• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The high 8-c key came from upscaling iron man’s old armour which generate building+ levels of energy

I don’t remember where the building one came from

the funniest line in no way home
IMG_20211221_160913.jpg
No Sam Raimi tribute??? He quite literally started the modern Era of superhero movies

The high 8-c key came from upscaling iron man’s old armour which generate building+ levels of energy

I don’t remember where the building one came from
High 8-C was for Mark 6's 10-gigawatt statement. Which is useless now because that mark scales to 8-A for the arc reactor being able to harm Loki, who is 8-A.

I'm wondering where the 8-C and High 8-C key came from?
On the verse page, I only saw the calculation for 9-A
8-C came from the Wakandan Spears and the Deathlok feat. The first kinda needs a recalc for the specific statement, Deathlok can’t be used anymore, and anything else that was 8-C to High 8-C came from stuff Iron Man did

However, No Way Home locks in consistent Tier 8 stuff for the MCU

8-C came from the Wakandan Spears and the Deathlok feat. The first kinda needs a recalc for the specific statement, Deathlok can’t be used anymore, and anything else that was 8-C to High 8-C came from stuff Iron Man did

However, No Way Home locks in consistent Tier 8 stuff for the MCU
Isn't this literally the same Otto with whom Peter kept parity in the second Spider-Man?

Self Body Puppetry + Self Soul Manipulation right after

Self body puppetry? Tom wasn't controlling his body during that scene, it was moving independently to avoid Dr strange

Being hit into the Astral Plane isn't time stopping

Ok, but being hit into the astral plane itself isn't what im referring to. When Peter entered the astral plane time froze from the perspective of dr strange and peters spiritual form. His body was able to move despite this

Man, there's just something magical with Tobey precisely returning as Spider-Man, like both Andrew and Tobey got axed because Sony sucks. TASM2's Ending looked very hopeful but Spider-Man 3's is just something else.
One sad song and the dance between the characters we have seen from the very beginning. Just knowing there was supposed to be a 4th film just makes punctures my soul. I'm glad we have them back and hopefully we will see more of them.
I think I remember Tobey saying that they made it work out after Spider Man 3 too, the little bit of extra closure was SO good for all of the Peters

Self body puppetry? Tom wasn't controlling his body during that scene, it was moving independently to avoid Dr strange
Its a very specific case, but that's what it is here. We had discussed this far earlier in the thread
Ok, but being hit into the astral plane itself isn't what im referring to. When Peter entered the astral plane time froze from the perspective of dr strange and peters spiritual form. His body was able to move despite this
This was what I was talking about. And about that:
A) Time didn't freeze. It was just moving slowly
B) Doctor Strange doesn't even have the Time Stone at this point

As long as time is slowed enough or you're moving fast enough, time will appear frozen because everything's moving so slow from your perspective it might as well not even be moving. Also last time astral projection was used things weren't frozen, only slowed down unless you wanna say normal lightning has resistance to time stop

If I remember correctly, it slowed down to 1/1000th for the Ancient One.

If it only slows down, is there a possibility of a "far higher" next to peters speed tier with spider sense? Or at least in the astral plane? The scene itself seems pretty important to the mechanics of his spider sense.

This was what I was talking about. And about that:
A) Time didn't freeze. It was just moving slowly
B) Doctor Strange doesn't even have the Time Stone at this point

If it's only slowed down would peters speed with spider sense be far higher than his normal statistics?

I was just about to suggest that, but it also probably wouldn't be an upgrade. If he's moving at a quarter of a meter per second during this time, it's only mach 0.73.

Couldn't all this be summed up as Instinctive Reaction and Resistance to the manipulation of the soul? i mean, for spidey

He's not resistant to soul manipulation, he was still capable of being pushed into the astral plane. His body itself is what was moving on it's own, even when time was massively slowed down.

Instinctive Reaction pretty much covers the feat on its own right?

His body moving is not what im referring to specifically. It's the fact that he had an instinctive reaction when time was slowed down, so his combat speed would be higher with spider sense, even if it would be considered an instinctive reaction

MCU Spider Sense doesn't amp his speed, it isn't like Raimi Spidey (Actually, his Spider Sense only amped his speed once in 4 movies, so that's not really what it does). Spider Sense is basically "hey something's coming be careful"

MCU Spider Sense doesn't amp his speed, it isn't like Raimi Spidey (Actually, his Spider Sense only amped his speed once in 4 movies, so that's not really what it does). Spider Sense is basically "hey something's coming be careful"

But it directly amped his speed in the scene im referring to

Probably something spider-sense related (instinctive reaction)

Im not denying that it's instinctive reaction. What im saying is, it can be considered both instinctive reaction and a speed amp based on the scene.

There's actually no proof that his Spider Sense did something in this scene.

There's no proof, but literally no other character in the MCU, including characters whos speed scale massively above spiderman, have been able to move their physical bodies in the astral plane (aside from dr strange and affiliated characters) the only real solution WOULD be spider sense, otherwise the scene literally makes no sense. Even if it wasn't his spider sense, what im saying still applies in some way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back