• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Not much to it, just letting y'all know I dropped a warning on @azontr's wall regarding poor behavior on wiki management threads, specifically misconstruing arguments from DontTalk to paint the man as saying much worse shit than what he was. As azontr is one of several serial re-offenders in terms of poor behavior on wiki management threads, this felt justified.
What about this?

Hi. I'd like to formally ask for the removal of the topic ban of @StrymULTRA
While he has shown aggression on point at the later duration of the debates
My report did not intend for such ban to occur, as it requested only a warning.

I didn't object because it was what the staff decided, based on behavior not limited to my own case.

Still, I would like to testify that Strym's opinions and knowledge on Undertale are still very much necessary.
While we disagree on the interpretation of that information
I find his overall hardwork on cleaning up scaling to be crucial. Please do consider my plead.​

The determination of punishment by staff members is solely based on the report and the user's history, without any consideration for the personal preferences of the users reporting the individual. Your intentions in the report hold no relevance when it comes to deciding the appropriate consequences for a specific user.

I am speaking in a general sense, and it appears you are being overly nitpicky.
The intention behind a report holds no relevance when it comes to selecting an appropriate punishment.

The determination of punishment by staff members is solely based on the report and the user's history, without any consideration for the personal preferences of the users reporting the individual. Your intentions in the report hold no relevance when it comes to deciding the appropriate consequences for a specific user.
The determination of punishment or removal of punishment is also not determined by regular members who state what Staff, and users already know.
Refrain from interfering or comment like you are part of the staff, Dread.​

I don't think I am part of determination of removal (never has stated to be), I am telling you that the request will be likely denied and save your time.

Not much to it, just letting y'all know I dropped a warning on @azontr's wall regarding poor behavior on wiki management threads, specifically misconstruing arguments from DontTalk to paint the man as saying much worse shit than what he was. As azontr is one of several serial re-offenders in terms of poor behavior on wiki management threads, this felt justified.
Yes, he tends to repeatedly be deliberately rude or undermine staff rulings. It is a bit of a problem.

Hi. I'd like to formally ask for the removal of the topic ban of @StrymULTRA
While he has shown aggression on point at the later duration of the debates
My report did not intend for such ban to occur, as it requested only a warning.

I didn't object because it was what the staff decided, based on behavior not limited to my own case.

Still, I would like to testify that Strym's opinions and knowledge on Undertale are still very much necessary.
While we disagree on the interpretation of that information
I find his overall hardwork on cleaning up scaling to be crucial. Please do consider my plead.​
Yes, he tends to repeatedly be deliberately rude or undermine staff rulings. It is a bit of a problem.
Hi, I'd really appreciate if you could address this...

He's only been given the very shortest topic ban, and it was for a pattern of behavior over an extended period of time, not just the incident with Yellow_Topaz. I don't think it's prudent to lift such a short topic ban early. It's good that he is taking it seriously, but I think it's best to take the full month off from it.

Reporting @TheMonkeMan for his behavior in this thread, namely here, here, and here. It includes some text walls so I'll also include the important, report-worthy things said as a bit of a summary:

Your ego could knock the ******* moon out of orbit lol. I make TWO CRTs on something and you lose your shit. I wasn't even planning on making another should this be rejected, I just wanted to at least make him downscale and be done, but keep acting like a manchild because "muh feelings hurt cause someone doesn't feel sympathy over muh calcs getting clowned on in vsbattles dot com", real mature, assmunch.

Trying to make an entire ******* discussion rule saying why LUCCI is Yonko level and anyone else is wrong and can not make a CRT debunking it, purely because someone only made 2 debunking it in the past, is why this clown got demoted months back and should have stayed demoted, if I'm being completely honest.

Anyway I'm gonna be gone for a bit, like 1-2 hours, if you wake up and decide to post another asshat debunk that people praise as a godly argument for some damn reason then let me know.

This is incomprehensible dog shit of an argument but I can't debunk it rn so just wait.

This is all practically irrelevant baby shit where you just whine in retaliation, so I'm gonna ignore this first half because it's not really anything of merit anyway and I don't think it's controversial to skip it.

Ah, you right, he wasn't knocked out or blitzed! Man, you're so right. I must have been reading it wrong. He was just taking a dirt nap! **** man.. You're so smart. You a rocket scientist or somn? Sheesh.

Also worth noting because I know people will bring up "well KingTempest was hostile in that thread too," while this was true at first, he already received his warning from ByAsura and stopped after said warning.

Reporting @TheMonkeMan for his behavior in this thread, namely here, here, and here. It includes some text walls so I'll also include the important, report-worthy things said as a bit of a summary:

Also worth noting because I know people will bring up "well KingTempest was hostile in that thread too," while this was true at first, he already received his warning from ByAsura and stopped after said warning.
I admit I was pretty toxic in that thread, and I do apologize fully for what I did, but one:
I practically stopped doing that after my first counterargument to his comment
Two: He literally said equally toxic shit to me and you just ignore that because you want to see me get punished for something I didn't even do that frequently.
I mean, I don't really care, because it's just a battleboarding site at the end of the day, but come on man.
Keep in mind he's breathing down my neck threatening to make an entire Discussion Rule and clown me on Discord because I made a CRT he doesn't like.
I'm not even sure why he's still here, crazy how someone can basically insult the head of the site and run off with a slap on the wrist but I retaliate against someone pressuring me and insulting me and I'm the devil.
Also, I apologized in that same thread for calling you wankers, it was just a joke even if it was poor humor, and I dropped the toxicity soon after.

Well, given that I think that TheMonkeyMan has been well-behaved in the past except for this incident, combined with that he apologised here, and was also provoked, I think that a warning message seems sufficient here.

I admit I was pretty toxic in that thread, and I do apologize fully for what I did, but one:
I practically stopped doing that after my first counterargument to his comment
Dude, one of your responses I mentioned in my summary was one of the most recent posts on the thread, wdym
Two: He literally said equally toxic shit to me and you just ignore that because you want to see me get punished for something I didn't even do that frequently.
I mean, I don't really care, because it's just a battleboarding site at the end of the day, but come on man.
Keep in mind he's breathing down my neck threatening to make an entire Discussion Rule and clown me on Discord because I made a CRT he doesn't like.
First off, “didn’t do that frequently” is just a lie. It was going on even well into the 2nd page of the thread. Also, “threatening me”? With a Discussion Rule? How is that a threat?

As for the Discord stuff, I don’t make the rules but offsite shit has no bearing so… what can you do I guess
I'm not even sure why he's still here, crazy how someone can basically insult the head of the site and run off with a slap on the wrist but I retaliate against someone pressuring me and insulting me and I'm the devil.
Again about offsite behavior…
Also, I apologized in that same thread for calling you wankers, it was just a joke even if it was poor humor, and I dropped the toxicity soon after.
I didn’t even report you for this so it’s a moot point

Dude, one of your responses I mentioned in my summary was one of the most recent posts on the thread, wdym

First off, “didn’t do that frequently” is just a lie. It was going on even well into the 2nd page of the thread. Also, “threatening me”? With a Discussion Rule? How is that a threat?

As for the Discord stuff, I don’t make the rules but offsite shit has no bearing so… what can you do I guess

Again about offsite behavior…

I didn’t even report you for this so it’s a moot point
Yeah I don't give a shit if it's offsite being ableist to the guy holding both the wiki and forum up ( along with AKM and Sultan it seems ) shouldn't be acceptable in any case.
But that's not what's being reported here, so I'll drop it.
Anyway, the most I can do is apologize.
I shouldn't have went off at everyone in that thread, though I was kind of spited into it.
Was sort of immature and aggressive of me.

Well, given that I think that TheMonkeyMan has been well-behaved in the past except for this incident, combined with that he apologised here, and was also provoked, I think that a warning message seems sufficient here.
I don’t mind this at all. Though I think it needs to be mentioned how his behavior has only gotten this way whenever Rob Lucci’s scaling is involved, because as you said, he’s generally well-behaved otherwise

Yeah I don't give a shit if it's offsite being ableist to the guy holding both the wiki and forum up ( along with AKM and Sultan it seems ) shouldn't be acceptable in any case.
I am not particularly sensitive about others being ableist towards me, but I am still curious regarding what was done exactly and by who.

Either way, my point is: It’s fiction, and thus should never be this serious

If we’re clear on that, we’re all good and a warning should suffice
We're clear on it. I'll heed Ant's warning.
I am not particularly sensitive about others being ableist towards me, but I am still curious regarding what was done exactly and by who.
Let's just not discuss it here.

I can see wrongs on both sides, but I as Clover mentioned, KingTempest apologized and took a chill pill later down the line. Monkey on the other hand was doing it more often and also listed comments that were fairly recent and bringing up KingTempest's past seemed uncalled for.

Back