• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae (3) vs Ultear Milkovich (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why it says that. When playing the game itself, the tiara does not fill your magic meter. I'll post a video to prove this.

Aand I can't find a video, great. Okay, let me try to explain it. In HGH, there is a meter on the screen to display how much magic Shantae has. When using magic, it obviously depletes it. So let's say Shantae only has half of her magic meter left. When using the magic tiara, the meter does not fill up. Basically when using it, the meter just doesn't go down, it just stays.

Could you say why? Ultear's win condition is by hitting Shantae with her orbs until she dies, but that's going to be difficult because she can completely block them with her shell, fully heal herself whenever she wants to, teleport away, or even become invisible/intangible to then use her items to get a 5.6x ap advantage to finish her quickly.

How does her shell get nulled when it's a part of her body?

Mind hax still gets resisted, dark magic has shown to mind manipulate people as shown for both Shantae and Tinkerbats.

If her magic being turned into dark magic is what causes the personality switch, power mod made her evil not mind manip.

Game mchanics are being used? Provide the descriptions of the amps or else they will only be treated as a vague higher. AP which is useless as it is only relevant for cqc which she wont be getting into.

Lovely abilities that need to be proved she uses them in fights, how soon and why she uses them.

Hitting someone until they die is the most basic reason for a win ever. Why would someone need to explain why it is a wincon against someone that doesn't regen. Speaking of, scans for how good the heal is.

Why wouldn't it? It's not like she only negates magic, she can de Age swords as well

If it's not organic she can maniplate it

Schnee One said:
Why wouldn't it? It's not like she only negates magic, she can de Age swords as well
If it's not organic she can maniplate it.
Correction, non-living and non-sentient living things.

For the last time, no it isn't. The only power modification is by changing her light magic to dark magic, we've still seen the Tinkerbats get their mind controlled once being infused with dark magic so we know it has mind manipulation.

Twin mints state to double your power here. Super Monster Milk doesn't have the same type of description, but it isn't really a game mechanic.

Why wouldn't she use any of her abilities? Anytime Shantae fights, you play. But that doesn't mean she won't use her equipment at all nor her abilities. That's like saying a silent protagonist won't use a certain move. I don't see why Shantae wouldn't heal herself when wounded or block tons of projectiles or teleport away from them.

Doesn't matter, she can turn invisible and phase through her orbs to attack.

Any of Shantaes items and magic that aren't non-living and non-sentient get negged by time hax which is highly in charater for Ultear to use and she can do this in the middle of her attacks.

I know, and it doesn't change what I stated above. Stuff like her healing and transformations are magic, but they affect Shantae herself so she won't be able to reverse those.

Ultear could also bind Shantae with Ice make due to her massive Strength Advantage and I actually forgot about this but Ultear also has non-physical interation due to Thought Projection(same as natsu's magic).

Zackra1799 said:
Ultear could also bind Shantae with Ice make due to her massive Strength Advantage and I actually forgot about this but Ultear also has non-physical interation due to Thought Projection(same as natsu's magic).
What? Shantae has the strength advantage

What? No thats not how lifting strength works. breaking out of ice doesnt come from the muscles used in the way lifting feats are done.

DatOneWeeb said:
Then Shantae can just teleport away from the grip, she doesn't need to move in order to teleport.
Fair Enough but i think we have both given all our reasoning that we can give so we should just wait for the votes

Yes it does. If you are being restrained, your Lifting is the only thing that matters for breaking out. AP is useless for this. Teleportation is a thing that actually works though.

Aqua said that Shantae has the strength advantage and said it wasn't Lifting. The only advantage she has in terms of output is AP so I assumed he referred to that. Doesn't seem to have denied it either.

I remain for Ultear as well. I've seen nothing that makes me think any of Shantae's transformations actually matter too much, and everything else can just be negged.

Healing is kinda hard with constantly homing danmaku of balls.

How does she neg teleportation, statistics amplification, invisibiltiy/intangibility, bikini armor allows Shantae to take less damage (her appearance doesn't change while wearing this, so Ultear wouldn't think to remove...but I wish), her healing takes one second as she's used her dances plenty of times during battle, her shell is a part of her crab form which is basically her skin, and other forms can make her small to dodge.

Thought projection still won't help that Shantae is invisible, so she still can't see her. Would she even use this move once Shantae becomes invisible? I don't think she knows that she will also be intangible. I still can't see her bypassing it.

Invisibility is an effect applied on herself, but that really doesn't mean much. Otherwise Gray would just coat himself on his ice instead of literally freezing his own blood entirely.

And we just assume Shantae has the bikini armor? Okay I guess.

Why wouldn't it? Ultear is going to have trouble seeing where she is and where she will attack, her orbs will only phase through her.

Why wouldn't she? It's equipment that she has purchased to help herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back