• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Adam downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Right, this thread is nothing of any real note, just a minor thing I think most if not all people agree on at this point.

Let's look at Adam Taurus.

"Should be superior to base Cinder Fall"

This okay for a justification until you realize this.

Base Cinder isn't 7B

Think about this for a second, if Cinder Fall was comparable to if slightly weaker then the rest of Salem's group, the entire reasoning behind Cinder Fall hunting the Maiden's would be genuinely pointless, she is risking getting captured, having her entire plan spilled out, over a boost that is barely over two times stronger.

"But if she was the Weakest why did they send her to hunt the maiden"

Because she was the only person amongst Salem's group who can acquire her power, remember, young woman who's last thoughts were in the maiden's head can have the power, no one else, only one in Salem's group who fits that bill is Cinder.

Moving on, Adam being 7B over this somewhat flimsy justification is never once actually shown.

1. Casually stomping Pre Timeskip Blake and Yang, well okay, but these are their 8C+ to baseline High 8C versions, and he was able to stomp Yang so easily by using his semblance, so that's more consistent with High 8C.

2. A bloodlusted Adam got knocked out by Blake, now I understand this was a somewhat surprise attack as she dodged, but still, he initiated an attack and still managed to get briefly KO'd

3. In the very next episode Sun and Blake both manage to briefly match and parry Adam's blows, bear in mind, still bloodlusted, and no form of being casual at all. And yes I get Blake said not to go after him, but this wasn't indicative of him being 7B, just a higher end of High 8C.

TLDR Base Cinder and Adam go to High 8C. With "Higher with semblance" for Adam

Adam should be At least 8-B with his semblance. Thus far no one, not even Vernal who oneshot Weiss' Arma Gigas, has been able to just straight up oneshot people's aura the way he did.

Gargoyle One said:
1. Casually stomping Pre Timeskip Blake and Yang, well okay, but these are their 8C+ to baseline Hugh 8C versions, and he was able to stomp Yang so easily by using his semblance, so that's more consistent withHogh 8C.
Has there been different versions of this word the entire time?? I smell a MASSIVE revision of the entire wiki. OvO

Didn't Base Cinder knock down Amber with glass shards when Mercury and Emerald's attacks did absolutely nothing to her as they were blocked by some kind of forcefield.

And then she got thrown aside by a surprise attack from Amber, the exact same attack that Mercury recovered from faster than she did.

I overall agree that Base Cinder isn't 7-B. She is nowhere near Tyrian either.

Well than no more comment agree with downgrade. By the way kinda off topic but why is Team CRDL High 8-C anyway? If I remember correctly Ruby easily overpowered him in the manga and the Ursa Major that overpowered him as well is only 8-C.

WeeklyBattles said:
Adam should be At least 8-B with his semblance. Thus far no one, not even Vernal who oneshot Weiss' Arma Gigas, has been able to just straight up oneshot people's aura the way he did.

Kepekley23 said:
And then she got thrown aside by a surprise attack from Amber, the exact same attack that Mercury recovered from faster than she did.

I overall agree that Base Cinder isn't 7-B. She is nowhere near Tyrian either.
Not too mention Tyrian managed to fight on par with someone who fought off half maiden Cinder, Mercury and Emerald, even assuming she's around Tyrian's level in base is ridiculous

Iirc in the directors commentary they said yang was fighting off screen but then again Rooster teeth does contradict themselves with wog so they could have changed there mind (or i could be remembering incorrectly)

Weekly haven't you been saying for months that Yang's aura was down to prove that aura can't be bypassed through strength?

@Gargoyle No? Ive acknowledged that Yang's aura was up for quite some time, and justified Adam's rating for being the tier he is because oneshotting through aura has never happened unless the opponent is several tiers above them

He also broke through Blake's aura as well when he was amped

Tyrian debunks your point. He doesn't help it. He had to hit Ruby many times to drain her aura completely.

So like are we just ignoring that Cinder completely defeated a 7-B character? Look at this point it's just 3 8-C's that took down a 7-B which for all intents and purposes should not be possible.

To actually have Cinder be so many tiers lower than everyone else in Salem's circle basically makes you think why she was even a member in the first place

I still think Adam should stay at Unknown though (7-B everyone does resolve the inconsistentcies....)

@Kep Jesus I already said it's PIS and that I didn't actually mean it to be taken actually into account. Could we just drop that? I don't mean to be rude but please?

So, what you are saying is that, the exact same Cinder Fall (50% Maiden) who is at best comparable to Tyrian and who was wary of Qrow, sought Adam despite being so much weaker than him she would take 6 hits to do what he could with a slash of his sword? Is that right?

@Nico

The problem is that, even though you admit it's PIS, you constantly try to upgrade them to that level. Nobody buys everyone in RWBY being 7-B. That'd only make the feat an outlier.

By the way, the directors of RWBY said on the Volume 3 Livestream that Adam's Semblance allowed him to absorb power from his enemies with his sword, which would very much explain why he could one shot Yang if accepted.

We keep getting many instances with them all taking damage and still surviving 7-B attacks. I get that you mean "stomp hits don't count" however surviving the attack of 7-B caliber at the very least is considered a durability feat.

Like how Bog's durability was upgraded due to surviving a mountain level attack.

So is the entire fight with Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald supposed to be an outlier?

I know this is won't go anywhere and is kinda derailing so I'll drop it if you so wish

Not sure.

Although, the exact wording was that he absorbed and sent back that energy, which wouldn't explain him carving through Yang's arm. Sending back her own energy at her would only work if her dura wasn't the same as her AP with her Semblance.

Tyrian failed to do the same to Ruby, for example.

Nico-v11 said:
We keep getting many instances with them all taking damage and still surviving 7-B attacks. I get that you mean "stomp hits don't count" however surviving the attack of 7-B caliber at the very least is considered a durability feat.

Like how Bog's durability was upgraded due to surviving a mountain level attack.

So is the entire fight with Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald supposed to be an outlier?
Casually stomped is not a feat for the upteenth time, stop telling people to drop it and then bring it up immediately after.

Bog tanked the bloodlusted attack no one in RWBY has ever tanked even a casual 7B attack, not a good example.

Yes, why wouldn't it be?

Even worse. Seeing as Blake is weaker than Semblance Yang. Absorbing two hits from her would be High 8-C at best.

Yang hadnt absorbed any damage when she activated her semblance against Adam, her AP and Dura didnt go up.

And that addresses the point how? It just means you agree that High 8-C attacks can shatter a 8-C+'s aura

@Gargoyle it doesn't make sense that those 3 were capable of beating a 7-B character.

Another option I've considered is everyone being 8-C (Or 8-B whatever). That would also clear up the inconsistencies. The calc putting the Maidens at 7-B only applies to weather manipulation and just the use of Maiden powers. This way the little issues I keep stating are fixed.

It's not that I'm trying to upgrade for the sake of upgrading, I just think that they're all the same tier, whatever tier that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back