• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about final fantasy 7’s beginning of game speed.

a device that generates an intense beam of coherent monochromatic light (or other electromagnetic radiation) by stimulated emission of photons from excited atoms or molecules.

I wonder why light is light speed hmmmm

Can I get a source for that?

also that was not linked on the page. Just them dodging the laser with a calc that doesn’t explain why it’s light speed.

And not all lasers in fiction are light speed. Hence why there are criteria on the wiki that needs to be met. And why I’m asking.

I disagree with all lasers being light speed. But to discuss it any further would be derailing this topic.

I'm not sure why they're considered light speed but @TartaChocholate would know, but there are consistent Massively FTL+ speeds from the High 5-A and above characters.

I know MFTL+ character’s. I’m just trying to make something that highlights the casts other feats outside of the really famous Supernova and Bahamut feats.

I know MFTL+ character’s. I’m just trying to make something that highlights the casts other feats outside of the really famous Supernova and Bahamut feats.
I think the reason why they assumed it to be LS is because lasers are literally light, and since characters later on get MFTL+ speeds far above baseline, then due to Occams razor its very safe to assume the lasers early on are light since it would be easy to believe someone is light speed if they get millions of times FTL within 1 game

Well I found a statment calling the lasers beams of light to answer my own question. Or well they say shinra security lasers are beams of light. Should stand to reason the robots lasers are also beams of light.

Back