• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Mikey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have similar scenes but the "i can't move my body" statement is not presented tho they give a similar vibe, in this case would it be Paralysis Inducement via Fear Inducement/Social Influence ? As it looks like they are blocked because of the fear? Or there is no need to specify it?
Paralysis Inducement via Social Influence seems iffy, as inducing paralysis into someone is supernatural when social influence isn't. I also think Paralysis Inducement via Fear Inducement is kinda weird as Mikey has never shown actually making someone freeze on the place via inducing fear in them like the scenes you linked. I think this scene should only be taken as Paralysis Inducement as it's a complete new thing Mikey did.

Paralysis Inducement via Social Influence seems iffy, as inducing paralysis into someone is supernatural when social influence isn't. I also think Paralysis Inducement via Fear Inducement is kinda weird as Mikey has never shown actually making someone freeze on the place via inducing fear in them like the scenes you linked. I think this scene should only be taken as Paralysis Inducement as it's a complete new thing Mikey did.
There are cases where people couldn't move their body parts by just being afraid, and it's known as emotional paralysis, and it can occur from complete fear as well, where your body doesn't readily move despite you trying to move it. It can occur when you are socially influenced as well, for example, many people are scared of snakes, and you might have heard that people were scared of them and couldn't move, or their actions were delayed.

There are cases where people couldn't move their body parts by just being afraid, and it's known as emotional paralysis, and it can occur from complete fear as well, where your body doesn't readily move despite you trying to move it. It can occur when you are socially influenced as well, for example, many people are scared of snakes, and you might have heard that people were scared of them and couldn't move, or their actions were delayed.
Severe anxiety, such as with a strong phobia, can lead to someone feeling stuck in place and possibly even fainting, which may feel like being paralyzed
Nah the definition legit misses the premise of this feat completely. I wouldn't say that South felt "stuck in place" here lol. He geniunely just froze on place and he even realized it before Mikey released his Aura. This alone should prove that this Paralysis wasn't caused by his Fear Inducement at all.

@Dinozxd my question is, what's the cause then? I don't think Mikey can output some kind of energy which blocks you, we know people are scared of him, I acknowledged in the scenes I sent there isn't the statement "I can't move my body" tho they don't move and we have a similar scene (South) where he for the same reason couldn't move and outright said "I can't move my body", the most normal and logical conclusion is that the cause is fear, he already has social influence as fear on his profile so it makes more sense.

@Dinozxd my question is, what's the cause then? I don't think Mikey can output some kind of energy which blocks you, we know people are scared of him, I acknowledged in the scenes I sent there isn't the statement "I can't move my body" tho they don't move and we have a similar scene (South) where he for the same reason couldn't move and outright said "I can't move my body", the most normal and logical conclusion is that the cause is fear, he already has social influence as fear on his profile so it makes more sense.
Mikey didn't release his Aura to freeze South as you can see here. He only released it after South was completely frozen. I don't think freezing someone in place with a stare should count as Social Influence as Paralysis Inducement is supernatural when Social Influence isn't.

I kinda agree with Grath on the Paralysis Inducement stuff. This is a complete new thing Mikey does with Dark Impulse so it should be treated differently.

Paralysis Inducement is not supernatural, it can be achieved even by breaking your arms, the important part is that you can't move, which is what happens when they feel fear due to Mikey and you still didn't answer about what else is the cause then.

Paralysis Inducement is not supernatural, it can be achieved even by breaking your arms, the important part is that you can't move, which is what happens when they feel fear due to Mikey and you still didn't answer about what else is the cause then.
I could understand this, but if this was the case, it should have never been removed, just like most of these abilities since Mikey already has had most of these abilities before but were removed for some reason

Ah, I guess you're kinda right then. Freezing people completely is still a new thing Mikey performs though. Kakucho was still able to move, Hanma could still move, Senju was only frozen from Mikey's stare and Thought Bug (I explained above) and she was able to move right after Mikey took his eyes away from her. I think this should be "Paralysis Inducement via Fear Inducement" as the ability page for Paralysis Inducement itself states that Fear Manipulation can be a cause of a character getting Paralysis Inducement.

Was resistance to analytical prediction ever debunked? Mikey overwhelming, and being able to do it different types of analytical prediction (basic attack reading, and future foresight) it should be valid in my opinion

Ah, I guess you're kinda right then. Freezing people completely is still a new thing Mikey performs though. Kakucho was still able to move, Hanma could still move, Senju was only frozen from Mikey's stare and Thought Bug (I explained above) and she was able to move right after Mikey took his eyes away from her. I think this should be "Paralysis Inducement via Fear Inducement" as the ability page for Paralysis Inducement itself states that Fear Manipulation can be a cause of a character getting Paralysis Inducement.
I agree with this. It basically sounds like Mikey has multiple ways to paralyze his opponent, just like my point for resistance to analytical prediction

Was resistance to analytical prediction ever debunked? Mikey overwhelming, and being able to do it different types of analytical prediction (basic attack reading, and future foresight) it should be valid in my opinion
I mean, Mikey pretty much does that via sheer speed. It might upgrade his Reactive Power but that's probably it.

Has the thread concluded?
Pressure Points, Info Analysis, Afterimage Creation, Perception Manipulation, Illusion Creation, Fear Inducement Limited Durability Negation all have two staff approvals atm. I will write which keys will have the abilties after we solve the Paralysis Inducement issue.

Kakucho was still able to move
of course they don't outright become stone, they have a natural reaction but still kakucho didn't do a shit for stopping Mikey / run away, while before he was hitting him and screaming, there is an enormous difference
Hanma could still move
Is the normal reaction of a human cause by fear, overall he was blocked
Senju was only frozen from Mikey's stare
Same here
she was able to move right after Mikey took his eyes away from her.
"after Mikey too his eyes away from her" exactly, Mikey's stare is exactly what causes fear so....

I mean, Mikey pretty much does that via sheer speed. It might upgrade his Reactive Power but that's probably it.
I dont think he beat Izana with pure speed. Remember, Mikey's reactive power is like a reactionary boost. When Mikey used it against Takemichi he instantly boosted his speed once he figured out his foresight.

But, with Izana that was moreso willpower, and Izana not having physical stats stats to last an extended fight with Mikey after hitting Mikey so much, but not being able to take the same punishment back from him. Draken states Izana's limbs got tired, but limbs being tired won't decrease reaction time. Fatigue actually increases reaction time which would make resistance to Analytical Prediction more valid in my opinion, thats why I asked about it tbh.

of course they don't outright become stone,
South did though. That's the difference.
Is the normal reaction of a human cause by fear, overall he was blocked
Same goes to this.
"after Mikey too his eyes away from her" exactly, Mikey's stare is exactly what causes fear so....
Mikey took his eyes away from South though. He had to dislocate Takemichi's arm to get him outta the way and South couldn't move a muscle during all that. Again, South's case isn't the same.

I mean I don't really care if they move or not after the stare as the important part is that they stop during it and the fact they moved after or not is the cause of many factors.

Anyway Mikey didn't really moved away after scaring South, he took like a second to break takemichi arm and after went to South making him even scared and the second time South even has a reaction like the others so...

For Senju, Mikey simply scared her and after returned to his original target while against South he always had him as target and even used his scaring stare 2 times, the situations are different, if a serial killer is trying to kill someone and you see him and say "stop it" and he looks at you saying "I'll also kill you if you don't **** off" you will feel fear, sure, the question is, can you actually compare your fear here with the fear of the person who is actually getting killed?

Fear is not the same for everyone, you can be scared of spiders but still being able to look at them tho there might be someone who can't even see them, I personally watch horror movies because I like being scared tho I know a lot of people who wouldn't even look at them, another example is the serial killer one I made above.

You still consider this fear as something supernatural when it's simply a normal fear which scares people instead of some kind of energy output produced by Mikey which activates your deepest fears.

I mean I don't really care if they move or not after the stare as the important part is that they stop during it and the fact they moved after or not is the cause of many factors.
The ability to prevent one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely.
Paralysis Inducement is completely stopping someone's movement or preventing an opponent from coordinating their movements. Mikey's opponents could still partially move and react when Mikey induced fear in them with the exception of South. South's case was different as he couldn't even move a muscle.
The full scene is here. South's "reaction" is just South uncontrollably shaking and uncontrollably shaking doesn't make Paralysis Inducement invalid as it still prevents South from having a proper reaction or moving.

Edit: You can see how his expression doesn't even change from when he realized he coudln't move to the last panel we see his face. This is blatantly Paralysis Inducement.
The difference is, again, Mikey revealed his Aura aganist Senju where he didn't aganist South (he did it after South was paralyzed). That's the whole point. You can see that Mikey has "Aura" in his profile. That means he induces fear into people using the Aura of his Dark Impulse (I already talked about it above). That's why Senju felt a "murderous vibe" when South simply couldn't move.
Fear is not the same for everyone, you can be scared of spiders but still being able to look at them tho there might be someone who can't even see them, I personally watch horror movies because I like being scared tho I know a lot of people who wouldn't even look at them, another example is the serial killer one I made above.

You still consider this fear as something supernatural when it's simply a normal fear which scares people instead of some kind of energy output produced by Mikey which activates your deepest fears.
I already explained how Mikey's DI was supernatural above actually. It's about the general universe of Tokyo Revengers. Also, Mikey's DI is straight up a curse that originated from the Time Leaping ability his older brother had. Like how can Dark Impulse be completely natural?

Also, both Grath and Dereck have approved Fear Manipulation, Perception Manipulation and Illusion Manipulation so I don't understand why are we even debating about Mikey's Fear Inducement being supernatural or not.

Also, both Grath and Dereck have approved Fear Manipulation, Perception Manipulation and Illusion Manipulation so I don't understand why are we even debating about Mikey's Fear Inducement being supernatural or not.
all I'm saying is that paralyze inducement derives from fear inducement/social influence, that's it

Alright, so I was shown offsite that Mikey can land attacks in such a way that he can paralyze someone while standing.

Idk what other paralysis inducement is shown here asides this.

Alright, so I was shown offsite that Mikey can land attacks in such a way that he can paralyze someone while standing.
We kinda thought that this was kind of a Fear Inducement thiny actually. This is possible as well but Dereck disagreed with it as South was already beaten down and severly injured which could've been the reason why he was frozen in place. I don't agree to that for the same reasoning as Grath though.
I don't have an issue with Paralysis Inducement. This scene evidently shows the character in question was fully active and had plenty of energy until the abrupt moment when Mikey glared into their eyes. This results in them freezing in place and no longer being able to move their body, an oddity that they comment on. I don't think it can reasonably be passed off as just being worn out - he seemingly was nowhere close to wearing out until the abrupt moment, the framing makes a clear point of focusing on the fact that Mikey is staring into his eyes, he didn't 'freeze' until Mikey looked into his eyes, he was able to stay upright despite being unable to move, and he immediately comments on the fact that he's been frozen in place and doesn't understand why. I think the implication in the scene, that Mikey has caused him to freeze in place, is quite straight-forward.

I see,

Then no matter how we slice the cake, one is for certain.

Mikey caused the paralysis.

The justification is just what is being debated on. I’ll take it up with staff on discord.

I see,

Then no matter how we slice the cake, one is for certain.

Mikey caused the paralysis.

The justification is just what is being debated on. I’ll take it up with staff on discord.
Thanks for helping out. We'll wait for staff's input to conclude the thread then.

We need at least two staff approvals for each ability to add it on the character's page right?

Nah the definition legit misses the premise of this feat completely. I wouldn't say that South felt "stuck in place" here lol. He geniunely just froze on place and he even realized it before Mikey released his Aura. This alone should prove that this Paralysis wasn't caused by his Fear Inducement at all.
Bro no, I study medicine and stuff, and I have shown interests in subjects of psychology as well.
That thing is completely normal. You will need to address if South has resistance to any kind of fear inducement or not, which itself is a very complicated thing. If not, South's personality itself would mean to get him paralyzed, you cannot hit two birds with one stone here.

Lol it doesn’t look like any staff knows what to make of that paralysis inducement feat with south. Any more?

Bro no, I study medicine and stuff, and I have shown interests in subjects of psychology as well.
That thing is completely normal. You will need to address if South has resistance to any kind of fear inducement or not, which itself is a very complicated thing. If not, South's personality itself would mean to get him paralyzed, you cannot hit two birds with one stone here.
Fear Manipulation is listed as a cause for Paralysis Inducement so Mikey having Fear Inducement doesn't make his Paralysis Inducement invalid. Also to add, South just fights when he activates his Urges. He legit doesn't think of anything but violence. I don't understand how something natural will stop him like that.

Fear Manipulation is listed as a cause for Paralysis Inducement so Mikey having Fear Inducement doesn't make his Paralysis Inducement invalid. Also to add, South just fights when he activates his Urges. He legit doesn't think of anything but violence. I don't understand how something natural will stop him like that.
Even if you were to give him Fear Inducement, it's highly inconsistent.

For starters, he didn't scare off Sanzu and Hanma.
13-3-714x1024.jpg

14-3-714x1024.jpg

15-2-714x1024.jpg

16-3-714x1024.jpg

This is pure Social Influencing and no Paralysis Inducement, it basically happened a single time with South, and that too when South was incredibly damaged and possibly even Socially Influenced. People like Chifuyu and Senju were ready to fight against Mikey's gang and Mikey, which basically means that they aren't induced with fear as well. If you give Mikey Fear Inducement, all of these will have Resistance to it, which would be like trying to give other characters an ability which they don't have just to give Mikey an ability which he himself shouldn't have.

Everytime Mikey is shown scaring someone, his Aura always appears. The Sanzu case wasn't it cuz he never revealed his Aura. I think Hanma case is Social Influence as well since he never revealed his Aura to scare him.

Fear Inducement already has 2 staff approvals and I explained how it's supernatural above. I basically agree with Grath about Mikey having Paralysis Inducement:
I don't have an issue with Paralysis Inducement. This scene evidently shows the character in question was fully active and had plenty of energy until the abrupt moment when Mikey glared into their eyes. This results in them freezing in place and no longer being able to move their body, an oddity that they comment on. I don't think it can reasonably be passed off as just being worn out - he seemingly was nowhere close to wearing out until the abrupt moment, the framing makes a clear point of focusing on the fact that Mikey is staring into his eyes, he didn't 'freeze' until Mikey looked into his eyes, he was able to stay upright despite being unable to move, and he immediately comments on the fact that he's been frozen in place and doesn't understand why. I think the implication in the scene, that Mikey has caused him to freeze in place, is quite straight-forward.

Even if you were to give him Fear Inducement, it's highly inconsistent.

For starters, he didn't scare off Sanzu and Hanma.
13-3-714x1024.jpg

14-3-714x1024.jpg

15-2-714x1024.jpg

16-3-714x1024.jpg

This is pure Social Influencing and no Paralysis Inducement, it basically happened a single time with South, and that too when South was incredibly damaged and possibly even Socially Influenced. People like Chifuyu and Senju were ready to fight against Mikey's gang and Mikey, which basically means that they aren't induced with fear as well. If you give Mikey Fear Inducement, all of these will have Resistance to it, which would be like trying to give other characters an ability which they don't have just to give Mikey an ability which he himself shouldn't have.
No.
Takemichy’s empowering social influencing allows them to fight. You can’t use this as a counter argument.

Also shouldn’t his aura be visible in the panels if you were to use Mikey’s own teammates as counter arguments?

Anyways, the thread seems to be concluded, the only thing left is paralysis inducement. It has 1 acceptance and 1 rejection, so we'd need another admin or thread mod's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back