• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP • Unoriginal Holy Grail War Thread

"you have no understanding of what fate is."
"You don't always need to understand something to know when it is or isn't on your side," Hibana says in her same mocking tone, "Besides, anyone could tell you that fate never favors gravel..."

"Defense, creation, i have far too many to list! but youd be interested in some defensive crystals, correct?"
"Yes, and the creation ones!" Dorei said, "Oh, how much do you charge for all of this? I think I got a little carried away and forgot to ask that."

Palaria laughed "you seem to think the script of fate is objective when it was written by a subjective mind."

"well i have an errand for you to run, its just a simple gathering of healing herbs" Shawm showed Dorei what the herbs he wanted looked like "its easy to gather them in the grasslands to the west of here, bring me ten of each of the three herbs i need, like an RPG game right?"

Palaria laughed "you seem to think the script of fate is objective when it was written by a subjective mind."
"I'm well aware of fate's subjectivity," Hibana replied, "It's exactly why I'll end up the victor in the end."
"well i have an errand for you to run, its just a simple gathering of healing herbs" Shawm showed Dorei what the herbs he wanted looked like "its easy to gather them in the grasslands to the west of here, bring me ten of each of the three herbs i need, like an RPG game right?"
"I can do that," Dorei said, standing up, "How many do you need?"

Palaria laughed at that "if you are that confident then back it up by defeating that demon, because so far you are very weak!"

"I said ten did I not? Also you may want to stop Hibana and Palaria from killing eachother outside"

Palaria laughed at that "if you are that confident then back it up by defeating that demon, because so far you are very weak!"
"I will," Hibana said, "Try not to act too shocked when you see it happen, Palaria."

"I said ten did I not? Also you may want to stop Hibana and Palaria from killing eachother outside"
"Right, right, just making sure," Dorei said, scratching the back of his head before walking back out toward Hibana and Palaria.

"Ah, you're back," Hibana said, "Did you find anything valuable?"

"Yeah, but to pay for it, we have to run an errand," Dorei said, "Plus, Shawm didn't want this to start escalating..."

"Fine, I suppose we can settle this later..." Hibana said before following Dorei to the grasslands where the herbs would be.

""I see what her game is now"" Palaria thought and then used her telepathy to Deathwing "use Cataclysm on them, don't break those grasslands however, if they live they'll need to grab those herbs." "As you wish Master!" Deathwig said satisfied

When Hibana and Dorei were about halfway to the grasslands a powerful and familiar metallic voice shouted "I am Deathwing. The Destroyer! The end of all things! Inevitable, Indomitable! I AM THE CATACLYSM!" and a massive dragon started flying directly toward them about 600 meters off at an extreme speed, completely devastating the land beneath it, half a second to spare before the dragon was on them at Hibana's quick estimate.

Hibana and Dorei were making their way to the grasslands at a faster pace due to Dorei's Accelerare. However, when they made it about halfway to the grasslands, the smell of sulfur and ash filled the air. The two turned to hear the voice of Deathwing coming toward them, and Hibana quickly said an incantation to form a shield around the two. It would take away some of the damage, but both would still end up suffering some of the attack nonetheless. In the smoldering aftermath, the two still survived. However, they had suffered some burns. Hibana looks toward Dorei and sees smoke coming off him. Actually, upon closer inspection, it was not coming off him, but from him.

"T-That.... hurt....." Dorei muttered, grimacing in pain from the burns as this smoke continued to emit from his body, "That... hurt!"

Dorei uses Combattere in tandem with the stored pain he had received. His eyes were fixated on the fiendish dragon. As Dorei did this, Hibana saw this as a perfect opportunity to activate her Noble Phantasm.

"Clemantis!" Hibana uttered as she pointed toward Deathwing with her fan. The tips of the flame ignited as she raised her fan into the air and raised a giant flaming Cherry Blossom tree from the ground.

"Allow me to show you how pathetic you are," Hibana continued, before inducing her Heat Syncope on Deathwing with a stare. If it succeeded, it would create an opening for attack.

"END THIS!" Dorei roared, launching and explosive burst of energy from his body toward Deathwing.

Deathwing using his aspect brought a massive amount of rock and magma to shield himself from the onslaught, dodging or blocking most of the hits from Clemantis and shifting into a humanoid to dodge Clemantis's fire, though being hit 20 times exactly, returning to dragon form "I had not realized you fools were still there." Deathwing said, and proceeded to slam his claws into the ground, rupturing the ground toward Hibana and Dorei with magma bursting out of the fractures, the magma leaking from Deathwing's wounds becoming magma spawns and either going back into Deathwing or slowly rushing Dorei and Hibana, "Die like the mere insects you are!" Deathwing yelled, before charging Hibana with his jaws ready to snap(fair warning DW has superior LS then Hibana)

The pedals from the Cherry Blossom tree Hibana had summoned would overwhelm and bombard the spawns that rushed toward them. Any that got two close would be met with powerful blows from an enraged Dorei using Combattere. Hibana used more pedals of her own creation to attack Deathwing more, as he dove down toward her, Hibana was already making an effort to get out of the way.

"Gravel, increase my speed," Hibana said to Dorei.

The young man nodded, using Accelerare on himself and Hibana to slow time down enough to allow her to get out of the way.

"Even insects tread on gravel like you!" Hibana said to Deathwing.

Deathing barreled around the battlefield, before slamming his claws into the ground once again to spurn Magma around Dorei and Hibana, this time separating them, and using his aspect to attack Clemantis directly, using the movements of the earth to spurn water out of the ground beneath Clemantis, not to much effect as Deathwing expected.
"You are less then dust! Fit only to be brushed from this earth!" Deathwing proceeded to expertly go under the ground to dissappear from view before sending Hibana flying with a single swipe of his claws from beneath

Hibana uses an incantation to create a barrier to block the magma coming toward her and Dorei. Dorei saw that they were separated, and used his Assorbire to absorb energy from any remaining magma, and now, from the water. Naturally, he would give most of this gathered energy to Hibana, seeing as she was in much better fighting condition. Hibana, in the meantime, would uses the pedals of the Cherry Blossom tree to attack Deathwing. Should this succeed, Hibana would attempt to use this attack as an opportunity to ground the dragon with her Heat Syncope. If it did not succeed in holding Deathwing long enough for her to do so, Hibana would use the energy bestowed upon her by Dorei to evade the attack, launching her own flaming pedals toward Deathwing's exposed hand.

"Oh my, is that coming from gravel?" Hibana taunts as she attacks him.

Deathwing simply laughed and used his aspect to cause a massive swirl of rock, though Deathwing felt himself slow down and used masses earth to bring Dorei directly in his hand closing it before he was paralyzed thanks to Hibana's abilities, "whats wrong, can't survive without a master?" Deathwing taunted, with Dorei completely unable to move as Deathwing brought down too much Rock for any servant to lift around himself and his hand, with Dorei struggling in utter vain to escape from the black scourge's grasp

Dorei tried to break free. He used Combattere, and Assorbire, but it was no use. He was injured and tired, and he still couldn't get out.

"H-Hibana! Stop this guy!" Dorei said, struggling to even speak, "Show him... how strong... you are!"

With these words, it was almost like Hibana got an extra measure of strength. Dorei continued to try and use his Assorbire to give Hibana energy, but he had no idea how effective it was at this point.

"That gravel in your hand belongs to me," Hibana said, as more flaming pedals began to bombard Deathwing's body. It looks almost as though a pinkish blizzard surrounds the dragon, attempting to sear and burn and damage him.

Deathwing loudly laughed, we was right. It almost seemed like a mountain came from below deathwing to defend him, not that it mattered, Deathwing had Hibana and Dorei exactly where he wanted them, and he spoke "is this all mortals? Is this all the fury you can muster? Pathetic. For someone who talks big game you are weak Hibana, you cannot even stop your master from dying! This was a good test, me and my master now know exactly what your abilities are! And as such we now have exactly what we need to beat you!" Deathwing gloated

Hibana sent more pedals around the mountain, still attempting to strike and defeat Deathwing with her Cherry Blossom tree's pedals.

"You insolent gravel!" Hibana said.

Deathwing casually dropped Dorei and using rock he attached to himself started to fly away "I will be waiting for you to get more powerful! So be Prepared!" Deathwing proceeded to laugh and say "If I'm gravel then your less then dust, mortal." Deathwing proceeded to fly away completely before diving into the earth to leave for Palaria's hideout

"Tch, you'll be one to talk when you're crushed like the gravel you are," Hibana said. She then turned over to see Dorei, who was unconscious. Hibana lifted him and carried him along with her the rest of the way to the grasslands. Once she was there, she rumaged through his pockets to find the seared list of herbs. She began to collect them, also making sure to grab some extra for Dorei. Once she was finished, she carried Dorei and the herbs back to the shop.

"Here are your stupid herbs," Hibana said.

"I see you found a dragon friend!" Shawm teased and proceeded to run an expert eye over Dorei, and saying "he should make a full recovery." Shawm handed Hibana two potions "one of these will heal him and the other will cure the burns." Shawm then stated "perhaps look around while your waitin' for him to wake up?" Shawm easily said

Hibana drank the potion. She really wasn't in the mood to hear any teasing or things of that nature. She then looked toward Dorei, and slapped him in the face to wake him up. Dorei shot up and Hibana held out the potion for him.

"Here," Hibana said. Dorei took the potion and immediately began to feel better.

"Wait, how did we get back here?" Dorei asked, "We still need to get the herbs..."

"I got those already."

"And as promised, here are all of the gemstones, don't go gettin' yerselves killed out there!" Shawm said

"Just have em on your person and they'll work, for the creation gems pour some mana into them by focusing your power!"

"Just come back to my seap and I can recall them from wherever they are at no charge"

"OK, thank you!" Dorei said.

They both make their way off. Hibana was still thinking of different ways to deal with Deathwing and Palaria. She hated the fact that they were always a step ahead, and she needed a way to make sure that would no longer be the case.

Eventually, the two make it back to the hotel room. Hibana is still deep in thought.

"Something wrong?" Dorei asked.

"I'm just thinking," Hibana said, "We need to work on enhancing our arsenals of abilities..."

The following day, Hibana and Dorei prepare to head back out. They stop by Shawm's shop to see if he can answer any questions they may have.

"Hey, it's us again," Dorei said, "We had a few questions..."

"Do you know of any place where we can learn more magecraft abilities?" Dorei asked.
"I can teach you meself, but I certainly am not the best teacher in this holy grail war, and we all know who the best teacher is, and it ain't you cocky girl." Shawm said in an amused tone

"I agree, I'm not cut out to be a teacher," Hibana said, "Why would I teach mere gravel my skills and abilities?"

"If you could teach us, that would be great!" Dorei said.

Hibana felt a drop of liquid on her neck "really, your the gravel! But I could teach ya!" Shawm left into the back room of the Lantern, and came back out with a book to teach Dorei, though Hibana was wondering how she had any wound on her neck since she never felt anything

Back