• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small Mikey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to close this quickly since I have another thread planned and want to post it soon, as soon as dark grath responds I'm hoping the debating can be finished up quickly

Mikey's dark impulses are leaking out after he tore somebody's mouth out after pure anger

Thank's

Thanks

Yes I will.
Takemichi tanks 2 explosions
Takemichi tanking gun shot wounds and running after and fighting after (the scene is long but in the following chapters he is seen to run and fight with Kisaki
Takemichi tanking beatdowns and still fighting
Another brutal beat down (this is before he gets shot so he keeps fighting)
Catching Mikey after being beaten and shot three times including in the chest
another beat down (he was also hit with a bat on multiple occasions and got beaten on by like 6 people but still walked off although limping)
got stabbed through his hand but played it off to fight
these are just some, hes done more, and is considered the most durable in tokyo revengers, but Mikey disarticulated his arm (and put him down for longer then anything else in the series)
important notes for replies for darkgrath
Appreciate the feedback on the thread, I just went to the pressure points possible uses blog, and Mikey should be valid since he paralyzed Terano South after their exchange, which would also make Mikey have paralysis inducement via pressure points(which he had before but was apart of a huge downplay thread which is why this even had to be created) South has a kind of weird fetish for violence and having a brutal "in rhythm" fight which I would guess "I hit you, you respond" type of thing. He was pissed Takemichi stopped the fight, but couldnt move his body to continue fighting, which is when I believe the trauma to his pressure points shut off his nerves completely leading to Mikey killing him.

Here is Mikey going berserk multiple times. Blitzed allies, and enemies making his former underling state "Is that really Mikey". While talking to Takemichi says he can feel himself about to go berserk, then did this. although he already has the berserk mode ability and rage power.

Mikey already has enhanced hearing ability on his profile from this feat, so if it makes it redundant I would just refer to this for justification for enhanced senses

I thought scaring a person through supernatural means is the lowest form of Fear manip? Kakucho was punching Mikey nonstop before he felt the fear. Imo I'm kind of confused about this ability after reading the different types which state:

--Fear Inducement: The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity.--

Reply: Isn't this valid what he did here, here, here and here

This sounds logical, since Takemichi says his visions happen "a second" before Mikey attempts to throw his kick. Can that be converted into a multiplier number?
important notes for replies for darkgrath

I do agree with DarkGrath's point.
Thank you for checking.

Can you take a look at this please?
Appreciate the feedback on the thread, I just went to the pressure points possible uses blog, and Mikey should be valid since he paralyzed Terano South after their exchange, which would also make Mikey have paralysis inducement via pressure points(which he had before but was apart of a huge downplay thread which is why this even had to be created) South has a kind of weird fetish for violence and having a brutal "in rhythm" fight which I would guess "I hit you, you respond" type of thing. He was pissed Takemichi stopped the fight, but couldnt move his body to continue fighting, which is when I believe the trauma to his pressure points shut off his nerves completely leading to Mikey killing him.

Here is Mikey going berserk multiple times. Blitzed allies, and enemies making his former underling state "Is that really Mikey". While talking to Takemichi says he can feel himself about to go berserk, then did this. although he already has the berserk mode ability and rage power.

Mikey already has enhanced hearing ability on his profile from this feat, so if it makes it redundant I would just refer to this for justification for enhanced senses

I thought scaring a person through supernatural means is the lowest form of Fear manip? Kakucho was punching Mikey nonstop before he felt the fear. Imo I'm kind of confused about this ability after reading the different types which state:

--Fear Inducement: The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity.--

This sounds logical, since Takemichi says his visions happen "a second" before Mikey attempts to throw his kick. Can that be converted into a multiplier number?

There is no reference that the paralysis is due to the use of Presure points and more that the opponent is scared of Mikey and that is why he cannot move due to the fear that this caused him due to the coldness and inexpression, something similar to Ayanokouji vs Ryuen.
Berserk Mode could work.
In the same way that he could feel Takemichi coming back from the future he could feel it in that feat that DekuGlazer showed so I agree with Dark, it can be used as a complement to the justification tho.
I don't see anything related, just Kakucho surprised that Mikey didn't even react to the blows, totally indifferent.

No, i don't see anything. The most I see is people who don't want to be around Mikey because they know the strength of it and some don't care that much either and just watch a show. Rather cautious than anything.
I have no opinion on this.

There is no reference that the paralysis is due to the use of Presure points and more that the opponent is scared of Mikey and that is why he cannot move due to the fear that this caused him.
South wasn't scared of Mikey, he wanted to fight Mikey so bad to the point he was angry at Takemichi for stopping it, but then he realised he couldn't move to do anything about it, not a matter of being scared since he wanted to fight more
I don't see anything related, just Kakucho surprised that Mikey didn't even react to the blows, totally indifferent.
In scans immediately afterwards we see Kakucho get terrified by Mikey (after he wasn't scared of him at all and was punching him), Idk if the link works, found it on his page
No, i don't see anything. The most I see is people who don't want to be around Mikey because they know the strength of it and some don't care that much either and just watch a show. Rather cautious than anything.
The thing is, people only get scared when Mikey goes into dark impulses, he terrified Hanma with a blank look, someone who previously wasn't scared of Mikey one bit, only when the impulses come out. Same goes with Kakucho.

South wasn't scared of Mikey, he wanted to fight Mikey so bad to the point he was angry at Takemichi for stopping it, but then he realised he couldn't move to do anything about it, not a matter of being scared since he wanted to fight more
i added another bit to my reply
There is no reference that the paralysis is due to the use of Presure points and more that the opponent is scared of Mikey and that is why he cannot move due to the fear that this caused him due to the coldness and inexpression, something similar to Ayanokouji vs Ryuen.
Where Ryuen was not afraid at all and after just a few blow exchanges + the same expression of indifference of Ayanokouji he felt a huge fear, the same fear that left him unable to even do anything, not even moving.
In scans immediately afterwards we see Kakucho get terrified by Mikey (after he wasn't scared of him at all and was punching him), Idk if the link works, found it on his page
Okay, and why not just send the scans together instead of putting just a piece and not everything relevant at once?
The thing is, people only get scared when Mikey goes into dark impulses, he terrified Hanma with a blank look, someone who previously wasn't scared of Mikey one bit, only when the impulses come out. Same goes with Kakucho.
The only scene that I can consider valid to give Fear Inducement would be Mikey's scene with Kakucho, but post the whole scan and not just in pieces.
Okay, in a battle of that caliber obviously everyone will be with serious injuries, broken bones, bruises or whatever, plus, that a person with such injuries can get to the point of not even being able to move, so that further invalidates the use of pressure points.

i added another bit to my reply
The major difference is that even after looking at Mikey, South was angry at Takemichi for stopping the fight, you can't say they're similar when Ryuuen got scared after looking at Koji, also, if you look at South's body you can tell where Mikey was aiming for (Temple, Solar plexus, floating ribs, elbow, cavity below ears)
Where Ryuen was not afraid at all and after just a few blow exchanges + the same expression of indifference of Ayanokouji he felt a huge fear, the same fear that left him unable to even do anything, not even moving.
Koji literally has fear inducement but anyways, Kakucho wasn't scared until Mikey's aura drawings started to come, he was only confused signified by the "?" coming from him, he got terrified when Mikey's aura (DI) came, the same could be said for other examples
The only scene that I can consider valid to give Fear Inducement would be Mikey's scene with Kakucho, but post the whole scan and not just in pieces.
Full chapter, scene is a bit to long
Okay, in a battle of that caliber obviously everyone will be with serious injuries, broken bones, bruises or whatever, plus, that a person with such injuries can get to the point of not even being able to move, so that further invalidates the use of pressure points.
Look at the main marks, all points that are considered as pressure points in the sport Mikey has been called a genius in

Also, @DarkGrath , isn't being able to dislocate joints with special techniques count as Durability Negation? The character book confirms that Mikey knows a technique called "Disarticulation" (check out the Special Skills part of Mikey's wiki profile) which he uses aganist Takemichi and South as well. For reference, this feat is regarded as a Durability Negation feat which is quite similar to what Mikey does.
@Dereck03 Can you check this reasoning out for adding the Durability Negation ability to Mikey's profile as well?

I also saw this and want to add something. Ayanokouji already has Fear Inducement in his profile so Ryuuen likely got scared of his blank expression and the coldness of his gaze as that was what Ayanokouji got Fear Inducement from in the first place.

Also, @DarkGrath , isn't being able to dislocate joints with special techniques count as Durability Negation? The character book confirms that Mikey knows a technique called "Disarticulation" (check out the Special Skills part of Mikey's wiki profile) which he uses aganist Takemichi and South as well. For reference, this feat is regarded as a Durability Negation feat which is quite similar to what Mikey does.

No this isn’t exactly Dura neg. We often index these sorts of things as Pressure points tho.

I also saw this and want to add something. Ayanokouji already has Fear Inducement in his profile so Ryuuen likely got scared of his blank expression and the coldness of his gaze as that was what Ayanokouji got Fear Inducement from in the first place.
Ayan should have Social Influencing.

No this isn’t exactly Dura neg. We often index these sorts of things as Pressure points tho.
I mean like, many characters get Dura Neg or at least Limited Dura neg through being able to damage internal organs and dislocating joints through pressure points like i gave as an example.

Edit: Some examples about various characters getting Dura Neg or Limited Dura Neg for the same thing Mikey does.

Last edited:
Yeah we have a Pressure Points Page!! Limited Dura neg also works but linking to the page seems more appropriate.

Wait what is gonna happen to this CRT? There weren't any discussions about the abilities and staff agreed with most of it. What should be done here?

Last edited:
Ok, the first edit was rolled back by me because only DarkGrath had given input and 1 staff vote was not enough to apply the changes, then I evaluated the thread and agreed with what DarkGrath said, so I innocently undoed my changes, but after rechecking the thread, the discussion was still not over and many of the things that were applied had not been accepted yet so i re-undoed my changes again.

So I would say no.

So the abilities accepted by @DarkGrath were accepted by @Dereck03 as wel.

The abilities that have 2 staff approvals are:

Fair enough. I suppose I don't mind indexing it, though it's fairly niche.
Pressure Points
Seems fine. It may make the case for Enhanced Senses redundant, however.
Extrasensory Perception
To be frank, I don't recall exactly where we draw the line between what can and can't be considered an afterimage. The page doesn't imply anything special about it - it just suggests that the ability to make an afterimage appear is enough - but it's possible other threads have used stricter standards. I don't really mind just calling a spade a spade and saying they made an afterimage, therefore they should have Afterimage Creation.
Afterimage Creation
Seems fine. The latter part of the justification doesn't mean anything for it, though.
Info Analysis
Illusion Creation and Perception Manipulation should be fine. Fear Manipulation is contentious - just scaring someone isn't enough to qualify for Fear Manipulation, especially in such an 'understandable' circumstance. This also isn't what we would refer to as an Aura in the indexing sense.
Illusion Creation and Perception Manipulation were accepted. Fear Manipulation was declined here but it was later accepted by @Dereck03 here so I guess it has 1 staff approval for now:
The justifications for the abilities Paralysis Inducement and Durability Negation are given below but it's not accepted for now:
The major difference is that even after looking at Mikey, South was angry at Takemichi for stopping the fight, you can't say they're similar when Ryuuen got scared after looking at Koji, also, if you look at South's body you can tell where Mikey was aiming for (Temple, Solar plexus, floating ribs, elbow, cavity below ears)

I would be fine listing it as limited Durability Negation. To my knowledge, we tend to be a bit stricter with our definition of 'durability negation' - usually using it to describe demonstrated feats of completely ignoring durability - and being able to dislocate someone's joints would naturally depend at least partially on that person's durability. However, I also know that general feats of being able to attack an organism on the inside are sometimes listed as limited Durability Negation, as it's understood that most organisms are more prone to internal damage than external damage, and I imagine 'Disarticulation' would qualify as such.

I would be fine listing it as limited Durability Negation. To my knowledge, we tend to be a bit stricter with our definition of 'durability negation' - usually using it to describe demonstrated feats of completely ignoring durability - and being able to dislocate someone's joints would naturally depend at least partially on that person's durability. However, I also know that general feats of being able to attack an organism on the inside are sometimes listed as limited Durability Negation, as it's understood that most organisms are more prone to internal damage than external damage, and I imagine 'Disarticulation' would qualify as such.
Thanks for replying. Do you mind taking a look at the Paralysis Inducement and Fear Manipulation justifications as well? Fear Manipulation (Fear Inducement to be exact) was accepted by Dereck so it has one staff approvals atm.

Thanks for replying. Do you mind taking a look at the Paralysis Inducement and Fear Manipulation justifications as well? Fear Manipulation (Fear Inducement to be exact) was accepted by Dereck so it has one staff approvals atm.
From what I understand, paralysis inducement is based on this scene? The scene is a bit confusing in isolation, but the fact he states clearly that he can't move his body should make paralysis inducement fine.

I can't really tell what exactly is going on in the scans that have been provided for Fear Manipulation. The posts so far have indicated that looking directly into Mikey's eyes induces fear in their targets, but all the scans seem to show in isolation are instances of Mikey scaring or not scaring people, with little elaboration in the scenes themselves. I'd like more context on this.

From what I understand, paralysis inducement is based on this scene? The scene is a bit confusing in isolation, but the fact he states clearly that he can't move his body should make paralysis inducement fine.
Thanks for the approval 🙏
I can't really tell what exactly is going on in the scans that have been provided for Fear Manipulation. The posts so far have indicated that looking directly into Mikey's eyes induces fear in their targets, but all the scans seem to show in isolation are instances of Mikey scaring or not scaring people, with little elaboration in the scenes themselves. I'd like more context on this.
The ability "Aura" is already on Mikey's profile through visibly scaring Kakucho after the apperance of his Aura. You can see the other gang members getting scared in the background as well which further clarifies Mikey's Aura.

Now the Aura page explicitly states that it needs to be supernatural for it to count as an Aura ability. Mikey's Dark Impulse is a Visual Bug (stated in the verse page in the Canon Facts section) and Bugs can manipulate the five senses (also stated in the verse page). Visual Bugs -as the name suggests- manipulates a person's sight. That's why we suggested to add Perception Manipulation and Illusion Creation in the first place. Mikey induces fear into people by manipulating their sense of sight, which makes this a supernatural ability. On top of this, Mikey once induced a "murderous vibe" on Senju with his Dark Impulse similar to a character named Akashiki Ren (in Tokyo Revengers verse), who induced a murderous vibe on Seven (who is immortal) when they fought and later said that he used his Thought Bug to do that. Mikey can induce fear in his opponents via both manipulating their sight and thoughts. Hope I made it clear.

Like i said, the ability "Aura" is already on Mikey's page but something like "Fear Inducement via Aura of his Dark Impulse" or just "Fear Inducement via Aura" would be more suitable imo.

Now the Aura page explicitly states that it needs to be supernatural for it to count as an Aura ability. Mikey's Dark Impulse is a Visual Bug (stated in the verse page in the Canon Facts section) and Bugs can manipulate the five senses (also stated in the verse page). Visual Bugs -as the name suggests- manipulates a person's sight. That's why we suggested to add Perception Manipulation and Illusion Creation in the first place. Mikey induces fear into people by manipulating their sense of sight, which makes this a supernatural ability. On top of this, Mikey once induced a "murderous vibe" on Senju with his Dark Impulse similar to a character named Akashiki Ren (in Tokyo Revengers verse), who induced a murderous vibe on Seven (who is immortal) when they fought and later said that he used his Thought Bug to do that. Mikey can induce fear in his opponents via both manipulating their sight and thoughts. Hope I made it clear.
I suppose that's fine.

Durablity negation seems fine then, the fear stuff i already have my agree, but i still disagree with Paralysis Inducement for the reasons I have already mentioned.

Yeah i just saw this. That's fine I guess. I still find it weird how South still couldn't move a muscle even though Mikey was going to kill him, like he could fall down or at least kneel if he just ran outta energy here but he just stood there.

I don't have an issue with Paralysis Inducement. This scene evidently shows the character in question was fully active and had plenty of energy until the abrupt moment when Mikey glared into their eyes. This results in them freezing in place and no longer being able to move their body, an oddity that they comment on. I don't think it can reasonably be passed off as just being worn out - he seemingly was nowhere close to wearing out until the abrupt moment, the framing makes a clear point of focusing on the fact that Mikey is staring into his eyes, he didn't 'freeze' until Mikey looked into his eyes, he was able to stay upright despite being unable to move, and he immediately comments on the fact that he's been frozen in place and doesn't understand why. I think the implication in the scene, that Mikey has caused him to freeze in place, is quite straight-forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back