• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP • Unoriginal Holy Grail War Thread

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Lore: blah blah blah, takes place in 2004, blah blah blah, takes place in England, blah blah blah, welcome to Fate/Apocrypha setting except without the lore behind it, because I cant decide characters backstories, just that your character arrives and meets their servant lol

Registration thread here

characters here

Last edited:
Palaria was simply walking and decided to create herself some refreshments, but a massive summoning circle appears around her, putting her on edge when a fiery, bulky shape is summoned about two meters in front of her ""why would someone be summoned practically on top of me? Whatever this is im probably going to have to fight."" The figure spoke with a soft metallic echo in his deep voice "I have been summoned to serve you, master." "And why would you just randomly pop up with no announcement and proclaim me to be your master... don't tell me this is a Holy Grail War." "You would be right Master, I am known as Deathwing, or Neltharian, depending on who your talking to... you must be Palaria. I remember you, but we are on the same side now" Neltharian stretched his hand out "a servants contract. We shall be master and Servant, i am of the. Berserker Class." Palria shook Neltharians hand, sealing the contract and stating "let's lay low for a little while, at least until we can get an idea of what we're dealing with in the Holy Grail War." "Very well, master"

Meanwhile, in a manor, a man is minding his own business reading a book. Specifically, it's a manga, one by the name of Fire Force. It was all fascinating to him, the setting, the characters, all of it.

This man was Dorei, and his life was about to change.

Suddenly, a glowing circle appears behind him, beginning to illuminate the room. Flaming cherry blossom pedals swirl around before dissipating, revealing Hibana. Dorei turned around in shock to see this.

"H-Hibana?" Dorei says in shock.

"Gravel like you doesn't deserve to mention my name," Hibana replies, "What is your name?"

"D-Dorei, Dorei Īnari... Why are you here?"

"I was summoned to be here... A servant and a master..."

"You're going to be my serv-?"

Hibana kicks Dorei, knocking him to the ground.

"I will be the master," Hibana says, "Gravel shouldn't lead, it should just crunch when it's stepped on. Do you agree to the terms?"

"I... I agree..." Dorei says, still on the ground.

"Then seal the contract. You don't deserve to shake my hand, so you'll have to seal the contract another way..."

"H-How so?"

Hibana smirks.

A little later, after the contract sealing, the two arrive in Romania.

"So, what's the plan?" Dorei asks.

"We fight in the war, and crush our opponents..." Hibana replies calmly.

A purple-caped golden-armored figure watches them from the tree line, and is noticed by Hibana before he simply turns around and walks into the forest, disappearing into the tree line

Dorei prepared to walk around before he was stopped by Hibana's fan. He looked toward her with somewhat of a confused expression.

"What's wrong?" Dorei asked.

"We're being watched," Hibana said relatively quietly, "The figure went into the forest area to your left."

"What's the plan? We should figure out whether we're on the same side with that guy or not," Dorei responds, now with a matching quietness in his voice.

"Hmm, I have an idea," Hibana replied before communicating the plan to him quietly.

Dorei smirked. Just like that, he made a B-Line for where the figure was. He was just going in to get a gauge of where the figure was. He wasn't to engage him... Yet. Meanwhile, Hibana would very slowly follow in from a distance. She was not going to step in at full speed unless Dorei was in some kind of danger or in need of assistance. She opened her fan, putting it right below her eyes as she silently continued to walk through the forest.

magical energy swirled right behind Hibana and Dorei for a second, before disappearing as if it was never there, of course the golden figure was spotted by Hibana before a wide clearing was seen through the trees with the golden figure standing in the middle

"Are you the guy that was spying on us?" Dorei asked the figure, "Who are you, and what do you want?"

Meanwhile, Hibana watched and prepared to assess the situation.

the golden figure simply said "of course i was watching you, I am Yharim, the ruler class servant overseeing this holy grail war!" Yharim was suddenly holding the holy grail and stated: "the key to your wildest dreams, so long as you can win the war." Yharim teleported without warning and was towering over Hibana "Oh, and don't think I don't know all of your secrets, all of your mistakes, all of your pain." Yharim teleported back to where he was standing and started levitating up "Do try not to die immediately, the wrong person may tear your pathetic body to pieces, me? I'm here to oversee what happens, and if damage control is needed, ill step in. Good luck you two, you will need it!" Yharim teleported away to visit the other two masters that have arrived.

"Wait!" Dorei said, trying to speak to Yharim before he disappeared.

"So, he's overseeing the war," Hibana said, "We're starting to learn more about this war..."

Yharim began watching Palaria and Deathwing, the former of which almost immediately noticed him and figured that he must be a servant, and ordering Deathwing to stay at her side and amplifying herself. "Yharim? who is your master?" Yharim spoke in a different tone then when he did to Dorei and Hibani "Relax, Palaria. I'm a ruler-class servant, and I'm overseeing this Holy Grail War, of course, only three masters have arrived." Deathwing spoke before Palaria with the mettalic echoes of his voice thundering out with his words "And why do you oversee it? amusement? power? I will crush any that stand before my master!" "you can say that without making the whole of romania know where we are! and youve already told me that twice! we don't even know yet what we are going up against, its possible that we are the weakest links here!" Palaria scolded deathwing "I shall be going now since you both already know about what a holy grail war is and the prize for winning it" Yharim teleported out to let Palaria and Deathwing bicker some more

"I have no idea what the Holy Grail even is," Dorei said to Hibana, "And that's what the war is about? Does it give some kind of power up?"

Hibana turned toward Dorei.

"The Holy Grail has the ability to grant any wish. You could wish for power, for fame, anything," Hibana explains, "And you're going to help me make my wish with it."

"Wait, I didn't-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he was knocked to the ground by Hibana.

"Did I give you permission to speak, gravel?" Hibana said to him, "Gravel doesn't make decisions, remember?"

Hibana and Dorei heard a condescending voice "what do you think the tyrant king was holding in his hand mortal? Of course even you should know that attacking him is a terrible idea." The suited Demon who spoke the words revealed himself "of course watching a master running around obediently has reminded me that I have a loyal pet as well, now let me introduce you, so you can both get more properly acquainted!" The Demon's eyes flash through the black eye sockets for a second "while I would love to watch you struggle, business calls elsewhere." Malak was consumed by a pillar of fire and spoke one last time "if we meet again, I shall personally make you suffer!" Malak and the flame disappeared, while the Doom Ducky knocked down several trees and started throwing Dread Ducky shells at Hibana specifically

(Oh, OK.)

Hibana turns to see the shells headed toward her. Dorei springs up and stands beside Hibana, preparing for action.

"Combattere!" Dorei says. As he says this, Magecraft flows all throughout his body, increasing his strength, durability and speed. Using this increase in power, he begins to launch a barrage of punches, hammering away at the shells. Meanwhile, Hibana attacks the shells from a distance, launching flames at them in order to incinerate them.

"Gravel! Get out of the way!" Hibana says as she launches a wave of flames toward his direction. Dorei drops down to the ground in order to keep away from the attack, allowing Hibana's flame wave to hit the other shells in front of him.

The Doom Ducky's arms suddenly disappeared into itself and a charging mechanical noise erupted from inside of it and a dread ducky sprung up from the ground and started charging toward Hibana

Hibana makes an effort to dodge, but fears she may not be fast enough. Dorei sees the creature coming toward Hibana and gets a split-second idea. Literally.

"Accelerare!" Dorei says, boosting the speed of both himself and Hibana. The whirring noises became a lot slower due to their accelerated speed.

"For gravel, you have quite a few impressive techniques in your arsenal..." Hibana says to Dorei, before launching more flames at the duck. Meanwhile, Dorei uses his Assorbire to gather energy for himself and Hibana. They'd need all the power to get to stop this thing. Although, this made both Dorei and Hibana wonder: if threats like this were present near the start of their quest for the Holy Grail, what would await in the future?

The neck of the Doom Ducky shot out at extreme speeds, almost faster then Hibana and Dorei could properly react, clipping Hibana's shoulder enough to send her onto the ground. The doom ducky made a mocking laughing sound, before getting blasted with three shots of light, causing the Doom Ducky and the Dread Duckies to retreat, laughing menacingly. "Enemies or not, im not about to let someone get eaten by demons." The female who spoke the words revealed herself "went for a stroll and saw you needed a hand, don't worry, I'm not going to say you owe me! By the way, my name is Palaria" Palaria's sheer magical might caught both Hibana and Dorei off guard, as both were able to sense Palaria's infinite mana reserves.

"Wow, she's strong," Dorei says.

Hibana gets up, using a spell to heal her injury.

"And for what purpose did you help us?" Hibana asked them.

"If I had to choose between you and demons, I'd choose you." Palaria's eyes sharpened "but I wouldn't put myself in front of servants without having my own around." Deathwing came out of spirit form a little in front of Palaria ""If these weaklings are what we are facing, we don't have much to worry about!" "I know from experience that there are beings far beyond us in this world, you would all do well to not get too overconfident." Palaria then stated "normally a Holy grail war has seven servants of seven different classes: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Caster, Rider, Assassin, Berserker. But whoever summoned that is none of the above, and Yharim being of the Ruler Class has guaranteed that this is no normal holy grail war, id keep your wits about you, because from now on, none of you are safe." Palaria turned to leave

"Thank you for your assistance!" Dorei replied.

Hibana merely stood there. She was standing there, now fully healed, and deep in thought. Dorei noticed this after they left, and just stared at Hibana. He had learned not to speak to her until she gave permission. Hibana looked back at Dorei and sighed.

"You may speak, gravel," Hibana said to him.

"What's up? You look like something's bothering you..."

"Their mana reserves... It's absolutely absurd... This is the type of opponents that we're up against," Hibana said, "So, we need to try to come up with some way to defeat them if we plan on winning the Holy Grail War."

"What did you have in mind?"

"That's what I'm still trying to figure out."

They suddenly hear Yharims voice "with Palaria you only have one shot at her, if you can't defeat her on that one shot your chances become slim to none." Yharim looked directly at Hibana "'You shouldn't be trying to run Palaria out of stamina or mana, the former of which she is superior to most servants and the latter of which she has infinite reserves of. Unfortunately for you while the Foreigner is around Palaria will be on her guard. And her Berserker is superior even to me physically, so you need a plan for him." Yharim chuckled "ask what you want to ask!"

"Well then, what do we do to properly prepare for Palaria?" Dorei asks, "Does she have any kind of weakness?"

"Well then, what do we do to properly prepare for Palaria?" Dorei asks, "Does she have any kind of weakness?"
"Palaria is trusting and overconfident when faced with someone weaker then her, unfortunately you cannot prepare for all of Palaria's tricks without her knowing about it, since it would require a significant amount of time and she would figure you were preparing for something, she is a genius even if she wouldn't admit it after all." Yharim then stated "Palaria has far too many powerful tricks to prepare for, your only real chance is using a noble phantasm on her, but you'd have to get through her Berserker first, who himself is overconfident but is powerful in every respect, especially noble phantasms. Of course, I will not tell you what his true name is."

"That was... somewhat helpful?" Dorei replied.

"A Noble Phantasm... is there any way to make a Noble Phantasm more powerful?" Hibana asked Yharim.

"That was... somewhat helpful?" Dorei replied.

"A Noble Phantasm... is there any way to make a Noble Phantasm more powerful?" Hibana asked Yharim.
"A noble phantasm is something personally exclusive to the servant in question, depending on the use, there are Noble Phantasms far stronger then others. Such as Excalibur of Artoria or Ea of Gilgamesh" Yharim pulls out Potentia Gladium and holds it in his hand "but a servant cannot be more powerful then they were in life, noble phantasm or not, to answer the question, no. You cannot make a noble phantasm more powerful." Potentia Gladium was suddenly consumed in Flames and the area grew dark with only Yharim's glowing blue eyes visible, even under his helmet "Of course, my noble phantasms fall under the strongest, its why I'm a ruler. To keep things in check." Yharim's aura caused Dorei to drop to one knee before Yharim's intensity faded and the area went back to normal

"H-Hey! What was that for?" Dorei asked.

Meanwhile, Hibana continues think and try to come up with some way that she would be able to deal with Palaria. So far, she and her servant appeared to be the most difficult obstacle ahead. She couldn't increase the strength of her Noble Phantasms, and from the advice given by Yharim, a Noble Phantasm would essentially be their only chance of dealing with her.

"So, Noble Phantasms can't be made more powerful, but that would be our best chance of beating Palaria..." Hibana said, "How strong are her Noble Phantasms in comparison to mine? Are mine powerful enough to gain an advantage in battle against her?"

"H-Hey! What was that for?" Dorei asked.

Meanwhile, Hibana continues think and try to come up with some way that she would be able to deal with Palaria. So far, she and her servant appeared to be the most difficult obstacle ahead. She couldn't increase the strength of her Noble Phantasms, and from the advice given by Yharim, a Noble Phantasm would essentially be their only chance of dealing with her.

"So, Noble Phantasms can't be made more powerful, but that would be our best chance of beating Palaria..." Hibana said, "How strong are her Noble Phantasms in comparison to mine? Are mine powerful enough to gain an advantage in battle against her?"
"Palaria is not a servant, I'm not surprised your senses were dulled by her sheer power. but in terms of Noble Phantasms, Palaria has Dance of Light, a weakened version is what she used to drive off the Doom Ducky, in terms of your Clemantis versus Palaria's Dance of light, Dance of Light is faster and considerably stronger, there's also the fact that Palaria would sense faster then her Berserker that your using a noble phantasm, and counter with Dance of light."

"So how are we supposed to win?" Dorei asked growing more irritated, "If Hibana's Noble Phantasm thing isn't stronger than hers, and there's no way to make it stronger, then how are we supposed to stand a chance?"

"So how are we supposed to win?" Dorei asked growing more irritated, "If Hibana's Noble Phantasm thing isn't stronger than hers, and there's no way to make it stronger, then how are we supposed to stand a chance?"
"We are talking about the woman who was one of the team of two who defeated me, if you are to beat her, you will need to get more powerful, a Noble Phantasm cannot become stronger, but the one using it can. So go, get more powerful, do what you must, and perhaps you will make it all the way." Yharim's tone became a warning tone "but be warned, power... has a price."

"Wait, wait wait. What kind of price?" Dorei asked.

"It doesn't matter," Hibana cut her master off, "We will win this war."

"Wait, wait wait. What kind of price?" Dorei asked.

"It doesn't matter," Hibana cut her master off, "We will win this war."
"There is another thing, Palaria likely has no real wish for the grail, because everything she wanted has already been obtained, and her servant would only wish to regain his sanity." Yharim spoke to Hibana directly while holding the grail in his hand "you want to win this, but we will see what you both are truly willing to give for power and a wish granted. And if you are not ready for anything, if you cannot make the cost, you will Die." Yharim was still holding the grail in one hand, seemingly not caring what happens next

"So that's all we need to know?" Dorei asked, practically interrogating the ruler at this point. Oddly enough, this was a beneficial duo: Dorei would grill Yharim, and Hibana would let all of this information sink in, chiming in when she believed Dorei missed something.

Hibana raised her fan in front of her face, a flame igniting from the edge of the opened fan. She looked toward Yharim, walking toward him without fear or hesitation. Being only a few feet away from the ruler, she stopped and looked him dead in the eyes.

"I will be ready to pay any price and any cost," Hibana said to him, "When this war is over, the grail will be my in my possession, and all of my opponents will be mere gravel crunched and crushed under my feet."

Dorei looked toward Hibana. She really was serious about winning this. From what he had seen of the character in the manga he read, she did have a very sadistic nature, and was driven by selfish motivations. In that manga, it was revenge. He wondered what it was for this Hibana? Could it be that she was just power hungry? Did something lead to that, or is this just her nature? Either way, he was still willing to help her. He did agree to do so, after all.

"And so will I," Dorei says.

"So that's all we need to know?" Dorei asked, practically interrogating the ruler at this point. Oddly enough, this was a beneficial duo: Dorei would grill Yharim, and Hibana would let all of this information sink in, chiming in when she believed Dorei missed something.

Hibana raised her fan in front of her face, a flame igniting from the edge of the opened fan. She looked toward Yharim, walking toward him without fear or hesitation. Being only a few feet away from the ruler, she stopped and looked him dead in the eyes.

"I will be ready to pay any price and any cost," Hibana said to him, "When this war is over, the grail will be my in my possession, and all of my opponents will be mere gravel crunched and crushed under my feet."

Dorei looked toward Hibana. She really was serious about winning this. From what he had seen of the character in the manga he read, she did have a very sadistic nature, and was driven by selfish motivations. In that manga, it was revenge. He wondered what it was for this Hibana? Could it be that she was just power hungry? Did something lead to that, or is this just her nature? Either way, he was still willing to help her. He did agree to do so, after all.

"And so will I," Dorei says.
"No, but it will be all i tell you." Yharim suddenly had Potentia Gladium at Dorei's neck "you both don't even know what's coming." Yharim started to fly into the air "but know this: take what Palaria said to heart, your journey has only just begun." Yharim then easily obliterated the forest and teleported away

""I need to stay on guard with that caster around, she's too dangerous to not have something to counter her"" Neltharian turned to Palaria "something is troubling you master..." Palaria spoke in a serious tone to Neltharian "that caster... she's dangerous, we need to go into hiding until we know exactly what we are going up against. Though I do wish the forest stayed intact."

Dorei sighed after Yharim left and slouched over.

"Why am I always subject to this kind of abuse?" Dorei complained.

"Gravel doesn't complain when it's stepped on," Hibana said as she began to walk off, "We have preparation to do..."

Dorei follows behind Hibana. Much like her, he was vigilant. There was no point in preparing to deal with a stronger foe if they were watching you and learning all about you. They had to make sure that wherever they were going, they weren't being followed. Hibana had an idea to try to deal with this problem, though it likely wasn't going to be too effective if they were fast enough to watch them or even outspeed them.

"Gravel, you had an ability that could make us go faster, correct?" Hibana asked him quietly.

"Yeah, I do," Dorei responded in a matching volume, "But, I also have other abilities besides that. They can be used to make us stronger and faster."

"Use as many as you can without completely exhausting your mana reserves. Hopefully, we can find a town where we can lay low and take steps to deal with Palaria and her servant in private."

Dorei nods. Not speaking any words, he uses his Assorbire, gathering natural energy from what remained in the decimated forest, distributing it to himself and Hibana. To the outside eye, it would appear as though nothing was occurring. Additionally, after gathering this energy, Dorei used Accelerare on Hibana and himself, and the two took off in search of a location to lay low and begin strategizing on how to deal with their competition in the Holy Grail War.

Not long after leaving the forest, or rather, what remained of the forest, they arrived at a hotel in the next city over.

"How does this look for a place to stay for now?" Dorei asked Hibana once they were inside.

"It'll do," She responded.

Walking to the receptionist, Hibana muttered a spell that would allow her to pick up the Romanian language.

"Hello!" The receptionist says, "How long do you plan on staying?"

"Three days," Hibana answers, "He'll be paying for it."

Dorei had no idea what the two of them were saying, but then got an idea once Hibana gave him a nudge. He guessed he was going to have to cover the cost for the hotel stay. He gave some gold pieces to the receptionist, which was more than enough to cover the three-day stay they'd be having. Soon, they entered their room. With the gold that Dorei had used to pay for the room, it was enough to pay for a higher class room. Hibana and Dorei settled into the room.

"So what's the plan?" Dorei asked her.

"For now, we lay low, observe them from a distance. If I knew some kind of spell to observe them based on their mana reserves, we could use that to watch and prepare from a distance without the fear of them catching on..."

"Maybe we could try to find someone to help with that?"

"Perhaps, but not right now. Doing something like that now would be far too obvious," Hibana replied, "Well then, get rested. We'll be waiting here for now. Let's let them make the first move."

Palaria and Neltharian returned to their hideout, with Palaria beginning to prepare with several artifacts, and having Deathwing create monstrous elementals to keep others out, and placing extremely powerful bounded fields around the area, Palaria and Deathwing had made the area an absolute fortress, but Palaria also hid their mana signature, believing Hibana would be able to keep track of them somehow through that.. Palaria also used several spells to track the Doom Ducky and Hibana, Palaria wanted to know what they were capable of, and thus created constructs of both herself and Neltharian, and sent them out to make a fake first move against Dorei and Hibana, hoping to bring out Hibana's Noble Phantasms.

Palaria's Constructs made it to the city, and went to lay low in a cabin Palaria's construct made.

Back