• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shantae (3) vs Ultear Milkovich (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it venom or poison? because venom is essentialy just saliva (i think) which should contain atleast some living cells, which (as shown by gray using blood to make his ice) can negate ultears negation.

Venom comes from an organism, posion is directly from the body. Just remember this to get venon you have to attack, to poison you have to GET attacked.

AquaWaifu said:
Since Ultear needs to actually wave her hand to get of magic objects, Shantae can use Obliteration Dance
???? i dont think she needs to wave her hand, im pretty sure its thought based. she just thinks and time is accelerated or rewound.

Bob8999 said:
AquaWaifu said:
Since Ultear needs to actually wave her hand to get of magic objects, Shantae can use Obliteration Dance
???? i dont think she needs to wave her hand, im pretty sure its thought based. she just thinks and time is accelerated or rewound.
I saw the video and in that atleast, every time she got rid of Gray's magic it was wave of hand.

i think she just did that just for theatrics, i dont think it's necessary, it's just something she does.

So wait given their time manipulation, it works on elements like Gray's ice since it seems to manipulate its tim to make it melt and turn to vapor.

How would this effect Shantae's bubble shield?

Im sorry but it just seems REALLY unclear from the video AND her page the actual effects and limits of her ability. Would her venon in her spider form be like Gray's blood in his ice?

She rewinded the time of Gray's ice, so how would affecting the time of Shantae's bubble shields which arent elemental in nature affect them? How would time manipulation on them even work?

does her bubble have a time limit? if so she fastfowards it until its timelimit pops it or whatever, if not couldnt she just rewind it to before shantae made it?

It lasts as long as shantae has magic.

Man this seems really kinda NLF the more I think about it...Im getting confused

She doesn't have to fast forwad it (Her Prefered Method of attacking), she could just rewind it (Her Prefered Method for removing attacks or defences) to a point where it was no longer there

So Shantae's explosions spawn on people? Odd that that wasn't mentioned before.

Thats not mind manip, thats power mod. Her magic itself is getting changed which affects her mind as a result.

And my poit is that Natsu is better than Shantae in every aspect of cqc so him doing something does not equate to Shantae being able to do the same. You are the one who has to prove she can do what he managed.

I really don't care what you were told by someone who is clearly wrong. I literally gave two examples that it works on more than magic and they weren't even brought up as argumentts for it working on magic but for aoe. The Natsu fight even has her using it on a seed to make a tree. Ultear can just rewind or make more orbs. This point is utterly irrelevant as if people actually googled the stuff I mentioned, they would agree.

You seem to have ignored time manip and danmaku spam, and the fact that Ultear can fight Natsu who is better in cqc. The arguments you put forth only work if you ignore everything I tell you and proceed with head canon.

That isn't power modification. Her magic becoming dark magic didn't change her abilites, she still has the exact same moves as she would with light magic. The only difference was herself becoming evil and looking different I guess.

What Natsu preformed wasn't exactly something difficult others can do. He became out of sight, Ultear could not see him, she got surprised attacked. I don't see why Shantae won't be able to turn invisible and suprise attack her. Natsu didn't exactly do some amazing technique.

Why should I have to google other people's arguments and scans? That's something you yourself need to be doing, not me. If I don't completely understand the ability and all my knowledge is based off what others have informed me, then I will be using the same logic until shown otherwise.

In which time manipulation will only be working on her magic abilites and danmaku gets absorbed. It isn't headcanon, I have been told this is how it works. Prove it otherwise.

It is power mod. Her magic which was originally holy was turned into dark magic per your own words.

Amd Natsu is superior to Shantae in every regard in terms of cqc and skill so just because he does something and it looks easy doesn't mean his lessers can do the same. Can I get scans of her using invisibility in combat and the context?

Its like I didn't mention that every time I try link it, my post gets nommed. The description of the magic on her profile already supports what I said so I really dont need to provide scans, I am telling you as a courtesy, not an obligation.

Please provide scans since you seem to disregard anything without them. It is headcanon, I have explained it to you, a CRT for it was linked here that has scans of it doing exactly what I said. Just because you want to be ignorant doesn't change the fact that your conclusion is completely wrong and requires you to ignore everything about her ability.

That is still not a power mod. Again, when Shantae's light magic changed to dark magic, she did not gain any new abilities. All it did was make her evil. That's it. This isn't the first time it's done something like as when dark magic is being infused with the Tinkerbats, this also makes them go against Risky Boots and attack her.

It isn't exactly that difficult to sneak up to someone when they can't see you. I'd argue it would be easier for Shantae since Natsu did this by being too fast for her eyes and attacking her from the back. Shantae however can just simply turn invisible, and attack her in any direction without getting caught. Shantae's invisibility is via an item, we don't see her use them in cutscenes because whenever a fight happens, you play.

Let me adress the win-cons for Shantae.

Healing - If Shantae takes too much damage then she simply fully restores her health while Ultear can't. Shantae can keep doing this over and over until she eventually wins.

Starting Distance - With Warp Dance, Shantae is going to close the gap between Ultear, allowing her to start the fight and attacking immediately.

AP - Shantae already has the 2.5x ap advantage, with Twin Mints doubling her power, making it a 5x ap advantage. Then Super Monster Milk will give her the 5.6x ap advantage, and yes I tested this out. Her base damage was 8, using Super Monster Milk made her damage to 18. So if Shantae uses these, Ultear is going to die very quickly if Shantae uses these and starts to attack her.

Teleportation - Shantae can (and has) used her teleportation in combat. If a large hoard of orbs come at her than Shantae can teleport away from them. While these aren't exactly the same thing, Shantae has been able to dodge projectiles in small spaces, as well as gaint canonballs and balls that chase her.

Transformations - Shantae's crab form can also just block the orbs via her own shell. Her spider venom can also possibly affect her as usually a spider's venom is basically their spit. And since the blood somehow couldn't allow Ultear to reverse it, this might be the same case for her venom. Other forms such as monkey can increase her speed and make her smaller, with mouse form making her even smaller.

Explosion: Even if Ultear can negate the explosion, I still doubt she can react to the first one. She will not be aware of what Shantae's abilities are, and since her dances can do several things, I doubt she'd be able to react to the first explosion. Since her ability is not though based. This gives Shantae at least a single easy and strong hit.

Items - Vanishing cream allows Shantae to be completely invisible, so she can simply walk to Ultear, and she won't know specifically where Shantae is. Even if she throws her orbs in every direction, they would only phase through Shantae as she can completely phase through objects. Bikini armor also halves the damage Shantae takes, so this allows her to tank more hits.

oh shit wait we need to add "Intangibility" to Shantae then. How did we all forget that aprt of her vanishing cream? she can phase through solid wall of stone.

Thats A DAMN good boost given she can attack and do everything she normally can during it AND likely STILL use her three different bubble shields during it too!

Vote Shantae due to vanishing cream which I can confirm for myself due to having her game to play. and the rest of stuff she has I voted for earlier.

Shantae - 2 (DatOneWeeb, AquaWaifu)

Ultear - 4 (Schnee, Zackra, SirLancelot, HenryWong)

@Zackra IIRC it lasts as long as her magic lasts.

If it does, then guess what? It never runs out. Shantae has several items to reduce the amount of magic she uses, refill her magic during battle, and the magic tiara never lets her run out.

Man when you really think about it, in tersm of this site and battles, Shantae is surprisingly overpowered given her vanishing cream ,invulnerability shield/Mirror Bubble Obliteration Dance, and Tiara can all be used together in conjunction with teleportation and having scimtars and pikeballs surrounding her.

Magic Tiara gets easlily negged by ultears magic, also if it doesn't run out then why doesn't she have infinite stamina?

Wait why wouldn't magic tiara work? It's literally just something Shantae wears, I highly doubt Ultear will think her tiara is the reason she never runs out of magic. And her magic isn't tied to her stamina at all, she can still fight without having any magic.

Oh okay, and FT Characters can sense magic so she would be able to easliy tell that an infinte magic pool was resting on top of her head and would rewind it.

No, the tiara itself does not have magic, it just doesn't allow Shantae to run out of magic.

@Schnee This would only work if she thinks the tiara gives her powers which to my knowledge, she wouldn't.

Zackra1799 said:
Oh okay, and FT Characters can sense magic so she would be able to easliy tell that an infinte magic pool was resting on top of her head and would rewind it.
This doesn't matter anyway because she would inadvertently negate the source if Shantae used other magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back