• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Or was that discussion about Strym?
Both. For Strym it was Undertale:
Strym is a disruptive member with increasing irregularities in his behavior. I would say the baseline of a VSBW member is someone who may turn to rudeness if so prompted, but Strym has in recent days been going well beyond this to defend Undertale from perceived threats (that is, Topaz, above).

If Strym cannot behave even after already receiving a warning, I have misgivings about letting him off with another- after this, action ought to be taken.

For the record I would agree with a shorter topic ban being given out now- maybe a month.

Topic banned from MG for a time, I believe.
I guess I should give my own perspective here.

Normally, I don't see these rude comments as nothing more than warning-worthy unless a repeated pattern of toxicity is shown in direct relation to them.

Unfortunately for Tatsumi, I will have to say he has crossed this threshold. Not so long ago we even determined that certain MGK supporters, on which he was also cited, were balancing on a very delicate line that could even result on a topic ban, but decided to give them one more chance as the only active supporters of the verse and whatnot.

See, Tatsumi once more has come forth proving that topic ban may have been warranted afterall. These discussions just bring too much frustration from him, and try as we might to be understanding and patient, there comes a point we need to put the foot down. Two reports in less than two weeks he's been involved, alongside accusations of bias towards staff.

So it all comes down to: When is it enough? I will have to support a topic ban. Did it back then, and have been shown that it was the right call too.

For how long I will let other staff decide.

I understand. Elde's comment was a bit of an edge case because, IMO, the phrase "mentally weak" is not intuitively transposed to mental illness or disabilities and just comes off as a generic insult, and the more pressing issue was the general hostility. So I wasn't sure if clarification was needed and it presented the risk of turning into another argument that I felt we needed desperately to prevent. But I apologize for overstepping. I will adjust accordingly
Anyway, thank you very much for trying to be reasonable here. 🙏

You could thread ban him from any new Maou Gakuin thread, I guess that's what he's refering to. But still, it's up to him to actively avoid posting on those threads if he's topic banned instead of requesting for constant thread bans.
Except the general discussion. Thread ban only effect vs thread and content revision unless specified otherwise.

Don't you think blocking me is an over reaction, I'm still kinda new to this and removed them on reasonable grounds
No, you actually didn't removed it on reasonable grounds, you did so just because you thought it was wrong. However I also believe you don't need to be blocked as you have be warned already and seems to have taken the warning since you created a crt.

Don't you think blocking me is an over reaction, I'm still kinda new to this and removed them on reasonable grounds
I didn't block you, but rather someone else who was upgrading DB Heroes profiles to 1-A to High 1-A.

But as for you, I suppose a warning is fine, I was just going off the comments that reported you.

Not much to it, just letting y'all know I dropped a warning on @azontr's wall regarding poor behavior on wiki management threads, specifically misconstruing arguments from DontTalk to paint the man as saying much worse shit than what he was. As azontr is one of several serial re-offenders in terms of poor behavior on wiki management threads, this felt justified.

Back