• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP Thread | Black Rose

As the punch connects the figure didn't even make much of an attempt to move. As soon as it lands, the effect doesn't work... In fact... Right as Menas' fist makes contact, she would hear an ear piercing screech and feel some otherworldly presence suddenly. The screech seems to be inside her mind, and is not heard by anyone else.
crap, well, that’s not right

Menas moves back, hoping her defenses against mental invasion hold off whatever power this screech might hold, as she attempts to use Great Wisdom to try and understand what’s happening

Rose responded with releasing her red lightning at the figure, streaks of it rushing towards them as she moved to leap into the figure's shadow, from there she would try to push them into the lightning, attempting to ensure they cannot properly avoid it.
From the figure's face, where the eyes should be black bolts shoots out against the red lightning... As this happens... Rose does not remember shooting out her red lightning to begin with.

crap, well, that’s not right

Menas moves back, hoping her defenses against mental invasion hold off whatever power this screech might hold, as she attempts to use Great Wisdom to try and understand what’s happening
As Menas attempts to use Great Wisdom it gets even worse. Her mind is flooded with images that begin driving her insane the longer she uses it. Images of owls violently pecking her eyes out, and a four-armed weapon ripping her head off play out in her brain.

As Menas attempts to use Great Wisdom it gets even worse. Her mind is flooded with images that begin driving her insane the longer she uses it. Images of owls violently pecking her eyes out, and a four-armed weapon ripping her head off play out in her brain.
Menas immediately turns it off and uses gratitude to manipulate her own “feeling” in order to reduce the pain and “change” to remover the perception of the change of her mind being invaded from her thoughts in self defense.

“We should probably find a way to escape, I don’t think this is a fight we can win.”

The vampire seems to begin taking on another form, arachnid like appendages growing from her back as she veils herself in shadow.

She releases a wave of her blood in an attempt to restrain the being, followed by a second wave of the lightning, which seems to eat at the surroundings themselves.

With her appendages, she would grab Menas and launch backwards, away from the figure.

@Yobo_Blue
The images cease from Menas' mind for now...

@The_Divine_Phoenix
The hooded figure dodges out of the way of the blood webs, once more dissipating Rose's lightning her black sparks... One thing Rose would see of interest however, was a seal the figure was wearing. The symbol of the Praya royal family.

Menas uses shapeshifting to lighten herself so that Rose doesn’t have to carry nearly as much weight as they pull back, recovering from the mental attack as they put space between em

The vampire elected to use a different approach, releasing a massive wall of raging heat and flames in front of them, both as an attack and a distraction for the figure, as she would leap away with Menas, before slipping into the shadows with the woman she was carrying, gliding across the ground and attempting to make their way away from the figure.

The figure jumps back and away from the flames, floating up into the air suddenly. With a flash of sparks the figure disappears from sight.

Rose exits the shadows with them, and the spider limbs begin to retract.

"Not entirely. That figure was wearing the seal of the Praya royal family. That gives us some clue of where to look towards. My, this is getting all the more interesting."

Rose exits the shadows with them, and the spider limbs begin to retract.

"Not entirely. That figure was wearing the seal of the Praya royal family. That gives us some clue of where to look towards. My, this is getting all the more interesting."
Menas shifts back to his usual male form
”Well, that’s certainly something of note. I hope you don’t mind the change. Or would you find another woman’s presence more comforting?”

"Oh, not at all. I hope my transformation did not scare you either. And besides that, there is much one can learn from a direct encounter, even one as brief as that was."

"Oh, not at all. I hope my transformation did not scare you either. And besides that, there is much one can learn from a direct encounter, even one as brief as that was."
“To be noticed, I barely noticed in the chaos of trying to escape. But yes, that’s certainly true. The real test is capitalizing on it though, as it is in all things. At this point I’m not sure it’s worth it to keep searching. I suppose you’d have your own reasons to continue though, wouldn’t it?”

"Just giving up would be boring, simple as that, especially now that I have a lead. Though perhaps if we are to face them, we may want to form a bigger entourage, maybe of those who were also interested in the bounty."

"Just giving up would be boring, simple as that, especially now that I have a lead. Though perhaps if we are to face them, we may want to form a bigger entourage, maybe of those who were also interested in the bounty."
“True I suppose. Though the fact that there’s a bounty is interesting, since it either means that whoever is behind this is in one of three situation: they don‘t have full control over whatever authority issues bounties, the individual behind this is either a renegade royal or someone pretending to be a royal, or that they for whatever reason want people to investigate them to further their own ends. Which do you think is the most reasonable?”

"The people would naturally notice any going missing, even royalty could not prevent those. I cannot say for certain, but the king's lack of a response makes me curious as to the state of the royal family at the moment. That aside, it seems this figure was almost expecting us for whatever reason. That makes things even more interesting."

"The people would naturally notice any going missing, even royalty could not prevent those. I cannot say for certain, but the king's lack of a response makes me curious as to the state of the royal family at the moment. That aside, it seems this figure was almost expecting us for whatever reason. That makes things even more interesting."
“Indeed, your assessment makes sense. I’m glad to have someone of reasonable intelligence on my side, even if it’s probably just tentative. Well, what’s our plan from now on if we’re continuing this? You said we’d need an entourage to properly put up a fight. How do you suppose we get one?”

"Look for others interested in the bounty, I suppose. I don't much care for the money myself, so I imagine they will be quite willing to cooperate."

Seeing another masked figure appear not long after seeing the previous one fly off, Zack is naturally apprehensive but senses zero malice nor ill intent from the looming giant and decides to reply with a light-hearted remark to break the ice.

"Say did I accidentally enter a messed up masquerade party?, you're literally the third masked person I've seen today and you just missed other guy with his funky flying, spiders, illusions, explosions and all that jazz"
Reznov stands quitely in front of the man as he mulls over what he had heard about the man with abilities before hesitantly asking the man in front of him “What do you know of this other masked man with abilities?” his voice cold and obviously displeased.

Reznov stands quitely in front of the man as he mulls over what he had heard about the man with abilities before hesitantly asking the man in front of him “What do you know of this other masked man with abilities?” his voice cold and obviously displeased.
"Nothing more than what I just told you big guy however whoever it was, they clearly not a amateur and call it a hunch but it seems they've got connections in high places"

Zack cheerfully replies with his hands behind his head, leaning against the wall yet hesitant to mention the royal seal to a complete stranger who came outta now-where.

"Anyway what brought you to this end of Kundari?, there's nothing of worth here."

"Nothing more than what I just told you big guy however whoever it was, they clearly not a amateur and call it a hunch but it seems they've got connections in high places"

Zack cheerfully replies with his hands behind his head, leaning against the wall yet hesitant to mention the royal seal to a complete stranger who came outta now-where.

"Anyway what brought you to this end of Kundari?, there's nothing of worth here."
“Saw a strange house, came to investigate and then I heard an explosion” Reznov says flatly as he tries not yo give away to much information.

“Saw a strange house, came to investigate and then I heard an explosion” Reznov says flatly as he tries not yo give away to much information.
"Well as you can see there's nothing here now and truth be told this entire scenario was nothing more but a waste of time, so if you don't mind I'll be on my way, cya around stranger!"

Zack waves a friendly gesture at the tall masked figure before leaping out of the window.

Frank walked through the dark streets of the city with a lamp while he was followed by his shadow that was impatient more and more, she needs action but Frank knew this was serious work.

"Well as you can see there's nothing here now and truth be told this entire scenario was nothing more but a waste of time, so if you don't mind I'll be on my way, cya around stranger!"

Zack waves a friendly gesture at the tall masked figure before leaping out of the window.
Reznov releases a deep sigh before quickly looking around the room [And assuming nothing of interest is spotted] before leaving the house as well to continue his search.

Reznov releases a deep sigh before quickly looking around the room [And assuming nothing of interest is spotted] before leaving the house as well to continue his search.
Zack turns around to take one last look at the enigmatic house before quickly making his way back into downtown Kundari, he notices that it's getting late and decides to find shelter for the "night".

[@AogiriKira are the any lodgings nearby in Kundari?].

A young woman with snow white hair sitting at a desk in an office of the Lynden Electric Company Headquarters.

"...Hmm..."

She hears several noises in the background but decides that they aren't worth looking into.

A young woman with snow white hair sitting at a desk in an office of the Lynden Electric Company Headquarters.

"...Hmm..."

She hears several noises in the background but decides that they aren't worth looking into.
A low hum can be heard within the office suddenly... It stops after a short amount of time.

I hear the sound of rushing flames and turn in its direction.

That sound...just like that day...

I head in the direction I heard the flames coming from and find a bench but no one around it.

Were those flames used by the kidnapper? No, there would've been something on the posters about fire if that happened every time. Maybe someone tried to escape but was still overpowered. Damn.

"Well, maybe visit the posters. Or we can go check if the eruption of flames attracted anyone, as the one fighting us seemed to have vanished from there. Perhaps some would be drawn to it."

Hearing the sound of roaring flames from a distance Reznov rushes in that direction hoping to find some form of evidence.

"Well, maybe visit the posters. Or we can go check if the eruption of flames attracted anyone, as the one fighting us seemed to have vanished from there. Perhaps some would be drawn to it."
“Ah I see. I think I’d like to not be connected to this just in case the royals are behind this.”

Menas proceeds to retake ”her” previous female form

”I think this one should still do fine, unless you have a better suggestion?”

“Let’s assume a more humanoid shape” the fingernail thinks. He begins rapidly engaging in aesexual reproduction to create more nails whilst lightly scraping people nearby for sexual reproduction. His descendants scurry into hiding, delving into places like sewers and whatnot to avoid detection. After a while the different pieces form together in a nearby alleyway, forming a vaguely humanoid creature, a skinless and skeleton-less body on the inside and a flesh piercing, keratinous armour on the outside. “This’ll do”

He hears the sounds of the flames and sighs before splitting apart once more for stealth reasons, crawling up to the centre of the attack to see who was responsible.

"It matters little to me what form you choose to take. I have seen all sorts of forms regardless. I believe heading to the scene may be of use, so let us depart back to there."

She replied, doing just that.

Back