• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove the in-multiverse state of Perpetua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Perpetua's power was never portrayed to work like her sons, so the in-multiverse key for Perpetua is wrong and should be removed.

However, there's an interview where Scott Snyder said that the stature and the nature (in general) she had before was diminished due to her imprisonment in the Source Wall since the down of creation.

A "Diminished State" key would be more appropriate for her.

I agree, but it also makes more sense to remove her 1-A key or consider it an outlier due to the circumstances surrounding the creation of the multiverse. Perpetua herself explains that she's merely universal despite most of her power being returned to her, having regained the totality. Both "in multiverse" and out she should be 1-C at best.

I agree, but it also makes more sense to remove her 1-A key or consider it an outlier due to the circumstances surrounding the creation of the multiverse. Perpetua herself explains that she's merely universal despite most of her power being returned to her, having regained the totality. Both "in multiverse" and out she should be 1-C at best.
Perpetua and the Hands powers runs on Anti-Crisis Energy or Crisis Energy provided by the Source. These energies are the raw materials of creation on which they use to create Multiverses in addition of fuelling their powers. In fact, their whole powers came from the Source, not just the ability to create a Multiverse.

Snyder stated that her whole stature and nature in general was diminished since her imprisonment in the Source Wall.

Perpetua being exhausted after destroying one universe should be considered as low stamina due to limited reserves of Crisis Energy or an outlier. She has solid feats that support the Low 1-C rating for her diminished state.

I agree with downgrading her true state, because 1-A seems exaggerated for her but this is for another thread.

agree with the removal. Was saying it as far back as the super boy prime revisions
Yep, there's a true state of Perpetua before the imprisonment in the Source Wall and a diminished state of Perpetua after the imprisonment in the Source Wall.

Perpetua being exhausted after destroying one universe should be considered as low stamina due to limited reserves of Crisis Energy or an outlier.
Perpetua herself says otherwise. She describes that state as being "all but a fraction of her power."

Perpetua herself says otherwise. She describes that state as being "all but a fraction of her power."
As I said, she has solid feats that support her Low 1-C rating like threatening to destroy the 5-D Bleedspace by fighting the Darkest Knight and the scale of her actions broke Hypertime. The universal power level, to my point of view, should be considered as low stamina.

But anyway, this is not the reason of this thread.

Agree with OP. Perpetua should have a Diminished Key, not a Within the Multiverse Key.

In addition, should we change her True State Key to something like Full Power, Prime, or something? The way here Keys are currently named imply that her Power alters depending on if she's within the Multiverse, when they should reflect when she had her original power and how she's lost power.

Agree with OP. Perpetua should have a Diminished Key, not a Within the Multiverse Key.

In addition, should we change her True State Key to something like Full Power, Prime, or something? The way here Keys are currently named imply that her Power alters depending on if she's within the Multiverse, when they should reflect when she had her original power and how she's lost power.
I think that True State or Prime is fine since her whole stature and nature was diminished after her imprisonment in the Source Wall.

Also, a footnote should be added on why Perpetua being exhausted after destroying one universe despite the fact that she say that all but a fraction of her power was returned shouldn't be considered as evidence for downgrading her to 2-C since she has solid Low 1-C feats and her diminished state.

As I said earlier, I see this as low stamina due to limited reserves of Crisis Energy.

Last edited:
Indeed, that's why a footnote should be added to avoid confusions about the power level of the characters.

So can somebody summarise what we should do here please?

Maybe something along the lines of "Despite Perpetua's description of her own power being limited to one universe at a time, the decision has been made to keep her at [rating] due to her other feats"

How about:

Note: In spite of Perpetua's own statement of her powers being limited to one universe at a time, the context and scale of her feats provide evidence and support for a much higher rating. As such, it was decided that her previous statement of her own capabilities is simply an inconsistency and is thus, ignored.

How about:

Note: In spite of Perpetua's own statement of her powers being limited to one universe at a time, the context and scale of her feats provide evidence and support for a much higher rating. As such, it was decided that her previous statement of her own capabilities is simply an inconsistency and is thus, ignored.
agree.

I would prefer avoiding a strict judgment in writing of her statement being an inconsistency and simply leaving it at that it was decided that there was more evidence for the higher rating than lower. But that's just me personally.

Would something like this be better?

"Note: Despite Perpetua's own statement of her powers being limited to one universe at a time, it was decided that the context and scale of her feats provide more evidence and support for much higher statistics."

Okay. Thanks.

So is somebody knowledgeable willing to edit the Perpetua profile page?

Unless Antvasima want to add the explanations of Snyder about Perpetua's diminished state.

I think that somebody can add the note to her page if you wish, yes.

Meh, don't know if it's really necessary. Just the note about her power being limited to one universe at a time should be enough.

That is the one that I referred to. What did you think that I was talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back