• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail - Heat Downgrade and Debunks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna say that this is not just about the translator notes but from what was said in the dialogue with how the phase boundaries achieved breakthrough which is the transition of one state of matter to another, and since it is heat base it would be plasma state, and that fusion has achieved ignition.

I have unlocked the thread. As far as I'm aware there has to be a discussion rule added in order for the thread to be closed outright.
Also, didn't notice this now, but now that I have...

Why...?

If this exact thing has been rejected before, and zero new evidence has been brought in, with the same arguments being repeated ad nauseum, there's no reason for this thread to continue.

The Magical Confinement Fusion isn't really what I have an issue with; it's the assumption that his attacks are that hot and that other characters scale to that heat value which I have an issue wit.h
It would have to be hot enough to achieve fusion which is plasma base, changing phases of matter

Just because you said it doesn't mean it's true. FT magic elements work like the real thing. Laxus's lightning, for example, functions like real lightning. Also, your Railgun example is bad because the Railgun isn't compared to a real railgun, whereas the Magic Confinement Fusion is actually compared to Magnetic Confinement Fusion

Still not seeing any good arguments here

• Laxus' lightnings happened during a sunny day, without any storm clouds. Wouldn't call it how a natural lightning works...

• How could you say it was not supposed to be compared to real railgun? Funny enough to only one who compares it to real MCF is translator-kun... the fact it has "Magic" in its name tells me there's something off and is not truly a real MCF.

Still not seeing anything that would make what english translator-kun has supposed to be even remotely canon.

Then there's also the problem of Neinhart' statement, since Natsu & Co. got scaled by the iffy and not-confirmed theory that Neinhart was aware of what Assault Mode Wall can do... we have no confirmations that Neinhart tried his ice on Wall too, especially cuz Wall was used to met the other Spriggan with a robot that was taking his role as a member.

It would have to be hot enough to achieve fusion which is plasma base, changing phases of matter
Hell, this plasma is literally mentioned as well, as it's stated that the magic is holding the plasma (basically, it's the exact same process, but with magic involved)

• Laxus' lightnings happened during a sunny day, without any storm clouds. Wouldn't call it how a natural lightning works...

• How could you say it was not supposed to be compared to real railgun? Funny enough to only one who compares it to real MCF is translator-kun... the fact it has "Magic" in its name tells me there's something off and is not truly a real MCF.
Now you're just going against stuff already accepted on-site for no reason. Laxus's lightning has multiple properties of real lightning, most notably that it can be attracted to lightningrods like Gajeel's iron.

And also, I can say it's not supposed to be compared to a real railgun simply because unlike the MCF process, it never is compared to its real-life equivalent.
Still not seeing anything that would make what english translator-kun has supposed to be even remotely canon.
We've explained why the translator's word is reliable here, which you have provided zero counter for. It's just "oh, I don't trust it"
Then there's also the problem of Neinhart' statement, since Natsu & Co. got scaled by the iffy and not-confirmed theory that Neinhart was aware of what Assault Mode Wall can do... we have no confirmations that Neinhart tried his ice on Wall too, especially cuz Wall was used to met the other Spriggan with a robot that was taking his role as a member.
First off, it's Invel, not Neinhart

Second, Invel is the literal Chief of Staff of the Alvarez Empire. Zeref's right-hand man. He of all people should know what the Spriggan 12 (of which he is a part of) can do.

The problem is those translator's notes are just from the eng. version of FT volumes. As i already said both the original japanese volumes nor other-language volumes have those notes nor explanation on what and how magics works.
That's not how publications are done, they have editorial teams double and triple check what's being published in order to make sure information is as close to accurate as possible, now mistakes can happen as nobody is perfect so claiming that he had trouble with one single word to discredit his ability to translate is pretty insulting to the individual/team, especially when Fairy Tail has very accurate English translations for 99.9% of the series.
Making all that just something that eng. translator-kun wanted to add personally, since he jumped from explaining what the name "Grand Chariot" stands for, to going into folklore, to pulling his personal theory behind the infamous MCF.
This is entirely unfounded as said translator is a trusted employee under contract with Kodansha to produce accurate details and descriptions about Mashima's work for the English language as translating from Japanese is difficult. So, unless you can prove the Kodansha itself is going against Mashima's wishes then you don't have a point here.

Now you're just going against stuff already accepted on-site for no reason. Laxus's lightning has multiple properties of real lightning, most notably that it can be attracted to lightningrods like Gajeel's iron.

And also, I can say it's not supposed to be compared to a real railgun simply because unlike the MCF process, it never is compared to its real-life equivalent.

We've explained why the translator's word is reliable here, which you have provided zero counter for. It's just "oh, I don't trust it"

First off, it's Invel, not Neinhart

Second, Invel is the literal Chief of Staff of the Alvarez Empire. Zeref's right-hand man. He of all people should know what the Spriggan 12 (of which he is a part of) can do.

• As i said, it's not fully based on natural stuff.

• But the MCF is only compared to real-life equivalent due to what english translator-kun supposed in his notes.

• Actually i have provided several counters (with several users agreeing and others doubting about the MCF stuff... like in the previous @Alsotime's thread that got closed prematurely and due to, technically, bias... since the one with the power to close threads was debating against him and all the debunks regardless) that you simply refuses to take into consideration, keeping running around your idea that "a single unknown dude with no power over the series has all the rights to make what he solely supposes to be canon and undeniable" ... it's the same as a fan-theory, unless disproved by the mangaka or the canon source itself

• My bad.

• So Invel knowing that real-body Wall can go into Assault Mode and what is capable to do is based on... it should know and/or should have tested his ice on real-body Wall's arsenal... ?

Huh, and you were chatting here the whole day instead? Dude-

I will request thread closure.

And got rejected?

Actually the previous thread that you can find out down here on "similar threads" (here's the link, just to be sure). Was not rejected from the majority... actually the whole debate was still on, with several people agreeing with @Alsotime's downgrade and other being sceptical about that translator's personal info. But it got weirdly and prematurely closed.

However... Alsotime and his supporters were against the same guy who basically insta-closed this thread, @DemonGodMitchAubin which turns out not just being a thread moderator, hence with the power to close threads as much as he wants regardless... but it's also the use who Alsotime & Co. were debating against.
Now i'm not trying to say it was an unfair and biased move but... it is what it is. No offense btw.
@Damage3245 unlocked it cuz there has to be a discussion rule added in order for the thread to be closed outright. Unironically this thread got locked by the same user who locked the not-finished Alsotime's previous thread.

• As i said, it's not fully based on natural stuff.
Just asserting this to be true doesn't make it true
  • But the MCF is only compared to real-life equivalent due to what english translator-kun supposed in his notes.
And we've explained why the translator is reliable here
  • Actually i have provided several counters (with several users agreeing and others doubting about the MCF stuff... like in the previous @Alsotime's thread that got closed prematurely and due to, technically, bias... since the one with the power to close threads was debating against him and all the debunks regardless) that you simply refuses to take into consideration, keeping running around your idea that "a single unknown dude with no power over the series has all the rights to make what he solely supposes to be canon and undeniable" ... it's the same as a fan-theory, unless disproved by the mangaka or the canon source itself
You keep going on about "bias" this and "refuse to consider" that just because people don't agree with you. We've gone over why this isn't a fan theory, but rather it's actual canon info. In spite of this, you keep regurgitating the same arguments over and over again.

You know what that's called? Stonewalling
  • So Invel knowing that real-body Wall can go into Assault Mode and what is capable to do is based on... it should know and/or should have tested his ice on real-body Wall's arsenal... ?
It's literally a logical conclusion that as Zeref's second-in-command, Chief of Staff, etc. he'd know what everyone in the Spriggan 12 can do, since their capabilities are a necessary component of any battle plans laid out
@Damage3245 unlocked it cuz there has to be a discussion rule added in order for the thread to be closed outright. Unironically this thread got locked by the same user who locked the not-finished Alsotime's previous thread.
Quite frankly, Damage should not have reopened this thread

I don't believe it should have been closed in the first place. If there was a rule against the topic then I'd be in favor of it being closed.
It's the same arguments that have been rejected in the past, with no new information at all. Why should this stay open?

Nothing, it’s strictly a gauge for the characters heat levels and resistances
Since a thread moderator is here, would you mind closing the thread? There are 3 similar prior threads and all of them got rejected, this thread serves no difference. And there is hard rule for creating the same rejected thread.

Since a thread moderator is here, would you mind closing the thread? There are 3 similar prior threads and all of them got rejected, this thread serves no difference. And there is hard rule for creating the same rejected thread.
He did close the thread earlier, but Damage reopened it, so it might cause a closing/opening war

I don't believe it should have been closed in the first place. If there was a rule against the topic then I'd be in favor of it being closed.
My bad:

When creating content revisions, it is essential to ensure that the topic has not been addressed previously. Rejected content revisions cannot be resubmitted within a short period of time (typically defined as within 3 to 4 months), except in cases where a staff member has a good reason to do so (e.g. important unconsidered information, violation of site standards or flaws in a calculation). This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate or have been rejected due to a clear conflict with the wiki's rules or standards. If a thread passes or is rejected without significant opposition, then opposition should not be restricted from making a point.

I know of what I am talking, I created this rule. Do you mind closing it? I want to steal Clover right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back