• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RoF Master Roshi's Power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, basically I come to give you this link (probably everyone here saw it) to an interview with Akira Toriyama, talking about various things, and I wanted to know your opinion about Master Roshi's power during the movie

I believe it's accepted as inconsistency here.

pretty sure akira was joking about roshi being as powerful as needed

as far as an increase goes- its probable that he was training between saiyan saga and now but that is generally not accepted since the training is not shown

The Living Tribunal1 said:

as far as an increase goes- its probable that he was training between saiyan saga and now but that is generally not accepted since the training is not show
and what about his power level during the saiyan saga? He on base state and relaxed had a power level of 139, When Piccolo destroyed the Moon he must have a power level of about ~330

Alpha149 said:

as far as an increase goes- its probable that he was training between saiyan saga and now but that is generally not accepted since the training is not show
and what about his power level during the saiyan saga? He on base state and relaxed had a power level of 139, When Piccolo destroyed the Moon he must have a power level of about ~330
yes that is true, but power levels can not be used to scale stats

Alpha149 said:
But... That how Dragon Ball Verse works
the reason it cant be scaled is their is no linear correlation between stats and power levels

the only correlation is that higher power levels = higher stats

So, lower power levels = lower stats

Roshi is weaker than Piccolo but not abysmally weaker

Alpha149 said:
Alpha149 said:
But... That how Dragon Ball Verse works
the reason it cant be scaled is their is no linear correlation between stats and power levels

the only correlation is that higher power levels = higher stats
So, lower power levels = lower stats
Roshi is weaker than Piccolo but not abysmally weaker

i know, but we dont know exactly how much weaker

Multi Continent to Moon (in base)

Stats are related to the power levels

Is like Kaioken Thing

For example: A Power level: 250

B Power Level: 500

Then B is 2 times faster stronger powerful and durable than A

Power levels do not scale linearly.

Personally I have no problem with upgrading Roshi's statistics in a separate key for the RoF storyarc, but since the other admins disagree, I will not make an issue of it.

True. We could always chalk it up to training, despite Toriyama's comment about Roshi always having been that strong.

how about keeping it as unknown fror now

i mean even if he went moon lvl with training thats irrelevant to the story and wudnt be shwon

still

a nutral position wud be to keep it as unknown and then finalize it using a thread, but that will have to wait for a while

Possibly. I mean, we don't know exactly how strong those Frieza henchmen were. It depends on what the others think.

Technically, Roshi has never gone hand to hand combat in MAX power mode before aswell iirc. I agree with TLT's suggestion aswell, there's more important things to do atm

True. I am very worried about that we will rush into the AP revision without having worked through the values.

I have no problem waiting, as long as the end you take into account a possible upgrade for Roshi (in a separate key)

RoF Roshi feats: OUTLIER

Has been discussed previously, and I am not discussing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back