• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spectre amped by Source

Let's start with this version. Spectre got all Source'es power, which has 1-A tier. Spectre has become all creation, including Bleed, which has innumerable spatial dimensions . So, this version should has At least 1-B, likely 1-A tier

About abilities: Omnipresence, Nigh-Omniscience, Large Size (Type 11), Beyond-Dimensional Existence (Type 2), Immortality (Type 10), and all previous abilities in higher scale.

Raguel
Spectre was an Archangel, and he was far more powerful than weakened Lucifer, and Raguel was comparable to other Archangels , including Michael and Lucifer . So Raguel should has 1-A tier

About abilities: all previous abilities in higher scale.

If this additions aprove, I will add new abilities for both versions.

At least 1-B or just 1-B looks good, but I don't see an indication for 1-A based off of the linked album. Containing something is not the same as transcending something (look at Eternity for example).

Being comparable to a peak power Michael or Lucifer seems to be an inconsistency. Belonging to the same class as someone doesn't mean they scale without explicit evidence. Especially when a weakened Lucifer has an extremely variable tier and rating.

Not as listed. Since the Type 11 size, Type 2 Beyond Dimensional Existence, Type 10 Immortality are based on a currently unapproved rating.

Personally I'd say The Source key should be possibly 1-A since both The Spectre and other characters have described it as being the power of The Presence and making them a part of all creation.

That or if you want to go by recent comics, even aspects of The Source aka that Raptor judge can easily seal Perpetuna inside the Source Wall which she couldn't get out of till the JL broke it in Dark Nights Metal

Overvoid and Source are one and the same Presence - they are all described as everything up to the wall as well as behind the wall. Also in the arch with Perpetua Source and Overvoid the same character is named.

as for the level, Perpetua describes both the creator of the physical worlds (even inside the Bleed), and the conceptual ones (Spheres of Gods and Monitors) She literally created the concepts of space, time and matter, so she is conceptually superior to all of this. Thus, it surpasses the concept of dimensionality, and the Source surpasses Prepetua.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am against 1-A for Raguel as he appears in the current Lucifer run. Lucifer is piss-poor weak in it, being consistently described as "Weak, wingless, and atrophied"
What about 1-A for Source-amped Spectre?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am against 1-A for Raguel as he appears in the current Lucifer run. Lucifer is piss-poor weak in it, being consistently described as "Weak, wingless, and atrophied"
I haven't read the new run so did he give up his Morningstar powers again?

The Unknown Warrior1 said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Nope, but Lucifer has wings, but... hell wings

I haven't read this issue, but is there any evidence that the Spectre was actually amped by the Source? It seems like he is just being shown the nature of existence by it, and realizing everything is one within God.

Giving him an 1-A key based on that would be the same thing as giving Metron an 1-A key because of that time Swamp Thing brought him to the Source and made him perceive all of existence simultaneously.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This makes sense to me.

Has anybody informed PrinceOfTheMorning about this yet?

Ultima seems to make a valid point though.

Ultima Reality said:
I haven't read this issue, but is there any evidence that the Spectre was actually amped by the Source? It seems like he is just being shown the nature of existence by it, and realizing everything is one within God.

Giving him an 1-A key based on that would be the same thing as giving Metron an 1-A key because of that time Swamp Thing brought him to the Source and made him perceive all of existence simultaneously.
I can give you the issue should you want to read it, it's #58 of the vol 3 Spectre comic

In that comic The Presence seemingly goes missing so The Spectre goes around asking people where he is, eventually he goes to The Source where he's all like "what's it like being God?" so it amps him up and he goes crazy asking how can anyone comprehend this level of power

Ultima Reality said:
Spectre was truly Amped by Source , by this he has become one with all creation.

The Unknown Warrior1 said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
The new run ignores almost everything from both Mike Carey and the Holy Black runs and even some things from the old Sandman. It's so out of the left field that it should be ignored frankly.

Agreed. Didio is doing a very poor job with his editorial department.

Okay. Thanks for the help. It is probably best to get a confirmation from PrinceOfTheMorning as well though.

I agree that it shouldn't be a key.

Also Spectre "merging with the Overvoid" only lasted for a couple pages as well.

Has anybody asked POTM to comment here yet? Just so we make sure before removing a key in Spectre's profile.

@POTM

I thought that a current 1-A key for the Spectre was based on this. Sorry. My mistake then.

What do you think btw?

It's based on the Logoz stuff. I agree the time the Source showed him what it's like to be God shouldn't be added as a key, and I also agree with Matt that we should probably just ignore the current Lucifer run. At least for now.

Some of the stuff from the current run just seems nonsensical, like the Great Evil Beast being shown as one of Lucifer's selves.

Okay. So is there anything that we should apply from this thread?

I think we should to leave short-amped versions, bcs a lot of characters have it. Thought-Robot is just short-time amped Superman. Anti-Monitor amped at the down of time also has it's own version.

About Spectre: I think we should add Source-amped version, with at least 1-B, likely 1-A tier

Anti-Monitor's separate DoT key has been removed and Thought Robot isn't an amped version of Superman, it's its own thing.

The latter scan is referring to Spectre potentially stopping the Great Evil Beast but not through actual power, it's useless for an AP justification.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
Anti-Monitor's separate DoT key has been removed and Thought Robot isn't an amped version of Superman, it's its own thing.
The latter scan is referring to Spectre potentially stopping the Great Evil Beast but not through actual power, it's useless for an AP justification.
So, we should close this without changes. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back