• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Adam downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It addresses the point because her dura would only be 8-C+, not High 8-C like it would be if she had absorbed damage prior. It would also put him above the AP of a prototype Paladin with his semblance

Okay. Thanks for reiterating what I said then.

I guess Adam would be "Likely or at least High 8-C" with his Semblance then?

@Kep 'At least High 8-C, potentially higher' with the reasoning that it varies directly proportional to the amount of energy he absorbed.

Nico-v11 said:
@Gargoyle it doesn't make sense that those 3 were capable of beating a 7-B character.
PIS: Plot Induced Stupidity

What's so hard to understand about this?

In what way is it PIS? They didn't take a lot of direct hits from her; in fact they were running around and trying to dodge almost everything she was throwing at them.

Characters of a lower tier (working together and using surprise attacks) can defeat characters of a higher tier. There is no magical rule in fiction that prevents them from doing that.

EDIT: Maybe you're making the mistake of overrating Amber which is where your incredulousness of Cinder and company beating her is coming from.

Wasn't it stated that Amber was young and inexperience with her Maiden powers? Maybe Amber just didn't know how to use her powers to their fullest? (I could be wrong)

Either way I agree with downgrading Adam and Base Cinder.

Can we 100% rate Amber as 7-B then? She's blatantly shown to be the weakest Maiden and most inexperienced. If she were a lower tier then that would explain why Cinder and crew could beat her.

Either that or the opposite and Cinder and crew would scale to her (everyone else too). Anyway why would the creation of a storm directly correlate to AP? I mean is that not just plain weather manipulation? The energy present when creating the storms doesn't necessarily have to be present in any other powers displayed

She's not a lower tier.

Cinders team beat her through sneak attacks. That's how they hurt her. Every attack worth a damn caught her off guard.

Being off guard does not equal lower durability. Especially with that gap in AP. It's like someone beating someone else with a feather and winning just because it was sneak attacks

Nico-v11 said:
Being off guard does not equal lower durability. Especially with that gap in AP. It's like someone beating someone else with a feather and winning just because it was sneak attacks
It does prevent you from blocking and focusing your aura though.

The durability would stay the same with or without aura so there's no real difference. Besides there's no need to block something that'll feel like getting hit by a feather

Nico-v11 said:
That's actually very incorrect for many fictions, striking at an unprepared opponent does make them weaker and it's a very common trope.

Ragyō Kiryüi, Son Goku here etc.

And even if it wasn't PIS which it might not be. It would be an outlier

We had two big fights with 8-C's and a 7-B. One where Ruby cut off Tyrian's tail. Clearly the writers believe they're the same tier despite the storm calc that separates them. That's literally the only reason they are different tiers. There was a time when they were all the same tier on the wiki.

Tyrian was caught off guard and his aura was down.

When Ruby tried to shoot Tyrian with her sniper rounds she didn't even unconvinced a Tyrian who wasn't even paying attention.

The writers do know however that RWBY students are pathetically weaker then standard Huntsman

Weaker but not 8-C to 7-B. Dude having your aura down doesn't mean anything with that difference in durability. She shouldn't have been able to cut through. Like taking a knife to cut through a steel beam, not gonna happen.

Ruby failing to shoot Tyrian is a testament to his skill and nothing more. Also getting caught off guard doesn't mean you automatically physically become softer.

"I wasn't paying attention so now a paper cut can cut my arm off" that's literally the logic you just went by.

What makes you think that characters have the same Dura as their aura? I have literally never seen that.

Yes because Ruby not doing literally any form of even superficial damage means nothing apparently.

While it is unlikely that the writers took into account what could happen with a storm calc, they still clearly had an idea of generally where people would be. A young, inexperienced maiden being defeated by 3 people who specifically try to avoid any attacks and instead strike in unexpected positions isn't PIS. About your real life example, when a person is concentrating on a fight, they can do things with their body to mitigate blows, but getting slammed in some vulnerable area like the kidneys or floating ribs while not bracing for it is a far more debilitating blow than a punch you're expecting in a fistfight. While its not as extreme as in fiction, fiction doesn't have to make sense by its very nature and even then whittling down a stronger character by taking advantage of their inexperience and letting them get tired doesn't seem like too fallacious a strategy.

@Gargoyle that's been discussed before and agreed upon that the durability stays the same. If not then Yang would have blown off Mercury's head when she took out his aura in Vol 3 ch 6.

You mean that casual attack that was aimed at his leg?

Not a particularly good example especially when everything else contradicts

No. I meant right after his aura went down she punched him in the face with a full powered semblance fueled punch

Weird, that one instance and nothing else in the show comes close to that.

Especially since a shotgun round went off in his face and is fine but hurts when is shot in the leg.

RWBY=Inconsistent as hell

He was clearly faking it when she shot his leg. I mean seriously it's metal and the whole idea was to pretend that he actually got hurt so that doesn't count

There's also the part in the Yang Character Short that when she's lost her aura the Ursa doesn't let go but instead is still chomping on her and shakes her around. She then later uses her semblance to one shot.

1. If her durability wasn't the same then she would have died when the Ursa was biting and shaking her around

2. She would have destroyed her arm by the result of using her semblance

Nico-v11 said:
He was clearly faking it when she shot his leg. I mean seriously it's metal and the whole idea was to pretend that he actually got hurt so that doesn't count
Now that makes even less sense.

There's also Ruby getting kicked in the face after losing her aura against Tyrian and she stood up like it was nothing.

Sun getting stabbed by Ilia only resulted in a relatively minor wound (compared to what would have happened if his durability were lower without aura).

Tyrian never kicked Ruby in the face, and never once did he even hit her after her aura went down.

I highly Ilia is 7B so no, that doesn't count

https://youtu.be/p1vevcjcaqs (14:40)

After she's lost her aura gets kicked in the face.

What are you talking about Ilia? You skipped a word. Anyway she's not 7-B but we're talking about durability and Sun would have died instantly if his durability were lower than what aura would put his durability at.

I don't know what's going on but Nora was still able to do this without Aura.

https://youtu.be/7M5WRvBQW28?t=561

Ren is also able to damage the Grimm despite having no Aura either.

Qrow and Tyrian were still fighting despite having no Aura.

Ruby was Tyrian's target, Salem literally tells him not to kill her so of course she won't be hurt.

Hurt yes, killed no. So getting kicked in the face would knock her out. Besides Tyrian was about to sting her with his tail

Agree with the downgrade.

And something tells me that storm feat might end up being an outlier in the end, due to how inconsistent RWBY is. And I really doubt that the authors do math, so it's more likely

How though? Grimm Dragon's feat is around 5-6 thousand times below baseline 7-B.

And again, I'm not saying it is an outlier, I'm saying that it's only a possibility. We still have yet to see god-tiers' full capabilities.

And if its feat was that casual, then he should be "At least Low 7-C".

The Grimm dragon seemed to be feared by Ozpin so it's odd to have the dragon be a lower tier than even normal huntsmen, especially when the dragon was supposed to be a large threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back