• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding To Aru Magic God Tiering (High 1-C revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact the higher dimensions have objects which Curtana can cut isn't enough proof of "non-insignificant" size? Then can we just move to what will be the tier of the downgraded Magic Gods? I think 2B or 2A are the best options we have, L2C being a massive downplay, and what will happen with the downgraded powers like Accel's Vector Shield and Aleister's Blasting Rod they will be Space-Time skills now?

XDragnoir said:
The fact the higher dimensions have objects which Curtana can cut isn't enough proof of "non-insignificant" size? Then can we just move to what will be the tier of the downgraded Magic Gods? I think 2B or 2A are the best options we have, L2C being a massive downplay, and what will happen with the downgraded powers like Accel's Vector Shield and Aleister's Blasting Rod they will be Space-Time skills now?
Is there actual proof of infinite universes? We need a number for anything higher than Low 2-C

Magic God-created Phases are shown to cover the entire universe, and that's for each individual one (i.e. the Black World). So there are evidently multiple universes, although the exact number is unknown. True Gremlin would be infinitely higher than the given baseline.

Wasn't the whole point of the Hidden World that the Magic Gods were so immense a mere movement of their hand or leg, accidentally at that, would destroy the normal universe? Despite this, the Toaru world has no alternate world or anything like that.

Meaning there had to be some space somewhere somehow where the Magic Gods could exist and inhabit in without destroying the universe, therefore a space larger than the normal universe. This can only be the higher dimensions because, again, there is nothing like a parallel world that exists in To Aru, there's no other "space". Even phases like heaven and hell exist besides the normal universe but at a different frequency, yet the explanation of the Magic Gods would imply this is not a possibility for them.

The only reason they'd be able to reside in the world without destroying it would be Zombie's spell of dividing their power infinitely, but there's no reason to assume Zombie was around since the very first magic god started existing, so again, SOMEWHERE had to exist larger than the universe itself to hold them.

Matthew Schroeder said:
A universe having more than 3 dimensions =/= dimensions being each infinitely larger than the previous.
But I was not arguing that , I was saying that at least they should encompass the lower dimensions (so at least same size as the universe for the 4th and the 5th would encompass the 4th ,etc) and have to be physical , if u look above some people were saying "it's a sub space" or "they are small"

I don't know if I'm missing something, but doesn't Curtana's very nature already prove that higher dimensions in Toaru are infinitely large, and all-encompassing over the whole universe? The swords very nature or ability is to be able to cut through ANYTHING by severing all dimension, be they higher or lower. If this wasn't the case (that higher dimensions in Toaru are infinitely larger, and all-encompassing over the whole universe at least), then I imagine it would have been specified by the author, that Curtana is only able to cut through objects of a certain specified size, due to a limitation in dimensional size. The fact that the sword works, and can cut through anything by severing higher dimensions, I think, already proves that these higher dimensions have to be all-encompassing over the whole verse. Unless the sword would only be able to cut through, say a wall of 20 metres, but be unable to cut through one of 200 metres, due to dimensional size limitations, which isn't really the case. Here's some text from the novel the clearly points it out:

"'This simultaneously severs every dimension at the coordinates whether they are higher dimensions or lower dimensions. It seems the only cross section objects created that we can perceive are the ones that can appear in a three-dimensional world."

(What...?)

Kamijou was completely dumbfounded.

If what she was saying was true, that sword was a monstrous weapon that could cut right through dimensions which did exist but were more of a concept than anything. No matter how much steel someone used to protect his body, Curtana Original could cut right through the dimension to cleave him in two.

Even so, Kamijou did not feel any fear. The scale was simply too great. Apparently the universe was constantly expanding due to the big bang, but no one could concretely feel the universe expanding with their five senses. Second Princess Carissa was using a power on that level.

"All Dimensions Severing Spell."

Carissa spun Curtana Original around with a snap of her wrist and a smile slowly spread across her face as the ruins of the world that were the cross-section objects spilled about.

"This is the first I've used this, but it's much easier to use than I expected. If it has a flaw, it's that it makes things too easy which takes some of the fun out of it."

Finally, Kamijou brought his brain out of its state of shock. Second Princess Carissa was the leader of the coup d'etat. He had had a proper conversation with her in Buckingham Palace and even laughed with her. He didn't want to get in a fist fight with her if he could help it, but it looked as if it would be difficult to end things with just a discussion. And if he screwed up, Index, who was unconscious in the carriage, would be in danger.

(...Dammit. I guess we'll have the discussion after we fight!!)

Carissa held up her sword that could slice through not just a manmade nuclear shelter but the earth and the universe itself.

Kamijou glanced over at Acqua. Could he trust him? Whatever anyone said, it didn't change the fact that Acqua was a member of the Roman Catholic Church's God's Right Seat. But he had been fighting the Knights led by Knight Leader before.

I personally trust more the simple fact that Magic Gods being able to exist somewhere in the higher dimensions, higher than what Othinus can achieve, is proof enough they are larger than the universe. It is literally a requirement lest they destroy all as they explicitly do not wish to do.

I don't believe the Hidden World has a relation to dimensions, but the relation that all 11-D dimensional space will be destroyed if they accidentally move a muscle is a big thing.

What Strong said before regarding how 3-D actions like foresight and causality, even Fate can't reach or detect 11-D actions proves that there IS a qualitive difference between dimensions higher and lower as well. Dimensions clearly have baring rather than simply being vague and there.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm pretty sure that the Magic Gods being able to destroy the universe by stepping in it has nothing to do with dimensions.
The whole point of the Magic Gods destroying it is that they are far too big to inhabit that space in the first place, hence needing to inhabit the hidden world that they made.

The Hidden World has infinite space, right? The Magic Gods have control over Phases, Dimensions, etc. We know the higher dimensions exists, are extra moviment axis, have matter inside them because Curtana cuts that to create the debris, and we also know a esper who can see the future can't see the future of 11D things. So, the True Magic Gods have all the things i just said, but infinite, because they have full control over dimensions, and why create an infinite 3D world when you can create an infinite 11D world? So, even if the True Gods are H1C in the new system, what will be Othinus' tier?

yes but that has nothing to do with size of the dimension, their feats would follow after the size is determinated, maybe u can use the hidden world to have a sense of higher dimension but that's a bit special as again it would be linked to the original dimensions

for now the argument would follow after we found a common ground on the size of normal higher dimensions

ur are putting the cart before the horses, so first we clear up the dimensions with abilities or quote that directly interact with them,then we go over the tiers

There's a difference between passively destroying stuff because "powafur" and destroying it because the universe can't literally sustain you because of its size.

That by itself would imply the magic gods had to go somewhere bigger before Zombie's spell existed, and that somewhere had to be bigger.

Lapsad said:
Ok. Allof this, We can brief the downgrade for to aru then?.
Is there actually any definitive proof as to why the downgrade is being pushed, or is it just for the sake of it? The whole reasoning in the first place was that supposedly, the higher dimensions of toaru were not of a non-insignificant size, which we've all presented evidence to quite the contrary (Curtana's nature, the MG's using them to alter the whole world). So as of right now, is there any definitive reason as to why their downgrade is being considered, and any proof for said reason?

ZephyrosOmega said:
the dimensions being non-insignificant doesn't matter if they're not explicitly higher infinities anyway IIRC
It does since non-insignificant size is one of the requirements to get Higher D tiers. Its not always about higher infinities

ZephyrosOmega said:
the dimensions being non-insignificant doesn't matter if they're not explicitly higher infinities anyway IIRC
"This rating can be reached by 5 and 6-dimensional constructs and spaces when they are either of an infinite (or otherwise non-insignificant) size or portrayed as qualitatively greater than lower-dimensional objects in their setting"

We proved non-insignificant AND that there's qualitive differences between greater and lower as with the 3-D Casuality not being able to read 11-D.

Accelerate420 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
"This rating can be reached by 5 and 6-dimensional constructs and spaces when they are either of an infinite (or otherwise non-insignificant) size or portrayed as qualitatively greater than lower-dimensional objects in their setting"
We proved non-insignificant AND that there's qualitive differences between greater and lower as with the 3-D Casuality not being able to read 11-D.
Yes, i support to low-1C too

Lapsad said:
Ok. Allof this, We can brief the downgrade for to aru then?.
By brief he means briefing, as in, summing up what needs to be done. Which would be to downgrade all Tier 1s into some level of tier 2. And it looks like it's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back