• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP • Unoriginal Holy Grail War Thread

(note: I don't recall on whether Void Shiki was an "Oh Shit" moment or not, if she was, it is of a higher scale then what is happening here)

"I sense something dark, Deathwing, lets get out of here, I don't think its safe here anymore..." Palaria looked a little frightened

"Your senses have not been wrong before master, I'll be on high alert until then, if something even comes close to threatening you I will strike." Deathwing proclaimed

"I just hope you don't attack anyone who would be an ally..." Palaria murmured, and Deathwing was surprised to hear his real name spoken then recalled that Palaria was one of the people that rose to fight him in life, and they began to head toward Shawm's seap

after this interaction they left their hideout to it being destroyed right behind them, spooking Palaria further. and the horses McCree, Billy, and Terevion were on went completely out of control, having all three gunslingers jump of as the horses ran off

"I would trust an animal's instincts on that, it did feel as if the ground shook, but i don't think an earthquake is happening..." Terevion mentioned

"from what you said over at the other scene I don't think that's your person. any ideas on what that was, Terevion?" McCree asked

"No."

"That's helpful, lets get a move on before whatever is happening gets here!" Billy said swiftly, and as one the three moved toward the direction of Shawm's seap and the direction that Simara and Armstrong went off to

"What was that?!" Simara asked, fearful for what happened

"I don't know, but whatever it is it isn't good, lets continue moving." as Armstrong said this the three gunslingers caught up to them

"Its you again, well lets not get into combat mode this time and instead stick together, strength in numbers right?" McCree said

"Right..." Terevion said

"Whatever you say, master." Billy said

"Then let's move, I don't want to be around whatever is causing that." Simara said, regaining her confidence suddenly

"We stick together for the time being then." Armstrong said as the group of five were about halfway to Shawm's Seap at this point

Meanwhile Malak and Skuld were quickly moving toward Shawm's Seap, with Skuld sensing something happening over there and heading toward that point

"Something big is happening master, i hope where we are going isn't the dead center of it." Malak said swiftly

"I hope so as well, but now isn't the time to be doubting ourselves." Skuld replied as both were about halfway to Shawn's seap as well

While Yharon was just hitting the land mass with his flight ""I hope I can convince them in time, i think i should head over to that clearing over there..."" As Yharon used his enhanced sight to spot the clearing around Shawm's seap.

Last edited:
Yharon flew at extreme speeds and even still got to the clearing just a second after everyone else got to the clearing, and Urist had followed Yharon to the clearing, arriving a second after Yharon.

"Yharon. If your here whatever happened is serious. But I don't think you have the details yet just looking at you." Terevion said, clearly happy to see Palaria safe but deeply concerned with what was happening, and the same goes to Palaria, though she said nothing her eyes were like bright emerald stars.

Nobody else said anything so Yharon responded in a clear voice that wasn't deep but certainly wasn't high-pitched "Right on the money Terevion, so I'm bringing you all to the island, with how urgent Yharim was I dont think this is at all a false alarm."

"And what happened?! I know Yharim is the ruler and doesn't screw around but what would be urgent enough to get us all off our battleground?!" Skuld exclaimed, echoing everyone's thoughts except for Malaks, Palarias, and Terevions.

"Something enough to threaten the world and probably the universe." Yharon replied calmly

"Well, I'm sold! I will follow along you ******* dragon!" Urist exclaimed

"You do remember i can teleport right?" Palaria asked

"I knew you were a master here, and that you would come near one of the biggest sources of what's possibly happening here like a fearless little woman." Yharon stated

"I guess thats true... so where am I teleporting people to?"

"And what say do we have in this Terevion?" McCree asked

Terevion turned to McCree and spoke "Unless you want something real crappy to happen to you we don't really have a choice in the matter."

"Well, whoever that dragon is you trust him so ill take your word for it." McCree shrugged as he was saying this"

"Master, I do not believe all of the masters and servants in this holy grail war working together would be capable of even closely fighting that dragon, we should go with him." Malak whispered to Skuld

"I think your right." Skuld whispered back and then announced "We are going with you."

"Thats everyone except for 3, Shawm, who doesn't have a master, and Hibana and Dorei, and I think they should all be in Shawm's seap." Palaria announced and then began to walk forward to shawms seap but then stopped abruptly as she was about to enter, sensing something extremely powerful building inside before pushing the door open forcefully, seeing Hibana and Dorei there

Hibana and Dorei turned around, spotting Palaria entering the door.

"You? What do you want?" Hibana asked with some disdain, "Have you finally come to admit that you're nothing but gravel-grit compared to me?"

Palaria was annoyed with Hibana's arrogance, so she decided to make a show of power since nothing of Shawm's was here and a purple mist was there that radiated with dangerous magic and energy, deciding to do so in not even a quarter of a second

Palaria sighed and pointed up, and a massive circular beam of energy no less then 20 feet across that seemed to make the earth shake, causing Dorei to drop to one knee, the the beam lasted about 2 seconds and afterword Palaria pointed at Hibana and Dorei, a massive surge of magical energy coursing around her and her finger.

"Yharim has sent Yharon to bring us all to his island, whatever it is it concerns the sanctity and safety of the holy grail war and all involved, so-" As Palaria was saying this with her own disdain in her voice Yharim teleported into Shawm's Seap

"Unless you want me to use a command seal on you I recommend that you listen to Palaria and go with us. this isn't a choice, this is an order, and none of your arrogance will get you out of vanishing like you didn't even exist." Yharim snapped his orders out, and had one fist raised with his inner arm facing him, with distinct red markings glowing on his hand

"Fine..." Hibana said with obvious reluctance and growing hatred toward Palaria. Even someone devoid of hearing and sight could read the room and tell Hibana hated Palaria.

"Why am I always a victim of stuff like this?" Dorei complained, "What did I do? I didn't even say anything!"

"Hate me all you want Hibana, We can settle it after this is over, though we both know it's one-sided in my favour." Palaria said with her annoyance growing, and the magical energy utterly overpowering Hibana's heat

"Palaria, do the honors of teleporting everyone here to my island and then get your equipment, we will need it."

Yharim ordered as Palaria created a massive magic magic circle which transported everyone to Yharim's throne room specifically, with tall pillars and ancient markings across the walls, and a throne at the far end of the room across from large doors, standing 20 meters tall and 5 meters wide each, and Yharim teleporting to sit down on his throne.

"By my grandmother's beard! Now this is a throne room!" Urist exclaimed while everyone else (under me) were just shocked or had seen everything here before

Palaria teleported herself and Terevion into their home to retrieve their equipment and belongings before teleporting it all to a spare room and setting everything up before teleporting again back to the throne room

Hibana's awe was dulled by her growing hatred for Palaria, and Dorei was primarily asking himself the question of why he was subject to things that weren't even his fault. Eventually he snapped out of it and asked a question.

"Why are we here? What's going on?" Dorei asked.

"I poked around a few places from Shawm's time since I could read absolutely nothing on him with my abilities as a ruler, there's also the fact that he has a far different form of Mana, which I did see, he likely used his noble phantasm when he was summoned, and I walked right into it, magic sensing isn't a whole lot of good when you are almost always within the range of a noble phantasm and can't tell where the source of a noble phantasm is." Yharim casually said, losing his urgency as he fully figured out what was happening and what they could do to stop it

The universe then shook as a void appeared in the sky as the Island was the only thing left standing, proving Yharim has miscalculated

"What was THAT?!" Palaria exclaimed, echoing everyones thoughts(under me)

"Shawm's Noble Phantasm fully activating. We are now the only ones left in the present or future to fight, I recommend everyone here gets some sleep while I look at the past to find where our first target is." Yharim said lightly

"So let me get this straight you Golden Showcase: you wanted to find out more about a member in the Holy Grail War you didn't recongnize so you walked into the source of his noble phantasm?!" Terevion said, his tone utterly angry

"More like I stopped the universe from fully falling apart by figuring this out, Shawm likely was forced to activate his noble phantasm when he came into this world; I do not want to know what became of his master, but whatever happened Shawm didn't want this, he isnt one to lie about his intentions, which leads me to believe he is the mage of the Abyss." Yharim countered and was serious

"The mage of the abyss..." Malak murmured "Wait, you are saying that the mage of the Abyss, the one that created nine gods to do his bidding is that shopkeeper?!" Malak said, his voice surprised

"I wouldn't be telling you this if I didn't believe it to be true, and I have never been wrong before." Yharim said calmly

"I do wish you weren't always right Yharim, but from the Mage of the Abyss's tale it says that destroying the nine gods within their nine voids across human history will weaken Shawm to where we might be able to fight him?" Terevion said, having calmed down

"Yes, and I will use my Clairvoyance to find these voids in history, and we have one person capable of Time Travel here." Yharim said and looked directly at Palaria, who blinked and understood

"So, we just joined the holy grail war not even 24 hours ago and we're off to save humanity and the world? This is quite the amount of action I need!" McCree said, mimicking Billy's thoughts

"And after this? what happens then? And why can't you just use the Holy Grail to fix this" Armstrong asked

"Up to you all." Yharim was holding the holy grail in his hand "And this isn't a fully omnipotent wish-granter, you can change history with this, but you can't wish back the universe." Yharim calmly said and then looked at Hibana

"If you try and kill anyone in this room at any point I will not hesitate to end your miserable life, understand?" Yharim said with vindication in his voice

"I don't even know why you brought us here," Hibana said, "Were you just expecting me to be put into a room with her and just act like there's not a problem?"

"Uh, Yharim, was it? Forgive my friend for her tone," Dorei interjects, "But she does have a point. We're really not even that strong. If you wanted us to help in any way, I don't know what you think we could do..."

"Though to be fair, it's not like he gave us any advice. He said the equivalent of 'get stronger' and vanished..."

"And if you do want us to help, I'd think we need to be much stronger than we are now."

"If you want you two can be on the front lines as cannon fodder. now leave my throne room, Yharon will show you to your rooms."

Palaria, Deathwing and Terevion left immediately since they knew where their room was while Yharon transformed into his human form and beckoned everyone else to him, where Urist followed, cursing under his breath while the rest walked forward in silence

"Yharim would have said that either way Hibana, if Yharim had something to grant us all for power dont you think he would have already given everyone it?" Yharon said calmly

"Yharim would have said that either way Hibana, if Yharim had something to grant us all for power dont you think he would have already given everyone it?" Yharon said calmly
"I don't think the answer to that would be as black and white as you think it is," Hibana said, "He could be trying to make sure he remains unrivaled, or he fears that we'll use whatever power he gives to backstab him... Any number of reasons."

"Or Yharim has nothing to give, the armory here has been barren since about 6 thousand years ago and currently what he has is the holy grail, his sword, and his wits to get by. Frankly I would've kept the armory around had I known he became a servant at some point." Yharon said with his usual calm before everyone(when I say "everyone" I usually mean everyone under me) started walking to the left while Palaria, Terevion, and Deathwing went to the right

"Or Yharim has nothing to give, the armory here has been barren since about 6 thousand years ago and currently what he has is the holy grail, his sword, and his wits to get by. Frankly I would've kept the armory around had I known he became a servant at some point." Yharon said with his usual calm before everyone(when I say "everyone" I usually mean everyone under me) started walking to the left while Palaria, Terevion, and Deathwing went to the right
"Hmph," Hibana replied, "Did he tell you that, or did you find that out on your own?"

"A servant usually has what is important to their legends or lives with them, I would be surprised if Yharim could not summon his old war council to him at any time, but what Yharim actually had was his sword and armor in life and legend, nothing else was standard so he would not have anything else naturally, of course the holy grail is an exception due to Yharim being of the Ruler Class." Yharon said calmly

"And why not utilize the Holy Grail to properly combat this?" Hibana continued to interrogate, "What, will it disappear if he makes a wish with it?"

(Though I had answered that...)

"Weren't you listening mortal? Yharim already said he couldn't wish back the universe with the holy grail, you think that answer changed after a minute?" Malak said with his own disdain

"You really think someone as no-nonsense as Yharim wouldn't just wish the universe back into existence?" McCree said with an extremely serious tone

(It's been a while, forgive me if I lost track lol)

"Hmmm, that's a fascinating limitation," Hibana thought aloud, "So what can and can't the Holy Grail be used for? It'd be a shame if I won it only to find out the wish I wanted can't be granted..."

"Unknown, and the chances of you winning the holy grail war with Palaria around are slim to none, she's too strong and you should have already gleamed as much." Malak almost snapped that out

"Enough, if we are going to save existance as we know it we need to stop quarreling and work together, Yharim should find out our first target and have us go there in 9 hours, everyone should relax and maybe visit the hot springs on our left." Yharon said with a deathly calm

Nobody(under me) entered the springs and instead followed Yharim into a large circular room with several other rooms around the edges, ornate with gold and stone carvings

"Here are your rooms, each master and servant will have two rooms, I will leave you to prepare." Yharon said calmly before leaving the room swiftly

Hibana only frowned when Palaria was mentioned.

"Such a shame..." Hibana said, before beginning to finally smirk again upon entering her room and being left in solidarity. She was beginning to piece together her strategy and map out a way to win the Holy Grail War.

"I hope Yharim comes up with something because I'm clueless as to how we are going to win this thing..." Palaria murmured

"He will tell us where we need to go, and you time travel us there, its simple for that." Terevion replied as some silent signals went between them, both happy to see eachother but knowing that this is far too serious to go out on a date, not like they would be able to go anywhere regardless

"Then get to sleep, you both will need to be fully rested for this" Neltharian said as he entered spirit form

"Probably should do that... good night Terevion." Palaria said softly as she covered herself in the gold-tinted bet sheets and fell asleep

"Night Palara." Terevion responded as he did the same, ad finitum for everyone else under me

End of Act One: The Holy Grail War​

Beginning of Act Two: An Overlord's Dilemma​

Dorei dreams, and sees a heavily robed skeleton sitting on a chaotic throne, who was saying something that Dorei couldn't hear to a Light brown-skinned maid, before waking up(decide how Dorei wakes up lol)

Palaria wakes up and wakes Terevion up with a soft shake, and both do their own morning routine(basically the normal routine for people) before they walked into Yharim's throne room, whom was clearly thinking as everyone else woke up

"Palaria, Terevion. I trust you have rested well? We need to get moving now, Yharon, collect the rest of the masters and servants and bring them here." Yharim calmly ordered

"We have, which time am I hopping off to?" Palaria responded

"50,000 years into the past, in the area that would become Europe is where we are going." Yharim responded as Yharon silently left the throne room and began traveling to everyones rooms

Dorei wakes up with confusion. He'd never had dreams like that before. What on earth did it mean? Did it even have a meaning? However, Dorei didn't have much time to sit and ponder this as Yharon was coming to gather the rest of the servants and masters. Dorei and Hibana had no change of clothes due to being transported to this location so suddenly, so at least they wouldn't have to worry about not being decent or needing to change when he would get to them.

"Your favorite benchwarmers are here," Dorei said, practically being a perfect mirror of the sarcasm Hibana had shown the day before, "Do you need your 'cannon fodder' now?"

"Keep your guard down and you may really be cannon fodder for this grand mission, let's get moving." Yharon said with some laughter in his eyes

"I suppose Yharim will brief us himself?" Armstrong asked

"I think he is coming with us." Yharon responded

The group walked through the doors Yharon called across the room "There you all are, let's get started then!"

Yharim walked forward as Palaria and Terevion stoop in the center of the room

"Our destination is 50,000 years into the past of Europe, when the Overlord Ainz Ooal Gown was first rising to power, he disappeared 1000 years later. Our goal is to ally with Ainz, this means that everyone here will shove their arrogance and overconfidence elsewhere, Hibana and Malak, but first we have to get there. And before you ask an Overlord is the highest rank of Undead liches, and Ainz was the strongest before his disappearance. You will know him by his purple robes, he is nearly impossible to miss." Yharim said with a commanding voice

"That's reassuring," Dorei replied to Yharon, still with sarcasm, but also with his focus being elsewhere. Dorei seemed a tad off. He was still thinking about what that dream meant. It was incredibly vivid, almost as if he was actually there when it was happening.

"Gravel, pay attention," Hibana commanded Dorei, "He's explaining where he wants his cannon fodder located..."

When Yharim would have told her to shove her arrogance elsewhere, Hibana would merely frown and give a slight eye roll.

Yharim, noticing Dorei's distraction said "something on your mind Dorei? If not then we will leave immediately."

Back