• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scans about DI~IWKB~

Why not post some scans here anyway?

I have been taking numerous scans of anything that even remotely looks like a feat - some might be nothing or are possibly just flowery language.

So here goes:

Here is a scan about how Machina's punches are so strong and have such pressure, that even if you dodge the punch - you can still be affected by the pressure of his punch - Maybe Shockwave Generation?

Here is a scan that Reinhard's soul capacity is believed to be infinite, and that his castle grows with the more souls that he can collect.

Here's a sca that shows that Meth's darkness is so dense that even those with enhanced senses and extrasensory perception are not able to see through it. Another one.

Here is a scan about how Meth's darkness shows mental visions that correlate to the "concept" of darkness - showing Bey, Lisa's and Beatrice's darkest moments.

Here's a sca that shows some animals, Mice and Bats, that comprise the darkness. Some sort of Animal Manipulation, I guess.

Here is a scan that shows that Meth is the conceptual embodiment of darkness. Another one. And another one.

Now for the biggest thing - Some possible evidence on Merc having mind/body-*****. Although I probably haven't gathered everything, I am going to put all I got right here and keep editing it with updates.

From what I gathered, it seems to me anyway, that Mercurius sometimes shows his "true nature" which causes the others to nearly go insane or get sick - similar to people going insane by looking at Cthulhu because they can't comprehend his true nature:

Here is a sca that has Wilhiem state that Mercurius is a "being that doesn't make sense" to him and that he can't "see him properly" - he states it that it is as if Mercurius's "outline is made of quicksilver" and that one moment he could see Mercurius, but in the next "he became impossible to perceive". As always, Mercurius makes Wilheim's skin crawl.

Many times when Mercurius speaks, the screen becomes filled with static, this is not for visual flair, as it is mentioned in the story here. Also being described as the "magician's curse or blessing", which is very similar to a moment in the story where Mercuius goes to Lisa, the static once again playing and is said to be "his mercurial curse"

Here is a scan that shows a point in the story where Mercurius starts laughing uncontrollably. Wihielm describes it as "heavy enough to stick and burden the very soul". And that, "the density and depth of the emotions hidden within him were abnormal." And that Mercurius was, "actually showing his true-self". And apparently that when Mercurius was showing, "his true-self", it was physically effecting Wilhiem to the point where he almost threw up, until Reinhard was the one to put an end to it.

Here is a sca that shows that after Mercurius stops laughing, "everyone heaved a sigh of relief, as if they momentarily forgotten how to breathe." Mercurius himself says to Reinhard that, "Their minds and bodies might not be able to bear more of this" Indicating that out of everyone there, only Reinhard was able to properly resist Mercurius's "true-self", but even Reinhard admits that he too felt "uneasy" by the demonstration of the mercurial curse. However, to compare Reinhard's sentiments with the other members of the LDO, and how Mercurius didn't seemingly include Reinhard into how his true nature was affecting their minds and bodies does seem to show that Reinhard is resisting this effect.

Sup.

Yeah I got some both of my own and from a respect thread on reddit on Methuselah which were backlog scans but still has the text regardless. Which I've done the same for verses like Fate and Steampunk (usually the former).

Anywho yeah I have but I never got all of the most relevant and misc. ones for him.

As for the others of Wilhem, Machina and ofc Reinhard, I didn't bother as much to do for them cuz they weren't my main focus at the time.

But thanks a lot for gathering more, I appreciate it :)

Same.

Although the only thing I'm not so sure of is Reinhard having infinite souls in his soul capacity considering he was stated later on (time-wise) in the main DI VN of only having souls in the millions which while it's a lot isn't even close to infinite. That's my only thing I'm not so sure of using.

Everything else you posted fits pretty well. They just have to be unlocked and we can add the scans in.

Speaking of scans on Rein, Wil and Machina I mentioned, I looked back and I actually don't think I got any for Wil. The only ones I got for the other two (Machina and Rein) are Machina's Briah being stated again to affect anything he hits in that state including concepts like Methuselah which I've linked in the discussion thread the other day. While Rein's are really about him destroying all of Methuselah's Darkness, which I got can link down below.

Reinhard forming up his spear to attack Methuselah after Wil's "trump card attack", with some interesting text describing it lol

Narration describing how even millions of nights could not withstand the light coming off from the spear. Seeing as how one night equals half the world or destroying half of the planet, even this alone shows how potent the spears light is and that's ofc not including the loops factor into it.

Scan of LT's light stated of purging the old world and bringing forth a new world...whatever that means but I guess the basic point is Reinhard destroying something that comes from Mercs Law/World/Heaven (in this case, Methuselah) at the least.

Yet another scan of Reinhard hitting Methuselah dead on with his spears light just after the latter had fought Einherjar boosted Wilhelm and getting a stake poked out from within his chest cuz of him, with Wil noting how absurd it is for the guy to still even be alive as he's hit by the aforementioned light.

@Warren: Anything else you need? I should have mentioned this on the talk thread but Redgrave actually has scans for boosted Wilhelm fighting Methuselah and destroying his darkness so that's another thing.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Same.
Although the only thing I'm not so sure of is Reinhard having infinite souls in his soul capacity considering he was stated later on (time-wise) in the main DI VN of only having souls in the millions which while it's a lot isn't even close to infinite. That's my only thing I'm not so sure of using.

@Warren: Anything else you need? I should have mentioned this on the talk thread but Redgrave actually has scans for boosted Wilhelm fighting Methuselah and destroying his darkness so that's another thing.
I said that his soul capacity is limitless, that he can acquire infinite souls, not that he has infinite souls.

He has a hundred million souls, I think.

And I mean just in general, I just planned on snapping anything that even looked like a feat, so that I can compile them all here.

If I take images of that other people have collected, then you can just ignore said screenshots.

Ah right. That's a lot more believable to take then.

Eh, can't remember if that's how many he got but I would believe so anyways.

Right.

Red just dropped in a bunch of scans on Discord for me but he didn't exactly comment or summarize them for what's in it (90% of them actually didn't load the image up in Discord, only like the first couple he posted at the time) and while I do recognize a few such as the ones for Reinhard destroying Methuselah's darkness and all...it will take a tad while to go through them....

....sometimes I question how much Discord and or Skype can handle when images are uploaded one after the other.

Anyways just so I can to doing some of my work in college or just go mind my own business, I managed to get all Red can give me the other week and this is what he's given. I will note that the ones of Reinhard destroying Lui's darkness is already linked above and he got the same thing of it so I won't repost them although there are a couple I didn't get that the narration states of Lui's light having been destroyed.

Anywho, let's see if I can post this in time:

Scan of Wil stating of tearing and pulverizing Lui. Some more again with stuff here, like one of Wil releasing a volley of stakes to destroy Lui's darkness as well as punching the jaws of darkness and losing an arm only to insta regen from it. Yet another of him punching Meth square in the face and quickly describing how it felt.

More on ahead: DK where this took place but whatever it was, Wilhelm regens half of his body instantly after it was destroyed by Lui's dark fangs. As he's fighting, Wil explains how the souls of Gladhismer are fueling him thanks to Reinhard granting him it though he notes it's only for the duration of the fight against Meth and how it's the only thing that's keeping him alive since almost dying back at the church when Meth took Claudia.

This one kinda gets broken here and there in terms of order as I assume Red didn't bother enough to do it but I wouldn't be so hard on him for it. Anywho:

Here Wilhelm is still fighting Lui even though the latter had focused his time accel ability to focus onto him. We got another here of Lui summoning all of the darkness to try and crush Wilhelm and, by extension most likely, the entire legion, where just summoning it felt akin to a tsunami would sink an entire continent. And keep in mind, he's yet to even drop this down as he just gathered it all in seconds. But ofc, Wilhelm decides to C-block him (the "C" word is blocked on-wikia if you know what I mean btw) by activating the blood Lui sucked from biting onto Claudia who had drink Wil's prior to all of the above.

Last ones and I'm seriously done for now unless asked to provide more, which I don't mind as I have a lot of time to do anyways (should note that when I mean by this, it's of other misc. scans from either myself or from Red's) and this time it leads back to Reinhard as he's destroying Lui's darkness.

Here Wil, I'm presuming since he's the narrator of sorts at times, states that everyone had to have felt the mystery that makes Lui evaporating from LT's light, which will leave nothing but darkness itself as a simple concept. Follow up again to how it will be from what it is that is Methuselah to, once again, a simple concept of darkness. Another scan again of Wil assuming that Methuselah's just being too stubborn to die even in the face of Longinus' light. Last but not least, scan showing the aftermath of Ludwig and his state.

You should probably make the appropriate edits for Meth since his page is unlocked.

And after we are done collecting all the scans, we should ask an admin to unlock Reinhard, Machina, and Wilhelm's pages.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
I'll do that whenever I'm feeling it and in the mood for it.
And yeah, dem too.
K.

I'll keep my promise and keep coming back to bring scans that I find.

Most specifically of the possible 1-A mind resistance that Reinhard might have.

Yeah I only do this when I have the mood for it. I can do it at anytime, especially now, but I have stuff to do today too but I may still be able to add them later.

And sure.

Ah ALRF DID mention something about that a while back, and it makes some sense seeing as Reinhard has kept talking with him even up to the main DI storyline. I'll see to it how it goes in an actual CRT though so I'll let ya handle that one.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Yeah I only do this when I have the mood for it. I can do it at anytime, especially now, but I have stuff to do today too but I may still be able to addd them.
And sure.

Ah ALRF DID mention something about that a while back, and it makes some sense seeing as Reinhard has kept talking with him even up to the main DI storyline. I'll see to it how it goes in an actual CRT though so I'll let ya handle that one.
Yeah, of course - there is no rush.

Yeah, Reinhard having 1-A mindhax was always a concept on the wiki, but was never made into a CRT, accepted, and implemented.

Since IWKBey just came out, I am trying to get all the scans I can from that. That's what all that stuff about Mercurius's true nature is.

Let's hope we can do a CRT without ALRF, lol.

Here's a sca stating that Wilhiem, Wolfgang, and Machina fought one another for two and a half days straight - a pretty good stamina feat.

Here's a sca showing that even Wilhelm, who can touch souls, can touch Meth.

Here are scans talking more about how Meth IS darkness, about how the shadows around Meth are mixing with him because of it. Meth is so entirely the concept of darkness, that he was able to take out "the darkness" that resides within Wilhelm - stating him to be merely imitating him.

Here's a sca stating that if Meth wishes it, all that is within darkness can hear his voice.

Another sca detailing on how absolute of a concept that Meth is. That the night sky bends and moves to accommodate him, and that every form of Darkness - even the ones formed from blocking man-made sources of light are apart of his being - this is his possible Nigh-Omnipresence.

Here's another scan detailing Meth's nigh-omnipresence. The scan also states that if Meth desires it, he can tear away all the darkness of the world, leaving a voided-space filled with neither darkness or light and that, in this scan, if he were to do that, the world would be destroyed as a result.

Here's a sca talking about his "densified darkness".

This is the sca talking about his mind/madness manipulation and who it comes from the number of nights he holds within - "so countless they seemed infinite". It also mentioned the different effects of the ability.

Some killed themselves, others went insane, others were so terrified that Meth's presence haunted their beings to the end of not just their life, but their children's lives as well.

Others made artwork that caused madness when one heard, read, or looked upon it - it also turned many of the fetuses of those affected into albinos.

Here's a sca showing that Reinhard and Mercurius laughing the darkness off like a joke.

Here's a sca talking about how when Reinhard turned his castle into its skeleton form - that the skeleton was comprised of millions of souls and the size of a mountain. Here's a sca stating that the castle can shoot a beam of energy that generates heat hotter than a nuclear bomb and with enough power to reduce a country to ashes.

Here is a sca that shows Meth absorbing the attack and redirecting it back at the castle through the shadow that the castle makes - showing once again that Meth is truly every and all darkness.

Here is a sca stating that Vampires (Like Bey) can absorb all the knowledge in those they kill - Meth being the origin of all vampires can easily do it as well.

That's all I got for now.

Do you think that Meth is actually a Type 1 Abstract being instead of Type 2? Seeing as how he is all of darkness, and he can't be affected by people who can already effect non-corporeal spirits and is only physical effected through avatars?

Nice, nice~

I did the changes yesterday on Methuselah but I can go again later. Just busy atm with stuff for this coming week so I may or may not do them tonight.

Also regarding his Abstract existence, I think so too. Being a Type 2 means he would regen as long as darkness exists but I don't ever recall him doing any regen at any point. As a Type 1, that fits with it and all he does is just reform his body in place or just in another spot? IDK, the regen may have to go.

But anyways from the looks of it I got just about everything from Attack Reflection, his madness/fear presence (I actually DK if this is still mind manip hax anymore after reading the scans over and over), how darkness bends towards his direction, and some other such. That's as far as I remember putting in.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Nice, nice~
I did the changes yesterday on Methuselah but I can go again later. Just busy atm with stuff for this coming week so I may or may not do them tonight.

Also regarding his Abstract existence, I think so too. Being a Type 2 means he would regen as long as darkness exists but I don't ever recall him doing any regen at any point. As a Type 1, that fits with it and all he does is just reform his body in place or just in another spot? IDK, the regen may have to go.

But anyways from the looks of it I got just about everything from Attack Reflection, his madness/fear presence (I actually DK if this is still mind manip hax anymore after reading the scans over and over), how darkness bends towards his direction, and some other such. That's as far as I remember putting in.
I think that Type 1 abstracts still regen from their concept as well, Meth can only be truly be destroyed when all of his mystery is erased after all - it is just that to affect a type 1 abstract, you need to affect the concept.

With a type 2 abstract, you need to destroy the concept to kill them, but you can still affect them.

"Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.

Type 2: Embodies an abstraction, and can be resurrected or regenerate indefinitely thanks to it. Destroying the abstraction is required to permanently kill those characters, but they can still be affected without directly altering it.

To my knowledge, to physically effect Meth, you need to affect the concept of darkness as that is what he is.

And madness manipulation/fear manipulation are subsets of mind manipulation, and it indeed is caused by him shunting his mystery into the minds of those in the dark - it still counts, I believe.

Right. I'll go and change it to Type 1 later.

Also this has been on my mind for quite a while even before the translation came out, but what would Reinhard being able to interact with Ludvig via his light be under? Concept Manipulatin, NPI, or both? Cuz the light clearly hit him head on (albeit this was after Lui got stunned and incapacitated by Wil) and it not only damaged him but also removed all of his mystery and turned it into just a concept of darkness that isn't sentient like Lui.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Right. I'll go and change it to Type 1 later.
Also this has been on my mind for quite a while even before the translation came out, but what would Reinhard being able to interact with Ludvig via his light be under? Concept Manipulatin, NPI, or both? Cuz the light clearly hit him head on (albeit this was after Lui got stunned and incapacitated by Wil) and it not only damaged him but also removed all of his mystery and turned it into just a concept of darkness that isn't sentient like Lui.
Concept Manipulation - pretty damn good one too.

Right. Should probably think of something to add on there when we get the chance to unlock Rein's page and add in the other stuff.

I should also try and get a scan of Wil stating the range of his Briah being 500 meters and stamp that (link) on it too. And ofc Machina's of the statement of being able to destroy even concepts like Meth and how it would mess up the world order had that happened.

I don't think, it says at the end that staying there without souls means he will die and a normal human being could stay some minutes in the arctic too and die.

EDIT: Also, I tought he already had BFR but not in the conventional way since he needs to cage someone in those layers of night and then throw the cage away.

Is the reason why the LLT didn't erase Methesulah is because Machina isn't an Einherjar yet? Like Wilhelm was discussing stuffs about being an Einherjar of Reinhard and how it could make one powerful, kinda implies that Eleonare(one of the Three Commanders) is not an Einherjar yet.

Because that's the only logical reason on why LLT didn't erase the concept of darkness as a whole if it has Machina Briah, the answer is that it doesn't.

UnknownGodXXX said:
Is the reason why the LLT didn't erase Methesulah is because Machina isn't an Einherjar yet? Like Wilhelm was discussing stuffs about being an Einherjar of Reinhard and how it could make one powerful, kinda implies that Eleonare(one of the Three Commanders) is not an Einherjar yet.
Because that's the only logical reason on why LLT didn't erase the concept of darkness as a whole if it has Machina Briah, the answer is that it doesn't.
Machina's Briah has no correlation to Reinhard's Spear, and the ability to erase anything with a story is not connected to Machina's Einherjar status.

The only reason stated in the story is that Meth's sheer tenacity and willpower allowed him to survive.

The most logical solution is that it was a plot contrivance to allow Meth to have a conclusion with his relationships with Wilhelm and Claudia

It isn't really something that should be worried about, it's just PIS tbh.

It was repeatedly stated that LLT has the nature of Machina's, Schrieber's and Eleonare's Briahs in DI and was feared by Ren because it would erase his existence. The LLT came from Mercurius' desire, it has the potency to kill him("the light that purged the old world") but it was never implied in DI-IWKB- to erase a concept as a whole, of course it would damage him so much that it almost killed him because of its potency but it didn't erased the concept, just the personifcation and all its mystery.

I'd accept it as a PIS.

UnknownGodXXX said:
It was repeatedly stated that LLT has the nature of Machina's, Schrieber's and Eleonare's Briahs in DI and was feared by Ren because it would erase his existence. The LLT came from Mercurius' desire, it has the potency to kill him("the light that purged the old world") but it was never implied in DI-IWKB- to erase a concept as a whole, of course it would damage him so much that it almost killed him because of its potency but it didn't erased the concept, just the personifcation and all its mystery.
I'd accept it as a PIS.
LLT isn't literally based on Machina's powers though - it's a comparison of like abilities.

The LLT has all-ending lethality as Machina does, it has will always be faster than the opponent and ever miss like Schreiber and Elenore respectively. But they aren't correlated from one another.

Back