• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devils Do Cry: Peak of Conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the verse is at 2-C and has been looked at extensively. You are feel free to search more but most content has been examined as the verse is quite old. The whole issue was the game on android and more importantly for us the scans that would raise a 2-C verse to at least 9-D and maybe beyond that.
I believe the current scaling comes exclusively from mainline game content (2-C feats involving the Human and Demon Worlds, like merging them in DMC5, Immeasurable speed and LS come from DMC2), so I don't think there's any concerns there. It's just a matter of removing PoC 1.0 content and disallowing the use of it (and scrutinizing 2.0 content)

I believe the current scaling comes exclusively from mainline game content (2-C feats involving the Human and Demon Worlds, like merging them in DMC5, Immeasurable speed and LS come from DMC2), so I don't think there's any concerns there. It's just a matter of removing PoC 1.0 content and disallowing the use of it (and scrutinizing 2.0 content)
Yeah I never said anything about that. Just informed him on the verse so that he doesn't think any other content is problematic. The whole deal was the poc scans. Everything else is pretty much accounted for and documented.

So about the whole "oh the language is too battleboarder-y and related stuff"

The chinese developers are well aware of this wiki, the implications and the "characters we created" and I'm pretty sure we have been saying that since day 1.

How do we know someone you may ask? It isn't because of statements that are pretty much textbooks definitions but all because of Pluto, a character who was born in this wiki.

For context during the 2018/19 era DMC was going through a series of threads with the intent of getting the verse back to 3A and in one of those posts Kepekley came with a theory that unified the DMC lore perfectly and the result was Pluto the demon king who was killed by Mundus. This wiki was the first one to have such character ever and with a very specific description too (A black horned demon god with a spear) while other places (like the DMC wiki) still believe to this day that Mundus is Pluto.

Why is this important? Because Pluto in Peak of Combat was officially introduced in 2021.

So for those of you wondering why the text feels too battleboarding even in 2.0 is because the developers all the way there in china know about this place and have been taking notes.
That kinda does make this worse, ngl

Starting to sound like a suggsverse thing imo

I want to give a few final words so that the staff themselves can make a decision

Regarding Peak Trial, as I mentioned in my first comment, the first phase will always have the same loading screen, as indicated in the videos (so I won't emphasize this)

But it is in the second phase where these loading screens change directly to show a different one, as seen in the video, the background is the same as the first phase but in the second phase they show the same background again but with a different descriptiont, and this is not the only case, in these videos we can see that a loading screen is totally different from the one in the first phase but that its description also changes, being in the first video from the second 02:21 and in the second video in time 00:52 to further prove the point I've been trying to make, that the loading screens are random.

As for another point I want to make, is that in the scans pointed out by the OP there are people who claim to have found the scans, so these people may not have the power to point out whether they are real or not, but the point what should be noted is that they are not related to many of DMC and VSBW. Basically demonstrating that third parties have witnessed the scans in their respective games.

As noted in one of the comments I read, no Peak Trial videos with Griffon was detected, even though PeakTrial contains all of the bosses Dante fights throughout the main story (including Griffon). This points out my other point, that even though we haven't seen videos of these, it doesn't mean they don't exist, one of the reasons the scans were highly controversial. But PoC was always subject to change, let's see that the Nightmare scan for example, never appears in version 1.0, but over time we now know that it will be available for version 2.0

All the PoC guys took the scans with a grain of salt (and I don't blame them) and Sevil was no exception, to the point that he went to the trouble of asking someone on the translation staff.

Okay, other staff had voiced their opinion on it here so I thought we were going to handle it here. I will move it to the RVR thread, then.

A ban would be in a RVR thread, not on a Staff CRT. So this is the entirely wrong place for it Deagon.

Don't make another comment like this on this thread.
All due respect, the fabrication of scans is the entire subject of this thread, and I DID mention banning those responsible in the OP, so I don't think it's necessarily wrong to bring it up here.

All due respect, the fabrication of scans is the entire subject of this thread, and I DID mention banning those responsible in the OP, so I don't think it's necessarily wrong to bring it up here
You can bring it up here but the decision and evidence have a dedicated thread for where they happen. I'm not for banning people on a seperate CRT since it'll set a bad precedent.

All due respect, the fabrication of scans is the entire subject of this thread, and I DID mention banning those responsible in the OP, so I don't think it's necessarily wrong to bring it up here.
Well I think what's meant is that disallowing the use of PoC 1.0 content because of fabricated scans should be addressed here, while reporting those who fabricated said scans would go to the RVR thread

Edit: Ninja'd, dammit

So as to the matter of using PoC scans, the "Global" release which will have full English localization is coming out on December 4th I believe. Would it be best to just disallow Chinese scans for the time being and only allow ones from the English global release?

Although, I'll note that I am in favor of disallowing PoC entirely, as the community largely considers it non-canon outside of battleboards.

So as to the matter of using PoC scans, the "Global" release which will have full English localization is coming out on December 4th I believe. Would it be best to just disallow Chinese scans for the time being and only allow ones from the English global release?

Although, I'll note that I am in favor of disallowing PoC entirely, as the community largely considers it non-canon outside of battleboards.
I would like to put things on hold for now.

Deleting things just to readd them may risk for easier possible fabrication, which the OP despise against.

We should refrain any "versus oriented versus threads" in this regard however. Until the global release happens and see how much the translation differ or coincide - then we may discard anything.

Besides, I do not even see proofs beyond reasonable doubt those scans are fabricated - they are just technically really hard to check authenticity - which may just be the case for other verses - but for other verses they are in English or Japanese which is far more popular (in the US ACGN circle) than simplified Chinese and Putonghua.

A general ban of chinese poc scans is good and when the english stuff are brought up properly they can be used for a separate profile that would scale to poc only, except if hard proof comes that the game is totally canon in which case it would apply to the existing profiles. From what I see it's considered at most non-canon and at the least set in a weird pararrel timeline kind of like a what if.

Devil May Cry Peak of Combat takes place after the events of Devil May Cry 3 in an alternate universe. It isn’t canon so the developers took a lot of liberties when it came to its story, but it also means there are a few new things that you usually don’t see in the mainline games, like a lot of human NPC.

This site states it is non-canon and

As of March 16 & reiterated in April 19 livestream in the FAQ channel in the DMC Peak of Combat discord server

"Parallel Universe, there is no time paradox. Set between DMC3>DMC1>DMC2>DMC4. It is not 100% Canon"

in Reddit there is this statement. Both of these at least support it's not exactly canon even if the second argument is kind of weird. We should see what the DMC wiki also comes up with and more importantly if a formal statement also comes up to support it being 100% canon.

A general ban of chinese poc scans is good and when the english stuff are brought up properly they can be used for a separate profile that would scale to poc only, except if hard proof comes that the game is totally canon in which case it would apply to the existing profiles. From what I see it's considered at most non-canon and at the least set in a weird pararrel timeline kind of like a what if.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=devil...E7FC44B18C71E3874BD47B1B&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

This site states it is non-canon and

As of March 16 & reiterated in April 19 livestream in the FAQ channel in the DMC Peak of Combat discord server

"Parallel Universe, there is no time paradox. Set between DMC3>DMC1>DMC2>DMC4. It is not 100% Canon"

in Reddit there is this statement both of which at least support it's not exactly canon even if the second argument is kind of weird. We should see what the DMC wiki also comes up with and more importantly if a formal statement also comes up to support it being 100% canon.
When DMC POC is officially licenced by Capcom from the mouth of the author you are questioning on the authenticity.

... where a separate media website just says "it is not canon" you are buying without a question of doubt?

I can see a claim from a journalist from Qoo App no different in authenticity and canonicity from a WatchMojo journalist commenting on a fictional verse.

Noted, but my personal stance is that I completely disagree with that. The consensus amongst the staff appears to be strongly in favor of removing the scans.
That means I am outvoted instead of being convinced. Great. Thanks. You have set up a good example that appeasing the mods are more important than checking the authenticity of the materials examined.
Can we have some time for any supporter or opposed to make backups so that even if they are deleted they can be restored properly without authenticity loss? Or we are just editing profiles such that people can always look to the history section to check for the content removed (temporarily or permanently)?

(Rule violation claims are to be dealt with in rule violation claim threads right? I will follow if I have time.)

Last edited:
So first is basically you are choosing and picking what statements to use from the discord managers?

Ignore the ones that confirm the scans but allow the ones that contradict the chinese blogs?

Second is using a third party article instead of the developers/publishers articles.

Well...

Got permission to comment here

Just give my two cents on this situation as someone who has followed PoC on and off (hoping for a nice Hack "n" Slash on the go but got sorely disappointed with the global version), I want to draw closer attention to what @Tony_di_bugalu said here...
So for those of you wondering why the text feels too battleboarding even in 2.0 is because the developers all the way there in china know about this place and have been taking notes.
If this is true this isn't first time VSBW had a situation similar to this, the now deleted Blue and White verse used eerily similar battle-boarding terms too (but the main reason it got deleted was for plagiarizing other works including DMC) and there're verses that are straight up forbidden from being indexed here due to the authors being power-scalers and/or being too obscure outside a certain community/region.

Even ignoring the arguments of forgery and trying to manipulate the wiki, the core basis of 9D lore DMC comes from scans and footage from a specific version of a Chinese gacha game, that isn't referenced in future versions of the game due to updates/patches removing them, isn't referenced in the mainline games or widely available canon materials, that said gacha isn't fully available to most people to play until December this year and the original non-localized lore (from 2021/2022 iirc) was potentially written by those aware of battle-boarding. No other popular verse on the Wiki has been given this much leeway in terms of "credible" sources.

I honestly believe there needs to be tougher scrutiny on the validity of content from obscure origins that is locked behind a language barrier and/or limited accessibility, since this seems to be a potentially easy loophole that most users won't be able to see coming and verse supporters (unintentionally or not) can exploit.

I won't comment further on this thread but this type of situation has repeated itself both here and in other communities, a line needs to be drawn to avoid this happening yet again in future (regardless of what will eventually happen to the PoC content here, since the standards are poorly defined). IIRC DMC is still Low 1-C or at bare minimum 2-C without PoC so that's a-ok with me).

Last edited:
When DMC POC is officially licenced by Capcom from the mouth of the where a separate media website just says "it is not canon" you are buying without a question of doubt?
I can see a claim from a journalist from Qoo App no different in authenticity and canonicity from a WatchMojo journalist commenting on a fictional verse.
Also in Reddit two separate times the one I posted and the other with a live video is this:

No idea why you felt the need to disregard it so easily when it said the same thing reddit did that they have stated that's it's a pararrel universe as it clashes with any semblance of established story. So no I didn't "buy" it that easily. There is nothing confirming it canon realeased newly, so I feel saying it is canon when it goes against character meetings and events is much more of a logical stretch than not considering it so at least without further proof.

The video has since been deleted, but this is the newest info I can find which is why I stated what I stated and the article also mentions non canon due to the pararrel universe thingy which is the said thing that was said here and on the previous reddit thread.

Last edited:
Right, please don't derail with canonicity talk. That can be saved for when a thread for the 2.0 stuff is made. That said, there seems to be unanimous agreement among staff with evaluation permissions that the scans shown in the OP are fake, so would it be fine to apply the discussion rule?
I wrote a more polished version:
Do not attempt to revise the statistics and abilities of characters based on scans from Version 1.0 of the mobile game Peak of Combat. This version is no longer accessible for any users, making scans from it highly subject to fabrication and difficult to verify as authentic. While evidence from Peak of Combat for Version 2.0 onwards is acceptable, members should analyze any such evidence with a reasonable degree of scrutiny.

Last edited:
I've spent the past few hours sifting through the evidence, including the OP, the thread, the cases provided by Galens and Sevil, and my own research into PoC and its systems/lore. These are my conclusions.

A large portion of this evidence, including the language used in the scans, the unusual nature of the lore provided, and the oddities in the developer responses are pieces of evidence I consider compelling, but not conclusive. On the basis of these pieces of evidence, I would be willing to remove the scans from all DMC indexing, but I would not be willing to take action against Galens - the former only requires establishing the evidence isn't verifiable, the latter requires establishing unquestionably that Galens fabricated the scans, two very different levels of evidence.

However, there is one piece of evidence that I believe conclusively establishes this case, which is the discrepancy in the footage provided by Galens. I have checked through the footage by Galens, as well as the alternate footage provided in the OP, and footage of the game from several other channels on YouTube - all frame-by-frame, and all cross-referenced thoroughly. In every single piece of footage I have identified that was not recorded by Galens, I can confirm that the artwork on the loading screen does not pop in until a minimum of several frames into the loading screen; there is always an intermediary period in which the loading screen has appeared and the artwork has not loaded in yet. Always, with the one exception of Galens' footage with the scan on the loading screen.

Galens' prior argument, that this was due to stuttering in his game, does not work either. For one, I can find no other discrepancies in Galens' loading screen footage to suggest the game was stuttering during the loading period - the loading screen includes the animation of the neon light flickering, and I can find no sign at all that this animation is lagging or skipping frames. Secondly, in the alternate footage I've found, there have been numerous examples of videos of the game that evidently stutter far more than Galens' footage does, and none of them ever result in skipping the first few frames of the loading screen. Thirdly, if it was even hypothetically possible for frame skipping to occur on the loading screen to produce this effect, I would naturally be expected to have found it at least once by chance - yet, with dozens of examples, I can consistently identify that nothing even remotely similar has occurred.

The reason why I believe this evidence conclusively establishes the case against Galens where others do not is because, as far as I can tell, there are no reasonable alternate explanations for this discrepancy beyond what has been proposed in the OP - namely, that the footage has been doctored. Alternate explanations may exist for, say, the suspicious use of language in a scan; but in these circumstances, I don't believe there is any alternate explanation for the discrepancy we observe in the footage. As Galens has already clearly expressed the fact that they were the one who played the game in this footage and recorded it, there is furthermore no person who could have reasonably been responsible for doctoring this footage other than Galens. If this logic holds, then it establishes that Galens doctored footage to falsify the existence of scans which they were then responsible for indexing on the wiki.

As I have stated, and will reiterate here, I wish to give as much opportunity as possible to Galens and the other opposition to defend their case. If this deduction can be proven to be invalid - for example, by proving that there was a reasonable alternate explanation for the discrepancy, or that there is another person who could have reasonably doctored the footage - then I will give your argument my analysis and reconsider the case with the factors you have acknowledged. At present, however, I see no reason to deny the notion that Galens doctored the footage for the purpose of falsifying scans that they used for indexing on the wiki, and I would therefore support a permanent ban.
I expected nothing less from you, Grath, which is to say that you have too much time on your hands for how well you undertake tasks such as this. Ought to find a more rewarding hobby.

Still, having read the thread rather than attending to other duties myself, I am in agreement, especially with this particularly damning evidence. Galens ought to be permanently banned for faking scans (and going through what seems like a great deal of trouble to do so whilst covering his tracks). Vehement supporters ought to, in my view, also be regarded with a great deal of caution- it is speculation, but I find it very likely that others were involved, while Galens is the core figure. It takes a village, as it were.

There are other facets to this thread to be discussed, by probably more knowledgeable sources than I- the question of (mostly) lost media being used is a complicated one, as is the question of canonocity in this circumstance. If my opinion were desired, I'd say that simply not using questionable sources is the best approach- but I will leave that discussion to other threads made by other users.

I think this rule works fine, for the record, yes.

So first is basically you are choosing and picking what statements to use from the discord managers?

Ignore the ones that confirm the scans but allow the ones that contradict the chinese blogs?
No, because there is no statement that confirms the scans. The statement you're referring to proved the developer didn't recognize them, which is why he said they were "probably" from an earlier version. If he knew of their existence prior he wouldn't need to caveat it with probably. There's no way around that at all.

Hold it. Since the canonicity of ver 1.0 (and to some people the canonicity of the POC game itself) is being challenged, we may as well just hold all edits on Devil May Cry until the ver 2.0 release.

Maybe settle the official license claim versus non-canon claim first.

I'm gonna be that guy, the nitpicky one, for a second and say that all instances of the title Peak of Combat should be italicized for consistency sake (in the current draft it's italicized once and then left as normal the second time). Apologies, I just hyperfixate on things like that

The rule itself is obviously still fine, though despite the unanimous staff agreement, we've gotta wait another day because of the 48 hour rule before applying anything

Got a permission to comment here by Theglassman12, either way I would like to advice everyone to handle the canonicity part in a whole separate thread rather than arguing it here to avoid derailing or we can address that point when the game is globally released in December.
Version 2.0 is out

The thing that's coming out on December 4th is the Global release
Now Lawyer's draft should work.

And we shall really observe what is on and what not.

I'm gonna be that guy, the nitpicky one, for a second and say that all instances of the title Peak of Combat should be italicized for consistency sake (in the current draft it's italicized once and then left as normal the second time). Apologies, I just hyperfixate on things like that

The rule itself is obviously still fine, though despite the unanimous staff agreement, we've gotta wait another day because of the 48 hour rule before applying anything
Done.

um if this thread is finished can i just say something
someone needs to delete this part in the dmc verse page
"The Top Tiers, however, already vastly surpasses the earlier levels, currently being at Complex Multiverse level with several characters capable of affecting the entirety of the Demon world which is a 9 dimensional realm via it housing the souls origin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back