• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I second the above report. I warned him after the third comment and throughout the course of the discussion he just keeps making comments like that.

I understand there is little appetite for dealing with even more MGK drama, but this genuinely is an issue and I'm not sure how to deal with it if my warnings are blatantly ignored as below:

I will not make fun of anyone who possesses some form of disability but I can only consider people who think of usage of the word "Ignorance" and being told "to think" as being mentally weak/vulnerable. There are places in the world where much more serious stuff is happening and this level of conversation is what bothers you? No thank you. I might just leave while leaving a comment that is clearly rude so that the accusation can be justified in your part.

Why are you acting innocent?
You called him a "low budget Sherlock Holmes" For which strangely enough, you have never been warned for that by @Deagonx . @Deagonx Only warning MG supporters shows favoritism to people that want to debate against MG.
At least in my eyes.
P.s idk how to insert links here but it's Reply #195 on same thread Pain linked.
I took a screenshot as well.

I support one month topic ban if anyone would consider it. And yes, he is one of my best friends in the community.

And I am saying this, because I am aware that he has poor choice of words and did not mean to insult any specific group but if he can't control having a conversation, then I cant defend him anymore

You called him a "low budget Sherlock Holmes" For which strangely enough, you have never been warned for that by @Deagonx . @Deagonx Only warning MG supporters shows favoritism to people that want to debate against MG.
At least in my eyes.
I didn't warn him because A) it was directly in response to a rude comment from Tatsumi and B) it is a very mild insult at best.

Once again your lack of any knowledge regarding MG is blatantly making itself known.
Low budget sherlock holmes, I never claimed to be knowledgeable in the first place, where do you keep seeing that?

I am not showing favoritism. The last time I participated in an MGK thread I was accused of being biased for MGK:
fqI9kL6.jpeg
And I have warned Fujiwara when she has gotten aggressive or rude.
So I fully reject these claims that I am biased towards or against the verse or Fuji or specific users. I am doing my best to be fair, but I am not perfect.

With that said. Given the recency of the last MG drama, I am going to be very strict with the removal of comments. No arguing about MG feats, no arguing back and forth about the report. Just let staff take care of it without given them 2 pages of arguing to sift through.

Last edited:
Not gonna defend him or whatever. I think there is some misunderstanding on first point.

But first comment mentally weak is referring to not like mentally ill.

It's looks like he is trying to say "for the Too sensitive people " that's what he was trying to say. Please don't take the statement out of context.

Well I don't know what people may do with this report but that point doens't seem to be offensive that's all I will say.

Additionally, if this individual is found to contribute amicably to other threads but not high-tier cosmic ones, perhaps another topic ban could be in order?
I think that a topic ban for at least a few months might be best, but it depends on what other staff members think.
And oh yeah, I recall commenting on this, and also agree that a topic ban is in order but not sure about the time frame but I also share Antvasima's sentiments on this.
So, on this matter, would we be comfortable moving forward with a 3 month topic ban?

At least in my eyes.
P.s idk how to insert links here but it's Reply #195 on same thread Pain linked.
I took a screenshot as well.
While I can understand the defensive position has some form of responsibility to keep calm underpressure, it is objectively the instigator who deserves the worse punishment when there is conflict. Anyway, I agree with Deagonx for the most part but I do think staff like him should still give at least light reminders to both sides in the future if there is drama/conflict on both sides. Though he was right that Tatsumi was clearly the one far worse between them and I do think the report is justified.

Given how much tension that several prominent other members apparently feel about Deagonx's involvement in MG threads, perhaps it would be best if you stay out of them and contents revisions about other verses that you know very little about until you have learned more about how to properly carry out your current staff duties? We cannot have our RVR thread constantly explode with extensive drama after all.

You know a lot about Marvel Comics and DC Comics, so those verses should obviously be fine to continue to help out with.

Given how much tension that several prominent other members apparently feel about Deagonx's involvement in MG threads, perhaps it would be best if you stay out of them and contents revisions about other verses that you know very little about until you have learned more about how to properly carry out your current staff duties? We cannot have our RVR thread constantly explode with extensive drama after all.

You know a lot about Marvel Comics and DC Comics, so those verses should obviously be fine to continue to help out with.
No offense, but this has very little to do with Deagon's capabilities as a staff member. MG supporters frequently act like this in all cases; Whether it be against me or against experienced staff members like @Theglassman12. So this is nobody's fault except for the accused.

If it means anything, I personally think Deagon has done a perfectly fine job as staff so far.

No offense, but this has very little to do with Deagon's capabilities as a staff member. MG supporters frequently act like this in all cases; Whether it be against me or against experienced staff members like @Theglassman12. So this is nobody's fault except for the accused.

If it means anything, I personally think Deagon has done a perfectly fine job as staff so far.
False there are tons of staff has participated in MGK threads

@Qawsedf234 @Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus @DarkGrath @LordGriffin1000 @Planck69 @Dereck03 @Maverick_Zero_X

They have even rejected so many abilities. No one complains about them. If everyone only complains about certain someone it should be taken a look at.

False there are tons of staff has participated in MGK threads

@Qawsedf234 @Elizhaa @DarkDragonMedeus @DarkGrath @LordGriffin1000 @Planck69 @Dereck03 @Maverick_Zero_X

They have even rejected so many abilities. No one complains about them. If everyone only complains about certain someone it should be taken a look at.
Me and several other staff talked with Dereck in DMs and we are currently deciding what to do here and considering to show some more support to the MGK supporters. But regardless, as Lephyr said, we should avoid bombarding this thread with this very topic and avoid making joke posts such as Shion's "Game Theory" one.

If I'm being honest, I think it only stirs the pot more if this whole "MG supporters are this" "MG supporters do that" thing is kept up. It creates an unnecessary and frankly somewhat toxic "us vs. them" mentality

As for Tatsumi, this behavior's been on repeat for a while so I feel like a topic ban is in order

Kind of off topic but should something be done about this post?
Perhaps a mod can put it in spoilers so we don't have to see a huge wall of text on the thread, or put it in it's own thread, all I know is that a calc like that probably doesn't belong in a general discussion thread.
I'll put it in a spoiler box.

Since I made the report, I will say I have rights to speak on the matter

This is not a Deagon issue at all, he did nothing wrong and was fair for all I know, this is a thing with some MGK supporters, they are unnecessarily toxic.
They believe they cannot be wrong and attacks anyone who goes against them, and I have been a target of their constant attack, from them referring to me as a dullard, ritad, idiot, clown and the likes, which I made a report for but I was told to let it die.
But hey do not take my word for it, you can check list of reports made specifically against MG supporters in the past year alone.

None of this reports has anything to do with Deagon and this is before he became a staff, so do you think Deagon is the cause of this dramas?
Deagon did nothing wrong, and I find it odd that you are not addressing the issue of someone who aggressive in the thread towards Deagon, Me and Fuji but somehow you took another way and passed the blame of the tension to be because of Deagon's involvement.
He did his duties just fine, even when Fuji got aggressive he told him to calm down, and told Tatsumi several times, but he kept at it. The only reason they do not like Deagon is because he disagreed with them on one or two threads, is it a crime for staffs and members to disagree with one another? He disagreed and they got aggressive, somehow he is the cause of the drama.

They follow this thought that "No one can try to downgrade MGK" which one of them said to me literally, which is why some of the abilities on the profiles are wrong and now there are people fixing them, so is it a crime to fix faulty profiles because the fans are prone to get aggressive? who is at fault here the people trying to fix the profiles or the ones who are aggressive? Your concerns are misplaced in this case.

Tldr: Address the one who was needless rude in a civil thread and stop blaming the one was trying to be helpful as a staff.

Anyway, I agree with Deagonx for the most part but I do think staff like him should still give at least light reminders to both sides in the future if there is drama/conflict on both sides. Though he was right that Tatsumi was clearly the one far worse between them and I do think the report is justified.
I have generally tried to give reminders to both, it can be challenging to navigate when it becomes too overbearing as these threads tend to have a very high level of tension, and it would be hard to interject every time. I wasn't intending to play favorites, I've warned Fuji before as well.

So, I primarily got involved in the MG threads due to RVR drama, and my intention was to A) Help reach a staff consensus about issues and B) Have a heavier hand in moderating these discussions given the persistent toxicity.

With that said, I don't have a problem with stepping back, but I don't think I have acted poorly or that I was carrying out my duties improperly. I don't mean that in a confrontational way, perhaps we can have a discussion in private about what I could have done better or where I acted incorrectly, as I am indeed new to staffing, but despite the accusations to the contrary I do not have a bias against MG, I have disagreed with Glassman and Fuji on a number of topics in the verse in support of it, but in general my sense of reason has aligned more closely to the "opposers" who have been seeking to remove what they (and I) perceive to be superfluous abilities on the profile. And I have done my best to help manage the pursuant drama that has taken place here when possible.

I am not invested enough in MG profiles or the series to lose sleep over the potential changes that could be made, and my general experience has been that the other staff members share my views closely enough that it will be in good hands regardless, but it's already a challenge to get revisions through given the limited staff interest.

I realize that I am now the subject of ire from many supporters of the verse, but I wonder if it sets a bad precedent to allow them to essentially expunge a staff member from discussions of a verse they support on the basis that they dislike me so much that my very presence in the threads makes it toxic. Rather, perhaps more thought should be given as to what extent a group of people with that temperament should be allowed to unilaterally pilot the trajectory of a verse on our wiki.

This is not a Deagon issue at all, he did nothing wrong and was fair for all I know
I am grateful for the support, though I do ask that you not rebuke Antvasima too harshly for making the suggestion that he did. He's trying his best to handle the drama in a way that is fair to all sides, and I am sure he doesn't mean anything negative by it.

I have generally tried to give reminders to both, it can be challenging to navigate when it becomes too overbearing as these threads tend to have a very high level of tension, and it would be hard to interject every time. I wasn't intending to play favorites, I've warned Fuji before as well.

So, I primarily got involved in the MG threads due to RVR drama, and my intention was to A) Help reach a staff consensus about issues and B) Have a heavier hand in moderating these discussions given the persistent toxicity.

With that said, I don't have a problem with stepping back, but I don't think I have acted poorly or that I was carrying out my duties improperly. I don't mean that in a confrontational way, perhaps we can have a discussion in private about what I could have done better or where I acted incorrectly, as I am indeed new to staffing, but despite the accusations to the contrary I do not have a bias against MG, I have disagreed with Glassman and Fuji on a number of topics in the verse in support of it, but in general my sense of reason has aligned more closely to the "opposers" who have been seeking to remove what they (and I) perceive to be superfluous abilities on the profile. And I have done my best to help manage the pursuant drama that has taken place here when possible.

I am not invested enough in MG profiles or the series to lose sleep over the potential changes that could be made, and my general experience has been that the other staff members share my views closely enough that it will be in good hands regardless, but it's already a challenge to get revisions through given the limited staff interest.

I realize that I am now the subject of ire from many supporters of the verse, but I wonder if it sets a bad precedent to allow them to essentially expunge a staff member from discussions of a verse they support on the basis that they dislike me so much that my very presence in the threads makes it toxic. Rather, perhaps more thought should be given as to what extent a group of people with that temperament should be allowed to unilaterally pilot the trajectory of a verse on our wiki.

I am grateful for the support, though I do ask that you not rebuke Antvasima too harshly for making the suggestion that he did. He's trying his best to handle the drama in a way that is fair to all sides, and I am sure he doesn't mean anything negative by it.
Yeah, after further statements. It doesn't sound like anyone considered you a bad thread mod, only that they were concerned about your sense of judgement as a debater for certain parts. Some verses are meant to have skepticism on it's powerscaling such as Marvel/DC while other verses are a lot more linear and/or face value. I also recall you being fairly fine on Dragon Ball threads for example. But thanks for helping out and trying to be reasonable regardless.

Well, it seems best that we try to figure out a balanced solution to this issue in private that is workable for both Dereck03 and Deagonx. Bambu and Medeus have already agreed to help me out with mediation in this regard.

And any further comments about this issue in this thread should permanently stop until then, yes.

Also, I was sent the following message in private:
EldemadeDityjon said:

Ant about Tastumi report here. I am not going to defend him but I want to clarify the first point. I don't want people to jump into different conclusion.

He was trying to say mentally weak as in sensitive not as Mentally ill or disabled.

I have seen many mistaken that especially dread in our chat. So I hope in RVR no one mistakes his word as wrongly.

So can you please convey this in RVR.

I don't care what staff will do with his behaviour a temporary Topic ban or not but please just clear this misunderstanding if anyone has this.

Not gonna defend him or whatever. I think there is some misunderstanding on first point.

But first comment mentally weak is referring to not like mentally ill.

It's looks like he is trying to say "for the Too sensitive people " that's what he was trying to say. Please don't take the statement out of context.

Well I don't know what people may do with this report but that point doens't seem to be offensive that's all I will say.
He made that comment here too, but was deleted by Deagon.

Well, Deagonx might have some confusion regarding when posts qualify as derailing spam or not, so maybe other staff members should handle deleting posts in this thread unless they are very blatantly incendiary?
I have taken a heavier hand with the MG drama due to how it is uniquely poised to spiral out. Bambu expressed that he struggled to follow had happened when trying to read over the recent drama, so I wanted to avoid a repeat which is why I deleted Pein and Elde's comments.

That's part of my job as a thread mod.
He is not saying it is not. But he is simply saying don't mark every comment as derailing. At least judge its quality and its importance.

Your duty is to ensure the thread not to be derailed but not to delete every comment while in matter of fact, they are still significant to a specific case.

Elde's comment literally contained an information that is worth noting, for starters

He is not saying it is not. But he is simply saying don't mark every comment as derailing. At least judge its quality and its importance.

Your duty is to ensure the thread not to be derailed but not to delete every comment while in matter of fact, they are still significant to a specific case.

Elde's comment literally contained an information that is worth noting, for starters
I understand. Elde's comment was a bit of an edge case because, IMO, the phrase "mentally weak" is not intuitively transposed to mental illness or disabilities and just comes off as a generic insult, and the more pressing issue was the general hostility. So I wasn't sure if clarification was needed and it presented the risk of turning into another argument that I felt we needed desperately to prevent. But I apologize for overstepping. I will adjust accordingly

https://vsbattles.com/threads/rule-violation-reports-new-forum.107529/post-5775598

Ant about Tastumi report here. I am not going to defend him but I want to clarify the first point. I don't want people to jump into different conclusion.

He was trying to say mentally weak as in sensitive not as Mentally ill or disabled.
These are the dictionary meaning of "mentally weak"
1. having or showing a lack of mental firmness; irresolute; vacillating. 2. lacking intelligence or judgment; foolish.

ADJECTIVE
lacking in stability of mind or character
lacking in intelligence

So in none of it does it mean "sensitive" in any context, and this is just one of the few comments he made that are rude.

Also someone should tag @Tatsumi504 at least he should know he has been reported

1. having or showing a lack of mental firmness; irresolute; vacillating. 2. lacking intelligence or judgment; foolish.

ADJECTIVE
lacking in intelligence

So in none of it does it mean "sensitive" in any context, and this is just one of the few comments he made that are rude.

Also someone should tag @Tatsumi504 at least he should know he has been reported
There is a local language where people don't use dictionary so stop this.

"I am mentally weak when comes to talking to too many people "

This sentence doesn't mean I am mentally disabled. You are just making it worst by taking it out of context.
I understand. Elde's comment was a bit of an edge case because, IMO, the phrase "mentally weak" is not intuitively transposed to mental illness or disabilities and just comes off as a generic insult, and the more pressing issue was the general hostility. So I wasn't sure if clarification was needed and it presented the risk of turning into another argument that I felt we needed desperately to prevent. But I apologize for overstepping. I will adjust accordingly
Pain already taking it out of context as I feared.

ADJECTIVE
lacking in intelligence

People don't always fully go by dictionary definitions you know...

It's not as if he's trying to deny the rudeness of it, just explaining what was meant, even if it was still rude.

Back