• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP Thread | Black Rose

They soon arrived, to find new people had shown up at the site of the fireball after all.

"So people did get drawn in by this after all. An unintended consequence of us trying to escape the attacker, it seems."

Reznov notices that the ball of fire attracted various others, he stays back towards the shadows trying not to draw to much attention to himself.

Reznov notices that the ball of fire attracted various others, he stays back towards the shadows trying not to draw to much attention to himself.
This one is hiding, so I suppose we should probably interrogate him

Menas notices him with her natural senses and is able to detect him quite well, and decides to use her overly strong accent voice for fun

”Excuse me ser? Do you know whaht hahppened here?“

My natural abilities already tell me what he knows of course but we should talk just in case

Last edited:
(Did she walk towards him or is she sort of projecting her voice? I just want to be certain before responding)

After finding temporary lodgings for the night, Zack looks on at the commotion caused by the black flames from the second floor window and a cheeky grin covers his face...

"Looks like there might be some actual excitement in this dreary city after all, perhaps my wanderlust has guided me into something big this time?"

Zack thinks out loud while sipping water from his gourd.

This one is hiding, so I suppose we should probably interrogate him

Menas notices him with her natural senses and is able to detect him quite well, and decides to use her overly strong accent voice for fun

”Excuse me ser? Do you know whaht hahppened here?“

My natural abilities already tell me what he knows of course but we should talk just in case
Reznov turns his attention towards the women walking towards him, after hearing her question he mulls over weather or not he should even reply before finally replying with a simple “No”.

Reznov turns his attention towards the women walking towards him, after hearing her question he mulls over weather or not he should even reply before finally replying with a simple “No”.
Hmmmmm
Menas drops the accent to see how they react
”Alright you sound like you’re not an enemy. I assume you heard the commotion and came over right?”

I notice newcomers to the area talking and walk over.

Perfect, possible clues!

"Hello, would any of you happen to know what happened here? I heard the sound of flames and came over as soon as I could, but whatever took place was over when I arrived."

Frank walked around with his lamp until he heard something from 1 blocks away.

"something is happening" thought the young alcoholic and start walking

@DragonEmperor23

"Yes. I happened. I was trying to lure out the person behind this situation, and succeeded. Alas, they posed too much of a threat to be dealt with easily. As such, I defended myself and moved away, as they vanished."

Hmmmmm
Menas drops the accent to see how they react
”Alright you sound like you’re not an enemy. I assume you heard the commotion and came over right?”
As he coldly looks down at the women and listens to her question he simply replies to her question with near no emotion "Yes" showing no reaction in the change to her voice.

After he hears the others conversation about finding and battling the man behind the kidnapping his mood at least slightly lightens up as he hopes the kidnapper can be found and dealt with sooner now.

I cross my arms and nod after hearing the explanation.

"I see. I'm glad that the two of you managed to escape safely. Did the kidnapper have any defining qualities?"

"They did indeed. A mark belonging to the Praya royal family. That aside, they were wearing a dark cloak and hood, so little could be told. They had some control over black flames, and appeared to be capable of flight. I was curious to see if more would be drawn, as it seemed the two of us were not enough to defeat them alone."

She summarized, recounting the situation with no trace of concern or fear.

"They did indeed. A mark belonging to the Praya royal family. That aside, they were wearing a dark cloak and hood, so little could be told. They had some control over black flames, and appeared to be capable of flight. I was curious to see if more would be drawn, as it seemed the two of us were not enough to defeat them alone."

She summarized, recounting the situation with no trace of concern or fear.
mmmm she’s taking all the fun out of this

”Yeah, it’s unfortunate but we couldn’t do much on our own. We made it out alive however.”

@The group that is hunting the hooded man.

A light can be seen visibly, they were Frank walking with a lamp of that kind that they used in ancient times (Or well Morden times in this RP) with oil to bring light.

The royal family's mark? What part could they be playing in this?

"I see. Perhaps the four of us-"

I turn around after hearing someone else walk into the area.

No hood, no royal mark. But he is wearing all black.

"Hello there."

Frank looked at the group, it was rare to see people at this time, he didn't know any of the people as such.

"What are they doing here?"

"They did not see that there is danger in these streets, kidnappers and all that"

Frank looked at the group, it was rare to see people at this time, he didn't know any of the people as such.

"What are they doing here?"

"They did not see that there is danger in these streets, kidnappers and all that"
“Indeed, we’re discussing the kidnappings. Are you hoping to gain the bounty for yourself by any chance?.”

“Hmm... the Royals?” Reznov says as he thinks to himself out loud.

While the Royals meant nothing to him for them to be involved would complicate things.

"The five of us could work together then."

I turn to the two who encountered the kidnapper earlier.

"How did you manage to lure out the kidnapper earlier?"

"The five of us could work together then."

I turn to the two who encountered the kidnapper earlier.

"How did you manage to lure out the kidnapper earlier?"
“It was simple. I just pretended to be asleep. Beint a young woman, I suppose I was just a prime target.”

Menas chuckles a bit at the “young woman“ comment

Frank remembers something and realizes that Rose was the same woman he saw earlier.

"Wait did you take my words for it literally?"

"Of course I did. It was a good idea, and it worked. Though somehow the figure attacking us seemed to almost expect the ambush, which is something worth noting."

"interesting" Frank puts his hand on his chin thinking

"Well, we will have to change to a different point besides someone else will have to be the bait"

I nod.

"The kidnapper knows what you look like now, so we'd need a different girl to play the part. But before that, we should exchange names since we're going to be working together. I'm Adam."

Back