can cut or melt almost all materials in the galaxy).
Staff will continue heat revision in the future, though they agreed that the default assumption is that heat durability ≠ kinetic force durability, so blockling lightsabers or having a Beskar spear is unlikely to upgrade Mando.

oyyUHMB.jpg

Apparently, The Child's name was mentioned in a leak months ago.
The Mandalorian can open the door for some neat life action spin-offs.

Latest episode of Mandalorian was highly volatile and explosive, excited for the finale.
l7liiydxti461.png

ola1adqxti461.png

qpweaecxti461.png

h80rb6sxti461.png

A stream delivered an avalanche of news on investor day.

6e2l57s93g461.jpg

Live-action series: Ahsoka
Live-action series: Rangers of the New Republic (Cara Dune is rumored to get her own series, so this would be it)
Live-action series: Andor (Rogue One sequel)
Live-action series: Obi-Wan Kenobi. Starring Ewan McGregor, and Hayden Christensen is confirmed to reprise his role as Darth Vader
Cartoon: The Bad Batch (Clone Wars spin-off)
Anime short stories: Visions
Animated movie: A Droid Story. Starring R2D2 & C3PO
Movie: Rogue Squadron. Directed by Patty Jenkins (director of Wonder Woman).
Live-action series: Lando
Live-action series: The Acolyte. Set at the end of the High-Republic era, and involves a conspiracy that has to do with emerging Dark Side powers (Hoping the protagonist is a Sith Acolyte)

Bog Iger said something about there being a Star Wars fatigue?

Last edited:
So uh. How are them revisions coming along?

Jedi and Sith will get human level AP and Dura without Force amp right? The canon right now is really inconsistent on that front.

Beskar is among a class of materials labelled "lightsaber resistant" materials. Other examples include Phrik and Cortosis (the latter being the best against lightsabers).

This is one of many reasons Mandalorians were "Jedi Hunters."
At least the Mandalorians of old, who used purer and better refined beskar. Modern Mandalorians have either lower grade beskar (because the resource was exploited to hell) or even use durasteel and plastoid. A perfect example of the latter would be the Saxon brothers under Imperial rule.

Din's also has to be pure and highly refined, which explains why he was able to deflect Ahsoka's lightsabers and make that unique sound on striking the pure beskar spear against his gauntlet.

So what will Mando's new durability be?
I don't think it should change much. Beskar might have certain properties that make it uniquely ligthsaber resistant (like Phrik and Cortosis). The best durability feats we have otherwise for that kind of armour is Fett taking a thermal detonator at near point blank (which is Large Building+). And Fett's armour was confirmed to be Beskar indeed.

ill make a thread when i can but Beskar just in general's durability should be High 8-C
I agree.
Live-action series: Andor (Rogue One sequel)
Prequel.

So uh. How are them revisions coming along?

Jedi and Sith will get human level AP and Dura without Force amp right? The canon right now is really inconsistent on that front.
Jedi & Sith (at least the near human species) without Force amp should probably scale to peak Star Wars humans, who currently sit at 9-B to 9-A.

Also, Legends was just as inconsistent on that front.

So 9-A Ahsoka? I can roll with that. Allowing matches without Force amp does open Star Wars up to far more match up possibilities.

Although, shouldn't Force amp have a Varies tier? It is after all stronger where there is a greater connection to the Force.

So 9-A Ahsoka? I can roll with that. Allowing matches without Force amp does open Star Wars up to far more match up possibilities.

Although, shouldn't Force amp have a Varies tier? It is after all stronger where there is a greater connection to the Force.
I have a confession: 9-A is actually one of my favourite tiers, and I would love to see more Star Wars matches in it.

Canon still has that broken precog, so I'm down with the 9-A battles.

Canon still has that broken precog, so I'm down with the 9-A battles.
Canon precognition isn't too broken. Legends precog was much more broken in comparison, especially when combined with nanosecond reaction times and perceptions so great that a millisecond feels like an entire minute.

Force abilities were still kinda broken in canon, considering Yoda could sense 2 intruders in an entire building full of people.

And I heard Kylo has an interstellar range feat for telekinesis in Resistance.

Force abilities were still kinda broken in canon, considering Yoda could sense 2 intruders in an entire building full of people.

And I heard Kylo has an interstellar range feat for telekinesis in Resistance.
1. Yoda and Sidious both also have telepathy and mind-fuckery feats across galactic ranges. Sidious once mind-****** ROTJ Luke, who was in the Outer Rim at the time, while Sidious himself was on Coruscant. This feat is especially notable because Luke at this point was equal to Vader.

2. Yeah, a First Order Security Bureau agent named Tierny fails Kylo Ren one too many times. For her last warning Kylo Ren uses telekinesis to make her and Commander Pyre aim their blasters against each other and threaten to force them to shoot each other. After they fail him one more time, Ren just Force Chokes her to death as her star destroyer goes down in flames around her. Both were done across interstellar to galactic distances.

Some of the best feats of precision telekinesis we've seen is actually from post-ROTS Vader (whose TK at this point is not as well developed as his OT self). In one instance he reconstructs one of his destroyed cybernetic limbs by telekinetically crushing a Jedi training droid and taking its parts. This is where he gets technokinesis from. In another instance Vader gathers the bits of Jocasta Nu's Delta 7B interceptor - which her astromech had bombed to pieces - and reshapes its outer hull, confirming its type and affiliation before Imperial intelligence had a chance to even start gathering the evidence.

Kenobi has also showcased technokinesis. In one instance on Tatooine, he caused the blaster rifles of a group of Jabba's raiders to violently malfunction with a twitch of his finger.

@Shadowbokunohero
This reminds me... Shouldn't pretty much all Canon Jedi have technokinesis, given how they create their lightsabers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back