• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rise of Shadows • RP Thread

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
In the distant edge of the continent of the Eastern Kingdoms at night, a remote controlled helicopter lands, ready to be loaded with individuals to go into it

A red-haired woman walked from the edge of the town nearby, the light not being enough to illuminate her beyond her eyes and the fresh blood on her cheek, the sign up accepted message had gone to five individuals so far, and this woman was one of them, a thinly veiled smile crept across her face as she saw the helicopter

Registration Thread

Last edited:
Lynn had been gazing at her suit...it certainly carried more of a heroic look to it than she remembered...not like she'd have time to change it now, quickly shoving it back in the luggage case it had been in along with the rest of her clothes. Granted, being further in the city wasn't useful in the slightest at this time. It was easy to see things come and go from the border but what it was could be harder to tell, but this one...this seemed like it was it. At least she hoped it was. The closer she went to it the clearer it became, granted a pilot wasn't visible so she'd just have to trust it was the one without asking questions. At this point, she was far enough behind that she wasn't able to be made out, but close enough that her silhouette could at least be made out.

"It's likely..." The woman responded, having stepped far enough into the light to reveal fresh blood on her clothes outside of the splatter on her cheek, and at least much of it wasn't her own, it painted a grim picture of the woman already, and the jolly edge to her voice was off-putting considering how much blood was on her

Janus has been walking all day to get here, her frozen footprints visible enough for some to see. As she arrived, the temperature got a little colder, enough for them to notice her presence. As she gazed at the mysterious flying object, or helicopter by layman's terms, she was perplexed yet familiar with those inventions. Given she had been alive— if that's one way to put it— for about a millennia or so, seeing one of these go by is very interesting. Nonetheless, that is not what she came here for. Listening in to Lynn and the other woman— Ciara— she gazed at the two as she appears near them.

Stain was a man who didn't fit anyone who saw him, his clothes clearly said he was a gangster or a detective, probably somewhere between the rude or nice type of either, but the way he acted didn't match, some clumsy steps, as if just touching the ground would mean walking among skeletons, some sweat on his face as if he had a fever, looking around in a strange way Bordering on paranoia, he kept moving his hands slightly like a sick person and his gaze was filled with a combination of disgust and a certain degree of madness...

"Excuse me madan, how long have you been like this, you wait for us after getting dirty or is it recent?" Stain asked to the mysterious woman, his face was a little pale.

Well this certainly made Lynn begin to think this was a bad idea...granted it probably wasn't too late to walk the other way...looking to the side of her, she noticed yet another person that looked arguably younger. While she looked more innocent, Lynn couldn't help but get a cold feeling. And then of course...there was Stain. He looked somewhat suspicious, but at least he wasn't wearing the crime scene...not much backing out now. But to Lynn this was better. She needed something to keep her from leaving this...she knew handling the heroes were top priority. Besides, if the world's most dangerous villains would be on this trip, then the streets would be safer during this mission anyways. A win-win...heh...right?

But, she didn't feel safe...not around these psychos anyways.
"I'll be back in a bit." She said to everyone. "I'm not sure this thing will be taking many stops, so I better get suited up while I have the chance." Granted, she was probably right, but her real intention for putting on the suit was just in-case any of these people tried killing her on the ride...she knew she needed them...just didn't trust them much.

"Oh don't worry... I made a stop before I got here... hehehe..." The woman said before disappearing, she shouldn't have been able to, there was no sound to say it was speed, but still it happened, she was there one moment and gone the other...

Well this certainly made Lynn begin to think this was a bad idea...granted it probably wasn't too late to walk the other way...looking to the side of her, she noticed yet another person that looked arguably younger. While she looked more innocent, Lynn couldn't help but get a cold feeling. And then of course...there was Stain. He looked somewhat suspicious, but at least he wasn't wearing the crime scene...not much backing out now. But to Lynn this was better. She needed something to keep her from leaving this...she knew handling the heroes were top priority. Besides, if the world's most dangerous villains would be on this trip, then the streets would be safer during this mission anyways. A win-win...heh...right?

But, she didn't feel safe...not around these psychos anyways.
"I'll be back in a bit." She said to everyone. "I'm not sure this thing will be taking many stops, so I better get suited up while I have the chance." Granted, she was probably right, but her real intention for putting on the suit was just in-case any of these people tried killing her on the ride...she knew she needed them...just didn't trust them much.
Janus stared at her back, her face blank and pale. Though she did looked young and an innocent stereotype, her eyes and her face proved so otherwise.

After a few minutes, Lynn came back in her uniform, but unmasked. It certainly got rid of some of the heroic aesthetic as long as she had the mask away. "Alright, I'm ba-..." Odd...the girl from before was missing. "Where'd the other one go?" She asked them.

"Nice suit..." the woman said, appearing behind Lynn "Wouldn't the protection be better with a mask...? Or... do you fancy a scar art...?" Ciara asked
She pulled the hooded mask down in one quick motion as she turned around. "You try to put a scar on me, and ensure that your face caves into the back of your head." She looked back to the rest of the group. "In case there was any confusion about my position...we're allies, for the moment at least. But if any of you even think of killing me...just know that your best chance is in the afterlife. Are we clear on that?"

"Oh, I so love it when they put up a fight!" The woman exclaimed, her smile spreading to be thin and wide, she walked around Lynn, an aura of bloodlust cloaking her, this was clearly a psychopath...

"I am Ciara Spectra, I hope you'll be amusing enough!" Ciara announced

"Oh, I so love it when they put up a fight!" The woman exclaimed, her smile spreading to be thin and wide, she walked around Lynn, an aura of bloodlust cloaking her, this was clearly a psychopath...

"I am Ciara Spectra, I hope you'll be amusing enough!" Ciara announced
"Put up a fight...." Janus repeated somewhat quietly. Her voice was mature and deep, yet it was monotone.
"Lynn..." She got that feeling, like she needed to be on-guard around this one. "I suppose now that we're introducing ourselves." She turned to the others to see if they would give their names.
"Janus Kínisi" she said.

Auryx ran up to the helicopter, panting and incredibly winded despite her run being only around five minutes long in total. She tried to compose herself, to get a word out to the other people there but she found it difficult. "H-... h-.... hi...." she got out before going back to panting once more.

"Quite the interesting looking group" Ku'Gath stated within Auryx's mind

"Sh-... shut up...." Auryx responded between her breaths

Auryx ran up to the helicopter, panting and incredibly winded despite her run being only around five minutes long in total. She tried to compose herself, to get a word out to the other people there but she found it difficult. "H-... h-.... hi...." she got out before going back to panting once more.

"I'll have to babysit everyone, won't I?" She mumbled. "Who in the world are you?" Now actually looking at her, she actually looked a bit older than the others...a little relieving to her.

Janus looks at her, cocked an eyebrow and nodded slightly, "Compose yourself. You can't talk properly like that." she said.

"I'll have to babysit everyone, won't I?" She mumbled. "Who in the world are you?" Now actually looking at her, she actually looked a bit older than the others...a little relieving to her.
"Names... Auryx... Nice to meet you..." she said, reaching her hand out to shake hers
Janus looks at her, cocked an eyebrow and nodded slightly, "Compose yourself. You can't talk properly like that." she said.
"Sorry... about that..." Auryx said, trying her best to stop her panting, mostly failing in the process

"Good, the last one of you is here, board the helicopter!" A male voice said "I will observe all of you when you get here."

"Oh, we're ready to get on..." Ciara said, but she quickly dashed to Auryx "something's wrong with you, isn't there?" Ciara asked, her eyes gleaming

"Good, the last one of you is here, board the helicopter!" A male voice said "I will observe all of you when you get here."

"Oh, we're ready to get on..." Ciara said, but she quickly dashed to Auryx "something's wrong with you, isn't there?" Ciara asked, her eyes gleaming
"Uh... it's nothing... I just get winded easily... is all" Auryx said to Ciara, finally gaining some form of composure, before walking over to and getting onto the helicopter

"Uh... it's nothing... I just get winded easily... is all" Auryx said to Ciara, finally gaining some form of composure, before walking over to and getting onto the helicopter
"Is that really it?" Ciara responded with a smile, she knew something else was wrong with Auryx, she wasn't stupid, but she also didn't really have any clues as to what it was

"Is that really it?" Ciara responded with a smile, she knew something else was wrong with Auryx, she wasn't stupid, but she also didn't really have any clues as to what it was
"Yep totally." Auryx said, with a wide, incredibly forced smile as she sat down in the helicopter, shifting around constantly trying to find a comfortable position

Janus was already on the helicopter and never made a single noise as she does so. "If I can find a way to kill myself, then maybe joining them.... would be an opportunity", she thought to herself. She daren't touch the helicopter in anyway, given she is in cased in eternal cold, so touching it would mean freezing tbe entire helicopter. Thus, she held her hands together, with the cold freezing both her hands solid. Thankfully, she was wearing shoes, a very long dress, and a witch's hat, so her hands are the only ones not clothed.

Back