• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boa Hancock Note Removal

This should be a pretty simple thread given how self-evidently useless this note is.

On Boa Hancock's profile, we have a note that explains the following:

Note: Not to be confused with the Will Smith character of the same name.

Now, I don't believe I have to really explain why John Hancock and Boa Hancock aren't the same names, they just share similar last names. But, both characters, with the exception of their last names, are so distinctly different that noting Boa being different from John is useless. The distinction is self-evident. One is a character from an American movie, played by an American actor, who is male. While Boa is a character from a Japanese anime, voice acted by a Japanese actress, and is female. It's nigh-impossible for you to mix up these characters, even when possessing next to no knowledge about them. Hell, Boa and John are also two distinct names that you can't mix up like that.

In short: The rule is useless because the distinction is already self-evident, and as such, it should go.

Agree

Idk tho...🐵 They look very similar 🙈
boa_hancock__original__by_monkeyoflife_detnefl-fullview.png
latest

This should be a pretty simple thread given how self-evidently useless this note is.

On Boa Hancock's profile, we have a note that explains the following:

Now, I don't believe I have to really explain why John Hancock and Boa Hancock aren't the same names, they just share similar last names. But, both characters, with the exception of their last names, are so distinctly different that noting Boa being different from John is useless. The distinction is self-evident. One is a character from an American movie, played by an American actor, who is male. While Boa is a character from a Japanese anime, voice acted by a Japanese actress, and is female. It's nigh-impossible for you to mix up these characters, even when possessing next to no knowledge about them. Hell, Boa and John are also two distinct names that you can't mix up like that.

In short: The rule is useless because the distinction is already self-evident, and as such, it should go.
Agree, Tbh i saw that in her profile just now 😂 this is actually funny to mix up them.

Back