• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick revision for Perpetua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This thread aims to clean up the list of powers and abilities in Perpetua profiles, starting with the Crisis Energy abilities which should be removed as Perpetua has not been shown to be capable of using these forces individually. Perpetua simply draws her power from these energies and infuses them into others. Since reviewing each of her powers would take too long, I made a list of powers she should have based on what she had demonstrated.

Scans coming soon..

Unseen Hand:​

Last edited:
She always had access to the 6th Dimension even when she was no longer part of the Council. She could have barred the Monitor Brothers from entering if she managed to unlock her near-hand status again.

As for Large Size, I don't really think that's very viable. 6th Dimension is technically larger but the beings within it aren't. I don't think she could make herself bigger than the Multivese and really no evidence to support it.

Also, she didn't unform the New Gods. The Totality of energy was what washed them apart. She was simply awakened by the power she was once entrusted with.

I'm unsure about Void Manipulation as that feat doesn't feel like manipulation or the Type 4 Acasulity. She didn't create time nor is she beyond such a concept as she herself is constrained in a way.

She always had access to the 6th Dimension even when she was no longer part of the Council. She could have barred the Monitor Brothers from entering if she managed to unlock her near-hand status again.

As for Large Size, I don't really think that's very viable. 6th Dimension is technically larger but the beings within it aren't. I don't think she could make herself bigger than the Multivese and really no evidence to support it.
Perpetua and her children were portrayed as being larger than the multiverse in the Sixth Dimension.

Also, she didn't unform the New Gods. The Totality of energy was what washed them apart. She was simply awakened by the power she was once entrusted with.

I'm unsure about Void Manipulation as that feat doesn't feel like manipulation or the Type 4 Acasulity. She didn't create time nor is she beyond such a concept as she herself is constrained in a way.

Even if she did not erase them directly, it was still through the power entrusted to her by the Source that Perpetua added to hers until exhaustion.

As for Void Manipulation, she tore apart pieces of the Overvoid and shaped them into beings, which is a form of Void Manipulation, unless what she meant by "Rent from the Overvoid into flesh” was that she warped a little section of Overvoid to shape her multiverse within.

Acausality Type 4 is because she and her sons exist on a higher plane of existence (Sixth Dimension) than conventional spacetime (Material Multiverse), being unaffected by changes in the multiverse and remembering each iteration of the multiverse with Mr. Mxyzptlk's Precognition being useless on them. All of this as long as they are in the Sixth Dimension.

The 6th Dimensions is being scaled here not the individuals. Their large size correlates to location, not to scale to how big they are, but rather how they appear in a realm that sees the Multiverse in a different manner.
Even if she did not erase them directly, it was still through the power entrusted to her by the Source that Perpetua added to hers until exhaustion.
The Totality was the power that did it, not Perpetua. That power was entrusted to her to form the reality not use it for her own selfish need(which she was punished for later). The expanse of energy from connecting the peices of the Totality was what erased them. It's not her power, it was just entrusted to her.
As for Void Manipulation, she tore apart pieces of the Overvoid and shaped them into beings, which is a form of Void Manipulation, unless what she meant by "Rent from the Overvoid into flesh” was that she warped a little section of Overvoid to shape her multiverse within.
I would count as more of a creation feat. However, it seems fine how you're viewing it.
Acausality Type 4 is because she and her sons exist on a higher plane of existence (Sixth Dimension) than conventional spacetime (Material Multiverse), being unaffected by changes in the multiverse and remembering each iteration of the multiverse with Mr. Mxyzptlk's Precognition being useless on them. All of this as long as they are in the Sixth Dimension.
They're residents but I wouldn't count them as being a system beyond it. They may not be bound to it but you can definitely put them with those concepts. Like a Void doesn't naturally have time but you can add time in that location.

The 6th Dimensions is being scaled here not the individuals. Their large size correlates to location, not to scale to how big they are, but rather how they appear in a realm that sees the Multiverse in a different manner.

While it's true that their size correlates with location, they still seem larger than the multiverse, so I think large size via higher dimensional existence is viable. Perpetua held the multiverse in her hands, although it was almost finished and not entirely finished.

I would count as more of a creation feat. However, it seems fine how you're viewing it.

Creation is the power to create out of nothing, which Perpetua has not demonstrated, but i see your point.

They're residents but I wouldn't count them as being a system beyond it. They may not be bound to it but you can definitely put them with those concepts. Like a Void doesn't naturally have time but you can add time in that location.

From the Acausality's page: Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

This is viable for Perpetua and her siblings since they are not bound to the regular system, but like you said, they can be affected by this system once they enter it.

While it's true that their size correlates with location, they still seem larger than the multiverse, so I think large size via higher dimensional existence is viable. Perpetua held the multiverse in her hands, although it was almost finished and not entirely finished.
The condense ball is visual aspect not the entire thing itself. This becomes apparent when Mxy literally shows the 6th Dimension from which the Multiverse is “viewed.” The location is the only change which they do not fully scale to in terms of size.
Creation is the power to create out of nothing, which Perpetua has not demonstrated, but i see your point.
Using “Void” to materialize something can not be unless that Void is filled. The Overvoid, in this case, does not seem to be nothing especially if it happened within the 6th Dimension.
From the Acausality's page: Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

This is viable for Perpetua and her siblings since they are not bound to the regular system, but like you said, they can be affected by this system once they enter it.
They exist outside the system, not beyond it. Meaning there isn’t a greater cause or effect nor a something that is completely different. Lacking something isn’t being beyond it, simply due to predating the system.

This thread aims to clean up the list of powers and abilities in Perpetua profiles, starting with the Crisis Energy abilities which should be removed as Perpetua has not been shown to be capable of using these forces individually. Perpetua simply draws her power from these energies and infuses them into others. Since reviewing each of her powers would take too long, I made a list of powers she should have based on what she had demonstrated.

Scans coming soon..
I have applied everything for Crisis Energy Perpetua^^^^

Will do Unseen Hand tommorow if nobody else does it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back