• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP Thread | Black Rose

"And who might you be? Don't tell me you followed out of some desire to protect me or something?"

Rose spoke, the voice seeming to come from several directions at once, most notably, directly behind Menas.

"And who might you be? Don't tell me you followed out of some desire to protect me or something?"

Rose spoke, the voice seeming to come from several directions at once, most notably, directly behind Menas.
Lets see how she reacts to a obvious false name and backstory

She decided to speak with a heavy accent to further the ruse.

“Quite ze oppahsite mahdame. I sahw you felt quite cahnfident een your own strengths ahnd I wahnted to ahsk fahr your help. I ahm a fahreignair who mahde a ahrduous journey here to see ziss ceety weeth my own eyes, but I found zat being a young wahmahn ees dahngerous business here. may I hahve your help een finding my way ahround ze plahce sahfely?“

"Hahahahaha. That's a good one, I haven't heard an accent so terribly fake in ages. Come on now, you didn't think I'd fall for that, did you? Just come clean already."

She answered, her words echoing out from the shadows themselves.

"Hahahahaha. That's a good one, I haven't heard an accent so terribly fake in ages. Come on now, you didn't think I'd fall for that, did you? Just come clean already."

She answered, her words echoing out from the shadows themselves.
“No, haha, but I did have some fun coming up with it. But what do you want me to come clean about? Why I’m following you maybe?”

Zack's ears perked up at the sight of the strange archaic symbols as well as the sleeping woman, he sensed a strange atmosphere in the air he could not quite put into words yet he dismissed the situation as just little weird...

"At least this job isn't the typical status quo" he muttered to himself as he sat down on the floor just outside the bedroom then he opened his backpack while keeping an eye on the sleeping lady...
A few hours went by... Nothing for now. Silence. The woman stayed comfortably in her sleep... Something is scratching at the window.

As Reznov walks around the city searching for any sort of clues he notices various other people clearly searching the same as him.

If there was any sort of plausible evidence someone likely would have found it by now and theres no way the killer will do anything in the light especially with all these people searching, ill likely need to wait until later for any chance at this Reznov thinks to himself as he continues to walk.
As Reznov as passing through town, he might see an odd looking home at the edge of the city... Noises. The sounds of sparks popping quietly. The building has two stories, and a window

"That would be a good start, yes."

The woman answered, exiting from Menas' shadow and now standing next to him.

"Looks awfully suspicious you know."

As Reznov as passing through town, he might see an odd looking home at the edge of the city... Noises. The sounds of sparks popping quietly. The building has two stories, and a window
Noticing an odd house out on the edge of town he draws closer to it, as he does he hears various quite sounds.

As he reaches the house he quickly does a sweep around it [If he finds nothing] he walks to the front door and attempts to enter.

I look around at all the missing posters and frown.

To think someone could do something so horrible. It saddens me how poorly people can treat each other. Something needs to be done about this. I'll scour the streets for the perpetrator of this foul act.

I pick up one of the posters and try my best to memorize the faces on the others.

I'll do my best to save all of you.

I begin to walk the streets, looking for any suspicious figures.

Last edited:
I look around at all the missing posters and frown.

To think someone could do something so horrible. It saddens me how poorly people can treat each other. Something needs to be done about this. I'll scour the streets for the perpetrator of this foul act.

I pick up one of the posters and try my best to memorize the faces on the others.

I'll do my best to save all of you.

Once the sky has gotten darker, I begin to walk the streets, looking for any suspicious figures.
wait how does it get darker with no sun

Zack promptly places his possessions back into his backpack, momentarily he pauses to stare at an old family photo before placing it back into his bag.

He slowly opens the bedroom door as to avoid awakening the sleeping damsel, he carefully walks towards the window to see the cause of the scratching sound...

Zack promptly places his possessions back into his backpack, momentarily he pauses to stare at an old family photo before placing it back into his bag.

He slowly opens the bedroom door as to avoid awakening the sleeping damsel, he carefully walks towards the window to see the cause of the scratching sound...
A burst of black flames erupt suddenly from the window, blowing Zack against a wall with enough force to crack it. In the ensuing chaos something seems to be entering the room. Spiders... And a hooded figure dressed in all black. The "Daughter" that was in the bed is shown to be an illusion as the figure shatters it.

Noticing an odd house out on the edge of town he draws closer to it, as he does he hears various quite sounds.

As he reaches the house he quickly does a sweep around it [If he finds nothing] he walks to the front door and attempts to enter.
Around the time Rez attempted to enter the door he hears an explosion coming from upstairs... The door is currently unlocked.

@Yobo_Blue

"The stalking mostly. I can get the disguise anyway. So, what did you want from me?"
“Honestly I was just curious. It’s not often we get someone like you around these parts, and I’m looking to make money. Capturing some kidnappers sounds like a good way to do that, don’t you think?”

Last edited:
“Honestly I was just curious. It’s not often we get a vampire around these parts, and I’m looking to make money. Capturing some kidnappers sounds like a good way to do that, don’t you think?”
(You wouldn't know she's a vampire. Your character doesn't know vampires exist)

As the smoke clears Zack stands up completely covered in draconic skin, thanks to iron wyrm the pugilist manages to survive the explosion with nothing more but a slightly bruised ego...

"So I'll assume this was a setup then?, no biggie just makes things more exciting!"

Zack enters a defensive position, with a confident smirk on his face.

As the smoke clears Zack stands up completely covered in draconic skin, thanks to iron wyrm the pugilist manages to survive the explosion with nothing more but a slightly bruised ego...

"So I'll assume this was a setup then?, no biggie just makes things more exciting!"

Zack enters a defensive position, with a confident smirk on his face.
Zack would feel something strangely familiar about this person... As if he had met them before. One of the things he can see as the smoke clears, is that the figure wears a symbol of The Royal Family, Praya.

The figure backs away and starts to fly out the window.

"Someone like me, huh. You're quite perceptive you know."

She answered, looking straight at Menas now, she grinned, revealing her fangs.

"Yet despite that, you chose to follow me. Quite brave, that. But tonight, I seek to act as prey for another, the one behind these kidnappings, rather than a predator."

"Someone like me, huh. You're quite perceptive you know."

She answered, looking straight at Menas now, she grinned, revealing her fangs.

"Yet despite that, you chose to follow me. Quite brave, that. But tonight, I seek to act as prey for another, the one behind these kidnappings, rather than a predator."
“So, we seem to have the same idea then. You wouldn’t happen to want to work together, would you?”

"I suppose that could serve to be entertaining. Very well, I shall be in your shadow then, if you wish to play the part of prey this night."

Rose replied, as she seemed to become one with Menas' shadow, and they couldn't shake a feeling of being watched as this happened.

"H-hey... you can't just appear outta nowhere, say nothing and fly off... get back here!"

Zack yells at the top of his lungs but it seems his assailant is long gone...

"Sheesh... what a farce, not only was I setup but I didn't get paid either... oh well at least I was able to kill some time, whelp time to find another job I guess?"

Zack quickly makes his way out of the residence however just before he exits, he can't help but wonder why did the mysterious figure feel so familiar and how did they come to acquire a royal symbol?

("Perhaps I'm over-thinking things heh!")

Last edited:
"I suppose that could serve to be entertaining. Very well, I shall be in your shadow then, if you wish to play the part of prey this night."

Rose replied, as she seemed to become one with Menas' shadow, and they couldn't shake a feeling of being watched as this happened.
“Thats fine with me.”

Menas goes out into street and decides to look for a more secluded area, to properly set the bait.

Around the time Rez attempted to enter the door he hears an explosion coming from upstairs... The door is currently unlocked.
Reacting to the explosion he jumps wildly as his head pounds causing him to take a knee to catch his breath for a short time before he finally recomposes himself and heads upstairs.

Reacting to the explosion he jumps wildly as his head pounds causing him to take a knee to catch his breath for a short time before he finally recomposes himself and heads upstairs.
Just as Zack leaves the address he hears booming footsteps heading up the stairs behind him...

"Heh... what's next?"

Just as Zack leaves the address he hears booming footsteps heading up the stairs behind him...

"Heh... what's next?"
As he reaches the top of the stairs and sees the man he stops before reluctantly asking “What was the explosion” his voice is deep with a Slavic accent.

Having found a more secluded area and a bench to sit against, Menas decides to fake having fallen asleep, in order to draw out whoever is kidnapping young woman, hopefully serving as proper bait for the perpetrator

Having found a more secluded area and a bench to sit against, Menas decides to fake having fallen asleep, in order to draw out whoever is kidnapping young woman, hopefully serving as proper bait for the perpetrator
After a while... Something can be felt crawling closer and closer. Many things at once in fact. Spiders and Scorpions move across the floor towards Menas simultaneously.

After a while... Something can be felt crawling closer and closer. Many things at once in fact. Spiders and Scorpions move across the floor towards Menas simultaneously.
Alright, some progress! Now let’s give it some time

While her eyes are still closed, Menas is more than able to keep track of where they’re going with her other acute senses, and makes sure to continue to act like she’s asleep

As he reaches the top of the stairs and sees the man he stops before reluctantly asking “What was the explosion” his voice is deep with a Slavic accent.
Seeing another masked figure appear not long after seeing the previous one fly off, Zack is naturally apprehensive but senses zero malice nor ill intent from the looming giant and decides to reply with a light-hearted remark to break the ice.

"Say did I accidentally enter a messed up masquerade party?, you're literally the third masked person I've seen today and you just missed other guy with his funky flying, spiders, illusions, explosions and all that jazz"

Alright, some progress! Now let’s give it some time

While her eyes are still closed, Menas is more than able to keep track of where they’re going with her other acute senses, and makes sure to continue to act like she’s asleep
The sounds of burning fire and electrical charges are heard as a tall figure wearing black appears over Menas. The figure is wearing a hood, obscuring their face... The reaches down and grab a firm hold of her.

And at this moment, Rose pounced out of Menas' shadow, a burst of frost headed the way of the figure to keep them still as the vampiress made her ambush.

And at this moment, Rose pounced out of Menas' shadow, a burst of frost headed the way of the figure to keep them still as the vampiress made her ambush.
Some of the frosts touches the figure's right arm as they step back preemptively, as if they knew an attack was planned already somehow. Black fires emerge from the figure's arm, melting the frost away.

Some of the frosts touches the figure's right arm as they step back preemptively, as if they knew an attack was planned already somehow. Black fires emerge from the figure's arm, melting the frost away.
Menas attempts to punch the figure, lowering their “focus” and “creativity“ in regards to her to prevent them from properly reacting to their attacks

Menas attempts to punch the figure, lowering their “focus” and “creativity“ in regards to her to prevent them from properly reacting to their attacks
As the punch connects the figure didn't even make much of an attempt to move. As soon as it lands, the effect doesn't work... In fact... Right as Menas' fist makes contact, she would hear an ear piercing screech and feel some otherworldly presence suddenly. The screech seems to be inside her mind, and is not heard by anyone else.

Rose responded with releasing her red lightning at the figure, streaks of it rushing towards them as she moved to leap into the figure's shadow, from there she would try to push them into the lightning, attempting to ensure they cannot properly avoid it.

Back