• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rise of Shadows • RP Thread

"Such personality! I cannot wait to personally work with you, partner."

With an inviting smile on his face, the man would look towards Rafaam. Though, seeing as how one of the others was getting ready to shake his hand, he relented on doing the same. After all, instead of it being a formality, it would be seen as quite awkward.

"I don't need special effects to have a presence!" Rafaam said, it was true, seeing as the red energies beneath his bandages were showing in quite a few areas, before he was on top of Auryx in an instant and did put his hand on hers, but shifted them to be bottom-top, a submissive-dominant handshake, clearly a way of silently exerting authority before her shook it

"We should get you inside! After all, initiation must take place!" Rafaam said, before turning and walking towards the opening, Ciara chuckling softly and remaining behind Auryx

"I don't need special effects to have a presence!" Rafaam said, it was true, seeing as the red energies beneath his bandages were showing in quite a few areas, before he was on top of Auryx in an instant and did put his hand on hers, but shifted them to be bottom-top, a submissive-dominant handshake, clearly a way of silently exerting authority before her shook it

"We should get you inside! After all, initiation must take place!" Rafaam said, before turning and walking towards the opening, Ciara chuckling softly and remaining behind Auryx
Janus remained silent. She didn't have anything to say to this Rafaam person, though given his stature and personality, she deduces that he may be powerful to have "that" kind of mannerisms. After a while, she followed him into the opening, walking nonchalantly despite the cold weather.

The man would merely chuckle at how boisterous Rafaam was, before walking towards the opening. Though, as he was doing such, he would look at his environment, his surroundings. In doing so, he was making sure that his true intentions were unable to be discerned, as to the outside eye, he was just looking at the natural beauty of what is around him.

"I hope you realize that one is trying to stay behind you for whatever reason." Ku'Gath said to Auryx

"Yes I know, shut up. I'm just going to ignore it for now. Hopefully nothing happens" Auryx whispered as she followed Rafaam

"I pray there will be some creatures to kill within, I'm beginning to hunger."

"I know... I can feel it and I'm just as hungry as you are. You'll be sated soon, don't worry." Auryx whispered once more, growing irritated and her face growing pale. She hadn't eaten anything all day and her worm's hunger wasn't doing much to help, in fact it was causing her hunger to increase tenfold. Her entire body felt achy and she could feel a tugging on her heart. She knew the feeling well, her worm pulling upon her very soul and awaiting its tribute.

"I am..." The person said once he was within ten meters of them all, they didn't have a chance to really register it was the voice speaking to them before before he threw he cloak off and shouted "RAFAAM! SUPREME ARCHEOLOGIST!"

Ciara smiled as she got out of the helicopter and stood behind Auryx
Lynn kind of just slow-clapped, her amusement or lack thereof was unintelligible through her mask.

The inside of the base definitely was state of the art, the brick was smooth and reinforced with metal, though it didn't take long until Rafaam stopped in the middle of a dark and large room "And you will be fighting for your initiation, you'll all be needed at top shape for this!" Rafaam announced as the room lit up with lights, a large orcish woman in a purple and brown swampland attire jumped down, Claw weapons on her wrists with glowing green gems in each base,

"And I will be the one to make sure you each are in top shape." She said, her voice a bit gruff as she walked towards Auryx and Ciara first, who were the most obviously not in top shape to her outside of Janus, who she knew better than to say she could help right away "I have a good idea on what ails each of you from top condition, but I want you to tell me yourselves." She said, her glowing green eyes narrowing at Auryx

The inside of the base definitely was state of the art, the brick was smooth and reinforced with metal, though it didn't take long until Rafaam stopped in the middle of a dark and large room "And you will be fighting for your initiation, you'll all be needed at top shape for this!" Rafaam announced as the room lit up with lights, a large orcish woman in a purple and brown swampland attire jumped down, Claw weapons on her wrists with glowing green gems in each base,

"And I will be the one to make sure you each are in top shape." She said, her voice a bit gruff as she walked towards Auryx and Ciara first, who were the most obviously not in top shape to her outside of Janus, who she knew better than to say she could help right away "I have a good idea on what ails each of you from top condition, but I want you to tell me yourselves." She said, her glowing green eyes narrowing at Auryx
Janus moved her right arm, which again was falling off due to the ice. As pieces of her flesh break apart, Janus began eating some of it. She needn't say anything about her condition, looking over to Auryx as she notices the orc-ish woman.

Last edited:

"Nothing is exactly ailing me at the moment..." Lynn said, confused on what this person was getting at.

"Well, I suppose I would just say that... I'm hungry. That's how I'd describe it really" Auryx told the woman "If you have any food I suppose that could help."

"I don`t have anything ailling me" he said he has monthly checkups on his body to see if there is any problems with it

"Okay, I feel like always, seeing the truth of things" Stain said, the truth is that his strange power of birth did not greatly affect his perception of the orcish, a little more wrinkles there and a couple of extra mouths, the truth is that if he could deactivate that power then he would realize that almost everyone in the room is totally different from how he sees them in terms of appearance, less monstrous

"Well, I suppose I would just say that... I'm hungry. That's how I'd describe it really" Auryx told the woman "If you have any food I suppose that could help."
The woman laughed "Really?" She said before she loomed down right into Auryx's eyes, her voice appearing in Auryx's mind "I can see into your soul, child. There's nothing there you can hide from me there."

"Interesting specimen..."

The man would murmur this to himself as he looked over the rather orcish woman. Though, he would just shrug and put on his smile once again. To his knowledge, nothing was currently ailing him from fighting in top physical condition. Many blueprints were stored in his briefcase, but he still had plenty of equipment to be used in the first place.

The woman laughed "Really?" She said before she loomed down right into Auryx's eyes, her voice appearing in Auryx's mind "I can see into your soul, child. There's nothing there you can hide from me there."
"Stay away from her mind" Boomed Ku'Gath's voice within Auryx and the Orc's minds

Auryx slinked back, her brain started to throb. It was as though someone with a megaphone was shouting into her ears. When Ku'Gath's voice stopped echoing in her mind, sweat was beading down her forehead and she had moved well over 10 feet away from the Orc. She questioned if she had done that accidentally or if her worm was just did so to get her away from the Orc.
"Uh.... he... hehe..." Auryx laughed, trying to wrap her head around the whole situation "Sorry about that..."

"That told me everything I needed." The woman said with a smirk, a green aura surrounding both her and Auryx as she began feeding Ku'Gath long gone souls without any personality to them anymore, before manifesting a plate with some Fish & Chips on it and handing it to Auryx before moving on, Rafaam's left eye opening more in interest as the woman moved onto Ciara

"And what's so wrong with me?" Ciara asked with a grin

The woman rolled her eyes impatiently "Your wounds, they need treatment, give me access to them." The woman said

"Oh, I didn't notice them!" Ciara said with a small maniacal laugh, dropping her shirt and jacket to reveal a shoddily bandaged chest, which was quite large, but what was more noticeable was the great slew of lightly bleeding extremely deep wounds, from her right collar bone to her waist to her stomach, she had wounds, it was a grizzly sight, and the fact that Ciara didn't seem to care was more surprising

The woman grunted, before gently drawing a single sharp-nailed finger across ever wound, deep or shallow, and began slowly healing them all

"That told me everything I needed." The woman said with a smirk, a green aura surrounding both her and Auryx as she began feeding Ku'Gath long gone souls without any personality to them anymore, before manifesting a plate with some Fish & Chips on it and handing it to Auryx before moving on, Rafaam's left eye opening more in interest as the woman moved onto Ciara
“Oh uh… thanks for that” Auryx said, devouring the plate in seconds. She could feel her pain fade away as her worm was sated.

"Healing Magic..." she muttered.
Maybe this could help her! Having suffered for millenniums upon millenniums, wanting to die yet can't.... and now, witnessing some witch heal off a person, prompts her into wanting to learn it. But why? Why after all this time, would she want to look for something to let her live?

What's the point in living when one has no reason to?

Is it to eat? To just survive?

It's more than just human instinct; those don't justify as excuses for why one would want to live; it's obvious one would desire to live, but it is too simple of a goal and doesn't have any depth to it other than just that.

She wanted to kill herself, but now all the sudden she wants to learn to preserve herself further?

"Didn't you want to kill yourself?" a voice spoke out in her head, "You've said it for about 1000 years ever since you've been caught in the great blizzard..."

"But... I got some comrades now... I'm not.... alone anymore."

"Your face tells me nothing but lies.... I know you want to die... But it seems you can't die just yet, can you?"

"Yeah.... This new world is an opportunity that occurs once in a blue moon.... I can't let it end here... Not now, not yet.... Maybe there's a reason I could find, maybe.... just maybe...."

'Fascinating...' The man would think to himself as he witnessed the interaction between the orc and Auryx. Something about the reaction was interesting to him, and he would assume that it was because of some mental interference. Whether it be from the orc or Auryx herself, he did not know. But in his fair share of strange and esoteric encounters, he had encountered interference with his own mind. Still, he wanted to gather more intelligence on that strange individual, though he would drag his attention away from her as he noticed the healing magic being used. There was a slight wonder if he could try and replicate it using some sort of absorption machine, but he would store the thought away for later.

Janus looks at the others, especially the people from the other helicopter who arrived with them together. She figured something wrong or strange would've happened, but the interaction with the orc witch and Auryx didn't pique her interest, so much so that it seemed "normal" to her. She wasn't bothered by Rafaam's "personality" or Ciara's "psychopathic nature"; what she was more bothered by was the reason why they came here and the meaning behind the "Initiation" Rafaam mentioned a while back.

Outside of the base, a loud crash was heard, immediately followed by a faint roar of anger and seismic activity around the base. A gust of wind began emanating not long afterwards. Was this a hero that had found their base? Or was it something else?
Janus looked outside the base, her face a bit more... curious, wondering what could be that thing outside.

"It sounded like a freaking missile strike, we had a softer landing travelling in a supersonic helicopter. We sure that it was just one person?"
"It's an assumption, but I'm pretty sure it is, or... more than one. I saw nothing when we traveled at the helicopter. Either they were near the base, or they somehow managed to hide their presence" she said, walking near the exit, about to materialize a weapon from her frozen hand.

Whatever had caused the commotion outside was still apparently fighting, causing more booms as it was brought down into the base. Its roars grew louder and it continued to strike toward whatever or whoever was being used to detain it.

"ᚱᛖᛚᛖᛊᛖ ᛗᛖ!" It yelled, appearing to have a feminine voice, though a rather aggressive one.

"Should I go? I'm not sure, yes, well it's a tempting offer if you put it like that" said Stain speaking to a Book, that although magical, anyone advanced in the use of magic would know that it was not enough to have it own conscience, so it was probably some of the madness he had

Janus lowered her staff, the temperature getting much colder, yet her blank gaze remained. She knew what this woman was saying, though she isn't the type to respond with fists flying. With the other weapon dissipating, she simply observes the situation and assumes what will happen.

Back