• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding To Aru Magic God Tiering (High 1-C revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultima Reality said:
Is there a particular reason to assume they only extend this far, though?
No, though there isn't a particular reason to assume the opposite either.

So do we default to assuming that dimensions not on the microscopic scale are universe sized?

@DontTalk

Well, unless the dimensions in question are described super vaguely and aren't too elaborated upon, it could be something along those lines, yes. For instance, if a Universe is described as higher-dimensional and the dimensions themselves are not compactified, I don't see much ground to assume the whole thing is so small in relation to its additional axes.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thanks. That seems to be the conclusion here then.
Do any of the profiles or the verse page require additional explanations adapted to our new tiering system?
Not necessarily, though? Just because Ultima said "I guess it can't be fine" mostly out of exhaustion and a preference to focus on other verses doesn't mean it's all over.

Pretty funny that when a bunch of people were agreeing universally for a downgrade it wasn't allowed to go through because of "no conclusion". But I guess a half-hearted shrug is all it takes to preserve a series' precious high tier.

Well, I suppose that the discussion can continue then.

theres nothing left to discuss . ultima gave his reasons and was not purely out of exhaustion of the topic like matthew would like us to believe.

everyone who actively participated and added to the discussion to downgrade the verse has conceded. After weeks of waiting i believe we are done here.

If the person pushing the downgrade has conceded and it's agreed upon with the supporters then I see no reason to continue just because one guy doesn't like the outcome. Let's not toss around assumptions about 'preserving a series' like that, that's not a very respectful thing to say. As TIH stated, there's really nothing left to discuss.

Okay. Then it is probably fine to keep as it is.

TIHYDDWBE said:
theres nothing left to discuss . ultima gave his reasons and was not purely out of exhaustion of the topic like matthew would like us to believe.
everyone who actively participated and added to the discussion to downgrade the verse has conceded. After weeks of waiting i believe we are done here.
I do talk to Ultima and it's very much exhaustion.

Nobody has really concede, people are just sick of your endless c*ckblocking. Which is the strategy used by all fandoms here to prevent downgrades. Pad shit out until noobdy can take it anymore and just f*cking end me already.

I think we should close this thread and maybe add the non-insignificant size description to the profile page of the series to avoid this being brought up again like Malox suggested. It's best not to let this devolve or derail further.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I do talk to Ultima and it's very much exhaustion.

Nobody has really concede, people are just sick of your endless c*ckblocking. Which is the strategy used by all fandoms here to prevent downgrades. Pad shit out until noobdy can take it anymore and just f*cking end me already.
I accept your concession.

Mind your language please Matthew. As you know, it is part of our duties to make an effort in this regard.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I mean at this point it's basically just a general issue.

If we in general assume that non-microscopic size is sufficient evidence to assume large extra dimensions then To Aru should keep the tier. Otherwise it shouldn't.

If you feel like debating Ultima on that you can basically just do a staff thread on the general issue, given that it's in regards to our tiering system standards. I for one just don't feel like doing that, as long as whatever standards we have are applied consistently.

I can say that I somewhat share your frustration on the debate practices here, though. Lately To Aru debates feel like HST threads, in regards of talking against text walls.

Be that as it may that people have problems with other people on the site and how debates are handled, this isn't the time nor place to discuss or complain about it. Since there's nothing really more to be said I think this can be concluded. Any general issues should be handled elsewhere rather than letting this drag out.

IMO non-microscopic higher dimensions should be unquantifiably above baseline for whatever the tier would be (in this case, low 2-C)

DontTalk seems to make sense to me as well. That said, as I have said elsewhere, I would also prefer if our new standards for higher dimensions did require them to be treated as infinitely and/or qualitatively superior in order to qualify for higher tiers.

technically speaking we could assume a real size but it would still be low balling it, 1) max possible curtana slice so universal, 2) how many time one can do it (so slicing the superior dimension multiple times) but we lack previous info on how many time it was used trough history

so the size of the higher dimensions should be between non insignificant to infinite

The problem is mainly because the Xth dimension in a lot of works is frequently used as metaphors and hyperboles. And there do exist plenty of planes of existences with an X number of dimensions but are less than universal in size.

That being said, not advocating for anything here, just that the way Ultima has layed it out is pretty spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back