• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, lobo's regen is stated to be low-godly but here's the thing- isn't the best feat displayed by him regenerating from a pool of his own blood? That's low-high. What's the evidence for his low-godly?

He is also completely banned from death; he was kicked out of both Heaven and Hell and was thus granted Low-Godly regeneration because of that. Although, this may be resurrection as opposed to Low-Godly regeneration, but might need input from DC experts.

Shouldn't being banned from death just be type 5? As for his resurrection, resurrecting after getting kicked out seems to be really a one time. I honestly can't find anytime he resurrected on his own after his body got erased. The regen from the blood pool thing seems to be his best feat.

He is also completely banned from death; he was kicked out of both Heaven and Hell and was thus granted Low-Godly regeneration because of that. Although, this may be resurrection as opposed to Low-Godly regeneration, but might need input from DC experts.
Yeah that’s just an Immortality Type not Regen

Don't know if you're jk but just in case you aren't, since this is a revision thread if you want something to be changed post statements backing up your claims.

The current justification fits better with Resurrection than straight up regen.
Has it ever even be stated that he can resurrect on his own though? That resurrection really seems to be a one time effect of him getting kicked out of afterlife. I mean from what I understand, a type 5 will only die if someone nullifies their immortality or uses EE, otherwise they would be able to survive physical destruction without regen in some sort of spirit form I guess?

I honestly agree that Lobo's regen should be downgraded to Low-High. It seems to me that Lobo can meet a physical end, he just can't pass on to a true afterlife. The decree that says he's banned from Heaven and Hell says his soul to not be collected. So, really, without his body or a body for that matter, he'd be stuck as a disembodied spirit capable of possession in a sort of Limbo in the living world.

So, I don't think Lobo has Type 5, he can die but he's denied any form of afterlife.

It seems like Low-High regeneration combined with either type 5 immortality or resurrection has been accepted then.

Absolutety. Simply saying that he's "banned from death" is also very misleading in his profile, the fact that he can't go to the places where he should be when dying should be noted.

His stats should also vary. And he should also get Soul Manip via what he did to that frog.

Absolutety. Simply saying that he's "banned from death" is also very misleading in his profile, the fact that he can't go to the places where he should be when dying should be noted.

His stats should also vary. And he should also get Soul Manip via what he did to that frog.
Can you please not just shove your own revision in this?
Like dude just make your own lol
Either way I agree with what was said so far

I agree with to downgrade his regen.

Albeit I'm curious as to what High-Godly regen Garchomp is refering to, unless he's just messing around.

So, I am going to sleep now. If this revision gets accepted, someone please apply the changes.

@Tllmbrg There're a lot things I would like to revise but can't due to lack of time, my options are either talking about this here where the character's being revised and not talk about it at all.

Thank you. That should be fine to apply then.

The guy I knew didn't reply to me, just close this thread. I'll read up on Lobo and find some good immortality and regen statements. However, I found something really good for Lobo. He is a multidimensional being existing in multiple realities, which is the reason why his power level is inconsistent. So I think its time to give an upgrade to Lobo and just say his AP "Varies" then link those scans and say "Usually 4-B" up to I think low 2-C or Low 1-C with certain versions maybe. I'll make a thread later and send it to you guys

Edit: Ok, found them. Immortality type 2 . He can regenerate from just a spirit. Its also immortality type 6. You guys really need to add them scans to the profile. This wiki in general really lacks scans and that's quite dissapointing.

This is the comic

Last edited:
The Multiple dimensional entities thing sounds very hyperbolic tbh; his variable tiers mostly ranges from being Batman level to Superman level. He's not like Darkseid who actually is an upper dimensional entity with avatars; Lobo's a wacky character who just happens to be variable. Though him being Superman's equal is very common, but even at his peak, he struggles to do his various planetary to stellar feats.

The Multiple dimensional entities thing sounds very hyperbolic tbh; his variable tiers mostly ranges from being Batman level to Superman level. He's not like Darkseid who actually is an upper dimensional entity with avatars; Lobo's a wacky character who just happens to be variable. Though him being Superman's equal is very common, but even at his peak, he struggles to do his various planetary to stellar feats.
How is that hyperbolic? Its just talking about how he has many avatars which is the reason for inconsistency. Nothing more than that. At the very least, its a good explanation on why he's inconsistent and why we can remove the "Far too inconsistent" from his AP and replace it with "varies"

Also, to make his low godly regeneration easier to believe and more consistent, hal claims he has to BFR to beat him even though we know Hal has existence erasure that works on non existent beings

I do agree Lobo can't be killed via traditional methods as BFR is commonly seen as the only way to truly defeat him; or in long term, he can only be defeated via existence erasure. And even Darkseid's avatars have difficulty doing that to him yes. But Lobo being a "New God" or something similar seems like news to me. Also, since when did Hal Jordan have existence erasure, let alone ones that work on characters with NEP? I know Pre-Crisis Hal has a bunch of hax that he no longer has Post-Crisis, but even so; I don't see that on his profile.

I do agree Lobo can't be killed via traditional methods as BFR is commonly seen as the only way to truly defeat him; or in long term, he can only be defeated via existence erasure. And even Darkseid's avatars have difficulty doing that to him yes. But Lobo being a "New God" or something similar seems like news to me. Also, since when did Hal Jordan have existence erasure, let alone ones that work on characters with NEP? I know Pre-Crisis Hal has a bunch of hax that he no longer has Post-Crisis, but even so; I don't see that on his profile.
It has nothing to do with new god stuff, new gods don't commonly use avatars, only Darkseid does, but extremely rarely. Its their true forms brought to Earth via boomtube reducing their size so they dont destroy the multiverse passively just by existing. I know it sounds extremely absurd but I'll make a CRT maybe in a few days for that.

Lobo's multidimensional avatars are different from the new gods one we all know about too. Also, Hal didn't get retconned by the crisis, they all resist the conceptual erasure from it. And Kyle Rayner and Anarky with just a few hours of training can erase the manifestation of the destruction of the universe and all of its laws. I disagree with it being an outlier, but if you think it is, it should be AP outlier not hax outlier. Comic name is Anarky #2. We can talk about it on a CRT next time

For now, do you agree with adding those scans I sent above to Lobo's profile?

The guy I knew didn't reply to me, just close this thread. I'll read up on Lobo and find some good immortality and regen statements. However, I found something really good for Lobo. He is a multidimensional being existing in multiple realities, which is the reason why his power level is inconsistent. So I think its time to give an upgrade to Lobo and just say his AP "Varies" then link those scans and say "Usually 4-B" up to I think low 2-C or Low 1-C with certain versions maybe. I'll make a thread later and send it to you guys

Edit: Ok, found them. Immortality type 2 . He can regenerate from just a spirit. Its also immortality type 6. You guys really need to add them scans to the profile. This wiki in general really lacks scans and that's quite dissapointing.

This is the comic
This is just type 6 immortality. It has nothing to do with regen. Low-godly regen means you're creating a new body from your spirit alone. That isn't what's happening here, the guy is possessing other people and their body is being transformed into his. From these feats lobo should be type 6 combined with low high regen.

This is type 6 immortality. Has nothing to do with regen. Low-godly regen means you're creating a new body from your spirit alone. That isn't what's happening here, the guy is possessing other people and their body is being transformed into his. From these feats lobo should be type 6 combined with low high regen.
But he morphed the frog into his body, usually type 6 is using another body then fighting with the new body. Would it at least count as pseudo low godly?

Also, you agree with the type 2 immortality? P.S read the comic

But he morphed the frog into his body, usually type 6 is using another body then fighting with the new body. Would it at least count as pseudo low godly?

Also, you agree with the type 2 immortality? P.S read the comic
Yes, I did read the comic. Type 2 seems to be fine. As for regen, it's just high end type 6, kind of how with high end low-godly you can regen your spirit and body provided they both aren't destroyed at the same time. With low-godly, you have to create a new body with nothing but your soul. Iirc if you soul is using raw materials like dust particles to create a new body after the previous one was erased, that also can count as low-godly but here lobo is outright possessing other people.

Though, I think it would be best if an admin were to confirm all the things stated here.

Yes, I did read the comic. Type 2 seems to be fine. As for regen, it's just high end type 6, kind of how with high end low-godly you can regen your spirit and body provided they both aren't destroyed at the same time. With low-godly, you have to create a new body with nothing but your soul. Iirc if you soul is using raw materials like dust particles to create a new body after the previous one was erased, that also can count as low-godly but here lobo is outright possessing other people.

Though, I think it would be best if an admin were to confirm all the things stated here.
Im gonna work on a DC CRT with a few lobo feats

Here it is, work in progress.

So what do you think? Should we remove low godly and replace it with regenning from a drop of blood + should we also add pseudo low godly since Immortality type 6 users usually don't recreate their own body?

And the type 2 immortality

Medeus and Nekron2 make sense to me.

The comment about Lobo existing in several realities is a metafictional reference to that his own old stories have recurrently been rather incompatible with regular DC superhero continuities, and that writers have been wildly inconsistent with his power level and characterisation.

Medeus and Nekron2 make sense to me.

The comment about Lobo existing in several realities is a metafictional reference to that his own old stories have recurrently been rather incompatible with regular DC superhero continuities, and that writers have been wildly inconsistent with his power level and characterisation.
No? Its just talking about how there's different Lobos. How did you come to that conclusion? Where is this assumption even from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back