• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru] High 1-C Aleister dura

Before getting onto a GT9 CRT which would give Aleister a new key, this will be a small thread for a tiering upgrade that has a direct feat and statements.

Tiering change:
Aleister's AP is already at least High 1-C with Blasting Rod. I'm looking to apply the same to his dura with Blasting Rod.

Aleister, who planned to fight Magic Gods with the Blasting Rod that increases stats to ten times whatever the opponent expects, clashed with, and survived an attack from a full power Magic God with only a half/third of his body burned. Said Magic Gods destroy the world by twitching their leg and one of them was looking to kill him in a blind fury. (This doesn't mean he used the most efficient method; just that he wanted Aleister dead in that moment.) Not only this, it's very much worth nothing that he stated he fought all of the Magic Gods at once.

Thus, I'm looking to change Aleister's durability from "Wall level, likely far higher with magic" to: "Wall level physically, Varies with Blasting Rod (Increases 10 times based on the target's expectation), up to At least High 1-C"
The current justification or scans in the profile don't even need to change.

Miscellaneous change: His range should also state the following:

Votes:​

Agree: DontTalkDT*, DarkDragonMedeus, XDragnoir, Excel616, Aseka, Accel0305, MeidoIzayoi, StrangerALover, Mizuki67
Disagree:
Neutral:

*DontTalkDT had some, if not many, contentions with my general points, but was ultimately fine with applying the dura rating, solely under Blasting Rod (which is basically what I was arguing for from the start.) Maybe in this standalone CRT they'd have more to say, who knows.

Sandbox

Last edited:
Nah, I have nothing more to say, the H1C scaling is already accepted and it not being in his durability section is proof of how outdated our profiles are.

So yeah, the CRT is fine to go.

yeah
if his AP is up at least to H1-C for fighting the magic gods with the blasting rod, his durability should get the same rating for surviving with them
I agree

I added upper caps to the ranges in the OP if anyone wants to comment on it. I copied the current justification the AP section uses for most of it.

Disagree, This is one of the few cases where Durabiliity dosen't actually scale with AP, and this isen't a matter of having a "outdated" profile, but was rather debunked. I am pretty sure the debunk thread was later year? ( I may be confusing it with another character from the verse)

Disagree, This is one of the few cases where Durabiliity dosen't actually scale with AP, and this isen't a matter of having a "outdated" profile, but was rather debunked. I am pretty sure the debunk thread was later year? ( I may be confusing it with another character from the verse)
The only other thread I remember of this topic was actually a different staff member noticing the blatant contradiction and looking to update it themselves despite not being familiar with the series, until the thread got postponed into obscurity. I can't find the thread anymore unfortunately so guess you're free to take that with a grain of salt if you'd like.
LordAizenSama was in it if I recall, although not the creator of the thread.

Even if it existed, that was way back and people might as well address the arguments being presented

Last edited:
The only other thread I remember of this topic was actually a different staff member noticing the blatant contradiction and looking to update it themselves despite not being familiar with the series, until the thread got postponed into obscurity. I can't find the thread anymore unfortunately so guess you're free to take that with a grain of salt if you'd like.
LordAizenSama was in it if I recall, although not the creator of the thread.

Even if it existed, that was way back and people might as well address the arguments being presented
Welp, it is far from the only one in this series, another example would be Accelerater. Where he also got his durability debunked to lower then his AP.

Welp, it is far from the only one in this series, another example would be Accelerater. Where he also got his durability debunked to lower then his AP.
What? This has nothing to do with this thread and his dura was never debunked.

That's not the argument that's being used at all.

I will say that I personally think he can amplify a shield spell with the blasting rod to those levels, as that follows the general principles of the spell. I feel like it's worth noting that him applying that to something like a passive durability spell is, by all we have seen, out of character if even possible. So while I agree in principle, I think that should be noted, as the suggested text makes it sound like that would be a usual, if not even passive, state of his durability that he has commonly active.

And yeah, I consider him clashing with magic gods off-screen that clearly didn't use their actual best techniques and surviving it quite possibly primarily due to immortality not good evidence for anything. The rating should be entirely because he can theoretically do spell boosting to his defensive spells.

I agree, do you have suggestions on how I could make it clearer that it's dependent on what level the enemy expects Aleister's power to be at? Not exactly sure if you want to reword a justification(s) or were just clarifying your stance

I will say that I personally think he can amplify a shield spell with the blasting rod to those levels, as that follows the general principles of the spell. I feel like it's worth noting that him applying that to something like a passive durability spell is, by all we have seen, out of character if even possible
I don't get your view on this.

You don't think Aleister has a "full body" durability spell or you don't think he could apply Blasting Rod to it even if he had one?

Back