• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I guess akm makes sense, however from the way he put it I have to wonder.

Which of the reported cases is actually "everyone even outside of the thread disagrees with me but I still continue"?

Cus while I like akm's solution, I feel like I haven't really done anything like that in recent memory. I appreciate the opinion, but I wouldn't appreciate if akm is just assuming I've done that.

If I have and just dont remember pls point it out tho.

Okay. It sounds like it would be best to ban him then. For how long would be appropriate?

Okay, that 2-3 months ban was for a different reason. I don't know if he did or did not do the things which got him banned for 2-3 months but what he did there was a jab (intentional or not) via his implicit bias, not the same thing he was banned for, so it isn't the "same" behavior and "not shaping up". It was just because he wasn't warned about it, no?

Understood. If he was warned about the same behavior you called out, an action has to be taken against said user. But is infinite ban a fitting decision for this?

Last edited:
I appreciate the opinion, but I wouldn't appreciate if akm is just assuming I've done that.
I am mostly going by what other members and staff members have told me in the past, I don't monitor you so can't really search up threads where you've done that. But you do show clear heavy bias for/against some verses to the point where your arguments end up having problems like Agnaa pointed out and your unyielding behavior manages to frustrate many users. Again, nothing wrong with voicing opinions and disagreements but you manage to do that in a fashion that's not quite bannable but just enough for people to lose patience to the point that you seem to have made a reputation for yourself. And I just wanted to suggest that maybe you should do something to remedy that or else you'll only have yourself to blame if people actively start searching for bits and pieces to get rid of you. I'd like to think you'd want to avoid that too.

He has consistently accused the site of downplaying/using headcanon as well as other things. Most notably on DC profiles. He was previously banned for similar behavior in the past. He also clearly has a pretty big bias towards DC characters.
I can see that he was banned for 2 months in September and if he hasn't shaped up still, we might need to ban him for 6 months this time if he keeps up his current behavior.

@Garchomp777

What do you have to say for yourself?
I tried not to criticize people but only the site itself, I apologize if I came off as rude or anything. I admit I did sound like I was trolling

for that pokemon stuff, I was serious about it but didn't want to debate about it here because I know it was gonna cause unneccessary drama.

As an outsider in the issue regarding the report against Firephoenixearl:

It is clear that at least more than one user has a problem with Firephoenixearl's behavior. It is clearly present, and it is clearly undeniable, which means it is there and it exists. But it's not like a behavior that warrants any drastic decision on the worst scale, like banning or worse.

So, even if it is confirmed that there is some bad blood between him and other users, at the worst case scenario for him, he'd only most likely get restricted from making some changes in that verse. At the best case scenario for him, nothing happens to him, which could just increase others' resentment against him. Which means this solution won't stop any kind of user dissatisfaction at all.

Or that rather, further continuing a report against Firephoenixearl may start to become a lost cause because it is clear that if somehow a verdict gets chosen, one of the two sides are most likely going to be dissatisfied (especially if things do not go their way), and bad blood will persist.

If so, then how about going for a different compromise. Because the discussion might go nowhere and derail. Let's say, if Firephoenixearl gets into a somewhat (or more) heated discussion with said supporters of such verse in a thread, then wouldn't it be optimal to instead ask for the assistance of several available, unbiased and reliable third-party users (by third-party, preferably people that are neither supporters of said verse nor Firephoenixearl himself), to then make a proper analysis on which side is actually right in the discussion, to make sure that bias is minimized as much as possible? (And as well as also encouraging him to tone down in a discussion so that it wouldn't escalate to this again).

Last edited:
You're right, the "Who was in paris" message is weird, but just not conclusive enough that it was meant for harm.

Last edited:
I agree Garchomp made some improvements; he's not going around calling people "Stupid" anymore. But he does have a tendency to not quite know what our policy on Outliers or PIS are as shown in the aforementioned Pokemon and DC threads. I have given him 2 warnings based on the old Pokemon examples prior to forum move. And it really isn't just him, but a lot of people on the wiki are biased towards Superman; it's not unpopular for people to have thoughts about wanting to downscale Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint characters from the Pre-Crisis cast. I still think that idea is ridiculous or for lack of better words, wanked; but it's not something absent from otherwise well behaved users. So I don't think that alone is ban worthy, though he shouldn't boast it on Vs Threads. I'm going to note he was at least genuinely polite in this example, but another example of naivety is him wondering why Mario and Luigi aren't 2-B outright.

I'm against a permaban, that is too harsh. But I'm neutral on the temporary one.

So is somebody in our staff willing to give him a very strict warning, or should we give him a 3 month ban?

Okay. I would appreciate if some other staff member is willing to give him an official warning.

Can someone please come tell people on this thread to calm it down with the hostility?

This report is mostly geared towards Matt’s derisive and confrontational remarks. He comes into the thread calling his opposition delusional children with rotted brains, repeatedly calling another user delusional over the course of an argument, outright stating his intent is to belittle others that disagree with him. Regardless of who’s right or wrong I don’t think comments like these result in a productive argument.

Can someone please come tell people on this thread to calm it down with the hostility?

This report is mostly geared towards Matt’s derisive and confrontational remarks. He comes into the thread calling his opposition delusional children with rotted brains, repeatedly calling another user delusional over the course of an argument, outright stating his intent is to belittle others that disagree with him. Regardless of who’s right or wrong I don’t think comments like these result in a productive argument.
Matt does that a lot

I read the thread. I think it started with the FRA remark at MikeBro25, then when MikeBro25 claimed that they were mocking his claims, they made a small jab about his points about the downgrade, and it only escalated from there, in which it started becoming too spicy in page 2, which only became worse on the next page. Getting to the point, Matt's remarks were unnecessarily adding gasoline to the already starting fire.

But what can be done about it?

Last edited:
I must agree that Matt's recent behavior on some of the threads I have been following, has been really bad. He often starts confrontation by insulting other users with rude and derisive comments, without any provocation and poisons the well in other cases. It has gone past the limit where it can just be waved off as him being brusque. I don't care if his arguments are right or not, but he makes less responses against the arguments he disagrees with and more remarks against the people he is in an argument with, which only manages to ruin and derail the thread.

Matt has been a great help over the years for a lot of franchises but I am starting to feel he has used up those excuses and it's time for him to take a short break from all this if he is unable to do it properly. I am personally advocating for a short ban here, but I will bring the matter up with the HR members and discuss it further over more evidences.

He has also behaved badly towards me in two threads about DC Comics recently.
You can link me the threads in private.

Back