• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the Sub-Rel Minato calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
"I don't think we can use this calc. I assume you think that is the distance from A's fist to Minato's nose, but that is a similar thing as water refraction with A's chakra. As you can tell by me circling the key areas here, A's fist is already on the tip of Minato's nose, but he teleported in that instant. Not that he teleported away from somebody that's lightning speed from a few cm away"

Alternatively, we can say he was so close it looks like he's touching his nose, then we can assume that the distance between the two was about a hair's width, which at it's max size would be 181 ┬Ám, and given the speed here, Minato would be 81x FTL in reactions.

If we used the thickness of a sheet of paper, he'd be 14x FTL in reactions.

Assuming a distance of 2px = 0.00065461m(2) = 0.00130922m = 1.12x FTL

1px = 0.56 FTL

Clear outliers.

4goiog
Relevant posts:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kepekley23/Naruto:_Minato_avoids_A_at_point-blank_range

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1479090

He is not lightning speed in the first place, to begin with, it was a mistranslation.

Am I the only person who actually loves the idea of MFTL Minato ?

Jokes aside I personally think he started the process of teleportation much earlier and it took some time for him to execute it and this frame is a frame of him just before he teleported away and he started the process much earlier, likely when he saw A starting to move in his direction.

Minato sees A move in his direction, his eye sends the neural impulse to his brain, A covers half of the distance, he thinks about what to do and A comes closer. He begins the jutsu when A is an arms length away and finishes it just before A's punch lands (the picture)

So, I found the translation on NarutoForums:

Screenshot 2018-03-13-23-15-50
Screenshot 2018-03-13-23-15-58
This entry is from the final Naruto DB that came out in Japan. This one hasn't been translated to English yet officially.
Here is the Raw to the full Databook in Japanese.

LordWhis said:
Jokes aside I personally think he started the process of teleportation much earlier and it took some time for him to execute it
I don't think that's ever been a thing. FTG has no charge time.

"Minato sees A move in his direction, his eye sends the neural impulse to his brain, A covers half of the distance, he thinks about what to do and A comes closer."

Wew

That also wouldn't be impressive enough to calc

He begins the jutsu when A is an arms length away and finishes it just before A's punch lands (the picture)"

His teleportation is instant

I think the context of the battle was:

A already knew Minato's jutsu. He was wondering which kunai he would teleport to next. Letting him get that close to his face would keep his little secret. Of course, Minato reacted faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar before he ever got that close, but instead just teleported at the last second.

Well, since, for different reasons, we both disagree with sr+ minato, I see no reason to continue this argument.

TheFinalOrder said:
So, I found the translation on NarutoForums:
Screenshot 2018-03-13-23-15-50
Screenshot 2018-03-13-23-15-58
This entry is from the final Naruto DB that came out in Japan. This one hasn't been translated to English yet officially.
Here is the Raw to the full Databook in Japanese.
This translation is also incorrect. Here is the raw for the "lightning speed" statement: ÚøÀþ║ÅÒüåþÑ×ÚǃÒü«õ¢ôÞíôÕ¿üÕÄ│µ║óÒéîÒéïÚø▓ÚÜáÒéîÒü«µö»µƒ▒

It literally doesn't say speed of lightning or lightning speed. It would more accurately be:

"Lightning clad extreme speed (can be read as God Speed) taijutsu - Overflowing with diginity, Kumogakure's support." Where this quote is taken from also happens to be the flavor text. Not an actual information box or side info.

Independently ofbwhat thebdatabook say, it the manga panel from the blog it seems that Minato sees the attack before that same scene, so it should be calculated from that instance unless I'm missing something (if it reactions).

A attack Minato for intent to killing him two times. First A doesn't care about kunais but for second attack he was wondering which kunai Minato would teleport to next and make a plan for that. Main problem we don't know A's speed. Maybe someone calc A's speed and/or the distance between Minato-A from this pages.

https://www.**********.com/naruto/542/12

Also Minato teleport two times before Bee attacking him.

I'm iffy about the calc, just because Minato was described to be a fast character doesn't mean we should accept a speed feat higher than anything in the verse even in the reactions depatment [there is even a discussion for giving it to a bunch of other characters, not only as reactions but combat speed as well] sans for Toneri meteors, at least this is what Matthew would have said.

Yeah, but once someone gets the reactions if they get blitzed the other person gets the speed.

Also the manga doesn't do the disance between A and Minato justice, the anime shows it much better.

Tbh Ay being lightning speed shouldn't be a big deal, considering they are very close to lighting speed anyway, and the super close lightning speed was done by fatigued Pain/Sage Mode Naruto who is inferior to six tailed Naruto who is inferior to Kcm Naruto who is around Minato's Speed who is slightly faster than Ay

Dark649 said:
I'm iffy about the calc, just because Minato was described to be a fast character doesn't mean we should accept a speed feat higher than anything in the verse even in the reactions depatment [there is even a discussion for giving it to a bunch of other characters, not only as reactions but combat speed as well] sans for Toneri meteors, at least this is what Matthew would have said.
i mean Madara has a super casual Sub reletivistic feat tho, him him Sub rel+ isnt an outlier

I mean, it was a new form so I'm not sure it would be an outlier. Maybe PIS.

There was a time Naruto only scaled to him in reactions.

Shadowbokunohero said:
i mean Madara has a super casual Sub reletivistic feat tho, him Sub rel+ isnt an outlier
Expect that this one was done by a character far weaker than him, if a character has a casual Low 6-B feat doesn't mean is 6-B.

look carefully A's hand was front of minato's '''right cheek''' not front of his nose so your assumption is wrong

Well, omnipresence has been reached so, the joke's over.

I still say the process of reacting started long before A ever got as close as in the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back