• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP • Unoriginal Holy Grail War Thread

(It's not that. It's that I pretty much just had a plan generated, and your character counters pretty much every aspect of the plan.)

(It's not that. It's that I pretty much just had a plan generated, and your character counters pretty much every aspect of the plan.)
(We are talking about a mage who has free access to some of the most powerful spells in history, but I didn't mean to counter you)

(It's all good, I'll just figure something out. Hopefully.)

The following day, the two got up relatively early. Early enough, in fact, to see the sun rise in the horizon of the city their adventure had taken them. Hibana prepared herself to begin implementing the first steps of her strategy. Dorei prepared himself not long after, somewhat annoyed that he was sleeping on the floor per Hibana's request, even in spite of paying for the room. However, this would needed to be cast aside for the time being, as there were more pressing matters to attend to.

After exploring the town for a little while, they eventually found a clothing shop. Such a place would be perfect for disguising appearances, but if there was a possibility that they could be tracked by mana, making that stop would be pointless. So, for the time being, they'd get an idea of what was going on in the city, if anyone knew of magecraft, or mana, or of masters and servants. After all, there was always the possibility that help isn't as far as one may believe it to be.

And everywhere the two went, they were on guard. After all, they could never be too careful.

Palaria's construct was in highly casual clothing, with most of her mana signature disguised, she simply got the layout of the city and all of its landmarks: a castle overlooking the city to the north, a clock tower to the south, a great church to the east, and a massive stone statue to the west. The town square included a massive fountain, a smaller marble statue of the same figure, and a massive hanging metal spiked jaw said to have belonged to a dragon, with it being considered indestructible by all mages.

As they were walking around, they noticed a figure in casual clothes in several of the locations they stopped by. There was a faint amount of mana, but it was still there nonetheless.

"Hey," Dorei whispered, "Is that-?"

"It might be," Hibana whispered back, "Act casually. When she looks away, we'll go as fast as possible to lose her."

And so, the two went off about their business. And if the construct of Palaria wasn't looking in their direction, Assorbire and Accelerare were once again used in tandem with each other to allow the two to leave the vicinity.

Palaria's construct winked at Hibana, and was already on top of them and said "fighting in the city is an awful idea, after all we don't want to get the police involved more then they already are since the forest got leveled"

"What do you want?" Hibana asked Palaria.
"Just telling you that we aren't fighting in the city~" Palaria's construct grabbed Dorei's hand "there's a shop you will be interested in, let's go!" Palaria then touched Hibana and teleported all three of them to a small shop with a sign reading "The Lantern" Palaria then said "little shop but good wares, you'll like it here!"

"It's always me..." Dorei muttered after being grabbed and teleported to a different location, "Where are we, anyways?"

Hibana looked at the shop before looking toward Palaria. This really didn't make much sense to her. Why would Palaria be aiding them? Did she not even want to win? That could be a possible explanation, given what Yharim had said about her earlier. However, she wanted to be sure. She wouldn't straightforwardly interrogate her, though. She would need to be far more subtle to get an idea of why she was doing this.

"Your easy to read Hibana, "why am I helping you" its simple really, I want to be facing you at the end of the line, keep you friends close and your enemies closer right? Anyway, this little shop is run by a neutral servant, found it on the way to the city because I was following you hehe..." Palaria then grabs Dorei's hand and pushes through the door revealing a stuffed cat-like creature behind a counter and spoke in a surprised tone "more visitors? Well sit down and we can talk... or we wont!"

Hibana smirks, letting out a loud laugh.

"That was the most incompetent thing you could have done, Palaria!" Hibana laughs, "I want you to remember this, when you fight my subordinate and I and lose, when you're forced to bow down like the gravel you are, that you brought this on yourself by helping us."

While that was going on, Dorei sat down. He leaned close to the creature and whispered quietly, as not to be heard by Palaria.

"I'm trying to learn some magecraft that will make me and the laughing woman over there stronger," Dorei said in the quietest tone he could generate, "Is there anything you can offer that would help? Maybe stuff that'd also increase our arsenal and versatility, too?"

Palaria said to Dorei "Your terrible at Whispering" Palaria then laughed at Hibana and stated "'if I'm beaten ill be dead, or back to where I came from, I can teleport even when at the brink of death, so no, you won't have any satisfaction against me, and someone else is on they're way to assist me, so you aren't going to have a good time!"

"My name is Shawm and this is my seap! And you can lower the tension a bit you two

Palaria said to Dorei "Your terrible at Whispering" Palaria then laughed at Hibana and stated "'if I'm beaten ill be dead, or back to where I came from, I can teleport even when at the brink of death, so no, you won't have any satisfaction against me, and someone else is on they're way to assist me, so you aren't going to have a good time!"
"So you're some kind of duplicate?" Hibana said, "I was referring to the real Palaria. She can watch me make my wish with the Holy Grail before getting crushed like the gravel she is..."

"My name is Shawm and this is my seap! And you can lower the tension a bit you two
"I apologize for them," Dorei said, "But once we can get things calmed down, I do have a few things I'd like to see if you can help me with..."

"Actually this is a magical construct i made, im Actually just chilling in my fortress of a workshop"
"Its fine, and I have plenty of things to strengthen you and your servant, so name it and I may have somethin' for you!"

"Uhh, do you have any way we could make this more private, first of all?" Dorei asked him.

"I don't care, frankly," Hibana responds, opening her fan, "When the time comes for you to battle us in person, you will lose."

"I have an area in back, come on"
"I've faced far harder challenges then just some cocky femdom who thinks their real good-" suddenly there were powerful strings entaingling them both and they heard Shawms voice "fight outside, not in here!"

Dorei follows Shawm, making his way into a more private area to discuss what he was looking for with him. Meanwhile, Hibana stared down the Palaria construct.

"Really? You've faced harder challenges?" Hibana said in a mocking tone, using her flames to burn through the threads before walking outside of the building, "Creating a construct to watch individuals that are weaker than you doesn't look like you're too confident about winning..."

"So, what are you looking for?" Shawm said

"I can't get too overconfident, and im one of the team of two who originally killed Yharim, you know the ruler? and the other person is Terevion, he's coming over to hold the fort!"

"Oh? You killed Yharim?" Hibana asked, still with the same mocking tone, "Am I more of a threat to you than him now? Why use all these resources to keep your eye on me when you've dealt with harder challenges?"

"because currently you are the easiest group to keep track of, that demon is hiding is some kind of pocket dimension that i dont think we want to find out how powerful he is in it." Palaria stated

"That demon will be another enemy that will be crushed like gravel," Hibana said calmly.

Meanwhile, Dorei would be conversing and talking with Shawm.

"So, one of the things I want to learn to be able to do is to make sure that no one else can hear me and my servant unless we want them to," Dorei said, "And what kind of magecraft do you have that help us be undetected, and any that could help us level the playing field with stronger opponents?"

"considering you were having trouble with that huge ducky i think not."

"Undetected? i think i have one thing for that" Shawm retrieves a crystal of sorts "this will cause nobody to be able to hear what you are saying unless you will it, and being undetected from that woman is pretty impossible, but i can hide you from lesser mages then her" Shawm casts a powerful spell that hides Hibana and Dorei from detection "Palaria is too powerful for me to completely hide you, but you should be able to shake her off of your tail if your good!"

"You're even more foolish than I believed you to be if you think what I showed was the height of my power," Hibana said.

Dorei smiled, holding the crystal.

"Thank you, sir!" Dorei says, "Now, do you have anything that'll help us better grow stronger?"

"you were doing nothing to that thing with your basic attacks, your noble phantasms might've damaged it"

"Of course, what would you like, i have plenty of things that match the stronger description!"

"Did you hurt your head in that fight with Yharim you had?" Hibana taunted, "My noble phantasms wouldn't have been necessary."

"Great!" Dorei said to Shawm, "What would you recommend to provide the most power for Hibana and I?"

"your attacks were doing nothing, i doubt you would've survived without utilizing your noble phantasms."

"Depends on what your looking for, i have trinkets, weapons, clothing, its really which you want!"

"your attacks were doing nothing, i doubt you would've survived without utilizing your noble phantasms."
"Even if that were true, that's no indication of how strong I'll be in the future," Hibana said, "And I would argue that's what you're afraid of, isn't it?"

"Depends on what your looking for, i have trinkets, weapons, clothing, its really which you want!"
"I really can't decide... Maybe something that will give us a competitive edge," Dorei answered, "Do you have anything that could allow us to see the future?"

"if i was afraid of anything, it would be the weakest links dying so soon!" Palaria playfully taunted

"Unfortunately Precognition is not something i have wares for, and i have all the time in the world, so think about it!"

"if i was afraid of anything, it would be the weakest links dying so soon!" Palaria playfully taunted
"I would have had the same concern about you, except I remembered that gravel like you can't die," Hibana said, "But fortunately, that means I can still crush you."

"Unfortunately Precognition is not something i have wares for, and i have all the time in the world, so think about it!"
"Do you have anything that can boost the power of my magecraft?" Dorei asked, "That would be helpful, as well as something to boost Hibana's strength even further..."

"I would have had the same concern about you, except I remembered that gravel like you can't die," Hibana said, "But fortunately, that means I can still crush you."

"Do you have anything that can boost the power of my magecraft?" Dorei asked, "That would be helpful, as well as something to boost Hibana's strength even further..."
"And weaklings like you are lucky that the strong sometimes show mercy."

"I have these crystals to boost your magical might by 10%!"

"And weaklings like you are lucky that the strong sometimes show mercy."
"And you're going to regret ever giving me these opportunities to beat you," Hibana replied in a confident tone, "Because I'll take each and every one of them, and get rid of this delusion you have that makes you believe you're anything other than gravel."

"I have these crystals to boost your magical might by 10%!"
"10 percent, huh? That's awesome! How many can we get?"

"I don't have to worry about you at all!"

"Many of them! unfortunately they don't stack onto eachother so its not worth it to get more then two of them

"Oh you misunderstand, this isn't a case of how powerful you are, its a case of you don't know whats coming"

"Plenty more things, just name it and I'll get it for you!"

"you have no understanding of what fate is."

"Defense, creation, i have far too many to list! but youd be interested in some defensive crystals, correct?"

Back