• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Mikey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall, I agree with the premise of this thread. But there is one more ability that should have been added.

Analytical Prediction with Information Analysis:
Mikey has a supernatural intuition that manifests throughout the series. Mikey used the information he knew about his friends and accurately predicted all of their futures and the careers they would pursue. He also, when first meeting Takemichi, he was somehow able to tell that he was not a normal middle schooler, although he couldn't fully understand the true extent of Takemichi's nature asking him "who the hell are you" after recalling certain events and remained somewhat suspicious about who and what he was, even attempting to shake Takemichi's hand - due to being capable of somewhat predict future events. When Takemichi grabbed Mikey's hand in the present, traveled back 10 years into the past, the Mikey of the time was able to sense that Takemichi had time leaped once more. According to Draken, Mikey has been "looking ahead 12 years for the past 2 years" in preperation for his destined fate due to a curse of Destroying everything. He listened to Takemichi talk about his time travel without saying a word in reply while he devised a 2 year plan simultaneously to save all of his friends by using physical force to make "hate" him by brutally beating all of them to push them away to save their lives, making them "better people" which was Mikey's plan. Mikey says Takemichi coming back makes "everything he did all for nothing", confirming he prepared all events leading up to what becomes Bonten 12 years in the future

This is very similar to Dazai's Analytical Prediction/Information Analysis which says:

Knows what number Dostoevsky is thinking of, and Dostoevsky in turn predicts what number Dazai is thinking of, Predicts whole scenarios ahead of time and prepares a counter for them. He was able to predict how many bullets will a shooter shoot at him just upon the shooter's emotions, Knew the mimic minion was using his non-dominant hand just by looking on the mark on his cheek and knew he was gonna miss the shot based on his shaking even if he was in close range

I believe Mikey is also valid for Analytical Prediction with Information Analysis.

Also, this versus thread also validates Mikey's Dark Impulse ability since almost everyone apart of this thread participated in the versus thread and acknowledged it as such.

Social influencing: scared a bunch of guys making them hesitate to attack him
Seems fine.

I can't access the link, for some reason. Without any explanation as well, I can't evaluate this.

Pressure points: maybe this ? He is a master of disarticulation which I think falls under this ? Mikey also aims for places like the temple and many more things and is really precise with it
I see the line of reasoning, but we're typically more strict on what constitutes 'pressure points' for scaling purposes. Note the 'possible uses' section on the pressure points page.

Statistics amplification: he went from having his kick blocked by hanma, who has abnormal kinetic vision to getting completely blitzed and one shotted by Mikey, he also went from struggling with chrome, chonbo and kazutora to beating them up without difficulty
As a few people have noted, this is apparently due to factors already indexed on the profile, so this won't be necessary.

Rage power: was being held down by chrome and chonbo but used rage to set himself free from them (here and here)
Supernatural willpower: Overpowered Kazutora Chrome, and Chonbo after Draken, Takemichi and Rindou thought the fight was over and he lost when he was being beaten by the pipe, until Mikey is reminded of his brothers death, shocked Izana who wondered how he was "still standing" after it happened (the death of his sister and the beatings he took from Draken)
Both of these would be better listed together as just Rage Power. Without an explicitly supernatural element to it, we don't tend to give "Supernatural Willpower" to feats of endurance.

Seems fine.

The video you've linked is blocked on copyright grounds, so I can't verify anything here. Getting angry and killing another person is not grounds for Berserk Mode on its own, but it could work depending on the context. However, I can't see the context, so I can't pass this without further elaboration.

information analysis: Mikey has a supernatural intuition that manifests throughout the series. Mikey used the information he knew about his friends and accurately predicted all of their futures and the careers they would pursue. He also, when first meeting Takemichi, he was somehow able to tell that he was not a normal middle schooler, although he couldn't fully understand the true extent of Takemichi's nature asking him "who the hell are you" after recalling certain events and remained somewhat suspicious about who and what he was, even attempting to shake Takemichi's hand - due to being capable of somewhat predict future events. When Takemichi grabbed Mikey's hand in the present, traveled back 10 years into the past, the Mikey of the time was able to sense that Takemichi had time leaped once more.
Seems fine.

Seems fine. It may make the case for Enhanced Senses redundant, however.

preperation: (According to Draken, Mikey has been "looking ahead 12 years for the past 2 years" in preperation for his destined fate due to a curse of Destroying everything. He listened to Takemichi talk about his time travel without saying a word in reply while he devised a 2 year plan simultaneously to save all of his friends by using physical force to make "hate" him by brutally beating all of them to push them away to save their lives, making them "better people" which was Mikey's plan. Mikey says Takemichi coming back makes "everything he did all for nothing", confirming he prepared all events leading up to what becomes Bonten 12 years in the future)
'Preparation' is more than just the physical capacity to prepare for things. It's an ability listed when there's reason to believe that preparation can greatly increase the character's combat capabilities within a short span of time. These feats aren't really anything worth indexing under that label.

I suppose that is indeed an afterimage.

information analysis: (Figured out Takemichi was using foresight to dodge his kicks, making Takemichi think to himself how amazing Mikey is)
Seems fine. The latter part of the justification doesn't mean anything for it, though.

Illusion Creation and Perception Manipulation should be fine. Fear Manipulation is contentious - just scaring someone isn't enough to qualify for Fear Manipulation, especially in such an 'understandable' circumstance. This also isn't what we would refer to as an Aura in the indexing sense.

If it's just a matter of the fact that Takemichi's visions don't work on someone going over a certain speed, and he 'resisted' those visions by being too fast for them, this wouldn't be Resistance of Analytical Prediction. It's a limitation of the form of Analytical Prediction used on him, not an ability he has himself.

Potentially dura neg via pressure points
You'll need to source some example of him negating durability for this to pass.

I can't access the link, for some reason. Without any explanation as well, I can't evaluate this.
Fixed it.
I see the line of reasoning, but we're typically more strict on what constitutes 'pressure points' for scaling purposes. Note the 'possible uses' section on the pressure points page.
Yeah I understand, although I think it falls under one thing "Cause unbearable pain to the enemy"
As a few people have noted, this is apparently due to factors already indexed on the profile, so this won't be necessary.
I see
Both of these would be better listed together as just Rage Power. Without an explicitly supernatural element to it, we don't tend to give "Supernatural Willpower" to feats of endurance.
He was brutally beaten by a metal pipe and walked it off, but if you think that rage power is fine for both Its fine I guess, although I do think it falls under Supernatural Willpower since no human is capable of walking off multiple hits from a metal pipe and then going on to beat a person to death while simultaneously blitzing somebody stated to have insane Kinetic visual speed, hopefully that is good enough
The video you've linked is blocked on copyright grounds, so I can't verify anything here. Getting angry and killing another person is not grounds for Berserk Mode on its own, but it could work depending on the context. However, I can't see the context, so I can't pass this without further elaboration.
Made a mistake on this one anyway
'Preparation' is more than just the physical capacity to prepare for things. It's an ability listed when there's reason to believe that preparation can greatly increase the character's combat capabilities within a short span of time. These feats aren't really anything worth indexing under that label.
That makes sense
Illusion Creation and Perception Manipulation should be fine. Fear Manipulation is contentious - just scaring someone isn't enough to qualify for Fear Manipulation, especially in such an 'understandable' circumstance. This also isn't what we would refer to as an Aura in the indexing sense.
Oh okay, the fear manipulation being declined is fine, Its controversal and I know more evidence is required for it
If it's just a matter of the fact that Takemichi's visions don't work on someone going over a certain speed, and he 'resisted' those visions by being too fast for them, this wouldn't be Resistance of Analytical Prediction. It's a limitation of the form of Analytical Prediction used on him, not an ability he has himself.
Hmm, basically Takemichi can see into the future and see what move Mikey is going to do but Mikey realises this and increases his sped to the point where the visions still work I think but Mikey is just coming faster or something like that, rejection is fine I suppose
You'll need to source some example of him negating durability for this to pass.
Well, Takemichi Hanagaki won't get damaged by punches (he will but is capable of just tanking them and walking off) he has the best durability in the series and has tanked gun shot wounds and continued fighting like its nothing, got shot in the chest and then went on to catch a falling person from a building with one hand, survived 2 car explosions in a row and walked it off, has taken multiple brutal beatings and walked them off but when Mikey used disarticulation on him breaking his arm he was fully damaged even though he was tanking Mikey's kicks which Is why I think its fair

I suppose that is indeed an afterimage.
Don't we count these as motion blurs for the effect? Similarities can be found here where a gun recoil is seen to be able to create an afterimage and I am pretty sure gun recoils don't create afterimages. I don't know though.

Don't we count these as motion blurs for the effect? Similarities can be found here where a gun recoil is seen to be able to create an afterimage and I am pretty sure gun recoils don't create afterimages. I don't know though.
It's fiction... Mikey's after image was clearly an after Image I do not understand how you have a problem with it

Fixed it.
Gotcha. Admittedly, even with the scan on hand, I can't really tell what's happening in the scene. Could you elaborate on the 'Aura'?

Yeah I understand, although I think it falls under one thing "Cause unbearable pain to the enemy"
Fair enough. I suppose I don't mind indexing it, though it's fairly niche.

He was brutally beaten by a metal pipe and walked it off, but if you think that rage power is fine for both Its fine I guess, although I do think it falls under Supernatural Willpower since no human is capable of walking off multiple hits from a metal pipe and then going on to beat a person to death while simultaneously blitzing somebody stated to have insane Kinetic visual speed, hopefully that is good enough
It's more a concern with the fact that there's no explicitly supernatural source - it's just inferred as such from being more than what a human should be capable of. I don't believe we index Supernatural Willpower on the basis of such inferences without more concrete evidence, but if you can point to other profiles as a precedent for it, this might be alright.

Well, Takemichi Hanagaki won't get damaged by punches (he will but is capable of just tanking them and walking off) he has the best durability in the series and has tanked gun shot wounds and continued fighting like its nothing, got shot in the chest and then went on to catch a falling person from a building with one hand, survived 2 car explosions in a row and walked it off, has taken multiple brutal beatings and walked them off but when Mikey used disarticulation on him breaking his arm he was fully damaged even though he was tanking Mikey's kicks which Is why I think its fair
I see. Could you provide any scans for those scenes?

To be frank, I don't recall exactly where we draw the line between what can and can't be considered an afterimage. The page doesn't imply anything special about it - it just suggests that the ability to make an afterimage appear is enough - but it's possible other threads have used stricter standards. I don't really mind just calling a spade a spade and saying they made an afterimage, therefore they should have Afterimage Creation.

It's fiction... Mikey's after image was clearly an after Image I do not understand how you have a problem with it
Mangakas use such effects to show initial and finals for some scenes. If Mikey is consistently doing it, then I don't think there's any problem, but here there is, he doesn't consistently do so in the final arc, where he is supposed to be a lot faster. But let's see what DarkGrath has to say about this one.

Gotcha. Admittedly, even with the scan on hand, I can't really tell what's happening in the scene. Could you elaborate on the 'Aura'?
Mikey's dark impulses are leaking out after he tore somebody's mouth out after pure anger
Fair enough. I suppose I don't mind indexing it, though it's fairly niche.
Thank's
It's more a concern with the fact that there's no explicitly supernatural source - it's just inferred as such from being more than what a human should be capable of. I don't believe we index Supernatural Willpower on the basis of such inferences without more concrete evidence, but if you can point to other profiles as a precedent for it, this might be alright.
Thanks
I see. Could you provide any scans for those scenes?
Yes I will.
Takemichi tanks 2 explosions
Takemichi tanking gun shot wounds and running after and fighting after (the scene is long but in the following chapters he is seen to run and fight with Kisaki
Takemichi tanking beatdowns and still fighting
Another brutal beat down (this is before he gets shot so he keeps fighting)
Catching Mikey after being beaten and shot three times including in the chest
another beat down (he was also hit with a bat on multiple occasions and got beaten on by like 6 people but still walked off although limping)
got stabbed through his hand but played it off to fight
these are just some, hes done more, and is considered the most durable in tokyo revengers, but Mikey disarticulated his arm (and put him down for longer then anything else in the series)

Appreciate the feedback on the thread, I just went to the pressure points possible uses blog, and Mikey should be valid since he paralyzed Terano South after their exchange, which would also make Mikey have paralysis inducement via pressure points(which he had before but was apart of a huge downplay thread which is why this even had to be created) South has a kind of weird fetish for violence and having a brutal "in rhythm" fight which I would guess "I hit you, you respond" type of thing. He was pissed Takemichi stopped the fight, but couldnt move his body to continue fighting, which is when I believe the trauma to his pressure points shut off his nerves completely leading to Mikey killing him.
Here is Mikey going berserk multiple times. Blitzed allies, and enemies making his former underling state "Is that really Mikey". While talking to Takemichi says he can feel himself about to go berserk, then did this. although he already has the berserk mode ability and rage power.
Seems fine. It may make the case for Enhanced Senses redundant, however.
Mikey already has enhanced hearing ability on his profile from this feat, so if it makes it redundant I would just refer to this for justification for enhanced senses

I thought scaring a person through supernatural means is the lowest form of Fear manip? Kakucho was punching Mikey nonstop before he felt the fear. Imo I'm kind of confused about this ability after reading the different types which state:

--Fear Inducement: The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity.--

Reply: Isn't this valid what he did here, here, here and here
This sounds logical, since Takemichi says his visions happen "a second" before Mikey attempts to throw his kick. Can that be converted into a multiplier number?

Last edited:
Appreciate the feedback on the thread, I just went to the pressure points possible uses, and Mikey should be valid since he paralyzed Terano South after their exchange. South has a kind of weird fetish for violence and having a brutal "in rythem" fight which I would guess "I hit you, you respond" type of thing. He was pissed Takemichi stopped the fight, but couldnt move his body to continue fighting, which is when I believe the trauma to his pressure points shut off his nerves completely.
The South justification is much better, I'm only iffy about that because it's more a matter he kick very hard South's elbow and it's something for some reason Mikey doesn't spam when it could help him a lot but I guess is imply because he can finish most of the fight with a single kick.

Shouldn't it be rated with Pressure point and Paralysis Inducement? Paralysis Inducement says:

The ability to prevent one's opponent from coordinating their movements or stopping their movements completely.

Google defines paralysis in the following manner:

"The loss of the ability to move (and sometimes to feel anything) in part or most of the body, typically as a result of illness, poison, or injury."

Which actually fits this.
Here is Mikey going berserk multiple times. Blitzed allies, and enemies making his former underling state "Is that really Mikey". While talking to Takemichi says he can feel himself about to go berserk, then did this. although he already has the berserk mode ability and rage power.
Berserk mode is already under the Dark Impulses section on his profile, why are we discussing it?
I thought scaring a person through supernatural means is the lowest form of Fear manip? Kakucho was punching Mikey nonstop before he felt the fear. Imo I'm kind of confused about this ability after reading the different types which state:

--Fear Inducement: The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity.--

Reply: Isn't this valid what he did here, here, here and herehttps://imgur.com/gallery/brQWBF5
Yeah but we don't know if Mikey scares people just because he makes a scary face or because people outright see the dark aurea behind Mikey as no one actually comments it and it's weird, I'm more for social influence which would be scare someone by making an angry face.
This sounds logical, since Takemichi says his visions happen "a second" before Mikey attempts to throw his kick. Can that be converted into a multiplier number?
We can't make multiplier this way, I tried to put DI as a x2 multiplier tho it's against the rule, we need a statement for that.

The South justification is much better,
I think these justifications should also be enough to get Mikey pressure points as well btw. Paralysing South with pressure points is probably fine too.
Yeah but we don't know if Mikey scares people just because he makes a scary face or because people outright see the dark aurea behind Mikey as no one actually comments it and it's weird, I'm more for social influence which would be scare someone by making an angry face.
Takemichi stated that Mikey's eyes literally change when he activates his DI (Senju already states this here too) which proves Mikey pretty much induces fear into people with his Aura through eye contact. Another thing which will prove my point is how Mikey with Suppressed DI (He was able to partially resist it in the earlier arcs) couldn't scare Hanma because either he didn't make direct eye contact with him or just couldn't release his Aura yet as his DI wasn't strong enough yet. Here is Mikey making Hanma tremble in fear with a direct eye contact and stronger DI compared to before.

One more thing worth mentioning is how South on Urges never got scared from Mikey's Aura even though they probably made eye contact so that's a possible Resistance to Fear Inducement ability?
We can't make multiplier this way, I tried to put DI as a x2 multiplier tho it's against the rule, we need a statement for that.
I think he meant getting a multiplier about outspeeding characters with Future Vision. Like a general one.

I think these justifications should also be enough to get Mikey pressure points as well btw. Paralysing South with pressure points is probably fine too.
The point is that Mikey doesn't rely on anything like that when he fight, Mikey simply aims for the head, Mikey kicks rely a lot more on pure strength and speed, if we account for his kicks to instant Ko due to pressure point it kinda loses the narrative of the kick, there is a reason why his kick are called "nuclear kick" and not "super precise kick", tho the fact that with those kick he can outright break joints is fine for a Paralysis Inducement more then something that rely on precision.
Takemichi stated that Mikey's eyes literally change when he activates his DI (Senju already states this here too) which proves Mikey pretty much induces fear into people with his Aura through eye contact. Another thing which will prove my point is how Mikey with Suppressed DI (He was able to partially resist it in the earlier arcs) couldn't scare Hanma because either he didn't make direct eye contact with him or just couldn't release his Aura yet as his DI wasn't strong enough yet. Here is Mikey making Hanma tremble in fear with a direct eye contact and stronger DI compared to before.
Mh, ok, is literally still because Mikey makes a scary face, Mikey outright becomes a serial killer when DI are active, they are scared due to that and that's what they are referring to when they say "another person", social influence is better imo.
One more thing worth mentioning is how South on Urges never got scared from Mikey's Aura even though they probably made eye contact so that's a possible Resistance to Fear Inducement ability?
Mh no, and that kinda proves it's only social influence, if DI would be an hax that literally scares you in a supernatural way it wouldn't make sense people can somehow resist to it, if we account for it to be social influence instead it's fine if people don't get scary since it's more a subjective thing if someone gets scared this way.
I think he meant getting a multiplier about outspeeding characters with Future Vision. Like a general one.
you literally can only account for the kick to blitz Take as it would play this way, when the vision finish Take has to react to it but the kick is too fast for him to properly react, tho imo is weird by default what's happen there because Mikey should be able to blitz Takemichi in his base form, let alone DI, even the aim dodge part is weird, if you think about it Mikey being massively faster than Take should be able to change the kick in time but he still can't, what I'm trying to say is that we should account for this only as reactive power and nothing more as the context presents Mikey to constantly increase his speed and that's it, if you go too deep into it you will find a lot of PSI only in this part, so just account for an "higher" and reactive power which he already has.

The point is that Mikey doesn't rely on anything like that when he fight, Mikey simply aims for the head, Mikey kicks rely a lot more on pure strength and speed, if we account for his kicks to instant Ko due to pressure point it kinda loses the narrative of the kick, there is a reason why his kick are called "nuclear kick" and not "super precise kick", tho the fact that with those kick he can outright break joints is fine for a Paralysis Inducement more then something that rely on precision.
I mean he's stated to be a genius martial artist which would make his kicks precise either way. Also, Mikey aiming for the vital spots doesn't really make the "Strong" narrative invalid as pressure points only "cause unbearable pain". TR characters have really good pain ressistence to just causing them unbearable physical pain wouldn't be enough to knock them out. Mikey has to rely on his AP to put the enemies down but also has really good precision with his kicks.
Mh, ok, is literally still because Mikey makes a scary face, Mikey outright becomes a serial killer when DI are active, they are scared due to that and that's what they are referring to when they say "another person", social influence is better imo.
That argument kinda got countered here:
Another thing which will prove my point is how Mikey with Suppressed DI (He was able to partially resist it in the earlier arcs) couldn't scare Hanma because either he didn't make direct eye contact with him or just couldn't release his Aura yet as his DI wasn't strong enough yet. Here is Mikey making Hanma tremble in fear with a direct eye contact and stronger DI compared to before.
Mh no, and that kinda proves it's only social influence, if DI would be an hax that literally scares you in a supernatural way it wouldn't make sense people can somehow resist to it, if we account for it to be social influence instead it's fine if people don't get scary since it's more a subjective thing if someone gets scared this way.
South's Urges is a supernatural thing as well. The only characters with supernatural hax in this series are Mikey, Takemichi and South lol. It wouldn't make Mikey's Aura invalid for South to resist Mikey's supernatural Aura.
you literally can only account for the kick to blitz Take as it would play this way, when the vision finish Take has to react to it but the kick is too fast for him to properly react, tho imo is weird by default what's happen there because Mikey should be able to blitz Takemichi in his base form, let alone DI, even the aim dodge part is weird, if you think about it Mikey being massively faster than Take should be able to change the kick in time but he still can't, what I'm trying to say is that we should account for this only as reactive power and nothing more as the context presents Mikey to constantly increase his speed and that's it, if you go too deep into it you will find a lot of PSI only in this part, so just account for an "higher" and reactive power which he already has.
That's fine. It wasn't even my idea in the first place lol.

The point is that Mikey doesn't rely on anything like that when he fight, Mikey simply aims for the head, Mikey kicks rely a lot more on pure strength and speed,
We cant say all of his kicks are pure strength based when 95% of the time he is kicking a pressure point with thise kicks. Yes he has the speed to land them but against Kazutora he didnt knock him out easily with punches, like he did when he kicked him(while someone was even holding him down which would slow down the speed and power the kick generated)
if we account for his kicks to instant Ko due to pressure point it kinda loses the narrative of the kick, there is a reason why his kick are called "nuclear kick" and not "super precise kick",
Nuclear kick is just a nickname they gave his kicks. It doesnt lose the narrative because actions speak louder than words, which is what is shown to he done every time he throws the kick and also has training methods to showcase the precision he has, which is what bottle top kicking in MMA is used for, also when his punches repeatedly show to not be as powerful
tho the fact that with those kick he can outright break joints is fine for a Paralysis Inducement more then something that rely on precision.
Mikey uses precision with every kick he throws he doesnt just wildly throws kicks he aims for pressure points which is why Takemichi has this type of reaction when mikey kicked his ear and temple rather than this one when mikey just attacks
Being scared because of murderous intent is what having fear induced into you means.
Mh no, and that kinda proves it's only social influence, if DI would be an hax that literally scares you in a supernatural way it wouldn't make sense people can somehow resist to it,
Takemichi resisted fear inducement here
you literally can only account for the kick to blitz Take as it would play this way, when the vision finish Take has to react to it but the kick is too fast for him to properly react,
He was reacting perfectly fine before Mikey boosted his speed. Thats why Takemichi said "is he getting faster" . Its reactory
tho imo is weird by default what's happen there because Mikey should be able to blitz Takemichi in his base form,
Mikey cannot blitz him when he can see his moves a second before he does it
let alone DI,
Base doesnt have reactive power, DI does.

I mean he's stated to be a genius martial artist which would make his kicks precise either way. Also, Mikey aiming for the vital spots doesn't really make the "Strong" narrative invalid as pressure points only "cause unbearable pain". TR characters have really good pain ressistence to just causing them unbearable physical pain wouldn't be enough to knock them out. Mikey has to rely on his AP to put the enemies down but also has really good precision with his kicks.
Genius doesn't necessary mean he is absurdly precise to the point he will always hit pressure points especially when, in fact, he never hit, is there even a single instance where Mikey instead of his nuclear kicks used a precise kick to hit a vital point?
That argument kinda got countered here:

South's Urges is a supernatural thing as well. The only characters with supernatural hax in this series are Mikey, Takemichi and South lol. It wouldn't make Mikey's Aura invalid for South to resist Mikey's supernatural Aura.
The point is that I don't think the scans 100% proves what he did is due to DI and not because he looks scary, that's it.
We cant say all of his kicks are pure strength based when 95% of the time he is kicking a pressure point with thise kicks. Yes he has the speed to land them but against Kazutora he didnt knock him out easily with punches, like he did when he kicked him(while someone was even holding him down which would slow down the speed and power the kick generated)
So are you telling me he needs to rely on vital points were his kicks are able to one shot (almost) anyone and he still doesn't use pressure point against dudes he can't one shots like Hanma and Takemichi.
Nuclear kick is just a nickname they gave his kicks. It doesnt lose the narrative because actions speak louder than words, which is what is shown to he done every time he throws the kick and also has training methods to showcase the precision he has, which is what bottle top kicking in MMA is used for, also when his punches repeatedly show to not be as powerful
Yeah I know he can do that thing, is still extremely different than being able to hit pressure points in a fight against a target who constantly move and again, if he is able to hit vital points, why he doesn't against people he can't one shot normally? Against Hanma in the first fight he needed to close the fight as soon as possible in order to reach Takemichi who was trying to save Draken who was going to die, if he oculd use pressure point due his precision he would have, still he didn't while his intent was to end the fight as soon as possible.
Mikey uses precision with every kick he throws he doesnt just wildly throws kicks he aims for pressure points which is why Takemichi has this type of reaction when mikey kicked his ear and temple rather than this one when mikey just attacks
They are simple kick aimed at the head and nothing more.
Being scared because of murderous intent is what having fear induced into you means.
yeah but by due to social influence and not a supernatural way, that's what I'm saying, a thread mode already debunked this in another thread.
Takemichi resisted fear inducement here
Yeah, again, people who can literally resist to this "supernatural fear inducement" makes me thinks is simply Mikey making a scary face.
He was reacting perfectly fine before Mikey boosted his speed. Thats why Takemichi said "is he getting faster" . Its reactory

Mikey cannot blitz him when he can see his moves a second before he does it

Base doesnt have reactive power, DI does.
Mh ok, and? I said something else, regardless, you won't find any kind of multiplier from there.

Also, @DarkGrath , isn't being able to dislocate joints with special techniques count as Durability Negation? The character book confirms that Mikey knows a technique called "Disarticulation" (check out the Special Skills part of Mikey's wiki profile) which he uses aganist Takemichi and South as well. For reference, this feat is regarded as a Durability Negation feat which is quite similar to what Mikey does.

Honestly I'm pretty sure that "disarticulation" in the character book only refers to the fact that Mikey "doesn't have hips" in terms of flexibility and not a technique he uses like Uruma's one, against Take and South he simply broke the joints/bone by kicking them, especially against Takemichi Mikey doesn't even target the elbow but simply broke the bone, like, i can do the same exact thing f I would have street ap, what am I referring at when I talk about his own flexibiliy is this, Mikey is lterally looking in front with his leg completely turned, you can't do that even with a godlike flexibility but you need to have something "wrong" in the hips, this same flexibility is the one which allows him to perform his kicks.

EDIT: especially when in the entire manga is never explained that sort of technique and the character book is quite vague about it as it doesn't provide details.

Even here, you can't turn your leg that much by standing in that position with the upper body, its' outright impossible unless your hips are flexible in an absurd degree.
My thoughts remain the same tho.

So are you telling me he needs to rely on vital points were his kicks are able to one shot (almost) anyone and he still doesn't use pressure point against dudes he can't one shots like Hanma and Takemichi.
No. He doesn't have to rely on it as its shown when be blitzed everyone he shows he can one shot with kicks and punches. That is not why he uses it. He uses it because that is what he was trained to use. Most prodigy martial artist do whats natural to them and what they were taught. Martial artist are taught to attack weak points. Mikey just doesn't pick and chooses who he does it do. He just wanted to knock Kazutora quickly so he kicked him in the temple knowing it would knock him out in one shot.
Yeah I know he can do that thing, is still extremely different than being able to hit pressure points in a fight against a target who constantly move
Lol thats not the point of the training. Its to showcase you can attack a small area with the precision to remove the top of it. It doesnt have anything to do with moving or standing still, thats not the point of the training. Punching bags arent moving yet boxing hit them more than anything. Because the training is not to showcase moving targets. There are different training exercises for different things. Baji trainins in Mikeys dojo yet probably cant do that because he isn't as precise and talented as him.
and again, if he is able to hit vital points, why he doesn't against people he can't one shot normally?
he did it to Taiju shiba when he kicked his chin, when he got serious against Izana he knocked him out with 1 kick to the temple even though people think he scales to Mikey and hit Mikey far more times while Mikey wasn't 100% fighting Draken before hand
Against Hanma in the first fight he needed to close the fight as soon as possible in order to reach Takemichi who was trying to save Draken who was going to die, if he oculd use pressure point due his precision he would have, still he didn't while his intent was to end the fight as soon as possible.
He told Takemichi to handle it and we see in the next fight Mikey wanted to end Bloody Halloween and easily knocked Hanma out with a pressure point kick. That proves my point bro
They are simple kick aimed at the head and nothing more.
Then why is he kicking the same exact spots? Yet no one else Wakui draws close ups of their attacks that detailed. That isn't consistent with the fights, wakui didnt even do this for Izana kicks
yeah but by due to social influence and not a supernatural way, that's what I'm saying, a thread mode already debunked this in another thread.
How is it not supernatural when he already has an ability for scaring kakucho via aura which is supernatural? More Inconsistencies

My thoughts remain the same tho.
Disarticulation is another word for dislocation of a joint, in martial arts its called luxation. Not having hips? Thats wild lol it was never even joked about or hinted at in the manga to even create an assumption that out of left field

Last edited:
yo chill

Anyway, against Hanma and "he cold blitz anybody" he was in DI, he has boosted, it doesn't matter, I'm talking about against Hanma when he was in base, he didn't finish the fight soon when, if he would have had pressure points, he could have finish it very quickly and that's it, I don't think your ponts really adress anything, so I'll kepp asking why he didn't pressure point Hanma when he could, for anything else I would just repeat myself.

yo chill

Anyway, against Hanma and "he cold blitz anybody" he was in DI, he has boosted, it doesn't matter, I'm talking about against Hanma when he was in base, he didn't finish the fight soon when, if he would have had pressure points, he could have finish it very quickly and that's it, I don't think your ponts really adress anything, so I'll kepp asking why he didn't pressure point Hanma when he could, for anything else I would just repeat myself.
You lack knowledge, I'll reply to this after I completing the game I'm playing right now and upgrading my weapons.

I'll be back soon.

Anyway, against Hanma and "he cold blitz anybody" he was in DI, he has boosted, it doesn't matter, I'm talking about against Hanma when he was in base, he didn't finish the fight soon when, if he would have had pressure points, he could have finish it very quickly and that's it,
He did but you can see how Hanma and Mikey were comparable in their fight speed wise. Hanma can react to Mikey's kicks in that fight so that's why Mikey couldn't hit the spots he wanted. And like we said, Mikey's pressure points only cause unbearable pain. Hanma is a character who casually laughs off pain. You can't knock out a character like that with only Pressure points. Also, Deku's point still stands:
He told Takemichi to handle it
Mikey trusts Takemichi. He was even laughing at the end of the fight which isn't something you do when you think your friend can die anytime.

He did but you can see how Hanma and Mikey were comparable in their fight speed wise. Hanma can react to Mikey's kicks in that fight so that's why Mikey couldn't hit the spots he wanted. And like we said, Mikey's pressure points only cause unbearable pain. Hanma is a character who casually laughs off pain. You can't knock out a character like that with only Pressure points. Also, Deku's point still stands:
When is stated that they only cause pain? aren't the ones you suggest Ko points?
Mikey trusts Takemichi. He was even laughing at the end of the fight which isn't something you do when you think your friend can die anytime.
Nah dude, Mikey literally cried saying "Ken-chin don't make me wonder like this again" or something like that, that point is wrong, Mikey was ******** in his pants knowing Draken could die.

Anyway, against Hanma and "he cold blitz anybody" he was in DI, he has boosted, it doesn't matter, I'm talking about against Hanma when he was in base, he didn't finish the fight soon when, if he would have had pressure points, he could have finish it very quickly and that's it,
Hanma's character sheet states "he has great kinetic he can not be caught off guard by any physical attack(mikey is inhuman)" Mikey could not hit him directly which is why he did not end the fight like he wanted to. Wakui called Mikey inhuman because he used statistics amp to boost his speed in base to kick someone directly who should not be caught off guard(he was still smiling when he got kicked proving he was caught off guard) even though Hanma was the one who stopped him and was fully prepared to fight. Which further proves my point.

Last edited:
When is stated that they only cause pain? aren't the ones you suggest Ko points?
We talked about it with Dark above and he accepted it. Also, those are vital points lol. Not instant KO points. Mikey knocks down his opponents with AP but still precise enough to hit their pressure points as well cuz he is a genius martial artist. Mikey would still deal significant damage on opponents that can tank his hits via pressure points (like when he made Takemichi's vision blurry and made his ears bleed causing his hearing to be messed up even though he could tank his kicks).
Nah dude, Mikey literally cried saying "Ken-chin don't make me wonder like this again" or something like that, that point is wrong, Mikey was ******** in his pants knowing Draken could die.
That's after he heard that Draken was in critical condition. You can see how his attitude changed after he left Draken to Takemichi cuz he legit trusts him lmao. Also, this doesn't disprove my point about Mikey taking the fight slowly and even laughing when he believed that Draken could have died in any moment (according to you).

These are the points I presented above as well but it was ignored lmao.

We talked about it with Dark above and he accepted it. Also, those are vital points lol. Not instant KO points.
oh, I guess I misunderstood it, I'm still iffy but this works better I guess, my apologizes
That's after he heard that Draken was in critical condition. You can see how his attitude changed after he left Draken to Takemichi cuz he legit trusts him lmao. Also, this doesn't disprove my point about Mikey taking the fight slowly and even laughing when he believed that Draken could have died in any moment (according to you).
I don't remember him laughing but I guess we no longer need to discuss this.

We talked about it with Dark above and he accepted it. Also, those are vital points lol. Not instant KO points. Mikey knocks down his opponents with AP but still precise enough to hit their pressure points as well cuz he is a genius martial artist.
Even though I hate it when people consider Mikey a genius martial artist off some gifted level statements, being a gifted martial artist doesn't make you a person who targets pressure points. Pressure points should be when the attacks are described as light attacks and not heavy ones and are not dependent on AP for obvious reasons. Targeting the head is a clearly normal thing for a kick so why are we keeping it like that bruh?

oh, I guess I misunderstood it, I'm still iffy but this works better I guess, my apologizes
No problem.
Even though I hate it when people consider Mikey a genius martial artist off some gifted level statements,
The statement is pretty straight forward. Not sure why we debating about that.
being a gifted martial artist doesn't make you a person who targets pressure points.
Martial artists in general target pressure points let alone gifted martial artists lol. I think you missed this.
when the attacks are described as light attacks and not heavy ones and are not dependent on AP for obvious reasons.
No? IRL boxers and other martial artists target vital points as well and perform very hard hits on those areas as well. Hitting pressure points isn't about AP, it's about precision. Mikey is a genius level martial artist (gifted would work as well) and he should be precise enough to target those points.
Targeting the head is a clearly normal thing for a kick so why are we keeping it like that bruh?
I think you missed this.

The statement is pretty straight forward. Not sure why we debating about that.
Saying that someone is a prodigy puts them at "Gifted" at beast, "Above Average" for most of the cases, unless you are Ichika and have your genius proven and have a literal monologue on your name.
Martial artists in general target pressure points let alone gifted martial artists lol. I think you missed this.

No? IRL boxers and other martial artists target vital points as well and perform very hard hits on those areas as well. Hitting pressure points isn't about AP, it's about precision. Mikey is a genius level martial artist (gifted would work as well) and he should be precise enough to target those points.
He isn't precise about hitting those points, it isn't like he's doing like attacks without any pressure behind them either. Pressure points would be applicable when it's kind of clear that he wouldn't knock out them through his AP advantage, such stuff, though, can be avoided when there are better reasons, such as this character making a character unconscious just upon a light chop. Secondly, most of this stuff is what anyone would target in a fight. Kazutora stabbed Baji to the abdomen so that doesn't mean he used pressure points knowledge and stabbed his weak point, I mean, it's pretty clear that a person has more chances of dying if it happens like that.
Pressure points would genuinely be when Mikey attacks with a light attack and the opponents are still experiencing "pain" because these attacks are pretty much the things which you would do to a normal person as well and that person would pretty much fall unconscious as well. Pressure points is attacking vital points but with precision, attack with more pressure doesn't give that precision point but it just increases the area of attack and thus, the pressure, so I am pretty sure it doesn't count as pressure points but just him targeting some vital points.

Saying that someone is a prodigy puts them at "Gifted" at beast, "Above Average" for most of the cases, unless you are Ichika and have your genius proven and have a literal monologue on your name.
Ah I wonder what is a synonym for the word "prodigy"
He isn't precise about hitting those points,
Wdym? He is mostly shown attacking those areas casually. I even sent scans of him attacking vital points many times.
it isn't like he's doing like attacks without any pressure behind them either.
I already answered this. Also, logically speaking, you can't knock someone out even if you hit their vital points without any power behind them lol.
Pressure points would be applicable when it's kind of clear that he wouldn't knock out them through his AP advantage, such stuff, though, can be avoided when there are better reasons, such as this character making a character unconscious just upon a light chop.
The offical pressure points page doesn't state a rule like this so no. Mikey hits pressure points in his fights and is precise enough to hit their vital points and is skilled enough for his kicks to have power behind them too (which just proves my point about Mikey being a genius martial artist)
Secondly, most of this stuff is what anyone would target in a fight. Kazutora stabbed Baji to the abdomen so that doesn't mean he used pressure points knowledge and stabbed his weak point, I mean, it's pretty clear that a person has more chances of dying if it happens like that.
What? Knifes have Piercing Damage and even Limited Durability Negation because they can just pierce through your skin and stab you in your internal organs. That has nothing to do with Pressure points at all.
but just him targeting some vital points.
All that writing just to get back to my point. Yeah. Mikey targets vital points which should give him the ability Pressure Points on his profile. Thanks.

Overall, I agree with the premise of this thread. But there is one more ability that should have been added.

Analytical Prediction with Information Analysis:
Mikey has a supernatural intuition that manifests throughout the series. Mikey used the information he knew about his friends and accurately predicted all of their futures and the careers they would pursue. He also, when first meeting Takemichi, he was somehow able to tell that he was not a normal middle schooler, although he couldn't fully understand the true extent of Takemichi's nature asking him "who the hell are you" after recalling certain events and remained somewhat suspicious about who and what he was, even attempting to shake Takemichi's hand - due to being capable of somewhat predict future events. When Takemichi grabbed Mikey's hand in the present, traveled back 10 years into the past, the Mikey of the time was able to sense that Takemichi had time leaped once more. According to Draken, Mikey has been "looking ahead 12 years for the past 2 years" in preperation for his destined fate due to a curse of Destroying everything. He listened to Takemichi talk about his time travel without saying a word in reply while he devised a 2 year plan simultaneously to save all of his friends by using physical force to make "hate" him by brutally beating all of them to push them away to save their lives, making them "better people" which was Mikey's plan. Mikey says Takemichi coming back makes "everything he did all for nothing", confirming he prepared all events leading up to what becomes Bonten 12 years in the future

This is very similar to Dazai's Analytical Prediction/Information Analysis which says:

Knows what number Dostoevsky is thinking of, and Dostoevsky in turn predicts what number Dazai is thinking of, Predicts whole scenarios ahead of time and prepares a counter for them. He was able to predict how many bullets will a shooter shoot at him just upon the shooter's emotions, Knew the mimic minion was using his non-dominant hand just by looking on the mark on his cheek and knew he was gonna miss the shot based on his shaking even if he was in close range

I believe Mikey is also valid for Analytical Prediction with Information Analysis.

Also, this versus thread also validates Mikey's Dark Impulse ability since almost everyone apart of this thread participated in the versus thread and acknowledged it as such.
That isn't analytical prediction or information analysis, the time travel things are feats for extrasensory perception while the accurately predicting his friends careers and his plan to save them is just an intelligence feat. There seem to be something that fit more the information analysis from what I saw after a glance to the thread, so that is fine with that scan.

Also, the don't know why bringing Danzai feats, I suppose because @RoggerReggor have it as picture? But anyways, those feats of Danzai are completely different to everything you listed, so there is no point mentioning them.

And versus threads can't be used to validate abilities.

That isn't analytical prediction or information analysis, the time travel things are feats for extrasensory perception while the accurately predicting his friends careers and his plan to save them is just an intelligence feat. There seem to be something that fit more the information analysis from what I saw after a glance to the thread, so that is fine with that scan.
Your scans say that Mikey is saying "Can you predict the future?", doesn't this basically mean that he is not sure if Takemichi is analytically predicting his attacks? Secondly, given the amount of information, such as him dodging before Mikey was even acting, this is really an easy conclusion to come to, that your opponent is predicting the future somehow. I believe this is just simple battle IQ and not some complex Information Analysis, as it already contradicts the fact that Mikey is not dependent on his strategical thinking and information in a battle.
Also, the don't know why bringing Danzai feats, I suppose because @RoggerReggor have it as picture? But anyways, those feats of Danzai are completely different to everything you listed, so there is no point mentioning them.
Exactly, Dazai is a confirmed fighter with actual strategical thinking during battles, I don't know though.

Your scans say that Mikey is saying "Can you predict the future?", doesn't this basically mean that he is not sure if Takemichi is analytically predicting his attacks? Secondly, given the amount of information, such as him dodging before Mikey was even acting, this is really an easy conclusion to come to, that your opponent is predicting the future somehow. I believe this is just simple battle IQ and not some complex Information Analysis, as it already contradicts the fact that Mikey is not dependent on his strategical thinking and information in a battle.
I mean, I see it as an intelligence feat, but it can still count as information analysis, a limited one yes but regardless.

I mean, I see it as an intelligence feat, but it can still count as information analysis, a limited one yes but regardless.
Something like "Limited Information Analysis"? Given that he almost knew everything about it and had to just reach to a one possible conclusion, even that seems a lot but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back