• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Perpetua Ability Revision

Looks good but just a few details.

Perpetua was gathering energy to destroy a universe and needed to gather more to destroy another universe afterward.
main-qimg-9a921cf180486588c883e73dcd8c46e1

Just want to point out that she destroy a universe in a single instant, which is way more powerful than the Anti-Monitor who is only able to destroy a universe over time via an anti-matter HAX. I'll talk about that later.
main-qimg-1889d6043cfb6ea1ce31729a60223d63-lq

What Perpetua was drawing energy from the Multiverse, as you already know, was Crisis Energy, the energy overseeing all aspects of the self -- selfishness, greed and predation. This is important because Crisis Energy and Anti-Crisis Energy are malleable energies that can be fashioned into a Multiverse whose energies can be harnessed and wielded.

For example, Perpetua drew into the dark energies of the Multiverse, aka Crisis Energy, to destroy universe after universe and would have amassed enough Crisis Energy to restart the Multiverse in her image if her plan had succeeded.
main-qimg-42885e6f2df39d3bed1b5e5790c1fb1d

Another exemple, Wonder Woman wanted to collect Crisis Energy from the three Crisis Worlds in the Dark Multiverse to remake the Multiverse into its initial configuration of infinite universes before the Anti-Monitor's Crisis.
main-qimg-05d419bd9789121869b2ac7244cd5e81

main-qimg-935cee59e653e5d0b50170bb909322be

What does this prove? That Perpetua needs to gather Crisis Energy to destroy universe after universe, and the power to restart the Multiverse in her image is a reality-warping HAX that she probably couldn't use in a fight and needs a lot of Crisis Energy to do this.
Good point, but she didn't drew Crisis Energy from the multiverse to destroy universe after universe only. With the power she had gathered before being sealed in the Source Wall called Totality, she worked to obliterate Apokolips and New Genesis. I agree with the rest. It's the reason why I suggest 2-C, possibly Low 1-C with Crisis Energy.

We don't really have much information about how powerful Perpetua really is without drawing Crisis Energy from the Multiverse, but here's what is known:

The most dangerous threats are from outside, and Perpetua comes from outside the Source Wall.
rurbjE7.png

JNxS1uK.jpg

Beings from the greater Omniverse are several rungs above the New Gods in the cosmic ladder.
main-qimg-273c54ca69bc615b16ec5e8eeca2e0c9

According to Lex Luthor, planets form around her fingers with galaxies birthing and dying around her. Note that this happened before she unlocked the power she had amassed before she was imprisoned in the Source Wall.
nvTkp99.jpg

I would have proposed 3-B, higher with Crisis Energy from Low 2-C to Low 1-C, but I don't think it would fit with the power scaling. Especially since characters like Pre-Crisis Superman and Darkseid are 2-C, possibly 2-A..

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't really have much information about how powerful Perpetua really is without drawing Crisis Energy from the Multiverse, but here's what is known:
In the future, please avoid posting full-length scans in the middle of your comment. Turn them into hyper-links or something similar so that it isn't so difficult to read normally.

If we're going to follow Toby's suggestions, I'll just modify this: "3-A, higher with Crisis Energy from Low 2-C to 2-C" instead of 3-B.

How about Unknown, higher with Crisis Energy from Low 2-C to 2-C | Low 1-C?

It's unclear how powerful she is without any supply of Crisis Energy since she was drawing Crisis Energy from the multiverse throughout the entire story as far as I understand. She is more powerful than her three children, so she can reach 3-A or Unknown.

Low 2-C is for gathering energy from the multiverse to destroy universe after universe.

2-C would be for threatening to tear down the Orrery of Worlds and start again from scratch using a large supply of Crisis Energy to restart it, and upon her revival, the dispersion of the Totality resulted in the erasure of Apokolips and New Genesis.

Low 1-C would be for her hierarchical position she had before and while she was called upon to create the multiverse, before she was imprisoned in the Source Wall.

So which solution do you think seems most reliable to use here, and why, Elizio33 and Deagonx?

We can remove the crisis energy ability, but we can't reduce her tier, as it's primarily based on cosmology scaling independent of the crisis energy.
We should save the case of whether or not certain characters scales to their realm and cosmology for another thread. But i doubt Perpetua scale to her realm for multiple reasons.

We should save the case of whether or not certain characters scales to their realm and cosmology for another thread. But i doubt Perpetua scale to her realm for multiple reasons.
I am inclined to agree, but unfortunately that is a separate matter that can't easily be handled here, and would affect several other characters as well.

I am inclined to agree, but unfortunately that is a separate matter that can't easily be handled here, and would affect several other characters as well.
We should preferably talk about all this in our DC Cosmology Revision Project Thread instead. I can help. I already have a good idea for the tiers.

Back