• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae (3) vs Ultear Milkovich (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so pretty much all of Shantae's stuff get negged by time magic

How good is Shantae with his fists, and what stops Ultear from range spamming?

Does her time magic affect Shantae's transformations? And Shantae's main mode of attack is her hair whip so she's pretty good at CQC.

So...what are Shantae's wincons? Everything she uses is just going to get nulled and the only way she can do anything is attack up close but she will have constantly deal with the orbs.

Gonna be hard when she's at a range advantage. She tries to approach, gets hit with a bunch of orbs everywhere.

Anyway's uh. Ultear's time magic is pretty awful. All of her techniques are pretty standard/aren't really attacks. In the anime I haven't found her just straight up timefreeze some forever. So uh, yeah, Ultear isn't gonna win via time.

Uhh what

She literally de ages time, including all of Grays attacks

She even nullifies time Stop with it.

So yeah, she can win via that.

she can accalerate and rewind the age of non living things, and after she used the lost arc magic: she aged, died, and then only existed in the cracks in time, such as when time stopped.

Hmm...I went back and rewatched the entire fight this time. I think this fight is different than what I thought. So, healing. I don't think Ultear can counter Shantae recovering back to full health. And she can keep on doing if she keeps getting low on health. Ultear still seems to have some trouble against someone using close combat. Here's another thing. Shantae's explosion manipulation. I don't think Ultear will be able to remove an AoE explosion, she can still get hurt from magic and actually has to react to remove it. This might be closers than I think, Shantae can keep healing and blowing everything up. She can also teleport away from the her orbs- hang on a minute. I'm looking at Ultear's profile.

"Limited Power Nullification (Likely limited to elmental attacks like Gray's ice)" This a huge issue. Her main wincon was to be able to counter Shantae's magic by removing it. However her profile states it's limited to elemental attacks only, which makes sense as the only example I was shown was against ice. So. This means most of Shantae's magic works. Which also means bubble to handle the orbs, and pike balls to avoid hand to hand. Voting Shantae now.

I'm asking if we should just close the thread and remake it once the changes are done, wait and do nothing, or finish the match and remake it depanding on the CRT verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back