• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae (3) vs Ultear Milkovich (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel I am talking to a wall at this point.

I am gonna say this one more time, and hopefully people actually read instead of half checking and actually think instead of just doing terrible strawmans.

What indicates that Shantae uses the item for battle? Or that she would?

Nobody is saying she doesn't have shit, jesus. Is saying if she would think of using it that way. How is this so hard?

But I am not using game mechanics at all. I am asking for you to show X using Y in combat like I would for any character. If someone said

• Mystoga was gonna sleep manip first thing in a fight, I would ask them to show me him doing that. He can and it is well within his ability as well as the smartest choice that he logically should do but he doesn't.
  • Percy uses his blood manip to desicate his opponent or force choke them to death, its the same situation.
They can do these things with ease and it would immediately end most fights they get into but they don't as it isn't in character for them to do so. Sorry for maintaining my standards regardless of who the character is.

Nothing! its a game, it wil NEVER the level of context youre asknig for. MOST GAMES dont for half the stuff they have in them. you could apply your question to literally most RPGS and you'd get the same answer here, nothing indicates it.

What indicates she won't? How about this, Shantae is charging Ultear so Ultear throws her spheres at Shantae and Shantae uses vanishing creme to dodge. Shantae keeps running at Ultear and then attacks her while vanishing creme is still active. It's not rocket science. Shantae still uses the item to dodge and then attack while it's effects are still active.

Then tough luck, she can't do it. Its the very same for other games and abilities being used in ways not hinted at all by the game and only chanced or thought about by the player. Unusable.

The difference you don't seem to get here is that in a lot of games, stuff is actually implied at times. Or maybe the story makes the character use it in that way, then its a possibility. But Shantae using vanishing cream in combat isn't one of those.

That simple.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Then tough luck, she can't do it. Its the very same for other games and abilities being used in ways not hinted at all by the game and only chanced or thought about by the player. Unusable.
The difference you don't seem to get here is that in a lot of games, stuff is actually implied at times. Or maybe the story makes the character use it in that way, then its a possibility. But Shantae using vanishing cream in combat isn't one of those.

That simple.
This is dumb, someone get a mod's attention, this isnt up for debate,

If me asking for what a character will do in a fight for a vs thread is an issue for a character, then maybe they shouldn't be involved in vs threads.

I'd imagine Shantae could use the Vanishing Cream in this battle yes, as well as her other items

It shouldn't be exempt from the battle entirely.

Never have I said it couldn't be done or that it is exempt, but if there's any indication she actually would.

There is a metric ton of different ways characters could use abilities and they never do. Its more difficult for games, but things like doing shit a certain way in story or even an implication like an item or skill description hinting at such an use exist. There is none? Then no, Shantae won't do it as far as I am concerned.

If you think a mod needs to be involved about something so simple, then I have to wonder how you've been debating the actions of characters so far.

So is this an argument about whether or not Shantae would use the Vanishing Cream?

If so, i'd think that maybe if she was faced with an opponent like Ultear, who can use her orbs rather effectively on a defence, she would use this cream in order to get close. It's true theres nothing that shows how Shantae would use it, but thats just game add on items for you, based off player choice. It's not really fair to say she wouldn't use items if she was being pushed in a corner based solely on the fact its not seen in a cutscene or anything, and perhaps invisibility would be useful. I don't imagine she would be against using it.

Ultear doesn't have the ability to sense magic does she?

Jinx666 said:
So is this an argument about whether or not Shantae would use the Vanishing Cream?
If so, i'd think that maybe if she was faced with an opponent like Ultear, who can use her orbs rather effectively on a defence, she would use this cream in order to get close. It's true theres nothing that shows how Shantae would use it, but thats just game add on items for you, based off player choice. It's not really fair to say she wouldn't use items if she was being pushed in a corner based solely on the fact its not seen in a cutscene or anything, and perhaps invisibility would be useful. I don't imagine she would be against using it.

Ultear doesn't have the ability to sense magic does she?
All Fairy Tail characters do.

Oh, is it like Dragon Ball power sensing? Cause if so, invisibility is kinda pointless since Ultear can sense where Shantae is anyway.

Idk though, i recall there being a lot sneak ups in FT. So it could still be effective.

ApiesDeathbyLazors reply to #125

Shantae - 3 (DatOneWeeb, AquaWaifu, Bobsican)

Ultear - 5 (Schnee, Zackra, SirLancelot, HenryWong, Velox)

Plus, 1997KD and Tonygameman for Ultear. Less than 9 hours to go!

Ultear was already shown being able to pin point Lucy easily when she went invisible, i think twice even.

The problem is more that Shantae has never shown using the cream to abuse her intangibility and hint people. Even the item's description talks of using it to circumvent enemies instead of fighting.

Oh my god, no. There is no reason Shantae won't use it, nothing indicates she won't use it and it won't be something she would use out of character. Characters have been able to use items without in-game cutscenes, this was fine for many characters so brining this up now is outright ridiculous. It doesn't even matter if Ultear can see Shantae, she still can't hit her. My question about Thought Projection hasn't been answered. But because even if people have played the game and say what the item does, I for some reason STILL need to show it which is ridiculous. sigh Since I can't find a video for it, I'll be using an emulator and try my best to record it.

If she could pinpoint invisible people, then yeah thats basically the invisibility advantage.

The intangibility isn't that useful tbh, its not like a turn on turn off power, so Shantae cant attack using it, best she can do is get up close.

Back after painful searching with no results. So I had to find a way to prove it. I've recorded a video of using it here. As you can see, Shantae phases through the enemy and can still attack.

"Caught Lucy invisible twice" is the first thing out of 4 when I search "Lucy"

nothing from anime or manga scans come up.

What you are saying is something that is completely false. I can say Mario never uses a Mega Mushroom because a cutscene does not display this nor is there "implications" he will use it. Sonic won't use his shields for the same reason. This limits almost every video game character's arsenal just because they HAVE to show them using it other gameplay. Why wouldn't Shantae use it? There's no reason for her not to, she's just not going to not use it in a life or death situation.

So Ultear can't bypass her intagibility once Shantae uses it, what will she do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back